HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2022 18:34:16  #751

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

When I mean fantasy I mean like, magical, medieval fantasy

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 7, 2022 18:34:32  #752

Like dragons and stuff

Time

June 8, 2022 11:19:32  #753

Fair point

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

June 8, 2022 11:20:45  #754

So like high fantasy (completely fictional world) or low fantasy (based in the real world)

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

June 8, 2022 12:03:48  #755

I like high fantasy much more than low fantasy

Time

June 8, 2022 12:06:42  #756

Most of the time.

I do like GG's lore. It's kinda in between the two fantasies due to being set on Earth, but everything after 1999 is an alternate universe with widely different history and tech

I realize it's kinda a blend of modern, sci fi, and fantasy (like magic) which is really cool to me.

Last edited by Time (June 8, 2022 12:07:54)

Time

June 8, 2022 12:09:16  #757

But yeah normally high fantasy is pretty cool to me

Time

June 9, 2022 20:16:19  #758

Thinking on the relationship between me and my brother.

He may be younger than me, but I feel like if he'd applied himself, he'd be superior than me in like, almost every way.

But he doesn't, so I have a chance in things with him. That's how it's always been. For my sake as the older brother, I hope it can somewhat stay that way. In a non-malicious way. I'd imagine being inferior to your younger sibling can hurt at times.

According to my mother, of course, we both have completely different skill sets. And can't be compared. Honestly? That is very true. I can recognize the areas there I fare better than him. But at times I can't help but wonder if he just had that thing of persistence that I do, what would it be like?

Last edited by Time (June 9, 2022 20:19:36)

Time

June 11, 2022 18:45:10  #759

School is basically out for me now. I did my finals, and while I still have a few days left, I'm not doing anything other than light work, so im good to go!

Time

June 11, 2022 18:47:41  #760

Nice! Congrats!
Iirc you had things to do over the summer lol, but enjoy your break when you can!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 11, 2022 18:54:55  #761

Yes. I am just transitioning from one type of workload to another lol

Time

June 12, 2022 08:56:13  #762

RIP

June 12, 2022 12:10:43  #763

Mood

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 12, 2022 17:09:55  #764

Well at least I get more free time. I think? I definitely don't have to do as much homework lol.

Time

June 13, 2022 11:44:58  #765

Time talks about his taste in video games

I notice that when it comes to fighting games, one of the most biggest things to me is the style. Like I never was really interested in fighting games until GG Strive, and it caught my eye because of how cool it looked. The designs and art direction and style is amazing, and it's like one of the most stylish games I've seen.

As of recent Street Fighter 6 has caught my eye. I really like those flashes of wild color in those supers. Maybe I'll look into it.

But I won't be looking into it for a bit, at least. Because I'm investing a good amount of my time with video games in cRPGs. And those take a long time to complete.  And I love them.

Currently playing Divinty 2, and maybe after 1 or 2 runs I might set my eyes on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Time

June 17, 2022 02:04:35  #766

You know as of recent I've noticed my activity has greatly dropped. I think it's the summer break, if that makes sense.

Time

June 19, 2022 23:47:07  #767

Time is thinking of his love of ttrpgs. Like a loser nerd. I'm sure you guys won't understand a thing I say. Except for maybe Axel, but iirc he's still a green bean adventurer so idk if he'd be looking to other ttrpgs yet.

Yes yes DnD is fun and all, but in honestly, I feel at times I'm more of a Pathfinder. As in the Pathfinder ttrpg. I only played Pathfinder 1e, but maybe I should look into Pathfinder 2e.

I feel Pathfinder is much more dear to my nerdy heart. I have more memories there. I haven't played in a very long while since D&D is much more popular amongst people and they kinda fill the same roles and stuff.

As of recent I've been sustaining myself with cRPGs for great storytelling and whatnot. I'm really looking forwards to the full release of Baldur's Gate 3 and getting Pathfinder: WotR when there's some more bugs cleaned out of it. So I can play a cRPG that has ttrpg mechanics.

Honestly, I've been thinking of the search of a great group. I've been thinking of my very first group. It was a pretty good story, and it had some stuff that made my character feel actually unique. I haven't felt that ever since. Yes, I've been apart of some pretty amazing parties, but they never really reminded me of my first party.

What am I even saying I haven't even proof read it so it just my thoughts thrown up

Time

June 20, 2022 01:24:32  #768

Don't call yourself a loser nerd, only I'm allowed to be a loser nerd here
I can follow along with what you said since I know my school had groups who did D&D and Pathfinder (also I keep getting ads for both this week for whatever reason. Did you hack my YouTube account?), but otherwise I can't really say anything specifically xD, sorry.
I do think that first groups are definitely special in a different way than other special things. For example, for me, Spirit Animal roleplays will always have a place in my heart despite the child soldier thing (and me being cringe when I started roleplaying), simply 'cause I started off with them before branching out. I'm guessing Pathfinder is kind of like that for you when it comes to table-top RPGs, though I might be completely off the mark.
No matter what, do what you want to do and do what makes you happy, but stay safe. The pandemic's still going on and it feels like no one cares anymore. I've been too afraid to really ask you guys about your opinions on outings and stuff like that, but I will ultimately try to trust in all of your judgments lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 21, 2022 00:55:41  #769

Looks luke this forum ain't big enough for two loser nerds.

Yeah. It's like that. Pathfinder is special to me. It's was my first ttrpg even if it's not really considered newbie friendly, and I was terrible at the aspects that Pathfinder required players to have.

Now where did this come from Galax? Outings? Like going out to do stuff?

Last edited by Time (June 21, 2022 00:56:25)

Time

June 21, 2022 01:01:30  #770

Yes, no one else can fit
And yeah, pretty much. But I mostly mean the ones where groups of people are gathered, not outdoor activities like hiking. As for where this came from, it's always there, just buried somewhere.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 21, 2022 20:16:03  #771

Are you asking me on my opinions on outings?

Well, I wear masks most of the time. I normally don't go to big parties/gatherings and whatnot. Not because it's unsafe, but more like it is not in my personality to do that. I think that it can be unsafe, yes, but people going to them is deciding to place themselves at that risk. They can also decide to take safety precautions as well, such as the vaccine and being proper, sanitary people.

I can understand why people nowadays do this. They've been in lockdown for so long, and they just can't take it anymore.

I will admit while I do not go to parties and overly compacted gatherings, I still go out in populated areas. But I don't think that's really something to "admit" because that's what everyone does nowadays.

Time

June 22, 2022 18:26:29  #772

I can't even tell at this point. What am I saying? And if I don't know what I'm conveying, then doesn't that mean that I probably shouldn't be saying anything at all? (Well, probably, but we all know I am not going to do that.)
I guess all I can say is that I also understand the psychology behind it like you said (though can't necessarily relate to it) and that since you live in California, it's likely hard for you to avoid "populated areas," like grocery stores and in-person school (which, from my understanding, is what you attend). In any case, as I said before, I'm trying not to act so meddle-y when it comes to your decisions, especially since you might not have as much ability to make them as I like to imagine (due to family and cultural reasons, for instance). So, don't worry about what I think, and just do what works for you. I'll worry, of course, but that's just how it's going to be from now on or something like that. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 23:23:34  #773

No worries. Thanks for the concern, Galaxian

Time

June 22, 2022 23:25:50  #774

(*awkward <3*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2022 23:26:10  #775

On a totally different random note, do any of you guys know of and good shows/books/any stories with large main casts? Like, the main "team" has like 10 or so characters or something. And all the characters still get development and stuff.

Time

June 23, 2022 00:21:00  #776

tuti rubbing her hands: yes, my time has come . 

i am a really fan too of series of books in which there are a many main characters so here a list:

1.The Chronicles of Narnia. (7 books) fantasy, you know, centaurs, rats that can speak, magic, etc.

2. Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (6 books) there isnt like a big main team but believe me, you wont regret it (am i promoting and advertising my fav books?)

3. The Heroes of Olympus. (5 books) , semi gods, drama, gods fighting each other, you know casual fights

4. Kane Chronicles (3 books): from the same author of the Heroes of Olympus. 

5.Fablehaven (5 books) a world hidden in plain sight

6.Shadowhunters. (hard to explain) mmm hard to explain 

7. The Maze Runner (4 books?) this one i havent read yet but i have heard that is a really good one.

the next ones i havent read them yet but they are pretty known to have a big cast.

. A song of Fire and Ice
- Masters of Rome
- The pillars of the earth
- war and peace
- the stand 

I really hope you will find this useful. if not.....then......*thinks deeply of something to say...mmm... *gives up.... i really dont know man xd.

Tuti        

Is it living when your dreaming?
          If thats so, I am alive
                           -

June 23, 2022 01:26:26  #777

Someone give her a standing ovation I'm here having read most of those books but having my mind entirely blank for questions like these lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 17:41:00  #778

Ah. Thank you very much, Tuti. I am giving you a standing ovation.

I asked for the list because I feel like having a story with a big main cast would be quite difficult. But I know for a fact that it is very possible, and I just wanted to see examples.

How big are the main casts on the protagonist sides?

Time

June 24, 2022 01:25:15  #779

I just realized how general that question I asked hust was.

How about this. In general for all the books, what is your estimate for the size of the protagonist's side of the main cast?

Time

June 24, 2022 09:16:32  #780

jejej man, when you tried to re-asked the question i got even more confused xd

its okey dont worry i think i got it.

1. The Chronicles of Narnia: in all the books, the main characters change. sometimes they add a new character and sometimes a whole new cast is introduced. but mainly you will see from 6 to 5 main characters and  a lot of secondary characters.

2. Chronicles of Ancient Darkness: jeje now that I think about, this one doesnt belong in this list xd has 4 or 3 main characters. the character development is one of the best.. 

3.The Heroes of Olympus: there are 12 main characters, lots of supportive characters. this maybe is what you were looking for because almost all the main characters work as a team.

4.Kane Chronicles: 7 or 6 main characters. lots of gods too. if you dont know anything about the Egyptian mythology, by the end of reading the whole series, trust me, you will have learned tons and tons of facts, details, name of gods, and in genereal almost all the egyptian mythodology lore jeje.

5.Fablehaven: the book starts with 4 or 5 main characters then the numbers increases. lots of major characters. 

6. Shadowhunters: mmm hard to explain but there around 6 or 7 main characters but..... again, its hard to explain.

7. The Maze Runner: 8 major characters....aprox. also work as a team  (i guess, if the movie is at least something similiar to the book)

now, for the next ones i will give only an aprox (from my research in google jeje) since i havent read them.

- A song of fire and ice = how can i insert the symbol for infinity?
- Masters or Rome = 4? but it is said that there are thousands of secondary characters.
- The pillar of the earth = 13 main characters according to wikipedia xd
- war and peace = More than 500 characters. (leon tolstoy had a lot of free time)
- the stand = more than 20.

make me know if you decide to read any of these books.

Tuti        

Is it living when your dreaming?
          If thats so, I am alive
                           -

Board footera