HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2022 15:51:25  #1021

Re: Potato Peels: Chat Thread for Galaxian and Echo

Np

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 5, 2022 01:39:46  #1022

Check your PM it's very important

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 5, 2022 01:45:55  #1023

Archiving my PMs is also very important,,, if you send a message and it's full again just accept that I'm a lazy bum and an idiot and send something here xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 5, 2022 17:20:42  #1024

Hey, I'll have to wait a few days before giving a response. Something bad happened yesterday night. Though, I did listen to the songs, so it just gives me more time to listen to them (: .

On the rant on your homethread, I swear I had more comforting things to say, but somehow it turned semi-philosophical again. But I'm going off of what I think is a very reasonable quote from Huyao Xiao Hongniang--everyone knows the big ideas (well, everyone with usable brains, anyways), so the most that bystanders can do, including friends, is to remind them and then believe in them. So here we go.
It might be a little wrong to make these comparisons, but honestly you remind me of my mom a lot in terms of how different you are from the rest of your family. My mom was also basically gaslit (among other things) the entire time she grew up because her beliefs and way of thinking were very different from the rest of her family. Still is gaslit by the rest of the family, btw. But she's made it as far as she has, so I think that you can make it too. You've made it this far already, after all. You just need to bear it out a little longer, and then you can--this is a saying in Chinese--open your wings and fly far, far away.
As I think you understand, you can't get away just yet (don't have the financial independence yet, nor the made college decision), so just bear it for one and a half more years. During that time, try to feel more neutral about things. It's easier said than done, obviously, I know that, but here's one area that might help? Instead of focusing on the faults of your mom and what impact they have on your relationship (and you), consider how she is more from the lens of a stranger. I recommend reading What Is Man by Mark Twain (if you haven't read it already in APUSH) and considering the themes there, then relating them to yourself and those around you. I don't agree entirely with the perspective he presents there, but the one overarching idea that I do see as very worth considering is the one that humans are made of so many experiences that they may not even remember, and the mind's reactions to those experiences (more or less) make the person who they are now.
Now, I don't know how much your mom tells you about her youth, her experiences, and such. My mom tells me everything she can remember, and dang is her memory good, which is kinda funny considering the earlier comparison tbh. But this ain't about my mom, even though I'm tempted to make it about her xD. The point is that from my outsider's perspective, I have some facets of your mom pieced together. I know that she can be quite transphobic and doesn't accept parts of you. I know that in my view, she's probably kinda nutty when it comes to religion (I hope this doesn't come across too badly.) But I also know that she can try her best to be a good mom. Yes, as today's youth, we think that parents should accept us for who we are, gender identity, romantic orientation, and all that; and as the next generation of parents, we might exhibit those views. But that's us. What about those from the past? Many people haven't arrived at that conclusion yet, or exhibit hypocrisy regarding actual actions related to it. We don't need to tolerate them at all times; but sometimes, when they're worth the effort to us, it's worth considering why they're the way they are, and why they can be more tolerable.
The facets of your mom that I was pointing out earlier include: She got pregnant at a young age. She probably was raised around the area that you are in now, or at least in the region. She was also probably forced to go to church since she was young and now mirrors the beliefs forced onto her, since she thinks that those are her own views as well. And she thinks that making you, her children, go to church, is being good for you. It'll lead to you getting to salvation or whatever the heck the benefits of going to church will be. And yes, her enforcing those beliefs onto you and your siblings is incorrect in my view, and definitely leads to rifts between your and her relationship (but then again, I haven't come across any religious parents who give their children until 18 or so to decide if they want to go to church or whatever. So, that's consistent across the board).
But, consider: Why is she like the way she is? Were her parents (or one of them) people who shouldn't have had kids but did anyways (there are a concerning amount of people who are like that)? Were they sexist, abusive, deeply religious (in not a good way), even if more implicitly? How did they treat her? How was she treated by other kids and other adults? Even if the reasons weren't that extreme, how many ideas--that we have access to now--did she never have a chance to formulate, because maybe she went in that direction and immediately got rejected, or rejected herself from doing so because of those influences? If you think about it that way, it's basically just sympathy from the view of someone--you--who was born different and came to realize more things than those around them.
Can your mom be somewhat inadequate and ignorant in some areas? Yes. Can she have reasons for that inadequacy and ignorance? Yes. But can she also be your mom, with those inadequacies and ignorance? I think, yes.
In actuality, there is no perfect parent, because there is no perfect human. I think that you've made it clear that you love your mom and she loves you as well, though sometimes, she has traits that err towards being utterly incompatible with your beliefs. But instead of thinking that it's your fault for being different or being frustrated that she just can't seem to realize those things that seem more like common sense to you and us, consider the fault lying on the negative influences that have led to some of her flaws today. 
And, you know, you don't have to always stick with her. Even family needs breaks from each other. All of it is just a balance you have to strike so that you can exist as who you are without jutting too much into her current beliefs. Who knows--she might change towards the better with time.
And in the meantime, I think and believe that you will come across people who are more compatible with you--people you'll cherish and who will cherish you. So, I hope that you look forward to that. Remember, there is nothing wrong with being yourself as long as you continue a reflective mindset. Just don't be too reflective to the point of unreasonableness (: .

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 5, 2022 22:28:36  #1025

Hwhcjajcjjsf thanks

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 00:03:26  #1026

Y'know, this is random as heck, but I've been pondering whether or not to say this for a few days so I'm just gonna say it
What do you think about Fate's themes?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 00:08:33  #1027

Themes? Wdym? owo

Also when are we not random? Honesty, our whole friendship is "Let's add some spice into our conversation" and we both pour in spices like Tajín and habanero peppers XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 00:30:43  #1028

True,
But when it comes to themes,,, "nvm" moment xD

For context, I was gonna ask you if you wanted to do an AU for Fate (so I could disappoint you again with the lack of responses and low-quality replies when they did exist), but for universes that I do understand, themes are really important to me (in terms of staying true to them or at least exploring around them/around similar themes), so nvm xD 
If you feel like going into the series though, let me know lol. It can be fun to discuss. Though I haven't really been actually watching/reading its stuff outside of lore and F/GO so lol

Also I did wanna emphasize "universes 'that I know'" because idk Danganronpa's themes. So, for me, an AU theme is "minimize angst." Yeah.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 00:59:44  #1029

Noooo, I wanna hear more now XD because OwO at the AU concept, plssss Galaxian you can't do this to me. You can't ask a question, bring up an AU concept, and just abandon me with my emotions bsjcjwkckwkf you can't get me curious like this and excited and just Leave XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 01:16:34  #1030

Or I could've never specified you greedy cakepop :-P xD
Anyways it's honestly nothing special, just heroes killing each other over a cup, just like the gods intended

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 01:34:46  #1031

Nqjfkakcjkaf GREEDY CAKEPOP XD I think that's the best insult you've given so far XD mmm cakepop you can't do this to meee, I have seniority; I'm an old peepaw, Galaxian XD

OWO tell me more O W O

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 01:48:47  #1032

You clearly missed all the times where I've called my senior family members (by blood, but who cares about that at this point) idiots lol xD

Honestly there's not much to tell 'cause you haven't delved into the series xF but I do have to say that the world would be based off the other Fate AU I'm doing with Specter. You probably see us two talk about it sometimes; it's abbreviated to F/DA. Ah yes, naming. Another part of AU creations that I do not like. So that might be an oof in terms of me not knowing what to focus on. Or maybe not. Idk.
But going off of what Specter and I did for F/DA (lol it's almost been a year now that I think about it), essentially both of us each compile at least 7 characters each--3 Masters and 4 Servants, or 4 Servants and 3 Masters, and maybe some other characters depending on the worldbuilding. And then we probably never progress because I don't like killing off characters (': F/DA was a bad ideaaaa~
It was literally just based off of "Hey what if Dion and Wiley had to work together in a Fate world" at like 1 A.M. so technically I never should have expected much in the first place lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 01:53:53  #1033

How dare you treat Peepaw Echo this way XD

O W O

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 02:06:02  #1034

xF

And so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 02:13:41  #1035

HancmwkkfJWJFJKWKCKQJCNK1KCKWLTJQOJFO1BR

Bwbfjwkfk I wanna draw Forums Hitan, all I imagine is this little blond kid with freckles and a little tooth gap and it's so cute in my mind but nqndjakf I want to ask if I can draw him like that? Idk why but I just imagine him that way? XD also does Forums Hitan have little wings?

HC that if he does, Silence makes him sit down so she can use a special brush to keep his wings clean and neat

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 02:29:11  #1036

haha topic avoided like a pro

Draw him however you'd like, just please without gore lol as it is with all my characters
Can't say no to "fanart" xD
He has on a costume specifically with little wings. He never actually shows his actual wings (though forum!Silence saw those in the past, kinda. They were basically the size for GGaD!Hitan's wings when he was in his teens so lol.) I like to think that Silence made it for him since he kept bugging her for it during the first Halloween they had with him at his current age, and then he just kept wearing it every day lol.
Envy xD. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2022 07:39:09  #1037

XD

Awww that's so cute ajdjwjjcjs I also like that costume HC aww jwbfjwjfks

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 13, 2022 15:28:05  #1038

xD Glad you like it!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2022 22:54:59  #1039

Is Forums Hitan any specific ethnicity?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 17, 2022 23:32:17  #1040

Yeah, he's an Angelic Weasel. He continues to be the ethnicity's first and founding member

In more seriousness, I think only certain forumers actually have ethnicities (specifically in the age where they exhibited a lot more connection to the real world and their counterparts in such. It made sense, I guess). Or maybe some characters do? But I don't think of an ethnicity when I think of Hitan, really, 'cause to identify with an ethnicity, one would have to be at least familiar with its culture. So the answer is no. It was really so hard to get to, right. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2022 23:58:48  #1041

Coolio, thank

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 5, 2022 15:04:43  #1042

Just wanting to let you know that PMs probably don't work or something for some reason so don't be confused when you log back into BH, I did in fact send you PMs but I don't think they are going through (':

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 8, 2022 17:55:32  #1043

Your PMs did send through, but I can't read them when I don't log in.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2022 23:36:59  #1044

You, me, C H A T :D

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 12, 2022 23:37:21  #1045

I had to add the smiley because it would have read ominously if I didn't

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 12, 2022 23:44:44  #1046

Well you sound real inclusive xD
Uhhh I think the site broke bruh
Like am I showing? For me it's a complete white screen lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2022 23:47:47  #1047

Okay so Rumbletalk doesn't work
I sent the link on my homethread lol yay accommodate me :3

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2022 23:49:38  #1048

XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 13, 2022 00:06:01  #1049

Sorry I was trying to untie a curtain but the knot was really tight and my fingers are so weak

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 10, 2022 00:23:05  #1050

Hey,

I was wondering if you'd like to chat? I don't want to keep you up too late, but I'll be there 'til midnight here, so that you can get your sleep for driving and stuff.
Link is this.
No worries if you miss this. I don't have anything I need to say, and anyways, the chat might be awkward if you do come. I feel like I've been pretty bad at live chatting as of late.
Also please do let me know if you get on before midnight here; it's for reference, in case my internet can't hold up and I have to exit the tab.
Thanks!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera