GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2020 20:54:38  #1

[@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

"Perhaps." He pauses in his thoughts. "It will likely be a while before they are comfortable enough to do that, though."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

December 18, 2020 15:21:56  #2

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

"I do not mind waiting. I would think the others have a similar point of view."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

January 2, 2021 00:02:02  #3

Nagesh laughs slightly. "Some of the others don't even know they exist, but yes, point taken."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2021 01:11:49  #4

"Then I shall correct my statement. I believe the others would have a similar point of view."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 2, 2021 01:26:24  #5

Nagesh chuckles. "Sorry, I don't mean to be a..." He pauses at that. "'Smart aleck.'"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2021 01:30:34  #6

Laurie raised her eyebrows very lightly. "Smart aleck? I'm not sure I understand what that is."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 2, 2021 01:33:10  #7

"I'm not really used to it either, to be honest," Nagesh admits with yet another laugh. "I've yet to get used to the speech in this world. Well, any of its forms, to be honest. Modern Sect speech would perhaps be the form I am least used to."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2021 01:40:06  #8

"I see. Then I must learn more modern speech. It would make my words sound more natural."
Laurie ended her words with a smile. There had been enthusiasm in her phrases, a change from her regular calm tone.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 2, 2021 02:51:31  #9

"Hmmm, well, I would immediately encourage you to do so, but if you find it's so unnatural to you that it would feel wrong to yourself, then by all means, please stop by then," Nagesh says thoughtfully. "I'm sure you don't need me to say that, but..." A small smirk works its way onto his face. "Perhaps I'm just like this by nature. A meddling old man."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2021 08:34:31  #10

She shook her head. "The advice is welcome."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 11, 2021 20:10:55  #11

Nagesh smiles. To be honest, he kind of does smile in a way that seems like he's mature much beyond his years, with a sort of pride crinkled only slightly along the edges of his mouth as if in a modest fashion. It's hard to say just what it looks like if one hasn't experienced that sort of age, but the general feeling is there. While his features are young, it just kind of gives off a feeling of him being older than he looks. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 11, 2021 22:40:17  #12

Laurie probably noticed the expression in detail. She made no comment about it, however, and turned her sight back to her path straight ahead. Even if at ease, she kept her straight posture.
If Nagesh wants to continue talking then Laurie is willing to listen.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 17, 2021 00:48:37  #13

Nagesh doesn't feel the need to talk at the moment. For practical reasons, he thinks it's probably best to save more words for the meeting. Speaking of which, think a timeskip is needed?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 17, 2021 08:28:12  #14

Laurie is fine with that.
Yeah, probably would be a good idea.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 20, 2021 20:35:09  #15

Soon, they enter back into the base, the transition as abrupt as before in terms of the supposed outside and inside world. Even with their promptness, however, it's apparent Nagesh and Laurie are effectively the last two to arrive. 
That's not saying much, however. There are not many present. One could count the number of entities there with the digits on one hand. 
Manai is there, obviously, her eyes glittering with the light in the room. She grins at both Nagesh and Laurie as they enter. She's picked a strange spot in the room--somewhat near the center, somewhere near the boundaries--but it's clearly because she picked a balance between giving any speaker the center and also not seeming like she's erring away from social contact. 
Galaxian's near the corner, actually, that gives him the best view of the entrance to the room. Of everyone there, who all have at least semi-developed physiques and emanate security and safety, he gives off a different type of feeling. Well, for one, with all the taller people around, he seems very small and young and out of place. Secondly, even with the supernatural features some of the others have, he still seems even more so, with his blood-colored and empty eyes as well as the attire that seems out of his age range. Third...well, for some reason, perhaps he just doesn't seem as reliable compared to the others here if one were to need protection. 
Finally, there's a young woman standing in the center of the room. Seeing her may come as a bit of a surprise; despite being part of the Alternate, it's very rare that she shows herself. Regardless, she's here, and she also gives off a bit of a different feel from the others. In fact, she somehow seems fragile, like she's the one who needs protection constantly even without ever-constant danger to accompany that. But what truly accompanies her seems to be a fleeting feeling, like she's something that doesn't stay. 
Well, truly, that's 5 entities for each digit on one hand.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 22, 2021 10:23:34  #16

Laurie checked around the room, setting her eyes briefly on everyone present in there. Her gaze wasn't harsh on anyone--she was trying to keep a friendly demeanor--yet it obviously was quite alert. She gave a general nod along with a small smile as a greeting
Unsure whether she should sit down or do something else, the young lady remained standing right next to the entrance as if awaiting an instruction.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 22, 2021 22:03:53  #17

"Okay! We're all here, right?" asks the seven-year-old deity. He almost does a twirl around as he tries to see everyone in one go. 
Manai nods promptly. The other young woman somehow is able to give off an air of affirmativeness. And as for Nagesh, he double checks to make sure, pausing near the door.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 23, 2021 10:57:25  #18

Laurie nodded again.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 26, 2021 02:37:27  #19

"That sounds good," Nagesh says. His voice has somehow gained a more commanding feel to it within the seconds between his entrance and now. He closes the door behind them gently and then smiles at everyone. "I have you all locked in now. So, about the proceeds of this matter...where you all are expected to pay the residence fees you have racked up for the recent period of time during your stay here..."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 26, 2021 02:46:08  #20

The words caused Laurie to straighten even more than she already was.
"How much is it? I will do my best to fulfill this debt."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 26, 2021 13:23:37  #21

Manai, who was already going to giggle, pauses for a moment before laughing at the exchange that just went on. 
Nagesh looks like he was both expecting and not expecting that response; the jilted nature of his smile was already there before Laurie said that, however. He turns the smile into a grin in order to reply again. "I'm not actually sure. Chiyoko, how much was it again?"
The young woman does not seem to have been expecting that she would be put into the spotlight for one of Nagesh's jokes, but she ultimately smirks and goes, "Nagesh...I'm not responsible for accounting."
Galaxian pipes up, "It's self care. Units of self care. And goal setting and awareness."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 26, 2021 13:53:05  #22

Laurie did not really understand it as a joke, but she wasn't offended in the least by the laughs.
"I would like to know more about these units," she said with all polite seriousness.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 27, 2021 21:36:01  #23

"I kinda do too," Galaxian muses with all innocence, now looking directly at Nagesh and Chiyoko as if he expects them to know and explain something he brought up, smh. 
It's now Nagesh's turn to be caught off guard. "Units of self care, you said?"
"What's self care?" Manai asks before just giving up on holding up her giggling and laughing aloud. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 28, 2021 22:32:38  #24

"A very important concept, I believe."
This time, Laurie got that Manai's comment was supposed to be funny, and so her tone was more lighthearted.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 28, 2021 23:49:01  #25

"I dunno what that is," Manai muses aloud. "Maybe you can educate all of us? Please?"
Nagesh is looking at Chiyoko like "help," but Chiyoko's pretending not to see him. Great teamwork.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 31, 2021 14:09:46  #26

Laurie nodded. "I support Manai's request."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

February 2, 2021 21:24:20  #27

Manai grins a cheeky grin. "I was asking you though, Laurie."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2021 09:09:36  #28

Surprise showed on Laurie's face for no more than a second before returning to her previous expression.
The reply took a little bit, but it came nonetheless. "Self care is, in my simple definition, the act of looking after one's physical and mental wellbeing. It is very important for a healthy lifestyle," Laurie declared with firmness.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

February 22, 2021 14:58:19  #29

"Bravo," Nagesh praises, clapping his hands lightly.
Galaxian looks completely amazed, as if he's never heard the term "self-care" before. Wow.
"I believe that to be a very good way to put it," Chiyoko states. "So then, how is everyone here doing in that regards?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 25, 2021 00:51:52  #30

((lol I forgot to ask if there's chairs in the room.))

A nod was given as response to the compliment. Laurie decided that it would be best to let someone else reply to the question first. Meanwhile, she looked around for a place to sit. 

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera