HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2021 16:14:29  #1

(Maudie's intro) The Rain Has Just Ended In The Modern Sector

This seems kind of long, eh, whatever.

For whatever reason, you happen to be taking a walk in the Modern sect after a short rainstorm. When you step on a lost soggy newspaper, you look down and notice a small advert. It is for some kind of antique and refurbishment shop. The rest of the information, besides the address, had faded and smudged due to the rain. Hey, that would be right around the block! You don’t have anything better to do at the moment, might as well check it out. 

The shop looks cozy when you look in one of the two large glass windows on either side of the door. It seems to be lit by a large cast-iron candle chandelier and a few warm colored electric lamps. Neat. The shelves and cabinets are full of antique and vintage items and racks are stocked with old-looking clothes.  Through the windows, you also see two cats chasing each other around the old rust colored rug. No one seems to be working. Oh, wait, no, there she is. A young woman appeared from behind a curtain that masked a doorway. She was pinning up her dark brown hair except she has missed a few strands around her face. She does not see you peering through the window, however, one of the cats does and runs over to the glass. The woman frowned down at her black laced up boot, noticing a large scuff. She stomped the boot twice and the scuff was removed and replaced by a black shine. Peculiar.  Wanna go in? 

-Ray D.-
She/her
I make hot cakes and hot takes. 
"Don't trust the government bread" 

Yeethaw

sorry im inactive im rlly tring to find some motivation

January 30, 2021 16:59:49  #2

Re: (Maudie's intro) The Rain Has Just Ended In The Modern Sector

Francis, seeing the cats and antique items, was hooked immediately and rushed inside. Silence followed in right after him, looking around slowly, taking in what was inside the shop.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 31, 2021 15:15:07  #3

((Nah I do like long PoVs. However I can't really do them myself))

Well, Time definitely goes in. I suppose he doesn't really have anything else to do anyways indeed. He's currently fixed and studying the vintage items, trying to find how old could they possibly be.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 31, 2021 15:36:49  #4

((We do love long PoVs))

"Good day," Germaine greeted as she walked in.
Of course the idea of an antique shop would interest her. Maybe there was something nice she could get. And it felt good to support businesses. Germaine smiled at a cat.
Being in the Modern Sect, she was in her more human appearance.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 31, 2021 19:38:51  #5

(oh, ok, good) 

"Oh!" The woman straightened up as she noticed the folks entering her shop. She shooed the calico cat off her counter while the grey striped one lightly booped Francis's foot. "Hello, you can call me Fl-Maudie," She slipped up on her own name. Huh. "Is there anything specific that I can help any of you look for? Or Perhaps you need me to fix or touch-up something?" Maudie glided to the shop side of the counter just as a large rumbling sound and a gust of wind came from behind the curtain. Panic briefly crossed her face, but was smoothly replaced with a smile and a head tilt. 

-Ray D.-
She/her

Yeethaw

January 31, 2021 19:44:36  #6

Honestly, Silence and Francis have experienced weirder things so they both aren't real concerned about the randomness.

Francis crouched down to pet the cat, smiling while whispering in a baby voice, "Hello kitty-kitty!"

Silence looked around some more before looking at Maudie and grinning, "We just thought we'd look around a bit, so we're not here for anything specific. Thanks, though."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 31, 2021 23:32:40  #7

Time, being the observant guy he is, most definitely noticed that, and the name slip too.

But he's also the type of guy to keep things to himself.

"No, not in particular, however, I wouldn't mind a bit of conversation." He tugs on the pair of gloves he usually wears in the modern sect.

Time

February 1, 2021 01:32:25  #8

"I'll take a look around. I've always found antique shops quite interesting," commented Germaine, "and by the way, nice cats!"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 5, 2021 01:19:35  #9

((hmmm... Yonk?))

Time

February 5, 2021 21:20:37  #10

(Sorry, I have been a bit  busy! I will post a reply soon!)

-Ray D.-
She/her

Yeethaw

February 6, 2021 02:24:26  #11

((Oh, if that is so, don't worry you are fine, finish up that stuff before coming around here))

Time

Board footera