HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2024 01:25:37  #1651

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

Did I ever tell this place I'm obsessed with becoming efficient and effective so I can do the things that I love? Well, I am.

At times I feel like I'm just rotting. Ex, I'm just watching youtube to past the time or whatever. I see other people rotting too, and I refuse to stay like them.

Naturally I am writing this while I'm pretty motivated, but lets see if I regret this post tomorrow when I wake up.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 22, 2024 16:01:14  #1652

bruh

Time

February 22, 2024 16:35:55  #1653

Is that a bruh of solidarity with your past self, or a bruh of regret

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 22, 2024 20:30:45  #1654

A lil bit of both

Time

February 28, 2024 20:50:21  #1655

I have been in hand-to-hand combat with what I can only say is likely the common cold for the past few days.

Time

February 28, 2024 22:04:06  #1656

Oh man that must suck 😔 but surely a common cold isn't enough to defeat the great Timeme! You got this 💪🏼
(get well soon!)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 28, 2024 23:35:22  #1657

I almost had it defeated last Friday, but then an... unexpected event outside of my control made stay awake past 2 am, and I think that threw everything off and put me back at square 1.

I mean, I think I have a right to be a little frustrated at it. But not to get into too much detail, it was someone else's actions that forced me to stay up and do some stuff that probably ended up pushing my body too much.

Last edited by Time (February 28, 2024 23:36:26)

Time

March 1, 2024 00:33:54  #1658

Screw this I greatly, greatly dislike being sick. I'm ramping it up. I was just doing some basic stuff to relieve me of discomfort while getting more sleep but screw this. I'm going to actually buy more resources and stuff to end this thing.

This is war [spring 2024 cold] and I'm making sure you will not be able to see the light of day ever again. Me and my immune system will churn you into an unidentifiable pile of cellular sludge in such a way that your DNA will never effextively step foot in this body ever again

Time

March 2, 2024 18:22:30  #1659

fart

Time

March 2, 2024 23:55:19  #1660

Uh oh did you realise rhinoviruses have RNA instead of DNA after you accidentally obliterated all of your own genetic makeup

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 3, 2024 10:44:18  #1661

yes

Time

March 3, 2024 10:45:51  #1662

ORRR that's what the sickness would have wanted! SIKE!

They launched a counterattack last night, but I think I put up a pretty good defense. I feel some of the effects right now in the morning, but I'm planning to do away with them soon.

Time

March 5, 2024 14:38:56  #1663

Nearing the 3 month mark since I "soft closed" Hidden Sails sign-up. If you are counting since I announced the thing, it's already been 3 months, and with nothing to show baby 😎😎😎

An obligatory post to say that yes I still am working on it, believe it or not. Mark my words, when spring break comes around...

Time

March 7, 2024 17:40:12  #1664

*Insert homestead thoughts here*

Time

March 7, 2024 20:03:33  #1665

Water has got to be the best bending element overall out of the core 4, is it not? Super versatile and everything.

Time

March 8, 2024 11:25:01  #1666

I've been going to sleep earlier so I can wake up earlier. I've noticed that I do work better in the morning, especially if nobody else is awake

so the me with a good sleep schedule is coming back again.

Time

March 10, 2024 12:42:31  #1667

I have felt pain concerning character designs.

Like, I just saw a cool hairstyle and I think I shall steal it. The only thing is now I got to draw it out in the artworks I've prepped 😭

A reason why I gifted characters because I don't have to worry too much about the design

Time

March 11, 2024 02:01:43  #1668

I need that spring break to come along now please

Time

March 11, 2024 10:06:19  #1669

Time wrote:

Water has got to be the best bending element overall out of the core 4, is it not? Super versatile and everything.

Yes. YES I fervently agree on this water is very cool
(I'm not sure if you're talking about AtLA or just in general but I agree on any)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2024 10:14:00  #1670

Time wrote:

I need that spring break to come along now please

Just to confirm, it should be last week of this month, right? That's what Google says at least

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2024 12:15:29  #1671

Yeah I was thinking of ATLA when it came to that sorta stuff. It's a real jack of all trades element. it's got it's own sort of thing, water, but it can also emulate earth with ice, and idk if mist bending is a thing, but since that's mostly water as well, can't that be close enough to air bending?

On top of this, it can still deal with fire pretty well since you know, water extinguishes fire. But also it can even deal with like, lightning benders and whatnot with ice since ice doesn't conduct electricity. Plus while it may not seem like it, there's water in loads of places, you just have to know where to look.

Oh, and yes, spring break is around the end of this month

Last edited by Time (March 11, 2024 12:21:47)

Time

March 11, 2024 12:44:42  #1672

Just the fact that it's able to heal is a pretty big powerup in an element that's very useful for offense as well

and I guess it's more limited but bloodbending exists and also plant control and that you can get water from plants and the human body and all that???

anyways my point is that if I had to choose a bending I would definitely use water (imagine being able to do laundry so quickly too you'd be able to dry clothes out in no time)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2024 15:24:04  #1673

Oh shoot I totally forgot about healing abilities. Yeah that's crazy.

I think if you heated water up to scalding, you could definitely get some burns similar to fire bending for sure. Then it turns into you don't really need to hit an opponent with just blunt water force. As long as you touch them or seep into their armor you can deal damage.

Honestly, with all these styles, I'm pretty sure a single water bender could probably specialize in only one or a few of these styles (unless if they were a genius or spent a lot of time on it), but you could still get a pretty strong team of solely water benders.

Yeah I was also wondering that too. People are always like "airbenders can bend the air out of your lungs." But by that logic can't waterbenders bend out the moisturization from your skin and body too?? Nevertheless, as long as there are plants around, you can get some water too, which is pretty good.

Tbh I'm not an Avatar lorehead but still, thinking of all these uses is pretty cool.

The only downfall is water is most definitely the most popular element to pick so you'd just be so common and whatnot 😭

Last edited by Time (March 11, 2024 15:27:07)

Time

March 11, 2024 17:44:37  #1674

Dunno what to add since I literally saw the spoilered part two days ago lol but yeah it is definitely versatile! I think though that how well you can bend depends on what you need to use it for. Like if you're not gonna actively fight then most likely you won't learn battle techniques and stuff (and even then for a lot of these you need someone to teach you)
Wouldn't people like different elements though? Water's just my favorite but each comes with its own skillset, like Earth is VERY powerful just by itself

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2024 18:54:19  #1675

Well, I presume most benders can fight since bending is based off of martial arts + the world they live in has like, widespread conflict so it's better to actually know how to fight rather than not.

I suppose, it for sure has the highest defensive capabilities, plus you can build a house wherever you go. But other than that I can't really find that much versatile use out of it. I mean yeah there were really freaking powerful earth benders in the past that could like, push continents, but the example in my mind is the avatar and that's a super outlier

Ok I just reviewed the wiki, and there are actual lots of cool stuff earthbenders can use nvm I retract my statement of non-versatility. They are also versatile. I totally forgot about sonar-sense and other epic techniques. (I realize every bending style has their own strengths and weaknesses and it's pretty hard to chose one)

Edit: Oh, on the topic of most people being water, I think when people ask the question to be a bender, they go with water because it fits the most personalities or smth. You know? Or at least in my experience.

Last edited by Time (March 11, 2024 18:57:21)

Time

March 15, 2024 18:57:54  #1676

I wish I knew a lot of classical literature and mythology and such so I could reference them in stories, because I think that's cool.

I mean there's nothing stopping me don't get me wrong but that's just me talking. I should get reading soon tbh.

Time

March 15, 2024 21:54:00  #1677

Time wrote:

I wish I knew a lot of classical literature and mythology and such so I could reference them in stories, because I think that's cool.

I mean there's nothing stopping me don't get me wrong but that's just me talking. I should get reading soon tbh.

It is both a curse and blessing but also very fun!

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 15, 2024 22:12:52  #1678

What part is the curse?

Time

March 17, 2024 00:26:06  #1679

I was thinking of putting random thoughts I have here but idk

Time

March 17, 2024 19:37:20  #1680

Is what I am reading stupid or am I stupid??

Time

Board footera