GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2020 11:05:15  #1

The Lost Library 3.0 // Autumn's Homethread

I don't know if it's going to be in use until a few days pass, but here's my 3rd iteration of my homethread! Kinda crazy to think about the fact that I only have 3 homethreads (one on the WoFMB, one on the wikia, and now one here) while everyone has probably had a lot more haha
Part of that is likely due to how inactive I am though whoops

In terms of what to expect from this place: random ramblings, mostly. Usually it'll be about either school or like various video games I like, but there will occasionally be other things thrown into the mix. As a warning I may or may not discuss spoilers here but I'll try my best to mark them with a spoiler tag that looks something like this (spoiler) blah text autumn's ramblings (end spoiler)
I'm pretty sure I'll mark what the spoiler is for prior to actually writing it out but there might be cases where I forget

In other news, I'm interested to see how this place goes. If I have my facts right, it seems like we still have some time before the update thing happens, which gives us time to experiment with what this place is
I'm not sure how the notifications will work, but other than that, I kinda like the layout of this place? I'll see how it all works though
The fact that the square brackets are used for html will take some getting used to, though

Autumn (she/her)
probably haven't logged in a while but I do promise I check up on this place occasionally

March 29, 2020 13:10:34  #2

Re: The Lost Library 3.0 // Autumn's Homethread

Welcome, Autumn! I hope you like this place as much as I do :-D I know I'm not really super knowledgable about  boardhost but I'd be delighted to help you if you need it :-)

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

March 29, 2020 16:06:47  #3

Hey, Autumn! Welcome to the new forum! 

~Thunderstorm~
she/they | writer | cat lover | chaotic tired
"Just a little time... just a little something else instead..."

April 3, 2020 14:29:16  #4

Hello! Thanks for welcoming me :D

//

I realized that there actually isn't much of a reason to use the // dividers here, but considering that I've gotten used to it I may continue to use it; it depends on how I like the format of it once I've finally posted

But in other news, this place is pretty quiet, huh? I mean for the most part the wikia still works so it makes sense why that's the case (plus, from what I can tell, not everyone's been here yet)
I see the colors of this place have also changed and I really like the blue, it's a nice, pretty shade

I'm also too lazy to actually go and find a profile picture for now so I'll just be a default flower again haha
I should work on my signature a tiny bit though, even if I end up being super inactive

Autumn (she/her)
probably haven't logged in a while but I do promise I check up on this place occasionally

April 3, 2020 14:40:22  #5

(*is the one who changed the theme*) :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 20, 2020 10:08:22  #6

Oh wow I have not used this homethread in a while oops,,, I guess it's just easier for me to use the Wikia one? mostly because that one is easier for me to get to since I forget that I even have a homethread here
It might also be a late time to realize this but I found out that there's a boardhost for the scholastic wiki? It seems like that place is a lot more active the GGaD one and it's nice to see so many familiar names there but at the same time, I don't know if I can join that place? I saw one of the announcement posts and I think it said something about being active on the scholastic wiki (which I am not) so alas
Honestly speaking though I'll probably just be inactive there because I've been pretty dead (virtually, at least) these last few days due to me being an idiot and not knowing how to manage time wisely

Autumn (she/her)

May 20, 2020 10:49:59  #7

Oh hello btw.

Yeah, it's way more active and has way more people (lots some inactive themselves but yeah)

You can join, you just need to be apart of the discord or the scholastic wiki first, in able to join. They just don't want a bunch of unplanned or unexpected invasions.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 21, 2020 19:17:11  #8

Hello Time!! And yeah, from looking around the place I can kinda tell that's the case. It makes a ton of sense why they don't want random people join but I'm just too scared to join the wikia/discord so I don't know if I'll ever join haha
I read talk of a RA reboot though and that's :eyes: 

Autumn (she/her)

June 2, 2020 06:55:28  #9

Got to love how if you check the number of posts that everyone's made on this forum, you have Specter and Galaxian at 3,000+ posts, and then the next highest count is 500+; it seems like most people (myself included) have less than 100 posts
The distribution is kinda interesting to look at; it really tells you how much (or how little) certain people use this place,,, it also really emphasizes the importance of paying close attention while looking at data sets and especially any averages, since they can be skewed very easily

