HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2020 20:26:53  #1

The XE Files: revamped

Hello, reader. 

So you've managed to find what my host cannot. That's....concerning. How'd you get here? I thought only I had access to this place.

Never mind, it doesn't matter. It can't be that hard - I'm not giving him enough credit - he's hung on to more than we thought he would. 

Who's "we," you ask? It's not that simple. And it's not like I'd tell you outright. I'm not that stupid, to give myself away so easily. I know how information can be used against people. After all, I'm a product of that. 

What an you call me? Why do I need a name? Why can't I just be me? I'm the only one here, after all....well, not all the time. I see your point.

You may call me XE.

Oh, so you've heard of me? Or, you think you do, at least. Reader, let me say this outright:  you don't know me. No one does. I'd be careful what I'd decide to assume if I were you.

You're here to read, I guess. Most people are. Feel free to look around, if you're here there's no point in trying to keep you out of things. 

What? Yeah, it's messy, but it's not my head, I just live here. Sometimes. Listen, I know it's a wreck, but don't try to clean it up, okay? This stuff is more than just paper and files or whatever. You could really fuck things up if you're not careful. 

Oh. Yeah. That's your language warning. And whatever else warning. I think you know where you are now. 

What if you have questions? Too bad, I guess. I'm not an encyclopaedia, but I'm around. 

Have fun. 

===THE XE FILES:  RULES===
1.  this is a semi-interactive writing thread, not an RP. you are interacting as yourselves, not as your character
2.  you choose what you want to see next, through polls and questions.
3.  not all questions will be answered.
4.  there is a possibility you'll find encoded messages, ciphers, etc. do with them what you want. 
5.  this is my attempt at an ARG/puzzle story/being cryptic about things. hopefully this works! and, as our lovely thread narrator said, have fun!
=========================
You're still here? Can't find anything? Like I said, it's a mess. I could find something for you, if you wanted....

Last edited by xenon (July 16, 2020 20:29:23)

xenon 
he/him || 19 || god of scones || your local rebel noble gas

July 16, 2020 22:54:34  #2

Re: The XE Files: revamped

Imma say that I am not smart enough for finding any messages or ciphers, bruhhh. Time for Time to loo stupid.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 18, 2020 15:15:14  #3

Oooh, this seems interesting!

Silverskies

Born with a reading list I will never finish...

July 18, 2020 15:16:09  #4

And when you say you could find something for me, what sort of things could you find for me?

Silverskies

July 18, 2020 15:27:41  #5

Files, reports, et. cetera. They'd probably look a little different to you though, once you read them. More like memories or events.

xenon 

July 18, 2020 22:00:00  #6

So, if we ask questions, it's likely that a writing will be pulled up for us to read? What kind of questions can we ask?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 18, 2020 22:34:50  #7

Bruh what the heck was I writing at that first post what is loo supposed to mean.

Memories/event that YOU experienced or...? Are we going to learn who you are? You're not going to answer that. No you're not, are you?

Time

July 19, 2020 10:24:07  #8

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

So, if we ask questions, it's likely that a writing will be pulled up for us to read? What kind of questions can we ask?

That's correct. You can ask about specific events, places, or people, for now.  

Time wrote:

Memories/event that YOU experienced or...? Are we going to learn who you are? You're not going to answer that. No you're not, are you?

I am not. 

xenon 

July 19, 2020 12:54:46  #9

horray

Why don't you tell about some event, then? Can you specify more than just what you've already said?

Time

July 19, 2020 12:56:58  #10

Can you tell us about a pleasing experience that has been experienced lately?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 19, 2020 13:29:05  #11

Time wrote:

Why don't you tell about some event, then? Can you specify more than just what you've already said?

I cannot.

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Can you tell us about a pleasing experience that has been experienced lately?

That might take a while to find, but I'll look for one. 

xenon 

July 24, 2020 14:20:36  #12

Can you tell us something interesting about yourself? 

Silverskies

Board footera