HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2022 10:42:19  #661

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

I wanted to see what it's like with long hair, so I looked to grow it out. But I hated how a lot of it sat in the back so I tied some of it up. So the pony tail is quite recent.

I think I may have a hairstyle quite similar to ggad Time's rn since I'm growing it out, but I don't think I would really like it that much.

Hair reveal? Maybe one day. I guess that would also technically be a face reval too lol

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 19, 2022 10:47:01  #662

I want to see what you would look like with a ponytail :0

that sounded really creepy I didn't mean that ashjlfakhgslua

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 19, 2022 15:17:13  #663

No worries

I'm quite sure that your mental image of what I look like to you guys is very wrong.

Time

April 19, 2022 16:39:33  #664

Dang it Time now I want to know what you actually look like

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 19, 2022 17:25:31  #665

I always pictured you with a short hair cut tbh

Hair reveal? :eyes:

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 19, 2022 21:07:10  #666

I'm very 90% or so sure your mental image is of me is wrong.

Maybe I will show. But not rn. I'll just randomly put it out or something if I ever feel like it.

Tbh I don't really mind too much with a face reveal... I think? I know for sure I don't mind at all for a voice reveal as long as I'm not recorded.

Last edited by Time (April 19, 2022 21:07:44)

Time

April 21, 2022 21:04:32  #667

Filling filler post

Time

April 21, 2022 21:08:53  #668

I will post something here yes

Now what was it?

Time

April 21, 2022 21:09:30  #669

Ah yes I remember to bad I would need to be at home to do it or something lol

Time

April 22, 2022 02:05:25  #670

Actually I think I'll talk about it tomorrow

Time

April 22, 2022 02:05:38  #671

Or maybe not at all

Time

April 23, 2022 13:52:03  #672

Nah not at all maybe later

I'm thinking about character info and stuff, and I'm thinking maybe I should just stop releasing limited info on characters and just spout whatever + larger posts when I feel like it. Yeah. I should do that

Time

April 23, 2022 14:16:36  #673

I mean that's what I do and it works for me so xd

April 24, 2022 03:12:14  #674

Yea

Quite slow again huh

Time

April 25, 2022 00:25:06  #675

I am literally deflating

Like, I think sometimes when I do art, "wow. I should do art studies and actually practice so I can improve for once."

But no. I just decide to draw bc I don't want to do that work. I hate it.

Time

April 25, 2022 00:32:50  #676

Well, actually, I'll admit that it's more of me forgetting that I should practice studies, and then I hate myself over not remembering that I should have done so after the window has passed.

Because I'm sure I can integrate drawing characters and studies in the same way.

Though I really hate that I don't know my bad habits, and practicing studies and stuff is like hard and doesn't really make art that fun.

Ig though I should go through the pains of practice so I can improve my skills to do it better when im trying to do it for fun. But the problem is always remembering and just getting down to businesses with it.

Oh also another problem is time. I just don't draw as often and I feel like any piece I do takes uncesccarily long amounts of time. Like, I feel everything I do is like 4 time over the "reasonable amount of time" something should be completed at. I feel as if I have collected many, many bad habits and I'm not aware of them. .

Or maybe that might just be me.

Time

April 25, 2022 00:33:43  #677

It just in bed I had felt this sudden feeling of frustration and felt I had to write this out

Time

April 25, 2022 09:16:01  #678

Hey

Hey you

yes you

stop.

It's okay. There isn't a "reasonable amount of time" for making art. You've decided that however long it takes you to make something is "too long," and that can't be further from the truth. Everyone has their own rate that they draw at. Over time, yes, you can get faster at drawing with practice, but I get the feeling you're comparing yourself to other people and you feel like you haven't made "enough" progress, or that someone can draw so much faster than you do, so you must have failed at something. That's not true.

And hey, if you don't want to get into art studies, that's okay! If that's getting in the way of you doing something you love as a hobby, then don't bother going into something that's going to take away your enjoyment of it. I mean, I haven't done anything like that. There are plenty of people who are amazing at art but don't study it and just do it as a hobby that they're ridiculously talented at.

Maybe I'm completely missing the point of what you're saying, but I just want you to know that comparing yourself and shutting yourself into a mental box is only going to make you feel worse about your art. I've been through this, and it's hard, but if you figure out how to let go of it, I think you'll feel a lot better about yourself and your art. <3

April 25, 2022 09:16:35  #679

That was very long-winded, my apologies for forcing my opinion here

April 25, 2022 20:54:33  #680

Eliza, thank you for the concern and thank you for writing a good amount in expressing this concern. It really, really means a lot. For me, it's really hard to write words of comfort, to anyone, so I would think it would be at least somewhat difficult to write so much for me. So thank you. This doesn't only go out to Eliza, but everyone else here. Thank you. I just realized it now, so I'm thanking everyone who has ever expressed concern for me in the past.

Though it is not necessarily I'm comparing myself to others and feeling bad about it. Yes I do take the time of others into account, but to only just determine a standard. I do feel frustrated that I am not as fast as others, but it's nothing like I'm frustrated and down about me not being able to so. It's more because I know I can do better. I know I can speed up if I try. If that makes sense.

And its also because I simply want to speed up to a more "standard" speed because I simply do not want to be slow at all. I want to take 30 min to draw a full character, and not 2 hrs. It's just simply more convenient.

