HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 22, 2023 22:07:07  #1651

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

The quiet town thread with Amande has been unarchived! I made a post there so the previous participants can get back in :D

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 25, 2023 22:24:25  #1652

Listening to upbeat music about partying while I write a form for a gloomy character

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 7, 2023 17:17:47  #1653

I was looking up hairstyles for Laurie since I always mention she has a love for hair styling (braids in particular) and especially that she likes complex hairdos for herself. Which honestly I don't do justice to because it's far simpler to draw her with loose hair or with a ponytail. Anyways, in this search, I found a cool channel with cool hairdos that would totally be something Laurie would like. Here's some for example
https://youtube.com/shorts/1XzlAF1tkns?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/2xAqRCalpoI?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/4GnKzsVtmQ4?feature=share (this one in particular looks like the "braid with braids" thing I often describe for her, except single instead of double)
https://youtube.com/shorts/MmdsPlMtEfA?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/44Oj35JE1iA?feature=share (accuratte too)

I'm just going to say Laurie is a hero for managing all her hair correctly and doing her own styles while keeping a straight face. Plus her hair is kind of wavy, so that must be even harder :')

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2023 14:12:14  #1654

Just did a really really big reveal thing in DRPU so reminder to self to post about it here
(That said it's probably not the most origial thing but I'm proud of it)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2023 21:39:46  #1655

I'm sobbing everyone loved my epilogue and character arc and I'm so so happy about it because I was very dedicated to making this character with his "plot twist" and aaaaah

(I'll post about it tomorrow but it probably won't be as epic as for the people who actually got to roleplay with him. still am proud of the character though ghhhhhhfhhgbfj)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2023 21:44:35  #1656

MY BELOVED CHARACTERS CLAIRE MOON AND ALLEGRO CAMPANELLA AKSJDBSDLH

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 20, 2023 20:18:12  #1657

I forgot to post about the above.

Anyways
Am staring at my forms document and poking it with a stick
Please write yourself on your own I don't want to do the effort or writing down what's in my brain

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 26, 2023 21:32:51  #1658

I love Yvonne's face, like, she has such a an amiable resting expression, you look at her and you can instantly see she is A Friend

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 4, 2023 21:48:15  #1659

A fact I often forget is that Dion actually has hearing aids or something like that

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 4, 2023 21:50:21  #1660

Also I know I have penginding rp threads to reply to please give me some days I am experiencing a braindead moment

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 5, 2023 01:03:25  #1661

penguinding*

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 7, 2023 11:25:34  #1662

penguin pending

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2023 16:30:24  #1663

I know I'm currently supposed to be creating a promotion campaign for milk but I have a very strong thought in my mind that won't leave me alone about fantasy character designs and belts. and extra layers. and jacket over jacket over vest over vest over shirt over and over and over
Because for some reason I just want to draw a design with tons of belts and tons of unnecessary accesories Right Now. Just for the fun of it. And I don't feel like doing fanart either. But if I don't do fanart then there's this silly idea of a character with belts tied to their hair. 
Peak fantasy character outfit design really.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2023 16:31:36  #1664

Also I love how the best thumbs up I've ever drawn is from an Among Us art

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2023 16:33:29  #1665

Look I had a reason I wanted to post the belt fantasy design in this thread in the first place but I kind of just got distracted so that doesn't make sense at all. Also the among us thing is fun. I like sketching the characters I was given for the fanfiction I'm doing, but I often wonder about redesigns to the crewmate suit. Because of course it's fun, but also I don't get to put in a lot of the design elements I like ribbons because it's a standard thing for all even with the accessory and color differences. I'll just think about it.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 18, 2023 16:56:54  #1666

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I know I'm currently supposed to be creating a promotion campaign for milk but I have a very strong thought in my mind that won't leave me alone about fantasy character designs and belts. and extra layers. and jacket over jacket over vest over vest over shirt over and over and over
Because for some reason I just want to draw a design with tons of belts and tons of unnecessary accesories Right Now. Just for the fun of it. And I don't feel like doing fanart either. But if I don't do fanart then there's this silly idea of a character with belts tied to their hair. 
Peak fantasy character outfit design really.

Honestly real. Designs with loads of accessories are always fun to look at, but very hard to actually create for me at least. You need to find the balance of what looks cool, and where it should go so it doesn't look overly cluttered

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 25, 2023 17:14:06  #1667

Honestly can't remember if I've posted this before but I had this saved and it reminds me of GGaD!Bixbite so so much.

Probably the hair color + all the pink in the art.
Anyways, credits to the artist! I really like their art and how they do their character reference sheets. So cute ^^.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 25, 2023 17:15:57  #1668

Speaking of Bixbite sometimes I think I should redraw this thing I did a long time ago of her figure in a stained glass window. I just think the colored crystals are very neat and they can be interpreted like gems too.
I can't do her justice in GGaD just yet but in the meantime I can draw her?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 25, 2023 23:18:29  #1669

Dang just yet? How long has Bixbite been gone? That's really playing the long game huh

The art does look good yes. It does remind me of her as well

Time

December 5, 2023 22:01:45  #1670

Just trying to finish my work and I suddenly get the idea of Germaine in a JJBA AU 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 man my mind really does not want me to focus on what I have to do right now. I can only take so many thoughts and creative desires before COLLAPSING pleaseeeee

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 6, 2023 00:41:28  #1671

I relate to this so much. It's like I come up with all sorts of ideas and creative energy right before I get to studying and I have to write it down or else I'll lose it.

Time

December 6, 2023 11:35:00  #1672

Relatable.  It's like our minds don't want us to study.  Curse you randomly and well timed spurs of inspiration and creativity.  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

December 12, 2023 17:31:25  #1673

Both of you guys truly know what my experience is like xD
Though I wonder if there's some sort of relation between being busy and the level of ideas that pop up in the mind? It seems that I don't have as many spontaneous ideas when I'm "freer" in terms of tasks, and it takes a bit more work to think up stuff.
Anyways let's see what happens now that I can practically feel the vacations with my hands. There's a couple things I want to do, and my friends are encouraging me to get on with some projects... so yeah!

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 12, 2023 18:07:49  #1674

Time wrote:

Dang just yet? How long has Bixbite been gone? That's really playing the long game huh

This brings up a topic that's been on my mind for a while and I was thinking about it while reading Ishmael's roleplay thread a while back as well.
When I first started in GGaD I think it's fair to say that I didn't have foresight for things to come, so I just went along with whatever was happening and that was okay for then. It was fun. But my characters suffered from both my wild ideas without any restraint (I literally did things as soon as I thought of them, no time to consider them carefully 💀) my taking in most suggestions too readily and applying them without thinking of possible future consequences. So now I have to deal with that.
I think I mentioned this sometime in a previous post but I don't want to to a blank slate clear on the most important characters I have from back then (Bixbite being the main example) and much less delete them from existence because I think it would be wrong to void something that younger me was very excited about and devoted effort to. And this means that if I want to continue doing something with Bix, I have to think up a way to do something that lets everything that's happened so far makes sense. There's a small issue with the CD plot basically becoming extra complicated and all and by now I think it's on indefinite hiatus. However, I have an advantage with Bix and it's that her origin with the whole CD stuff is different because it was originally going to be something else and then I latched onto the CD plot as an explanation of something I wanted to do and things just spiraled from there. So, the solution I'm going to work towards is most likely going to be something unique to Bixbite and that will let her detach from the restraints of the CD plot (if it comes up again in canon after her thing is solved, she might interact but in a different way. I've got things in mind already.) and will also let me work with her on a more personal level. 
In regards to her characterization, man, I also have to fix a bunch of things. Mostly right now I can see she's got some severe issues I piled up on her without thinking and there's the problem of her backstory having like 3-4 versions of which I'm never sure which of them is the one I'd like to use so... yup, definitely need to sort that out, haha. Plus I need to canonically define her personality more than just "literal suffering crybaby prone to incredible violence" because yeah at first I know I kept trying to portray her in a positive light and all of that, but she really... really isn't all that positive of a character, and to add to that I never showed her issues consistently. Maybe her development was botched by my forcing plot onto her. That's what I'm trying to fix currently, anyways.
The second issue with Bixbite is her character relationships. I think she's been quite a toxic character in a sense, since no matter what she did before, everything's always been about her. And that trait is something I didn't realize back in the forums, but now I can see it clearly and it can play as an interesting flaw for her future development. The way she constantly suffers about others liking her or leaving her is a weird obsession thing which can also be interesting, and I often think back to this one writing thing I posted (which was pretty good for its time imo) in which the main conflict of her character is established as fear of being forgotten and rejected. 
Except that, probably, she canonically HAS been forgotten by her acquaintances, as some 90% of these are characters played by people who have long since left the roleplay. Some remaining ones (I'm thinking GGaD!Time for this) might know her by name but she never forged any bonds deeper than that. The characters closest to Bix were GGaD!Xenon and GGaD!Bengal and haha,,,welp. Even then there's a handful of other characters Bixbite  interacted with during the wiki era in my attempt to bring her back and that could be a good start for new relationships. She definitely needs that.
In a way, I see this not only as trying to better a character I made long ago, but also accepting and adapting the change that our forum community has gone through without immediately discarding everything that's happened before. So yeah. When I think of Bix I think of all the good times I had roleplaying her even when I was a big big noob at all of this. And I realize that the problems probably stem from the fact that, when I created her, the personality section in the form was not obligatory so I just skipped it altogether and started roleplaying a character any way I wanted without consistency. What an amazing move from my past self! I mean tbh I proabbly would've ended up ignoring whatever personality I wrote then anyways xD. 
I suppose the summary here is that I want to fix Bixbite in a meaningful way so she can be a character I'm happy with and can use in threads, because my playable deities' status is uhhhhh heeheehohohahah not good at all lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 12, 2023 18:12:43  #1675

