GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2021 18:00:53  #1711

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

Nope, because I'm not of legal age to be having that

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 22, 2021 18:18:04  #1712

For some reason my hands decided to draw Kiaane slightly blushing and half of my brain cell is, like, doing the obnoxious 2018 "Awwwww," while the other half is like, hyperventilating from questionable and probably bad decisions

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 18:24:19  #1713

For some reason, my mind is refusing to let Fate!Kiaane and GGaD!Kiaane look similar in any aspect except certain armor pieces and like, general color palette...why. Why must it make me do extra work

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 18:50:42  #1714

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Ngl, that's also how I was thinking. But maybe the original face cards (defined by Europeans) can be the deities

-Galaxian-

Yeah. Though we can have ace and joker do so if we want, and so we kinda have a spot for Ark

Oh are we even talking about this anymore?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 22, 2021 18:57:22  #1715

Yeah we are, sorry, I just can't remember stuff I wanna post so I need to post it. Hopefully I'm not causing too much of a problem
I think we have the spot already, not 100% sure though. Here lemme list
Specter, Dalia, Galaxian, Echo, Apollo, Time, Oblivion, Chronos, Basket Cat, Marsh, Elaine, Ark
Possibly Effervescence.
Notably, Eliza hasn't posted here. She hasn't been on in general today, and neither has Effervescence, so xD. Marsh also hasn't responded, so with the 12 face cards, we also have at least two of Specter's deities--Specter, Dalia, Bixbite, Shatter--Galaxian, Echo, Apollo, Time, Oblivion, Ark, and my second deity if needed. It looks like if Echo, you, Specter, Ark, and me are the only ones participating, then the plan for the deities being the original face cards actually doesn't have enough deities. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 19:09:02  #1716

Lol my mind was thinking about how Kiaane has very good agility and it was wondering "Hey they're so antisocial, what if they can actually dance super well"
I don't know what to think of this atm because the irony-loving part of my brain cell is clearly trying to screw up my opinion, but I would like to note that Wiley is also very agile and sucks at at least 80% of any forms of dancing that aren't robotic dancing or dancing that is intentionally supposed to be funny or bad

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 19:20:30  #1717

Akuma believes that ugly screams exist and unfortunately I have to agree with it
Some screams are like. Please. No.
I wonder if one time it was being sadistic but as soon as the scream came out from its victim and it decided said scream was ugly it was like, "You get off easy"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 19:28:50  #1718

I feel like that's too logical for some reason, but it's also not inaccurate? I guess everything is according to whims, sometimes it likes hearing ugly screams, other times it's a bit more rational and considerate of its host's hearing abilities. Either way.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 23:28:41  #1719

LMIAO this gives so many Rai and Shouhei vibes, though Shouhei's a bit more enthusiastic usually lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 02:27:47  #1720

Hitan spoke to me today and fjisodfjdsojdofjo a blessing from the pantheon of this roleplay's world. He usually doesn't speak a lot, but it might be because I've been working on Helge and Wiley's been quiet today. 
I think I heard a bit of Kaori too, but his voice was really, really dim. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 16:54:12  #1721

I swear I had a concept to put onto a character, I just can't remember it
Serves me right for not writing it down yesterday lol
Well at least I know it wasn't that important lol it just was exploring a cliche upend or something like that.
Maybe I'll remember later.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 19:53:08  #1722

Lol one of the most petty things about me is I'm willing to help others and I like to help others, but, like, the minimum payback is a "Thank you." I don't really care about that for even little things, like holding doors IRL, but if I edit your entire post for you and your entire post is like 10 pages long, if you don't thank me, I won't help again lol.
So sometimes I struggle with not making characters go "What's the magic word?" all the time, like I don't think they care as much as me for that kind of thing, lol. Though GGaD!Galaxian really likes hearing "Thank you" (and if he cares for someone he expects them to care as well), and ig most people aren't that dumb to keep helping people who aren't grateful. I do have a character who helps no matter how others react, though. They're weird lol and I don't understand them, but I don't think they're dumb. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:00:22  #1723

I care about the A.A. to a weird extent lol, which is funny since their backstory isn't even all that developed. It's mostly their motives that I understand and, in a way, I sympathize. 
I wonder if they'll ever show those motives, but probably not. They're kinda that character in a story who acts a certain way and probably gets criticized by readers because their motives were never revealed and it just seems like a way to advance plot, but imo I actually understand that type of character. It's hard to develop that kind of character nicely, I think, not only because they're so secretive, but also because you have to show a type of logic that isn't so obvious before they do that one crucial thing for the plot. You have to show they're capable of doing it and aren't being OOC, and how they do have motives, even unknown, that causes things to happen. In a way, It's kinda like those people IRL who suddenly act differently, like that random someone who acts nice to you, a stranger, but you don't know anything about them and probably won't meet them again. You just remember what they did, and you'll never know why they did it, but there's definitely a story behind them. The A.A.'s kinda like that way, though ofc, it's not really a matter of "kindness" for them. It's a different way. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:06:52  #1724

The A.A. and Raez are the two characters that come to mind who aren't very active but I probably show a lot of attention towards (even if not on here, like, in the form of notes and drawings,,, though I haven't really drawn the A.A. lol, blob of darkness) 
I feel like Raez is overshadowed by his friends a lot. Like, Rai and Wiley are definitely two characters who...stand out more? I guess? Wiley's obviously very crazy, which makes most characters stand out, and Rai is...he chill, I guess. He more predominantly embodies philosophies and more deep thinking that I churn out while I develop as a character(?) and then place onto characters like him. He's arguably my first character who embodies ideas and stuff. Before that, my way of making characters was pretty straightforward. And even for Rai, he was pretty straightforward, too. He was supposed to be a bad guy, a good liar, possibly someone who'd drop out of the scene soon. But it didn't really go that way in terms of development, so he's a lot better now, in my opinion. More complex, very mysterious, but well-intentioned. And with a lot of ideas that I have imprinted on him. 
Both Rai and Wiley are older than Raez in terms of being characters; Wiley actually was in CC, though he joined at a time where it was almost absolute inactivity for the RP, so he got his development in GGaD. I wasn't sure how it'd go, but I don't regret putting him in GGaD at all. It was a very good decision, imo. Raez was actually based off another character, who in turn was based off a dream; he didn't get any development until very recently. Though, I guess that's also the case with Wiley, since his backstory and Raez's got developed simultaneously. But for Wiley, he shows a lot more of his personality; for Raez, he's kinda like Rai. He's supposed to seem a bit mundane, normal, not really standing out. But for Rai, that manifests more in his chill attitude and his appearance, and not really his personality as a whole. For Raez, he's even better at not standing out than Rai in his own ways, and so he's like this.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:15:56  #1725

In a way, I guess Rai's trademarks kinda come out a bit. I don't think he's all that known in the roleplay, either (since he rarely appears; I'm so afraid of him getting hurt lol you wouldn't even know), but his smirk is pretty iconic, I think. And he's very chill, as mentioned before. So, in a way, he's kinda like Raez, just a bit more deeply involved in some areas. 
I honestly don't know how to express my opinions on my characters other than "I like them," which is true for a lot of them. It's kind of weird considering how some of them have very weird morals, and usually those ones are the ones that I talk about kicking or punching (obviously I'm not talking about Akuma here. I hate Akuma), but for Rai specifically, I think that maybe I think of him as an older brother myself. He was actually kind of based around that idea, so no matter how much he suppresses his original personality and seems like he's not a human in some areas, his one most human aspect is that he is like an older brother. Most of his mistakes and fallacies in how he usually acts is because of that. This is making me sad looool
I like Rai a lot. In all of the worlds he's in, I can usually really sympathize/empathize with him, because fundamentally he's pretty similar to me. 
Humanity is such a weird thing lol, put onto characters in certain ways it makes them sympathetic, but at the same time the same humanity can do such weird things

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:26:20  #1726

Speaking of fundamentals, Kiaane's one of those characters who, if they had different fundamentals, I'd probably hate them. But because of their fundamental qualities, I like them a lot. 
And that's weird, right? One would think that I hate characters who do immoral things, and I'm pretty sure Kiaane has done a lot of immoral things. But maybe I'm more forgiving towards fictional characters (though it's less "forgiveness" than "understanding," since if it were forgiveness, I'm pretty sure I'd 100% be against death penalty, even towards murderers. But nope, my outlook is more 'Maybe death is good for them, and I hope they can reincarnate into a life where they can be educated and treated well and can be good people'). Of course, I don't think those immoral things should be just excluded, which is also why (I think) how for their HPA and Fate designs, I'm really unhappy how similar they look to GGaD. That's because HPA and Fate show their fundamental qualities a heck of a lot more than in GGaD. So, when they look similar, it makes me think: Oh, there's no change. Oh, they're just the same person, so they look the same. It's hard for me to really describe (well) the thought process for me, but I guess I could say this is a good way to think for me because it makes their development more meaningful? I don't know.
I don't know what path GGaD!Kiaane will go down. I'm not even sure what the answers are to that question in HPA and Fate, too, though I guess I know for a fact that in those two universes, it's much more likely that they're happier and better at expressing their "self" rather than in GGaD, where it depends on what path they take. I'm not 100% sure if GGaD!Kiaan thinks about this type of thing, but I guess even they don't expect fully that they'll get a good ending. I don't think they care about a good ending, really. They just want an ending that can be called an ending--not, like, a death where nothing of theirs was fulfilled and their death seems only a mechanism for someone else's story. 
One path I don't want to go down for GGaD!Kiaane, however, is the path related to my IRL philosophies. You know, the one that deems that they've done too many bad things this life to continue on. If so, then Hitan wouldn't have a way of continuing down on his path. And for GGaD!Galaxian, that's a philosophy that's choking him atm. Even if they do end up meeting an end in GGaD, it should be a meaningful one, you know? They shouldn't be like the rest of the Thaohals, who became background material for the one who killed them. And if it's an end that they choose, that maybe isn't an ending that is all that fulfilling, I think and believe that they'll choose correctly.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:40:45  #1727

A few days earlier I was thinking of writing a tiny excerpt between Alexander and Akuma, when they first met, but like, I don't remember Alexander's personality (pre. "amnesia"), and also I'm not even sure how Akuma would've looked. Kaori is physically younger than Hitan, and the demon makes the difference worse, so technically while Kaori is chronologically older than Hitan, he looks much younger. This is a bit skewed because Hitan also has qualities that make him look younger than 22, but that's the gist.
So since Akuma and Alexander met before Hitan was chronologically 15, that means Kaori's body was physically less than 15 by a margin. This is hilarious to me and honestly it'd be good writing material, considering I don't think Alexander would've been much convinced by a kid, demon or not, but I need to work out stuff first.

Okay, but on another note (though related, no longer hilarious to me), consider: Hitan died at 15, and Akuma looked like a freaking kid. It's bad enough that the Mamba is technically actually 14 and has murder urges on a regular basis, but at least when he's murdering, he looks 18. And he's tall too. But that wouldn't have been the case for Kaori's body. Even right now, Kaori's 5' 10'', which is shorter than most of my male characters. And it's been 7 years since then, which means Hitan was literally killed by a demon in the body of his friend, who was physically still a kid.
I don't know how I didn't think about this much until today, but,,, now...

.........(: .

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:42:18  #1728

I feel like Akuma's development is it persisting to commit every atrocity known to humankind minus...uh, a certain category of crimes.
That's not a redeeming quality.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 20:48:19  #1729

I love how I went from gushing about my thoughts about the A.A. and Raez as well as how much I love Rai to reasoning why I Google what the most painful ways to die for a demon who can't feel pain and is too OP are
Everything about my characters comes from my decisions, good and bad, and while I'm glad that Akuma isn't fodder due to writing reasons, I also hate myself for having that instinct

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 23:14:53  #1730

NationStates!Rai decided to adopt children and I'm like
"Bruh
Why???"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 23, 2021 23:22:23  #1731

Noting this. It's a quote from Mohuang Da Guanjia's novel version, obviously all credits due to the author.
"人在绝望的时候,往往会求助于神魔。求助于神倒是理所应当,但你知道,人为什么要求助魔吗?神会保你平安,但有一个要求,放下一切。可魔不同,魔会拿走你的一切,但同时会鼓励你,一往无前地去完成你的心愿,填满你的欲望!”

"When a person is despairing, he often asks a god or a demon for help. Relying on a god seems like the way to go, but do you know why a person will rely on a demon instead? A god will ensure you are safe and sound, but in return, you need to put down your all. But in contrast, a demon will take your all, but at the same time, it will encourage you to go persistently finish your deepest wishes and desires!"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 24, 2021 01:17:07  #1732

I find it kinda funny that with all the angst I do, usually if my characters have parents, the angst doesn't come with the parents, or at least it doesn't come from both
And if it does come from both parents, it's not something that the character remembers (e.g. if they were orphaned willingly by both parents, the character doesn't really know that and doesn't care), so yay?
I'm trying to remember exceptions but I can't atm. Maybe I'll eat my words officially later.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 24, 2021 01:55:38  #1733

My characters:
Me, crying from a environmental cause fundraising ad while ignoring AP Environmental Science work yay:
My characters watching me:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 24, 2021 15:35:27  #1734

Lol I had like 5 things I wanted to remember from yesterday night but I can only remember 2
Thankfully, one of the 2 was one I was adamant on remembering lol, so yay.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 24, 2021 16:02:07  #1735

Okay, I remembered 4 things out of the 5, and usually that's a standard I can't reach, so we fine now.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 24, 2021 17:14:07  #1736

Remind to self to make an alignment chart with the categories being Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral Tired; Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral Stupid; and Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral Bastard

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 25, 2021 00:31:25  #1737

I'm begging Google Docs to work lol, I need to do a test but I have 3 things I need to note down

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 25, 2021 00:46:38  #1738

"We could test our conclusion by stabbing Socrates to see if he dies,"
The Mamba: OwO
"...but since the logic of the syllogism is sound, it may be better to cut Socrates a break and deem the argument valid."
The Mamba:

It's both funny and not funny that I can see the A.A. trying to teach the Mamba what syllogism is and reading this off the internet and this literally being what's happening while they're trying to do so

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 25, 2021 00:49:31  #1739

Did I wait 20 minutes for the Doc to load so I could note down a potential funny scene for an AU? Yes. But I have no regrets.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 25, 2021 22:09:17  #1740

Wiley makes Rai remember like 3000 passwords of his because he can't remember passwords
He can remember equations and other math-y stuff no problem, but he can't remember passwords for the life of him.
This is also a guy who can recite pi for more than 24 hours straight and he still can't remember passwords

"Hey Rai what's the password for Lab #247??"
"This call may be monitored for quality purposes."
"DON'T SCREW WITH ME RAI, IF I DON'T GET INTO THE LAB WITHIN THE NEXT HALF MINUTE, I'M GETTING CARPET-BOMBED"
"Oh lol"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera