HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2024 01:55:35  #2941

Re: A Thread for Echo to Put Down RP and Character Ideas/Headcanons/Plans

Starting a DnD campaign with my roommate and a couple of our friends and I'm absolutely in love with the character I made

His name is Lemon the Aid, he's a fighter class satyr. And I would die for him fr

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 26, 2024 01:56:43  #2942

Echowo wrote:

Starting a DnD campaign with my roommate and a couple of our friends and I'm absolutely in love with the character I made

His name is Lemon the Aid, he's a fighter class satyr. And I would die for him fr

My roommate is our DM and we were discussing backstory stuff for whenever she wants to Lore Drop and I'm both TERRIFIED and excited about what we have in store for Lemon. RIP Lemon but this is going to be SO FUN

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 26, 2024 14:50:27  #2943

is lemon the aid the designated healer and/or helepr?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

February 26, 2024 15:11:48  #2944

He's a fighter that specifies in protection. His name is related more to backstory stuff and his personality uwo

Here's some sketches of him. He's also 5'3/small and he's cute and I love him. He's slightly inspired by Mash Kyrielight from Fate/Grand Order (especially with the big shield)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 27, 2024 00:06:39  #2945

Discussed more with my DM/roommate and Lemon is kinda more of a tank/sacrificial lamb, for the team

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 13, 2024 22:44:04  #2946

LEMON THE AID WAS ABLE TO OBTAIN A PET OWLBEAR

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 14, 2024 14:37:31  #2947

Echowo wrote:

Oh DND dude? EWWW dude EWWW what a nerd dude wow I couldn't see myself doing that and spending loads of time and effort on that stuff. 

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 14, 2024 20:27:10  #2948

Time wrote:

Echowo wrote:

Oh DND dude? EWWW dude EWWW what a nerd dude wow I couldn't see myself doing that and spending loads of time and effort on that stuff. 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 15, 2024 14:05:42  #2949

Why are you pointing at me? Are you accusing me of something? I couldn't see what you'd be pointing at me for. Its not like I vividly write every detail the party takes as a scribe/notetaker or something. No I'd never do something like that nerdy. Let alone play DnD.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 19, 2024 12:31:14  #2950

I can see Malaika loving cats and the first time she sees Seis in their demonic form, she grabs their hand and squishes the paw pads and does the thing you do with cats lmao

The Seis, Malaika, and Silencio trio is low key so fun to think about, they're the silliest and I think are the closest in the GBBs, but that also is mainly thinking of them outside of GGaD lmao

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 22, 2024 12:03:29  #2951

Seis is canonically a Gamer which objectively is much worse than being a blood-craving demon

Also I really need to draw them having Gaming Rage lmao I think it would be so funny

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 25, 2024 01:13:51  #2952

Oh the owlbear ended up being named Karna <3

Also I think it's not far fetched to say that Seis and Silencio have wrested each other over Mario Cart or Wii Sports (or any competitive game in general tbh)

Lmao I love imagining them playing Ao Oni together for the first time (tbh it's Seis playing and Si watching) and it's just them cursing at each jumpscare lmao until the shock factor wears off and then they start making fun of the oni

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 26, 2024 11:40:16  #2953

Francis is kinda funny as a character because he's Tortured but also Oui Oui Baguette. And he's very polite about all of this

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 26, 2024 11:41:09  #2954

Yes he has bribed people into letting him paint them but. He's so wonderful

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 3, 2024 01:53:46  #2955

Sure Apollo/Atlas may be Doomed and has learned helplessness but boy oh boy, isn't he just a sweet fellow!

Also update, Apollo's name is Atlas due to me not wanting him to be named after me anymore also I have Lore about Ruin's name but I'll share that at a different time @~@

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 3, 2024 02:14:37  #2956

Echowo wrote:

Francis is kinda funny as a character because he's Tortured but also Oui Oui Baguette. And he's very polite about all of this

I need to go over his abilities as an angelic being but >v<

Also I love to compare him and Seis, it's very fun. I realized recently that they have quite a few unintentional parallels and interesting contrasts

Like, Seis is, in a very general/simplified definition, a demon king. While Francis is a, also simplified definition here, a mix between a prince and a servant. However, Seis isn't aware of himself until much later on in life, while Francis has known and ignored himself from a very young age

