HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2023 22:38:19  #1201

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

Man I need to be more active

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 27, 2023 00:08:07  #1202

I GOTTA GO ON A TRAINING ARC

RAHHHH

OVER MULTIPLE THINGS BRUH

Time

April 28, 2023 18:36:25  #1203

If I did sci fi story stuff I think it would be bigger. Not just on Earth.

Time

April 28, 2023 19:37:13  #1204

People must be busy, really. I'm kinda busy too.

End of the year is coming up. Finals are around, etc.

Time

April 28, 2023 21:42:04  #1205

I sometimes forget that I have the power to approve users, and I miss out on stuff

So sorry mari

Time

April 29, 2023 23:19:20  #1206

Hmm. I'm thinking once again on things.

Time

May 1, 2023 20:26:34  #1207

It's cool seeing tech involve in front of us

It will be interesting how the future iterations of tech today will look later on. 

Time

May 1, 2023 20:30:03  #1208

I LIKE SCI FI

Time

May 1, 2023 20:51:32  #1209

Sci-fi is so cool
And I think a lot about tech sometimes, I wonder if our current technology will be outdated by the time we're like older adults, and how outdated it will be by then.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 1, 2023 22:03:33  #1210

probably

I wonder how the world will look like by then. Maybe it will look like the cities with loads of skyscrapers.

Time

May 2, 2023 18:48:02  #1211

I vividly remember that, when I was a child, for a thing I had to design a unique city, and of course being the way I am I designed a world to go with it. The point is, that the thing was sorta futuristic, and I made it so space was optimized and people just lived in like reaaaally tall boxes with a room for each where they stayed to only sleep and maybe eat? But everything work-related and life went on outside. And stuff was like that. And recently I've realized that that is how city people often live, especially if it's a densely populated city. We just go ever upwards huh, looking for more space to put people in.
I wonder if in the not-so-far future we'll have underwater cities like I thought for that world. Just big glass domes underwater with whole cities and ecosystems in there.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 3, 2023 01:12:53  #1212

Underwater cities? It would be cool, just:

1. That would be one great feat of tech and engineering
2. I would not be living there

Ngl, when you mentioned something like that. I thought of the Pearl map from Valorant. You know? It's a underwater city. I actually found it interesting in that it's underwater, but not deep enough to be completely submerged, as there is a top window thing that can open up.

Time

May 3, 2023 08:33:59  #1213

I don't think it's that far-fectched considering everything humans have been able to build and think up. But maybe a closer idea would be living in man-made islands in the ocean. The idea is that once we run out of space to build on land, we'd obviously head towards the ocean since with a bit of modification it'll still be a good environment for humans to live in vs. somewhere like space or anther planet which needs a lot more planning and technology to be able to access in a habitable way,
I wouldn't be moving to an underwater city thing either lol but I think it'd be pretty cool.

I'll check that out later :eyes: I know even less about Valorant than I know about LoL so xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 01:42:59  #1214

You may be right in Maybe that people expanding into the ocean would be before space. But I also imagine the pushback for such things is gonna be crazy if it gets big.

I honestly only know Valorant only because of my brother/it being a common game where I can socialize with others. If I ever get into a game or anything really I always look into the lore. And for Val, the lore is pretty vague and up to interpretation often, so sometimes stuff like that may be hard to find.

Time

May 4, 2023 01:57:36  #1215

Also on a side note, but a personally important side note:

It bugs me whenever I'm chatting small talk on homethreads and stuff here, I always end up relating it back to me. I thing it appears self absorbed. I don't like it. I've been thinking about it for a while.

But at the same time, oftentimes I just don't know what to say, so I just go with simple response of relating it to me, and possibly starting a conversation over some sort of comparison or contrast of experiences. But that's so limited. Which I don't like either.

Maybe I just need to reframe the way I use talking about myself, or how approach "small talk" convos.

Last edited by Time (May 4, 2023 01:58:24)

Time

May 4, 2023 10:54:34  #1216

Time wrote:

You may be right in Maybe that people expanding into the ocean would be before space. But I also imagine the pushback for such things is gonna be crazy if it gets big.

I also think though that for that to happen we'd have to figure out a way to manipulate climate or at least the close environment. With pollution and climate change and all, y'know, that can be very harmful, and that sort of manipulation skill would be needed to sustain a city that isn't on top of the ground. I suppose something similar to how the environment inside spaceships is regulated? Dunno much about the topic so it's just some thoughts that come to mind.

Also about Valorant, I don't know much like I said before but I'm glad you can ejoy it. I also love looking into game lore when I hear about them haha.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 10:59:46  #1217

Time wrote:

i misread this and thought you were trying to expand the ocean. like team aqua from pokemon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

May 4, 2023 17:12:30  #1218

I think the ocean is expanding enough on its own atm :')

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 18:20:49  #1219

ye I agree with Specter xD

also I think as humans we need to learn to take care of our own planet and not kill it before going to space and ruining that too

have y'all see Wall-E

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 4, 2023 19:34:32  #1220

wall-e also happened solely because a company did that on purpose so they could make all humanity into loyal customers by forcing them into a giant space ship

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

May 4, 2023 22:08:42  #1221

Not to be pessimistic but we're literally going in that direction. I believe we've already polluted space, at least the area around Earth.
But I hope we take a turn for the better soon. Can't do much about it except hope.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 4, 2023 22:18:28  #1222

Time wrote:

It bugs me whenever I'm chatting small talk on homethreads and stuff here, I always end up relating it back to me. I thing it appears self absorbed. I don't like it. I've been thinking about it for a while.

But at the same time, oftentimes I just don't know what to say, so I just go with simple response of relating it to me, and possibly starting a conversation over some sort of comparison or contrast of experiences.

Late reply to this but I've been thinking
I think a lot of times when the conversation veers a little or a lot towards the one replying it's because we're trying to find something to relate to in the conversation. Like, when I replied to your post earlier by mentioning something I did. Maybe it's just our way of trying to be more involved and connect with the conversation on a more personal level? When someone does that I take it like they're trying to do exactly that. I think it's a part of how people speak and connect with each other, or at least that's the way I see it.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 5, 2023 00:09:04  #1223

AshTheAvaricious wrote:

i misread this and thought you were trying to expand the ocean. like team aqua from pokemon

Ik that pokemon is primarily targeted for kids that don't need much to appease them, but why did they want that? Like, was it just for Kyogre or was there some deeper motivation?

Well, just start training for your cyberpunk dystopia adventures guys.

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Late reply to this but I've been thinking
I think a lot of times when the conversation veers a little or a lot towards the one replying it's because we're trying to find something to relate to in the conversation. Like, when I replied to your post earlier by mentioning something I did. Maybe it's just our way of trying to be more involved and connect with the conversation on a more personal level? When someone does that I take it like they're trying to do exactly that. I think it's a part of how people speak and connect with each other, or at least that's the way I see it.

Oh, that's true, I didn't even notice you did the same thing. Nevermind then. Maybe I'm being a bit too critical on myself. Maybe that's just how people on the internet talk. Bc irl, I don't THINK that's how I talk. At least with some people.

Time

May 5, 2023 00:51:21  #1224

Time wrote:

Ik that pokemon is primarily targeted for kids that don't need much to appease them, but why did they want that? Like, was it just for Kyogre or was there some deeper motivation?

they wanted to expand the sea to wipe out all terrestrial life and restore the world back to how it was before even coronett rose above the waves.

May 8, 2023 00:14:43  #1225

I wanna get back into reading again. Like actual reading. I figured if I wanted to improve my writing skills and actually try my hand at writing stories as a hobby, I should try reading more books and trying to learn from what makes it good.

But I also wanna read more philosophical books and whatnot. Idk if you guys picked it up in my homethread, but I tend to think a lot about philosophical and/or introspective stuff. However, I haven't really read much philosophy books yet.

So today I bought Brandon Sanderson's "Mistborn" and a version of Marcus Arelius's "Meditations".

For Mistborn, I know for a fact he has so many informational classes and stuff on magic systems and fantasy worlds, but I never really got around to sitting through one of his lectures. So I figured out why not read and learn?

For Meditations, I actually had another version/translation of his notes, but I figured it would be interesting to compare and contrast the two, and see which one I liked more. Plus, I would like to see the difference in translation and interpretation between the two. Also, the one I just bought today has annotations and I think it will help me understand more and get into reading philosophy much easier.

Time

May 8, 2023 01:10:59  #1226

I've heard great things about Mistborn and Sanderson in general! I hope you enjoy it

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

May 8, 2023 01:55:14  #1227

I ain't going to hold you, even when flipping though the pages and reading only smaller snippets, I just felt this sorta feeling. Some sort of click and anticipation that feel like it's gonna be a good book. So I hope I enjoy it too. Thanks.

I always wanted to write and publish a story... probably as a side/passion project? idk if I got the endurance to write multiple drafts, or the ability to smash and condense my ideas and protion them out in a way that I can work on them. They're usually just unformed jumbled in my brain that I dump in idea docs.

Last edited by Time (May 8, 2023 01:55:26)

Time

May 13, 2023 20:14:55  #1228

Father lore goes hard I ain't gonna hold you.

Time

May 14, 2023 20:48:12  #1229

I've been thinking about my favorite yt channel

Also, I'm thinking about how youtube is just a time sucker to like, nearly nothing.

Time

May 15, 2023 20:33:18  #1230

I missed a twitch stream where a bunch of teachers at my school played valorant

Time

Board footera