GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2021 20:45:00  #1

Not really a chat, more of a proposal of sorts...

So I've been thinking, it's hard to locate info for some of the characters due to them not having a wiki page or due to them being a character who's existed for a very long time, and I was thinking...maybe we could make a shared doc or something containing all the character forms? It's a lot easier to make plots when you know the characters you could possibly work with and it's also better for helping new players figure out what kind of characters they might be dealing with. It doesn't have to be a doc, but I just think it'd be nice to have one collective place we can see all the character's forms and stuff...unless there's already a collective place for that and I'm just an idiot who hasn't found it...

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 5, 2021 20:56:29  #2

Re: Not really a chat, more of a proposal of sorts...

Most forms are on the signup thread which, handily enough, is hard to scroll through. There are a few other signup threads on different message walls. 
I personally removed my characters' info from the wiki due to the UCP update. I would not be enthusiastic (again, personally) to add my characters' information elsewhere. In addition, characters' names and general descriptions are in the lists, which are linked at the bottom of the forum. Conveniently enough, the active characters are bolded. All of this is to say that I personally feel like what is existent is sufficient.
On the contrary, I feel like having a huge document of forms would not be optimal and, though this is a personal bias, I dislike when characters act like they know other characters, which tends to happen when RPers have too much access to highly detailed information. For me, it goes against the fun of the spontaneity of any roleplaying thread.
However, this is not to say that I'm against the idea--I'm also not particularly inclined against such a document--I just personally do not think I would partake in adding information there, with what's been here having already worked for me in the past and in the present. I'm fine if the others feel like adding information to such a document or any other source for an information archive. At this point, though, the number of active roleplayers is limited and I am not sure how often information would be updated anyways. Before, on pages, page updates were only once in a while, which I'm not sure would suit the purpose in the first place. Even if old forms were posted, they wouldn't be very accurate or tell much--and if they did, would take the fun out of seeing stuff for oneself--again, in my opinion.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 5, 2021 21:55:48  #3

ah I see, part of it is well...cause y'know Marsh can like read memories so I suppose I wanted to at least know character's backstories before interacting with them just in case I needed Marsh to know their memories for whatever reason. Also you're right, it's a lot more fun to rp when you don't know what to expect but it's also a bit anxiety inducing..or maybe that's just me lmao

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

April 5, 2021 22:10:13  #4

I'm obviously not speaking for Chan, but she also has a goddess who's the goddess of memories. Chan's personality is different from Marsh's, of course, but she didn't go around reading entities' memories (those of everyone she met, unless there was some purpose for doing so, where the two roleplayers would then coordinate), and she was able to go along in life just fine. That's my view of it, of course, but if you wanted to know a character's backstory, you could also just ask the roleplayer.
Also, just speaking on a personal note again, lol you wish you could read my characters' backstories @GGaD!Marsh (I don't reveal backstories unless I want to lol, so for just about any character, it's impossible to read what's behind them. Or just about anything about them, unless I wanted that to be public. or I messed up.)
Overall, the others have yet to give input here yet, but my viewpoint is that the roleplay be left mostly spontaneous and that, if spontaneous elements need to be lessened for some reason, that the roleplayers coordinate as necessary.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

Board footera