With Seis, Seis is unknowing of his parents, while Francis known his parents. Both come from separate occults as well, which is interesting to me. Francis is still very connected to the occult he originated, in terms of some of the ideals (additionally, it's interesting to think of how his father's abuse had effected him and his view of religion hmm!), and Seis has never known any specific religion. Even more so, Francis has a lot of trauma from being "controlled"/the concept of autonomy being taken away from him, while Seis has the problem of his grandfather accidentally giving Seis too much freedom/not enough boundaries or proper teaching in self control. Not that his grandfather doesn't care about him, but rather Sweet Gherkin's own past made him scared of accidentally being over-controlling of Seis, which caused him to do the reverse

I feel like if they were in an early 2000's anime, a lot of people would have made those edgy angel/demon fanart of them. By the gods, I need to make edgy angel/demon fanart of them XD

This probably sounds really dumb and simple XD but it's interesting to ME

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 3, 2024 23:59:55  #2957

Echowo wrote:

Sure Apollo/Atlas may be Doomed and has learned helplessness but boy oh boy, isn't he just a sweet fellow!

Also update, Apollo's name is Atlas due to me not wanting him to be named after me anymore also I have Lore about Ruin's name but I'll share that at a different time @~@

Atlas is so funny because he needs to look in a mirror for once and actually say nice stuff about himself

I feel like Ruin wouldn't have celebrated his birthday before until Atlas and hahdnakdkma Atlas would make up a day and tell Ruin that they're celebrating and it's a very cute and fun thing

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 7, 2024 02:02:23  #2958

Alma is as if a mother was male

I really need to re-write a bunch of character descriptions/remake/rewrite forms but. That takes work

Also I have been angsting about HDK. He needs friends

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 12, 2024 11:58:33  #2959

Atlas gives the vibes that he would step in if you were struggling to open a jar and also immediately struggle to open the jar

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 14, 2024 12:21:22  #2960

The hard thing about writing Ruin and Atlas is their relations to the Occult. Mainly because it's very complex, much more than I actually write about or admit on here. Of course, people don't stay in a miserable place for no reason. And thinking about them has made me think more about my views on religion and how that also effects my writing, because obviously I will mentally focus on the worse aspects more than the good due to how religion personally effected me. But for Ruin and Atlas, there is a more complicated affection for their religion and the community that comes with it.

Like, the reason people stay in religion is because it has good aspects, like a community, a sense of familiarity, the ritual/schedule it brings. And being religious can bring a sense of comfort. Even the act of praying can be comforting for people

So basically I'm saying that yeah I post A LOT about the negatives of the Occult, but I do in fact think about the positives. Sometimes. Usually when I (personally/nonshared) write or think about Ruin and Atlas.

They're both very complex people, much more than I can give justice in my writing, which scares me. I fear I will not be able to bring out the emotions they feel, the mix of grief yet connection they have to their religion and beliefs. Even the feeling of desperation, or the feeling of hope, I fear I won't be able to accurately ever write that portrait

I personally also really connect with Ruin a lot, but tbf I put a lot of myself in him, if that makes sense. He reminds me of my younger self, I think, but purer in virtue. It's the inner confliction he has that I relate to, in a way. The wanting to please your family but being unsure if you actually believe in the same thing, and then grasping at straws to find some form of hope or faith and ending up falling into desperation due to the guilt of the truth. And then the shame of "proving" the negative aspects /traits people tell you that only sinners have or only "bad" groups of people indulge in. And then forcing yourself more and more into it to attempt to alleviate the shame, and repeating a cycle of fear and anxiety. Especially the fear of everyone finding out that you have "false faith".

Ik originally I made Ruin blind for angst purposes, but I think now in the Current Day it makes for a great allegory of how something can be pushed onto you and make you unable to consider other options, considering his blindness is caused by his grandfather's magic (this is in reference to Ruin being a "prince", aka next in line to be his village's leader/priest after his grandfather, and being raised with high expectations and no choice but to obey). Additionally, in my writing, I do plan for his vision to slowly heal while he is with Atlas, which also gives way to symbolize their relationship and the mental healing and realizations Ruin goes through/showing the process of healing from trauma

So anyway lmao, just thinkin'. I do think Ruin, despite having a lot of loneliness growing up and enduring a lot of physical and mental abuse, does have some sort of love for his village and grandfather. It's a very conflicting and painful love, but I think he has learned helplessness that Atlas gets him to break away from (despite Atlas also having a type of learned helplessness in terms of his own beliefs in the Occult). Additionally, for Ruin, it's also the only thing he knows before Atlas, so he doesn't recognize the pain/had become desensitized to everything (Additionally, a lot of it is Ruin repressing emotion)

Idk man I'm just rambling at this point, Ruin is so interesting to me

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 15, 2024 12:31:19  #2961

Atlas having a sort of savior complex while not being able to save himself is so habdhajdja to me

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 16, 2024 09:58:18  #2962

Why can I imagine Si, Seis, and Malaika all singing Rock Lobster so perfectly

It's like. Their song. They would blare it in the car while Si is driving them all somewhere

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 17, 2024 19:57:08  #2963

Echowo wrote:

Why can I imagine Si, Seis, and Malaika all singing Rock Lobster so perfectly

It's like. Their song. They would blare it in the car while Si is driving them all somewhere

I always forget how good this song is until I listen to it 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 18, 2024 19:12:23  #2964

Most underrated trio was Violeta, Solaris, and Calix from the HP! AU, was thinking about them earlier and thinking about what MENACES they were before Violeta and Solaris dropped out

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 22, 2024 23:56:20  #2965

I need to make a relationship chart but here is some Thoughts

Silencio is interesting to me because I feel like they picked up A Lot of Alma's traits. Aka having that sort of very caring personality, however Si is also very roughhousing-y and loud and I love them very much

I also keep forgetting to mention it, but in the world in my mind, Si and Malaika are "casually dating"/sorta never announced that they're dating or really talked about it but everyone kinda just. Knows. (including the two who are actually dating lmao) and it's kinda funny to me, especially contrasting Si to Alma in terms of romance/their traits when it comes to romance

Like, I feel like Si and Malaika just. Are dating but they never explicitly have talked about it, it just ended up kinda happening hmm

Part of me thinks the reason an actual talk about it hasn't happened yet is specifically their views on romance/both of them having very complex emotions about romance in relation to their parents and trauma, and both of them are awkward young adults who both know they really should have a conversation about it but are nervous about leaving an area of comfort

I feel like both eventually would definitely have a talk about it and clear up their relationship and have a more defined romance, however I also think it would take encouragement for that to happen

Going further, I think Silencio would bring up the idea of having a conversation first due to having a better support system at home. But also because of Seis and Seis being like "Dude you really should have a talk with her, you're stressing yourself out"

(Lmao after Seis giving Si the encouragement to talk to Malaika, Si immediately going "So you wanna talk about your feelings for Francis or-" and getting an Xbox control chucked at them XD)

Idk, it's a dynamic between the two that is very interesting to me, especially considering their pasts and struggles in dealing with emotions in general

They work very well together, however, somewhat surprisingly

Si is actually very gentlemanly though despite their usual vulgar self, which is also interesting to me. It's kinda funny to imagine them getting a bit flustered XD. Malaika is a bit more of the assertive one, but not by much I think. Maybe it's more of her being the one who just gets flustered less noticeably XD

I still like imagining them going to prom together, it's cute to me. High school sweethearts without exactly being sweethearts but also are? XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 22, 2024 23:59:24  #2966

I honestly can't imagine angst for their relationship outside of having an uncomfortable conversation. Echo's healthiest OC ship confirmed???? Weirdly they just work really well ig XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 23, 2024 00:07:35  #2967

Wait cause why are those two actually adorable together. Like, ik I've headcanoned them dating for a while, but still XD

Silencio: "Papá, I have to admit something. I am in love with Malaika. Any advice on how to tell her?"

Alma, who thought the two were officially dating since early high school: (short circuits from surprise) "Y-you. You what-"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 23, 2024 00:20:30  #2968

Alma: "You went to prom together??? Have held hands in public??? I'm pretty sure I've seen her kiss your cheek before??? You have referred to her as 'bebé'?? Isn't her name in your phone 'Mí vida' with, like, an ungodly amount of hearts???"

Silencio: "...So about that-"

Silencio speed running Alma having a crisis over how much he actually knows about Si and Malaika's relationship is just really funny to me. He really is like "YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH HER AND DIDN'T TELL HER YET??? YOU CAN STICK TO A BIT BUT NOT A RELATIONSHIP??? YOU WEREN'T OFFICIAL THIS ENTIRE TIME??? DOES SHE KNOW THAT???" obviously Alma would be much more calm on the outside because his child is in distress over all this but I'm just imagining that on the inside he's having A Moment because he was So Sure they were official

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

April 23, 2024 00:24:56  #2969

Reminds me that in the world in my mind, Echo/Ophelia gets a momentary crush on a saytr girl in her class and risks her life going to church over it

So I think having a Dumb Dumb moment when it comes to romance is just an Amor Family trait at this point

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera