GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2023 12:47:48  #1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

i'm having a lack of actual thoughts about things rn but this exists now. there will be nonsensical things tossed around, such as: ash being a foreign god means he's a different type of god so i'm going to think really hard about that, shadow people living below and around shadow hell, characters not in ggad and will never be in ggad, bugs with guns, dust's real nature(surprisingly nonviolent), and maybe, just maybe, au things

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 19, 2023 13:55:58  #2

Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ash rambling about random stuff

theologically, ash would considered a transfer god since he's from elsewhere. also what if ash's titan form, his first life, was the body of another god of their original pantheon. ash isn't that god, but what become of it after their god of endings(i've named it Silent Ceasing) was born. and ash's first, original name, was After End; as that was what they were born of and what he rules over. i think ash was originally worshipped as a taker, and prayed to as a means save the dead and to bless their graves. ash is not the end, but what happens after; and was worshipped in a trifecta with Silent Ceasing and their god of beginnings(Screaming Creator). together the three represented Life. and also they were among the last of the pantheon to die. at the end of ash's second life, as the conqueror, the other two were sealed into his black cocoon and consumed into their power. and then in the warrior life, ash's third, dust consumed all of their power and finally ended their half-life.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 20, 2023 12:46:21  #3

i think it's kinda fun how ash on his own isn't actually that much more powerful than your average god. he's just really really good at what they do. ash has like 0 complications in their like three abilities but he is really good at using them. simple meal well served kinda thing. ash can do necromancy, summon rotting flame, and transform. those are their only three abilities(ignoring the abilities gained from transforming), but they're just so good at using them that it's kinda a moot point to call him weak. and also he's really good at stabbing.

January 20, 2023 13:13:35  #4

it'd be really funny if dust could become a big ol' wolf in ggad and just wander around being a beast. nightmarish deity of darkness and vengeance gets part-time job as a funny beast. obviously it'd still be a really bloody weird wolf, probably being dark as night with red glowing through its fur and a face forged of bronze. but dust wandering around as a wild doggy and happening upon people who'd normally try to fight it would be really funny

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (January 20, 2023 13:15:24)

January 20, 2023 14:19:38  #5

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

it'd be really funny if dust could become a big ol' wolf in ggad and just wander around being a beast. nightmarish deity of darkness and vengeance gets part-time job as a funny beast. obviously it'd still be a really bloody weird wolf, probably being dark as night with red glowing through its fur and a face forged of bronze. but dust wandering around as a wild doggy and happening upon people who'd normally try to fight it would be really funny

It and Alois could be wolf buddies, which would be really funny

Edit: Pronoun correction

Last edited by Echo (January 20, 2023 19:24:55)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 20, 2023 15:10:44  #6

fourth time dust has been misgendered this january

January 20, 2023 15:36:38  #7

it's weird how among my characters dust is the only one that gets misgendered. toruris is very much the "tiny dude in a fluffy coat" archetype, but it's never been misgendered. avit is a very masculine ghost, almost never presenting femininely or androgynously and they've never gotten misgendered as far as i can recall. but dust gets misgendered a lot. it frequently got misgendered while i was very active in ggad, and it still gets misgendered every now and again. what about dust makes people assume "oh yeah that creepy shadow's a dude" more than a literal masculine presenting ghost. dust has never presented masculinely or femininely, and yet it's always the one that gets misgendered

January 20, 2023 15:40:59  #8

and it's always with he/him. there's never any flavour to it. if you're going to be wrong at least be interesting. use neopronouns i've never heard of. use she/her. do xe/xem. stop trying to put a beard on the darkness

January 20, 2023 19:24:13  #9

Ope sorry, I'll correct that

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

January 20, 2023 20:38:38  #10

don't worry too hard about it, i'm sure dust doesn't minds too much.

now, who's alois? i'm not familiar

January 20, 2023 21:14:15  #11

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

don't worry too hard about it, i'm sure dust doesn't minds too much.

now, who's alois? i'm not familiar

My wolf demon OC, who is also Alma's familiar and brother. He can turn into a wolf and can do a lot of other shape shifting too, but most importantly, as stated before, he can turn into a wolf XD I do most of my body horror with him too, if you have seen my art

Here's some drawings for more accuracy/context?

Spoiler tagging to not take up as much room

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

January 20, 2023 21:22:39  #12

holy hells that guy's wide

January 20, 2023 23:29:53  #13

XD he's Very Buff

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

January 21, 2023 08:15:45  #14

I think it's both understandable and weird that most of our gods have the standard moral compass. like it's mostly in the "hey murder's not cool, and also stop being mean you shouldn't do that" but also. would they really think that if they're thousands of years old? like, their moral compasses would shift as time goes on. black and white morality shifting into blue and orange morality. murder would shift from unforgivable crime, to a rudeness, to just a fact of life with no moral implications. being mean is just impolite.

and for most of them, would they have even had black and white morality to begin with?

Last edited by AshTheAvaricious (January 21, 2023 08:16:17)

January 21, 2023 12:40:29  #15

actually the more i thought about it before passing out again. black and white morality isn't as common among our deities as i felt like it was. it's just that most of them have mortal favorites and thus murder is probably bad in their opinion.

January 21, 2023 12:41:01  #16

the mortal favorites are giving the gods morals

January 21, 2023 18:40:04  #17

Shayfer James' Mercy Down wrote:

There's a dead canary in the coal mine

this lyric connects really well to lanuri, since they had plenty of warnings not to supersede death with his experiments, and yet he did it anyway. by waiting too long to turn back, lanuri choked out his own life, much like a canary's purpose in a coal mine was to sense lethal gases in the tunnels, and died in his metaphorical coal mine. although the way they became dead, they actually skipped the process of death; which turned him into one of the most powerful ghosts because their soul is untethered to any planes.

January 21, 2023 18:42:18  #18

although in this metaphor, avit would be the miner carrying the cage and that just doesn't line up with how it happened so i'm going to ignore that

January 21, 2023 21:39:38  #19

y'know, i have somehow never written dust as evil. only antagonistic to the pantheon, and hungry. dust has been the enemy, certainly. but almost as frequently it's appeared to violence the bad guy/just because. it's inherently a violent being, but not inherently evil. dust's the kinda character to ask, skip any amount of power of friendship, and move straight to the power of incredible violence.

and that fact fits well with the fairly recent introduction of dust being starved. dust is hungry, and it doesn't understand money or most bartering. ergo, dust kills and steals food(souls and various meats), without morality playing into its actions. dust is hungry, it wants food, it takes food. this also means you can bribe it with meat and souls

January 22, 2023 00:36:28  #20

i feel like i was way too hasty with the "toruris tries to turn the entire universe into light so it can make everything perfect" arc in the rp i've put it in. i definitely could've gotten more out of its character with the almost-elder ngeštugbar bit and also the cult in an idealic remote mountainscape with the library of the history of all worlds touched by light

January 22, 2023 01:13:58  #21

i'm thinking about what Dust's soullessness actually, truly means. if somebody managed to truly kill it, travel to Shadow Hell and usurp the omnipotent horrors, Dust would simply cease to exist entirely. there would be no blood, there would be no body. the only things that would remain of Dust would be the memories, the bleeding wolf mask, and shattered twin swords.

Shadow Hell would also simply stop. And that would spell genocide, as outside of Dust's territory, there are worlds of people. The free shades live in alien worlds that obey no law of forengard's, but they still live and they still think. Would killing Dust be worth the endless casualities? Would felling the only light in a world defined by where it does not reach be worth killing all potential of that realm? Even if most of them will not feel anything, as the chains of those born in the light still bind them, could the loss of so many lives be worth slaying The Wolf?

January 22, 2023 01:38:27  #22

I can say for sure that that question is not one you should be asking an F/GO player such as myself

(specifically one who has at least finished the first Lostbelt),

as the answer is pretty easy lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 22, 2023 01:42:18  #23

are you trying to tell me that killing one hungry god is worth ending an entire universe of sapient, thinking beings with fully developed cultures and societies