I also might post a public rp thread as (yet another) reintro here? I keep saying I want to do that, but never actually do; here's to hoping I get around to it this time

Autumn (she/her)

June 2, 2020 12:58:30  #10

It's certainly interesting. I did the math out of curiosity and the approximate average says it's 470 posts per person (which is not very accurate, actually, if you consider the amount of people that have posted in general). Anyways yeah that was just that

And I'd absolutely love it if you posted an intro thread here! :D Just no pressure, and feel free to do so whenever.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

June 9, 2020 18:56:08  #11

@Specter: haha yeah, the average is incredibly inaccurate compared the number of posts users have actually made
and I'm planning a reintro thread! most likely it'll be for GGaD!Autumn only but I might do something else too 

Autumn (she/her)

June 12, 2020 12:29:34  #12

threw a quote from the tales of symphonia opening into my signature yesterday because I felt like it was too empty; might change it later but who knows

Autumn (she/her)

June 18, 2020 07:00:18  #13

I've accidentally clicked on the ad at the top of this page so many times because I don't move my hand from my trackpad every time I click a thread or go onto a new page fjdlksfjksdfjksldklf

Autumn (she/her)

June 18, 2020 11:08:40  #14

Oof xDD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 26, 2020 17:09:42  #15

you know my old forms were absolute trash if I have to redo everything from scratch and feel the need to draw them so that I can actually get a sense of what the characters look like because these descriptions I provided previously do not accurately reflect my internal vision of them
right now my two priorities are GGaD!Autumn and Wick since they're deities and their forms are the ones that are the most inaccurate 
I should probably create pages for them on the wikia but I can do that uh later

Autumn (she/her)

June 27, 2020 00:29:24  #16

yeah redoing forms once in a while is nice.

Time

June 30, 2020 09:12:15  #17

yeah! it can be a lot of work sometimes but I mean it's feels so much better to have updated and accurate information rather than something that's old and absolutely wrong

I drew GGaD!Autumn and Minti to make sure that I had a proper appearance for them! (although since my hands were not cooperating that day I drew them without any features on their face) I'm still not sure whether GGaD!Autumn should wear a knee-length skirt, an even skirt, or just no skirt and pants instead but other than I've pretty much solidified what her human form looks like
And speaking of human forms, I don't know what other forms to give GGaD!Autumn? I know there's probably going to be a "true" form but due to the fact that it's very hard to converse or do anything in that form, she can usually be found in her human form. I'm thinking if I should give her any other main ones but honestly I think just two main ones is fine
And that also leads me to not knowing what powers to give her? I know that she can manipulate color (which I will have to outline with detail on her form because I don't know if everyone thinks of the same thing I do when I write them) and also manipulate plants but other than that idk if she should have anything notable? maybe healing but it's more of a "I can heal minor wounds like cuts and scrapes"

Autumn (she/her)

June 30, 2020 22:35:04  #18

Maybe she can just have one form. My deities have only one form. If you want a true form, you can think of it later, bc you probably won't use it too often, right? (Kinda like how I'm doing so rn)

Wait so you're thinking of completely restarting your characters?

Time

July 1, 2020 04:47:36  #19

That's true! The main reason I was even thinking about a "true form" is because GGaD!Autumn was never a human but rather a deity from the start so it would be odd that she would have only a human form. But like you said, I probably won't use it much; it's more of a backstory-ish thing

and not quite fully restarting, it's more like I'm just retconning the things that I didn't like about my characters? Some of my old forms describe information that doesn't match how I actually portray said characters, so I'm just removing that and updating it with something more accurate

Autumn (she/her)

July 1, 2020 18:25:33  #20

Yeah but deities can still have their actual form being human, or humanoid.

Oh I see so like a revamp

Time

July 6, 2020 19:02:55  #21

Yeah, that's true! I still haven't decided on anything yet, and it's really not that important for GGaD!Autumn to have a "true" form anyways
And yup, it's pretty much of revamp of all of my characters

okay I finally tried making an account on the scholastic boardhost? I reviewed the rules on there to make sure that I wasn't violating their policy on new users but I might have missed something, I guess at this point all I need to do is wait for my account to be verified

Autumn (she/her)

July 6, 2020 23:22:53  #22

Yeah I think you just need to tell who you are yeah.

Time

July 22, 2020 06:17:00  #23

I'm trying to work on forms for Rhythm Access and The Rift but honestly I've been in a weird writing/idea block for a while now? I keep trying to write things (I've been trying to work on a story on my own time) but everything I write just feels weird and I can't put my finger on why,,, 

Autumn (she/her)

July 22, 2020 23:34:55  #24

oof. Sometimes I get that too

Uhhh for the rift, I think we need a sniper tho lol. Everyone has pistols, shotguns, or rifles

Last edited by Time (July 22, 2020 23:37:18)

Time

July 24, 2020 20:48:54  #25

ooh I see, I'll probably keep that in mind as I finish up my Rift form (hopefully sometime tomorrow)
...meanwhile for RA I've completed the fighter add-on but not the main form fjdlskfjdklsfjklds I'll try to do that asap

//

Sometimes I think about how I haven't finished Virtue's Last Reward yet,,,, and then I remember the "radical-6" plot point and realize that that's why I decided to take a break from it because. boy. it was quite an experience to start that game back in April (I think it was April????) and start hearing about some pandemic that was not COVID-19. The Clover ending still haunts me that was an absolute "hey what the heck"
I don't even remember much about what was going on honestly but I do remember Dio being,,,, Dio and there probably being some time shenanigans with Phi?? There's almost definitely something funky going on I just don't know what. Maybe I'll get back to this game once things in the real world calm down a bit

I'm also curious about what year the ZE games canonically take place in because I think it's something like the Ace Attorney games with how they take place in the near future? Like I know from a screenshot that VLR is at least post-2020, since Sigma mentions something about "Easter 2020", so honestly it's possible that I'll actually be on time for the important ZE dates
I know I wasn't for the AA ones :^) I finished T&T in like late April 2019; by that point, I had missed the entirety of T&T (which is canonically 2018-early 2019) as well as the AAI games (which I think span from March-April of 2019? man that month was terrible for Edgeworth). then of course there's THAT pre-timeskip event, which was either April 19th or 20th, I don't remember. I know for sure that I was like a month or so late to all of this which was pretty unlucky
I think the Athena/Blackquill case is supposed to be some time this year but I have no idea when or if it already passed? but after that I don't think there's going to be any notable AA-related dates until like 2026 lol
I don't even know what topic I'm rambling about anymore fjskfksdf this is why I should never be allowed to go on wild tangents

Autumn (she/her)

July 24, 2020 21:48:06  #26

ty to the Ace Attorney wikia, it turns out that the date of the UR-1 incident was (is? will be?) Oct 7th, 2020 so in a few months if I start talking about moon rocks, samurai, phantoms, or robots out of nowhere on that day here's some context
...the other half context can only come from Dual Destinies (especially the final two cases) or a plot summary but the latter is not as much fun, despite probably being more time efficient

Autumn (she/her)

July 24, 2020 22:02:45  #27

I can't really talk about the other stuff. Bc your stalking about stuff I know nothing about lol

But that's good to hear with forms! I never thought to make the fighter first, so that's interesting.

Time

July 24, 2020 23:38:16  #28

I actually made the fighter add-on first too.
Good luck! You can do it :D

Also 👀

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 25, 2020 04:03:17  #29

Hello Autumn!! Happy to see you yet again dhdndjdj

The ZE Games are really good, though it's a bit weird to recommend further since honestly I think you're pretty much already at the point I paused since I don't plan on checking out ZTD; the Delta memes are enough

Of the two games, I like them both: 999 felt more down to earth (If you can call several people trapped in an exact replica of the titanic 'down to earth') and nostalgic even, but I do adore the plot they wove for VLR! It's just, jdjdjdkdkfnfj flowcharts

---

I just submitted a registration to the SF forums, hoping to comment a lot on writing and art 👀 I read through RA and it's a super fun read

chan!

青蛙

July 25, 2020 04:07:18  #30

Also, while one ace attorney fan might simply reference the 'merry christmas' of the almost dl-6 anniversary case, UR(-1) a step ahead

chan!

青蛙

Board footera