GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2022 16:32:19  #1021

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

I will admit, when it come to telling stories I have come up with, I actually have never really done so seriously. Like actually writing or drawing out the story.

BUT nonetheless, I thought maybe I should start critically thinking about stories I look at. I think it's fun, and I think it could improve my own storytelling skills. Maybe I should watch more movies and take notes or something.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 20, 2022 13:14:13  #1022

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bruh

Time

December 21, 2022 22:33:20  #1023

I love those real quick short V.S. things between characters you see on social media. You know the ones, right?

I especially love it the silly, "non serious" ones

Time

December 22, 2022 17:22:32  #1024

What's the deal with murder hobos huh?

When I was beginning in ttrpgs, I never had that sort of beginning phase. I am sure I still sucked because I was new, but I never was a murderhobo

Time

December 22, 2022 23:30:43  #1025

Any other ttrpg nerds around that had had some sort of phase (or still currently in that thought)? I'd like to see your motion of thought

Time

December 23, 2022 03:21:24  #1026

I'm thinking that I might need some friends to play videogames with or something.

I feel like I'm missing out on some key memories. Well, on a lot of teenage memories since I don't really hang out with anyone outside of school. I'm more of a loner naturally, but I think friends to hang out with outside of school would be something I would like. I do commonly interact with others, its just they're usually around arms length/acquaintance level. 

Tough on how exactly you get to the point of hanging out with other people though... I figured it's a lot of years of bonding. By now, everyone already has their own cliques, I'm late to the party or slow to act when it comes to the formation of those things, I think.

I don't think that being a loner is a bad thing if its their choice to do so, but I think more often than not it can be disadvantageous. Due to a lack of connections, which least to less opportunity and such... though, I haven't thought of possible advantages yet, and I'm sure there are some boons out there.

Time

December 23, 2022 03:35:20  #1027

I also wonder how much of friendship I do actually know and how much I do not know. What is normal pacing for friendship? What is considered clingy? How does this reflect in me and my relationships?

I've always guessed that my idea of friendship was very skewed in that I thought good friends take years to form fully. That I keep people too long in the "aquantiance" stage, and before even the thought of friendship comes around, everyone's gone their separate ways.

I don't really like to talk much about this stuff. I feel normally when I talk about it irl, they pity me usually. They always do say that it's sad. But these are also usually people with defined friend groups already, and my guess is that they didn't really have to go thru periods of time where it was normal to not have strong friend(s). Still, I don't like talking about it too much. I don't know exactly why. Is it because loners/outsiders are considered abnormal? Or could it be the pity? Maybe is that as far as I'm aware; loners, even ones that decide to be, can be associated with other outcasts that are socially awkward and less than desirable and those who look like they want to get into groups but are rejected?

Time

December 23, 2022 03:39:56  #1028

Internally thoughtful? Socially disinterested? Quiet, but once you talk to them, you realize they're actually quite influential (or however you put it)?

Guys, I think I'm a sigma male 😈😈

Time

December 23, 2022 21:27:31  #1029

I look at the Steam library and wonder what is on sale.

I don't have any video games I want rn atm I think...?

Time

December 24, 2022 16:35:48  #1030

Bro 💀

Time

December 24, 2022 19:53:31  #1031

isn't Bendy and the Dark Revival on sale rn?

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 25, 2022 12:50:11  #1032

Yep 30% off

With the entire bendy series for like 22 dollars

Time

December 25, 2022 12:56:18  #1033

that's not a bad deal tbh if that's your type of thing

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 25, 2022 18:09:39  #1034

Nah, it's not really my thing. But thank you for the offer! That is a serious save, really.

Time

December 25, 2022 22:19:09  #1035

I think I really need to search for some more ttrpg groups later on that aligns with my interests. The need to turn away is rising the more I think about stories I want to tell.

Honestly, on that note I want to say things, but I really don't know if you guys would take a liking to me if I did so. I feel that is the same for many of the thoughts I have. They can be pretty blunt and disagreeable at times.

Time

December 26, 2022 21:15:08  #1036

I intend to be a nerd, but a healthy, fit nerd at that one.

Kinda like get done after the workout and hope on the *insert nerd activities here*

Time

December 26, 2022 21:18:25  #1037

Should I  be saying geek or nerd

Time

December 27, 2022 00:31:11  #1038

I'm thinking of what exactly do I like? Story wise?

For the most part:

I'm thinking I like stories with a serious tone, yes, BUT I also enjoy settings that are over the top or are high in fantasy or sci fi.

Reiterating, feel like I prioritize stories with a world that is likely to be more fictional than one's grounded in reality.

Now when I say grounded in reality, I mean like, no magic or something like that. I still expect most of the time the stories I follow to still follow a logical flow based upon what the universe is set upon, with little to no deviation.

I use uncertain words like, "I think" and "I expect" because of 2 things. First is I'm not totally sure and I just want to see if what I say fits current patterns I'm experiencing now and in the future,  and second, there are definite exceptions to the things I put forward. I know for sure something stupid and illogical has happened in a story and it just made me like it even more.

Last edited by Time (December 27, 2022 00:32:35)

Time

December 27, 2022 00:33:33  #1039

Hmm I kinda want a convo to get started off of this one so maybe....

What do you guys think? Do you have an overly detailed preference of stories?

Last edited by Time (December 27, 2022 00:33:52)

Time

December 27, 2022 02:52:58  #1040

If it doesn't have found family or something I can make into found family in my brain, I don't want it

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

December 27, 2022 22:38:35  #1041

What is considered found family??

Time

December 28, 2022 01:08:47  #1042

Also sorry Echo for jumping away from the topic but I also gotta talk about CSM

1. I'm enjoying part 2 so far. Looking forward for things to develop!

2. I loved season one of the anime! The multiple eds were very cool, and since I'm thinking about ep 12, I loved that a lot. I really liked the ending for this one (ep 12) due to the visuals all just being anime original scenes of the main characters hanging out.

What I especially loved the most was the ENDING CLIFFHANGER AFTER THE ED THOUGH. THAT WAS GAS. As a manga reader, I'm sure the anime onlies didn't get or care for it, but I certiantly did!

Last edited by Time (December 28, 2022 01:09:35)

Time

December 28, 2022 03:49:39  #1043

Time wrote:

What is considered found family??

Very first definition Google gives is:

"A family of choice, also known as chosen family, found family, kith and kin, or hānai family is a term that refers to a non-biologically related group of people established to provide ongoing social support. Unlike a "family of origin", a family of choice is based on chosen bonds, not biological ones."

Also OwO I keep procrastinating on watching CSM, but I hear it's pretty good owo

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

December 28, 2022 10:03:05  #1044

This is replying to what Time mentioned earlier but does it mean you have a preference for stories with lots of worldbuilding? I find that fantasy worlds with lots of lore attract me a lot, whatever the setting is, there being lots of details makes it feel very real.
Also Echo I'm a sucker for found family as well so I totally understand you.

A few friends of mine are chainsaw man fans too! I don't think I can watch the anime or read the manga really, it feels violent to me (in a different way than what I like) but even then I find the character design and stuff interesting. I don't really know much except for a spoiler here or there but the anime animation is neat, and I like the somwhat realistic manga style h ehe.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

December 28, 2022 23:49:35  #1045

I mean, yeah that's found family, but what do you consider found family? Does there have to be a scene where all the characters look at each other right before the climax and smile and say, "We're not just friends, we're family."

@Spec: I do like stories with a decent amount of worldbuilding. I've found that very often I enjoy stories with them. I do wonder how much worldbuilding ends up being too much for me... I suppose as long as I'm hooked, I'm happy.

Time

December 28, 2022 23:50:50  #1046

Echo wrote:

Also OwO I keep procrastinating on watching CSM, but I hear it's pretty good owo

Sorry to hype you up Echo, and ofc refrain from being hyped, but the arcs that are covered in season 1 are considered good, but they're not the stuff that the manga readers often talk about. They're not "peak CSM". So I'm looking very much forward to seeing the future arcs of part 1 animated.

Also it looks like the spoilers for CSM online is extremely bad, so I suggest you refrain from searching anything up about CSM if you wanna go and watch it. You never want to be looking thru the wiki or searching up a character online and the autofill and it just says "status: deceased" or "[character name] death scene" or just a random comment on a video spoiling whatever.

Time

December 28, 2022 23:54:48  #1047

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

A few friends of mine are chainsaw man fans too! I don't think I can watch the anime or read the manga really, it feels violent to me (in a different way than what I like) but even then I find the character design and stuff interesting. I don't really know much except for a spoiler here or there but the anime animation is neat, and I like the somwhat realistic manga style h ehe.

Awh yeah I get you. Though you did get me thinking about different expressions of violence in storytelling... my guess is... you don't like all that gore and maybe prefer more... idk, less chaos and intestines?

I love the art style a lot too! I'm thinking of maybe trying to draw some inspiration from the author. In the manga I see often people describe his art to be dirty, but it can come together to make the most beautiful works to emphasize scenes. He also is praised highly for his paneling, which I also like and think is creative.

Last edited by Time (December 28, 2022 23:56:43)

Time

December 30, 2022 05:10:21  #1048

Time wrote:

Sorry to hype you up Echo, and ofc refrain from being hyped, but the arcs that are covered in season 1 are considered good, but they're not the stuff that the manga readers often talk about. They're not "peak CSM". So I'm looking very much forward to seeing the future arcs of part 1 animated.

I actually retract this statement. I realize now, it is contributing to an unnatural expectation that ruins the original first exposure to the show. I think the first time experience is key, and it is best when the person first does not know story beats, or even if the story improves in an overall ideal setting.

Time

January 1, 2023 03:09:58  #1049

Happy happy happy new years!!

Time

January 3, 2023 11:07:39  #1050

I feel like I'm forgoring something to respond to on here

Time