I do understand that I may not be the fastest when it comes to improvement, and I am ok with that. I know people who improve faster than me. In fact I feel like I'm talking to one now. And I'm ok with that. It's just I think I'm not at my maximum improvement limit, and I want to be there.

I feel like art studies is indeed not going to be the most fun, but now thinking about it, I don't think I'm going to have much fun with the limits I'm going to have without art studies. So I think I might as well take the path were I both can get better and have an easier time drawing as well.

Plus I'm sure I can find ways to have enjoyment. Like, not too long ago I did some lighting practice with some new techniques on a drawing of my version of Senshei, which I posted on my art thread (had to put the art plug). It took PAINFULLY long to lighten the since I'm normally slower and I was still trying to find the options on CSP, which was also quite the annoyance, but I think I enjoyed the result much more and learned some cool lighting stuff.

I'm kinda thinking no pain no gain kinda deal with this part. I want to also increase faster than I normally would without doing self taught art studies. And since it'll mostly be self taught, I can focus on what I want and also integrate like, characters I want to draw and stuff. So that'll be good.

And I understand what you are definitely getting at. I was once in a similar spot too. For a long time. But good think I've grown, so now instead of being in a mental box, I'm thinking of more of a limitless ceiling. I may never reach the top, and that's fine, it's just I will always have more to grow.

Now, it's time to see
1. If anyone reads this (I'm ok with nobody doing so)
2. If anyone understands because I haven't proofread lol

Last edited by Time (April 25, 2022 20:56:57)

Time

April 25, 2022 20:58:54  #681

Now, only the other thing is to find the actual motivation of doing it, because talking about it is one thing, actually doing it is a whole other ball game.

Oh, also, actually, I'm thanking you again Eliza, because you had me write this all out. You really made me think through it and give me some clarity on what I exactly want

Time

April 25, 2022 21:35:50  #682

I think that's understandable, but I did just spend like half a day on math review so at this point probably anything that isn't Calculus is understandable
I didn't have a chance to type anything out in response to your post, because I don't really have the credibility to do so, and I also don't have the time (I seem like I have nothing to do, but it's just me being, well, me). Honestly, what I can say is just find out what works best for you. For me, I treat art less academically, or else I'd go nuts, which is why I don't have much right to give any advice on the topic. And as you can see, coupled with the limited amount of talent in that field here, I clearly don't improve much as a result. Like, if I pushed myself more with proportioning, colors, posing, and such, I'd probably go further than I go at the moment.
But anyways, I think it's just what's important to you. Know what you want (you seem to know that already), but do make sure to prioritize. And y'know, I dunno if you're a perfectionist, but taking it easy helps with learning in general. Or anything, really. Stress in small amounts can be good, but when life is already providing that in ample amounts, you don't really have to add too much to that stockpile for yourself.

Also, specifically on the drawing speed topic, I can't really relate. I know there are probably wizards out there who can draw with their fingers better than with a stylus, but I'm not gonna hold their standards as my own. So yeah, increasing my drawing speed is a priority I can't really relate with. Unless never finishing drawings if I've started another one relates somehow. Let me know if it does to you.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 25, 2022 21:52:42  #683

I'm happy you feel a little better, Time. I'm glad I could help you. 

I understand that a lot, I really do. Sometimes you have to do things you don't like as much to do the things you like better, it's like that with almost anything. I just don't want see you get so frustrated with yourself that you give up and quit drawing, because I know you have talent that can only get better.

I'll be here to support you and your art, Time, even through the not-so-fun parts. <33

April 25, 2022 21:52:52  #684

Dude I sound really sappy lol sorry

April 25, 2022 23:38:52  #685

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

So yeah, increasing my drawing speed is a priority I can't really relate with. Unless never finishing drawings if I've started another one relates somehow. Let me know if it does to you.

1. As I said before, I just feel like I'm drawing too slow. Like, I could be done on this piece and working on the next one by now! Kinda deal.
2. Yeah. I sometimes get it. I just sometimes don't finish drawings. I used to drop them because I didn't like how they looked, but I kinda put that habit down since I started more digital drawings. Now if I don't finish drawings its more like I grow disinterested in them. As an exchange, I created a bad habit of relying on digital arts. I don't think my traditional penmanship is very good.

Time

April 25, 2022 23:49:42  #686

Basket Cat wrote:

I'm happy you feel a little better, Time. I'm glad I could help you. 

I understand that a lot, I really do. Sometimes you have to do things you don't like as much to do the things you like better, it's like that with almost anything. I just don't want see you get so frustrated with yourself that you give up and quit drawing, because I know you have talent that can only get better.

I'll be here to support you and your art, Time, even through the not-so-fun parts. <33

Basket Cat wrote:

Dude I sound really sappy lol sorry

Thanks. Ik it's might seem sappy, but I kinda like it. Its caring. I'll be honest, I don't really get much sappy stuff and comments at all irl (being a guy and all lol), so I'm ok with it. I never really saw myself as a talented artist though, but its nice words. Truly.

Just knowing people are with me is all good.

Time

April 26, 2022 10:24:22  #687

:D

April 27, 2022 01:00:37  #688

Yayyyy

Uh oh the stress has settled in. I was doing all fine until math test had to come along. Now I'm stressed. I don't think I should be too stressed tomorrow though. I think I just need to sleep.

Time

April 27, 2022 08:36:53  #689

I managed to pass my math test and you're probably better at it than me so I believe in you

April 27, 2022 21:02:17  #690

Thank you

Time

Board footera