January 22, 2023 01:46:49  #24

I'm telling you

it wouldn't be the first time we've done it
(More accurately, something quite similar, not identical. But the thinking premise is quite the same in my view.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 22, 2023 02:01:27  #25

also i forgot to mention this, but those cursed with dust's powers through the consumption of its blood would also die. no matter how little they consumed. if the blood is producing effects, they are going to die if dust is killed. this is because dust doesn't want to stop existing, as it's literally a fate worse than death. dust has died before sure, but it was outside of its realm when those deaths happened and thus they did not count.  when dust is killed where its power has manifested into physical form, it will devour all the power within its grasp to save itself. which means that its blood will devour the entirety of anybody it's afflicting

if the star of shadow hell was somehow removed and plopped into mainstream reality, dust would still be ageless but also fully killable. unfortunately it would also be powerful enough to devour all lives on forengard, as moving the physical manifestation of dust's power to somewhere where it could matter would make dust nearly omnipotent. which is why the horrors in its territory of the sky of shadow hell are omnipotent, and also because the realm's made of darkness.

January 22, 2023 15:54:16  #26

i should probably mark down exacts at some point, but also yeah consuming dust's blood is basically taking some of its power into you. it burns like acid, against both matter and mind, but that's more of a functional connection since it burns because dust's blood is hungry and biting while acid is chemicals being angry because they were put together.

I do know for certain that a pint of dust's blood will make any host of its blood into a child of its darkness; unless dust does not favour them. a gallon will be lethal to almost all mortals, with exceptions applying to those with prominent magical or godly protection

January 22, 2023 22:32:23  #27

i can't wait for the day i get to describe dust's smile as strained, because the only time that will happen is when dust is dying. when dust cannot bear its teeth and know that it will strike rage or fear in others, when dust's will has been battered and ruined; and its power bled out. dust will only waver in its actions when it cannot outpace the only thing that it can truly fear; when it is caught again in chains unbreakable.

For the soulless divine of the dark, death cannot reach it; but that is its unjust punishment for unwanted existence.

January 23, 2023 01:32:11  #28

honestly i love that i managed to reinterpret ash from just some random angry entropy god into a resigned and tired god of what happens after endings. the old ash was fun certainly, but i think he got overshadowed(ba dum tiss) when i introduced dust who was basically the same guy but more willing to kill and sometimes evil.

And I got to use that as a reason for why ash let dust kill him. dust would've never stood a chance against ash, the man's got a hells of a lot more going in terms of combat; but ash felt the weight of all the lives they had taken over millenia and more and made dust into his scapegoat by letting it devour his soul and sins with their soul. dust wasn't a grand enemy that could kill ash, dust was ash's way out. ash had grown tired of war, and of his constant fighting. so finally, the lord of rot let themself be slain to give way to his desire for rest.

also because of the other gods that were ensnared into ash's last soul, dust is metrically more powerful than ash. ash would still win in a fight, partially because dust can't see him without its mask, mostly because ash is just a better fighter with more options than dust.

January 23, 2023 15:45:30  #29

does anybody wanna hear more about the pantheon ash was first part of(threat)

January 23, 2023 17:02:22  #30

the head of the pantheon, as well as the eldest and grandest, was Flowing Change; a vessel for the power of time. Upon their beginning, time began to flow(or at least according to the church doctrines), and endless centuries of brief moments later the second born became Growing Realms; whom willed first stars and worlds into existence(as far as the mortals under their rule thought anyway). Alongside those grand creations of The Twins, a third life began and formed into the Screaming Creator; whom breathed life into the barren lands of The Twins.

With that, most of their pantheon were born of the primal concepts of the mortal worlds. The last god of that era was Silent Ceasing, whom created Ends to inspire many to act with the time gifted to ther m by Screaming Creator and Flowing Change.

Millennia of their rule passed and the societies under their eyes grew beyond that first world, and then came After End. The firstborn god fell victim to their own power and the creation of Silent Ceasing, and it died in silence. The pantheon tried to hide the body of their grandest leader, but failed when it shook out of its burial mound as a monstrous titan called by the name of After End. The bestial existence of the mindless dead threatened all creation, and was worshipped against by the mortals and battled by the gods.

After thousands of millions of years, either After End or the creation of Silent Ceasing felled all but three of the worshipped gods. Silent Ceasing knew the trick to evade its creation, Screaming Creator was the grandest god left after Growing Realms attempted to martyr themself to (unsuccessfully)kill After End and could restore its own time to become eternal, and Crystalline Past(a god of memory) who befriended the titan and knew how to escape End.

Board footera