I forgot to type the actual answer there lol @Time but I think it's been around 3 years or more since I last had Bixbite interact with someone else.

Another thought that just came to mind is how I've been thinking more about alternate universe versions of Bix (Genshin and F/DA lol) than her actual canon version. Maybe I like them more because I devoted more time to making them and thinking them over? It's been interesting to give an old character new spins and see them from other perspectives, so I suppose this can be helpful to some extent in my quest with GGaD!Bixbite.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 13, 2023 04:16:22  #1676

Ah. The classic: "I was a novice at telling a characters story and I want to better represent them. Plus character relationship gridlock". I definitely feel such things.

Well, please do know that I can always try and help out if you do reach out. As you mentioned I have Time still around, plus if you want to do the CD plot, I can always work something out tbh since I have Senshei and (less relevant but still) Oblivion.

Time

April 15, 2024 15:29:15  #1677

Messing around on Neka and then mashed the two images together

I think it looks pretty cool
(sadly, no freckles option)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 15, 2024 17:32:29  #1678

Analyzing both dudes and my conclusion is that Xaphan is adorable and deserves a good friend circle but Emmot should die, literally why am I keeping him alive this is like a torture to him

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 15, 2024 17:54:53  #1679

My mind looking at them like they're both not my characters for some reason and like I totally didn't design them myself wth
Both of them wear clothing that is either in grayscale or plain black and white plus a little dab of color, with Xaphan wearing predominantly black and Emmot instead wearing whites and grays. Xaphan, however, wears her lilac thing on her neck because she thought it looked pretty on her and is something of a personal taste, she thinks it makes her prettier. Emmot, on the other hand, wears some jewelry (not in the dollmaker pic) that don't belong to him and they're a memory of his SO in the past and so just looking at them makes him realize that the days of his happiness are long gone.
Both of them have long hair, but Xaphan clipped her bangs and pinned them to one side so her (unfortunately expressionless) face is completely clear and clean, unashamed of her natural stare. Emmot, on the other hand, just leaves his hair unkempt and tied back for convenience, but his hair covers a lot of his forehead and even eyesight, as if wanting to hide away from the world.
The two of them have eyes of different color. Xaphan because she was created like this, a literal patchwork of human parts and souls and yet in the end she ended up with a very dfined personality despite her mismatched looks. Emmot's eyes are naturally the same color (pale aquamarine) but when he's using his main ability his eye changes color and his personality stops being entirely himself. He does this both to survive and to avoid facing the emotions brought on by times past, which means he is unable to face reality with his true personality.
I was going somewhere with this I think but mostly I just think I'm tweaking idk
Anyways I like Emmot he's gone through a bit uhhh but uhhhh if you have to steal a child's soul to cope with your mental state going downhill then yeah no yeah no no way that's good

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 20, 2024 11:40:49  #1680

Staring at my current pfp because I wanted to change it to a version of SS Hades but I don't have time to image dive right now so I'm just kinda killing time and stuff (wow this makes so much sense)
Anyways putting this here because I realized that I've been making Specter's skin darker and darker over the years??? Like, they were never supposed to have fair skin ofc but it's just that the hue seems to change in every piece of sketch I have saved of them. Apparently in the first sketches it was just a lil tanned. Now it's darker and I like it but I feel like it's time to set out a reference for myself (or just find one of the colored sketches that suits the way I view Specter)
I haven't drawn them fully in quite a while as well, I remember killing my maroon-colored marker just because of how much I used to color their coat. The minty shirt and maroon coat are still like peak color design in my mind even though it's not an usual color combination and I really wish I could remember what was going on in my mind when first designing Spec because I feel like I need that for current designs. Dug up so many cool drawings of them and their chains too I look forward to doing a redraw of those uhhhh someday Ig.

On another hand I do love the maroon coat because it's just a staple of Specter and it fits in perfectly with the red/maroon crewmate color Among Us thing.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera