GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2021 18:54:10  #1681

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

E

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

April 21, 2021 22:17:15  #1682

What if the artists of this community teamed up to make a deck of cards based off GGaD characters

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 21, 2021 22:37:05  #1683

owo I would be up to do that but my art skills are YEET so idk if they would turn out any good lol

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 21, 2021 23:11:07  #1684

I'm in.
Just tell me what to do.

Specter

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

April 22, 2021 00:13:38  #1685

That seems cool

However idk if you can rely on me with how many times I've said I am going to post art but nothing comes around

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 22, 2021 02:21:57  #1686

There's also a bunch of characters who would need to be drawn lol, like...a deck, even if a normal one, 52 cards lol. So even if we went by, like, each character having one card (as in each character is present on 4 cards--for instance, if Galaxian were on all 4 Ace cards), I'm not sure that'd be optimal in terms of design. Though I guess this project is more of a fun one so we wouldn't need to get a full deck at all. We'd just have to work out which characters are on which cards so that they don't overlap, and it doesn't need to be an actual deck. 
And personally I haven't drawn seriously in months (again,,, lol) so I can't say for sure I'd be able to commit too, probably would sketch and never show it ever again ig. 
Dunno, what do you guys think? Full deck, or concept drawings/sketches for now, and see if the idea launches? I'm not actually sure how to make a customized deck of cards I mean the free version. I'm broke and I don't have a printer so I can't even make fake cheap versions of your (currently hypothetical) cards xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 02:25:46  #1687

Also I've been trying to refrain posting here, but one of Raez's favorite animals is the seal. He loves how plump they are and how they seem so ungraceful on land but so graceful in water, and in general it's safe to assume he likes jiggly things 
But he doesn't like eating jello. Not only is it unhealthy, he also finds it unappetizing. Though, it might be because the first jello he ever ate was in the mold of a salmon and was combined with, like, cheese and olives and pickles. He was not entranced.

Like uh

Why.

Tbh I probably talk about Raez to an unreasonable extent from your POVs, but xD believe me, I have reason to be intrigued by him. And also, I like him. I think he's nice and weird. Lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 07:08:40  #1688

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

There's also a bunch of characters who would need to be drawn lol, like...a deck, even if a normal one, 52 cards lol. So even if we went by, like, each character having one card (as in each character is present on 4 cards--for instance, if Galaxian were on all 4 Ace cards), I'm not sure that'd be optimal in terms of design. Though I guess this project is more of a fun one so we wouldn't need to get a full deck at all. We'd just have to work out which characters are on which cards so that they don't overlap, and it doesn't need to be an actual deck. 
And personally I haven't drawn seriously in months (again,,, lol) so I can't say for sure I'd be able to commit too, probably would sketch and never show it ever again ig. 
Dunno, what do you guys think? Full deck, or concept drawings/sketches for now, and see if the idea launches? I'm not actually sure how to make a customized deck of cards I mean the free version. I'm broke and I don't have a printer so I can't even make fake cheap versions of your (currently hypothetical) cards xD

-Galaxian-

if we did this, and if my drawing skills didn't suck, i would draw ark as the jokers

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

April 22, 2021 10:57:21  #1689

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

In any case, I guess we'd begin with deities? I don't think there's a whole lot of deities to draw, idk.
I think concept sketches would definitely come first lol as suggestions and feedback will be needed anyways to refine the designs and poses and all that stuff. 
The card designs could be traced digitally and shared or something lol idk

Specter

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

April 22, 2021 11:14:16  #1690

I am good with starting with concept sketches

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

April 22, 2021 11:14:22  #1691

Hmm, so going off the active users list here, we have: Specter, Dalia, Galaxian, Echo, Apollo, Time, Oblivion, Chronos, Basket Cat, Marsh, Elaine, Ark
Possibly Effervescence if forumer!Effervescence wants to join in lol
And that's all the active deities. Slightly sad xD but if Effervescence joins, we have 13 characters, so if they each have 4 cards, that's one deck. And if Effervescence doesn't join, I could draw my second deity lol

-Galaxian-

Edit: Lol other than Effervescence and me revealing more about my second deity, Specter could also draw Bixbite if they wanted

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 11:14:52  #1692

Oh, and if we divvy each character 2 cards instead, we just need to come up with 13 more characters. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 11:30:31  #1693

Just to clarify, we'll be only doing face cards or what? I assume that each face card is a different character

Last edited by Time (April 22, 2021 11:31:21)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 22, 2021 11:31:50  #1694

Unless I'm getting wrong the definition of face cards, I'm pretty sure that each character is being assigned a card even if it's a number card?

Specter

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

April 22, 2021 11:34:26  #1695

If we're going by the European standard (maybe?) of face cards, that's 12 characters, right? 1 card per character, 12 face cards (Jack, Queen, King, 4 cards for each category). The deities would just fit that, then.
Sorry lol, I was going by the cards I can buy in China, where all of the cards have pictures on 'em.
We can go by either. I don't mind.
I hope I didn't misunderstand the context behind the question

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 11:43:01  #1696

By the way, I'm not actually sure Marsh wants to join lol, same for Eliza
If they don't want to join (which is totally reasonable btw, @Eliza and @Marsh), then there would be 4 spots to fill in. 
If we're going by the entire deck, that probably means at least 4 OCs (presuming Bixbite will be drawn) or 5 OCs (if no further deities are drawn), but ig if Specter wants to draw 4 deities (Specter, Bixbite, Shatter, Dalia) then that would mean one non-deity character, which tbh I recommend against lol
And ofc if we're going by face cards only, then just minus every number above by one
Sorry if I mathed wrong lol, rn I'm doing Science unrelated to math

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 12:10:12  #1697

To be honest, I was thinking that it would be more fun to draw the whole deck instead of just face cards (though it would also mean more work lol).

Specter

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

April 22, 2021 12:19:01  #1698

Ngl, that's also how I was thinking. But maybe the original face cards (defined by Europeans) can be the deities

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 13:06:23  #1699

Wiley's version of confessing is not okay

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 14:10:12  #1700

CE from F/GO
Galaxian went "OWO" at it which is why it's here

Cosmic lollipops...

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 14:59:07  #1701

Trying to imagine Kiaane with an :0 expression and somewhat starry eyes and the look is coming more easily than I expected

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 16:14:04  #1702

Me: (*sketches Fate!Kiaane and makes them look even vaguely androgynous*)
That one stupid part of my mind that still wants to make Kiaane female:  👀👀👀👀👀 It's free real estate

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 17:23:21  #1703

Idk how cards work but I'm good doing anything yea

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

April 22, 2021 17:33:43  #1704

It's usually quite awkward of me to think about the terms "Master" and "Servant," and for some of my characters, it's also quite awkward (e.g. F/GO Rai shows that he only calls his Master "Master" when he dies, mostly because Rai is a character who's supposed to upend ideas like subordination)
In Chinese it's better though, because Master is 御主 and Servant is actually 从者. It's a difference of connotation here; "Master" and "Servant" are quite easily associated with, like, clear subordination in English. But in Chinese, actual subordination terms are a bit different, so the terms for Fate are, like, stylized. They're cool xD I think if Rai were able to speak in Chinese, he'd be willing to call his Master 御主
Lol what if Wiley were summoned in an area that spoke Chinese once and his Master was just an absolute jerk; before his Master was able to finish saying the Command Spell to make him kill himself, Wiley called the bastard "jaded pig" (yuzhu, just slightly different intonation than the pronunciation for "Master"; 御主 is yu4 zhu3 while "jaded pig" is yu4 zhu1) lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 17:34:43  #1705

Oops sorry Echo, didn't mean to overwrite your post lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 17:40:47  #1706

Ope it's okay

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

April 22, 2021 17:44:54  #1707

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Me: (*sketches Fate!Kiaane and makes them look even vaguely androgynous*)
That one stupid part of my mind that still wants to make Kiaane female:  👀👀👀👀👀 It's free real estate

I need to learn how to keep the useful parts of the brain cell on while the useless parts can be shut down because I looked back at the sketch and I literally don't think Kiaane looks androgynous anymore they do seem OOC tho lol ah well, but the stupid part of brain that wants to genderbend him is still going on

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 17:45:45  #1708

Personally if I were Kiaane with Kiaane hair at least I would either completely tie my hair back or let it all down, but nope, they gotta make my job harder smh

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 17:53:50  #1709

Kiaane just did a slightly momentary possession of me and made me not know how to hold a mug properly. I literally struggled for half a minute trying to hold a mug with first my left hand, then my right hand. I don't want to be Kiaane, they're OP in fighting but geez they suck at life

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 22, 2021 17:56:47  #1710

Did the mug have coffee

Specter

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