HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2022 19:58:16  #841

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

Ok you guys who play that fate game... Specter, Galaxian, and Echo, right?

I'm just wondering, is it a gatcha?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 13, 2022 20:06:59  #842

To answer your question, it is indeed a gacha game, and one known for being extremely cruel (in terms of odds and stuff)
To illustrate, it only implemented a pity system last year in one of its servers (the Japanese one) lol
Why? Do you want to join us in gacha hell? :eyes: It's a very long game in terms of story as well as resource acquisition (depending on events and such), so I don't think it'd be one you could complete quickly. 
Voluntary notice of sorts: Some of the character designs in this game are hella sketchy as well lol, though I don't think that's too surprising or anything

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 13, 2022 20:09:23  #843

JOIN US IN GACHA HELL

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 14, 2022 03:09:59  #844

Unfortunately no. I like to think of myself as a thrifty person. *insert gatcha game slander joke here*

Plus from what I've seen from gameplay, I don't think it's my kinda game atm.

But I do like that character you've shown me has an unhealthy addiction to gatcha gambling, just like the player base. Horray!

Time

August 14, 2022 03:18:29  #845

Darn, he didn't fall for it guys ): xD

The character is the main character/player (or an iteration of them, anyways), so that's why xD
Nice to hear that you've seen the gameplay though. Does that mean when I post about hypothetical GGaD persona F/GO gameplay, you can kind of understand what I'm saying? (: then y u no respond? hmm???

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 14, 2022 15:07:30  #846

Ah very nice to hear. A perfect image for the player.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Does that mean when I post about hypothetical GGaD persona F/GO gameplay, you can kind of understand what I'm saying? (: then y u no respond? hmm???

Ah ha ha ha! No.

When I look at the gameplay, this is what I perceive:
- There is buffs and debuffs and stuff but they're in Japanese so I can't read it.
- There is maybe a buff/debuff phase? Followed by an attack phase where you can select 3 attacks, but at times you can do 4...? But that may be only for super moves.
- Naturally characters have classes, and each has strengthens and weaknesses, but Idk what is strong against what

Last edited by Time (August 14, 2022 15:07:42)

Time

August 14, 2022 16:36:00  #847

Those observations are actually quite impressive in my view xD. You seem to have garnered the gist of how gameplay generally flows.
-Sometimes I forget others don't have the advantage of being able to guess at kanji meanings xD. One thing here is that you could guess at one of the skill effects from icons, though I haven't relied on that before, so I'm not sure if it's exactly intuitive for most of the effects. 
-You are correct! Because F/GO is a turn-based game, you get to apply skills (which are mostly what are responsible for buffs/debuffs/effects outside of when you're attacking/when the enemy is attacking) before each turn. After that, you give the command for your characters to attack, and then the enemy attacks. 
-In regards to the 4 attacks thing, you are correct about the 4th being a "super move." It's a composite card that only appears when you select 3 consecutive moves from the same character (which is somewhat RNG-dependent). It basically does all the things that the different card types do, including extra damage, so it's very important in-gameplay.
-The classes in the game are mostly based off the class designations (Knight and Cavalry), though canonically class advantages and disadvantages don't actually have any effect. In any case, advantages and disadvantages are generally pared out in triangular relationships, such as between the 3 Knight Classes (Saber, Archer, Lancer), 3 Cavalry Classes (Rider, Assassin, Caster), and 3 Extra Classes (Ruler, Avenger, and Moon Cancer). Obviously, I don't think you need to remember this xD.

I can generally summarize F/GO gameplay on my roleplaying thread if it's something you're interested in. (I promise I'll try to tone it down in terms of post length and only keep to the essentials, lol.) Would you be interested in something like that?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 15, 2022 00:53:27  #848

Ok Galaxian I've actually been wondering this, but I feel like you've answered it before: Why is it called your rping thread when an all sort of things are posted there??

Honestly Galaxian, I wouldn't be opposed to reading that. But if this is an attempt to try to drag me down to the lands of Gatcha, it won't be happening!

Though as you may see the low investment might not reflect well to me. Nonetheless, I think no matter what I should be putting more effort into reading and replying to other people's stuff.

Time

August 15, 2022 16:31:17  #849

I don't think you've asked that before actually xD the answer is, as usual, I suck at naming and at organization/impulse control
The better name for the thread would probably have been "Galaxian's Thread for Roleplaying-Related Stuff (As Usual, They're Really Stretching It Thin Here)," but the post titles have a limit and "Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread" happened to be more concise. 
Though, to be fair, I don't think what I post there is quite as random as you might think it is. I took a look at the last two pages to try to get a sense of what you're saying, and I did catch a few posts that were disjointed/poorly elaborated upon (e.g. when I talk about cultural observations on my part, they're posted there because they factor into my character creation and world development, but I didn't specify that in those posts so they seem quite random xD)
Another factor is how I put my homethread on hold for a bit, so maybe some more unrelated things worked into the RPing thread when I especially lacked in discerning abilities, but I didn't see that as really being an issue when I looked through the last two pages
The final thing that I'm just putting out there in case you didn't know is that when I talk about F/DA and corresponding characters (you'll see me refer to them by the Servant container classes that the Fate system uses, including F/GO, such as Archer/Saber/etc.), I'm referring to an AU roleplayed very intermittently by Specter and me. So, essentially, it's still me talking about roleplay-related stuff, just for an AU. 
I think overall the matter probably has to do with how I have a broader interpretation of what counts as "roleplay" stuff and how I still post way too much even with a little self-regulation. 
Is there any specific post on that thread you were aiming that question towards? I might have missed it.

----

Honestly, with my post quality, I think I might discourage you from looking further into the game if anything xD you know how I am. But in the future, I'll try to specify a bit more if I'm talking about characters superimposed into the F/GO verse when they don't belong to Specter, Echo, or me (since we play the game xD). Can't promise the specification will be good by any means, but I'll try lol.

I get that feeling as well (on my end, not yours xD), but sometimes I find that I just can't force it. I'm not sure if it's that way for you as well, but I would say that replying once in a while with genuine interest is probably better than responding all the time with a generic, detached tone. Don't take my word for it though; you know I'm not a good source for things like that xD. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 16, 2022 01:09:22  #850

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Is there any specific post on that thread you were aiming that question towards? I might have missed it.

Nope, not really. I really wasn't even expecting an answer so long lol.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Honestly, with my post quality, I think I might discourage you from looking further into the game if anything xD you know how I am. But in the future, I'll try to specify a bit more if I'm talking about characters superimposed into the F/GO verse when they don't belong to Specter, Echo, or me (since we play the game xD). Can't promise the specification will be good by any means, but I'll try lol.

Its no problem, really.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I get that feeling as well (on my end, not yours xD), but sometimes I find that I just can't force it. I'm not sure if it's that way for you as well, but I would say that replying once in a while with genuine interest is probably better than responding all the time with a generic, detached tone. Don't take my word for it though; you know I'm not a good source for things like that xD. 

I agree. Though I wonder if my genuine interest sounds just like my detached interest.

Time

August 16, 2022 03:04:55  #851

Not sure if you were indirectly asking there, but to me any interest you show is interpreted as at least partially genuine interest unless your tone is incredibly different from usual or something like that.
Always expect unnecessarily long replies from me, Time. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 16, 2022 16:12:41  #852

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Not sure if you were indirectly asking there, but to me any interest you show is interpreted as at least partially genuine interest unless your tone is incredibly different from usual or something like that.
Always expect unnecessarily long replies from me, Time. 

-Galaxian-

No, I don't mind answers, it's nice.

Well, no worries I kinda expect them from you anyways. I suppose you should expect likewise me not always catching all the points in long posts

Time

August 16, 2022 18:38:14  #853

Please don't worry about it. I don't understand all the points I make in my posts either xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 03:56:48  #854

Oh good to hear I'm not alone lol

Ok on another topic. I was thinking about giving my deity characters some updates. Which I think are long in need but I never got to bc sometimes it's a chore to rewrite stuff.

Anyways I was thinking of how much stronger Oblivion should be. Just because of some things like his domain of void. Its litterally a place of nothing. Like if anyone enters, it's basically an auto win for Oblivion since there like, no time no reality in the void, and it's kinda like this nullifying thing of nothingness where Oblivion can only influence it. Same thing with his void portals they're literally mini black holes or smth.

Man I don't like super op characters. But looking at it the bad guys do need a few stronger members.

Thinking about it I think I have been portraying Oblivion really wrong.

Also kinda thinking about if I should make Time more into a "Lawful Neutral" or more neutral type character since time stuff requires a lot of rules wile magic is more of a neutral thing... if I keep him more or less good, maybe at least give him some points where he puts his foot down for any side.

Last edited by Time (August 18, 2022 04:00:42)

Time

August 23, 2022 03:28:12  #855

Hey hey btw It's quite late but its Time and Chronos Bday. It was mentioned in Russet's homethread but that's about it lol.

Time

August 23, 2022 16:43:04  #856

Time to embark on some travels!

Time

August 24, 2022 21:34:11  #857

Got back from the travels.

You know, it sucks when I forget threads. And I feel like I do it all the time. Even when I check the forums in general instead of just hitting the "active threads" button I feel like I'm missing a thread

Time

August 24, 2022 23:22:08  #858

I'm thinking about immortality, and idk. I think a big deciding factor for me would have to be if I could have someone, at least one person, to spend it with.

Time

August 24, 2022 23:22:29  #859

I realize Axel was talking about this a while back but yeah.

Time

August 25, 2022 14:43:14  #860

I'm now getting comments on how my hair looks like Keanu Reeves, I can see it, but I don't really feel it.

But I just got my hair cut, so that's why I mentioned it. It's shorter, but not too short. I think if I tie my hair up again I'll get mentions of it looking like Eren Yeagers, which again, I don't think I see too much.

I know an acquaintance that just says Eren Yeager in that voice whenever I near him.

Time

August 26, 2022 02:23:41  #861

Why did that webconic of that guy saying "I'm gonna brown" resurface in my mind

Time

August 30, 2022 01:03:43  #862

Remember when I talked about my younger brother and how my theory of him possibly having more talent than me it's just he never puts effort?

I think I found something else that I didn't expect or really thought of to what might be another reason to why i may be able to stay ahead.

It's that at times, I can stand up for myself and talk against people.

It's also that I think. I think a lot more, you know, deeper thoughts. While I don't know how good my bigger-picture-seeing ability is, or my detailed-picture-seeing ability is. But as far as I am aware, it seems that mine are greater than his by a lot.

Another theory as to why maybe just I don't see problems as major and most of them as minor. I realize how many times I shrug off problems when it comes to tech or stuff, while in reality, I should be writing back bad reviews. Whenever people ask if there was any issues with stuff, i feel like i came across something at least once, but i just shrugged it off. Maybe that stretches out to other problems. Like more personal ones. I hope not, and that my problem assessment is of adequate level.

I hope that instead, what I hear is just a bunch of whiney people, because I do for sure hear a lot of whining at school.

I also do hope that this isn't just a way of holding in emotions. I don't feel like I am, but you never know! Maybe I'm just a really tolerable guy and less judgmental than your average teen/young person. I hope that's the answer. I think that would be the best result. But I'll just doubt that part since

This just became more or less me rambling as I type this out on my phone. I'm not proofreading I'm just throwing up thoughts. Do hopefully it somewhat makes sense.

I hate talking about possible good parts of yourself. Especially right now when I'm just typing on my phone where takes extra time to type stuff in my experience. Like oh wow I'm putting so much effort into writing about myself!

Time

September 4, 2022 02:30:26  #863

When I draw, I do it based off of how I am feeling and my inspiration. That's why some characters I have don't have any art at at all or just have only very small amounts of art by me. I just don't currently have that creative spark for drawing them at the moment.

It's also the reason why of most of my recent drawings have been my own personal characters separate from ģgad. I've just been feeling to draw them more.

Last edited by Time (September 4, 2022 02:31:39)

Time

September 7, 2022 15:36:06  #864

When i get busy with hw and other things I worry that I'll forget to respond to threads here 

Time

September 10, 2022 21:48:50  #865

Boom do you see that look at all that sudden activity

Time

September 12, 2022 14:04:39  #866

@tabletop game nerds

Have you looked at One D&D/D&D 5.5? If so what's it like?

Time

September 12, 2022 14:57:56  #867

it's pretty cool

backgrounds now give stat bonuses

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 13, 2022 00:41:39  #868

Are there any other really cool features?

Time

September 13, 2022 07:42:38  #869

backgrounds also give feats, so now you can have lucky at level 1

and a nat 20 has been changed to be an auto success while a nat 1 is an auto failure

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 13, 2022 12:49:41  #870

Couldn't you already have lucky lvl 1 with var human?

So the rule has been changed to what people normally already thought what it mean?

From what I'm guessing it's has changes, but not crazy big ones. No big new rules or tables or stuff like that

Time

Board footera