HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 7, 2022 09:33:26  #2431

Re: A Thread for Echo to Put Down RP and Character Ideas/Headcanons/Plans

Lanyon's intro but it's him freaking out and instead of him introducing himself, he just screams and then the sound abruptly cuts off as he fades from the screen XD

Book spoiler for context

Context: in the book he is a nonbeliever of pseudo science and literally seeing Hyde turn back into Jekyll made him so in-shock that he DIES smh so dramatic lmao so I think him being a servant would absolutely freak him out

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 7, 2022 17:39:31  #2432

Echo wrote:

Jekyll and Lanyon are arguing and Jekyll is holding the Elixir up to his lips and threatening to bring out Hyde XD

Utterson picks Lanyon up by the back of his shirt while dragging Jekyll by the ear and they both get put into time out XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 7, 2022 17:43:49  #2433

Echo wrote:

Echo wrote:

Jekyll and Lanyon are arguing and Jekyll is holding the Elixir up to his lips and threatening to bring out Hyde XD

Utterson picks Lanyon up by the back of his shirt while dragging Jekyll by the ear and they both get put into time out XD

Idk much about Mordred but I can see them making fun of both the Doctors lmao

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 16:06:22  #2434

Lanyon is a Caster but he has a madness enhancement and he has Anxiety RIP but him being freaked out over magic is super hilarious to me and I think it has potential lmao

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 17:34:38  #2435

Oh the madness enhancement mostly just strengthens his disbelief in magic and sorta makes him go kinda like "This can't be real... This can't be real... I don't understand!" RIP but lmao

Also I'm listening through servants' voice lines and one of Enkidu's (I think one of the damage ones?) Is such Gender Envy. Like, the little growl at the end is what's giving me Envy lmao XD out of all things!

All of Hektor's voice lines give me gender envy too wjdnakckak that's a given tho XD

Same with Rama and Changgong tbh, they also give me gender envy weirdly enough

Also I noticed in one of Hektor's voice lines, he goes "One...two...three...ha!" (Or something like that iirc) and it's Similar to Paris' NP voice line!!!! I think that's really cute wbbfnakd sorta implies Paris is copying his older brother in a way aww

Also curse warning but I found this text post meme that for some reason I want to draw as Enkidu and Gil and it goes:

" Do you ever do anything except whine like a little bitch?"

"Sometimes I whine like a BIG bitch."

But imagine it as Enkidu the first line and Gil the second line

Idk why but it's been stuck in my brain XD

Also whbfkakcks WHY is one of Enkidu's ascension lines "(Munch, munch, munch." ? XD I like the implication that they're eating the ascension materials and fits with my HC of them eating random things that shouldn't be eaten

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 17:39:51  #2436

I like to think that Enkidu's holy grail voice line is them attempting to make a joke but they are ending up sounding very serious XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 17:44:46  #2437

Hsbdjwkcns Paris baa'ing like a sheep in one of the skill voice lines is so funny to me. I like to think he does it regularly in conversation aww XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 17:55:15  #2438

Wait lowkey I kinda want to make it that Paris was Romeo's first summoned servant and then sometime after, Hektor was the second servant because I think it would be really funny if when Hektor's introducing himself and gets to the "Have you heard of me?" part, Romeo cuts him off and is like "wAIT HOLY HECK, YOU'RE PARIS' BROTHER!!! HE TOLD ME SO MUCH ABOUT YOU!!!" XD but also RIP Romeo because Paris would def drag him around everywhere XD

I kinda wanna draw Romeo and Paris both petting the Apollo Sheep and both of them being in amazement about how many there are XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 17:56:13  #2439

Echo wrote:

Hsbdjwkcns Paris baa'ing like a sheep in one of the skill voice lines is so funny to me. I like to think he does it regularly in conversation aww XD

Also I just realized how many of Paris's lines are in English, which is interesting to me!

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 19:50:36  #2440

Mr. Utterson Skill Set Concepts

Investigate
-Removes buffs for all enemies OR one enemy (I'm scared I'll make him too OP lmao)
-Applies "defense down" for one enemy

Gentleman's Charm
-Medium chance (OR small chance, not sure yet) to charm one enemy
-Applies "attack up" for team OR raises NP strength for team OR applies "Debuff resistance up" for team OR applies "arts up" for team (Help)

A Friend's Advice
-Raises NP gauge for one Servant
-Applies "defense up" for one Servant

Stat Chart:
Mana: D
Luck: EX
Endurance: A
NP: B
Strength: C
Agility: A (may be changed to B)

Battle Start Dialogue
-"Oh! It's time to battle!"
-"Forgive any mistakes I make, please!"
-"Hm! This will surely be interesting."

Attack Dialogue:
-"Pardon!"
-"Hello!"
-"Apologies!"

Damage Dialogue:
-"Geez!"
-"...Ow..." (Meant to be delayed)
-"How rude!"

Skill 1:
-"I seek the truth."

Skill 2:
-"My friends, let's do our best!"

Victory Dialogue:
-"Is everyone okay?"
-"Sorry for any mistakes I made."
-"Hm! Are you okay?"

Noble Phantasm: "If He Be Mr. Hyde, I Shall Be Mr. Seek

-Applies "Ignore invincible" OR applies "sure hit"
-Deals damage to one enemy
-Applies "defense up" for Utterson
-Applies "debuff resistance up" for Utterson (MAYBE, I really don't want to make him OP wnnfkwkfkw)

NP Dialogue
-"No time for hesitation! -NP name-!"
-"For my dearest friends! -NP name-!"
-"I shall not be fooled! -NP name-!"

Decapitated:
-"Sorry... please, take care and... do your best..."
-"Ah, it's okay... I'm proud of you..."
-"Sorry, dear friend... I failed you..."

Level up dialogue:
-"Thank you! Now I can be of better service."

Ascension 1 Dialogue:
-"Hm? How useful! I hope I can better assist you now."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 20:17:22  #2441

Hektor: *About Romeo* "He looks extremely distressed. Like he is afraid he will throw up soon."

Astolfo, trying to be positive: "And gorgeous!"

Rama and Hyde, coming to an agreement: "It's okay to murder, but it is never okay to disrespect your wife."

Edit: Accidentally put Romeo instead of Hyde RIP

Hektor, after meeting BoeD: "Women need to start killing more. I trust women to know who needs to be killed."

Hyde, to Paris: "If you find me during Hide and Seek, I'll (beep)ing kill you."

Paris, nervously sweating:

Hyde, gesturing to himself: "Is there any hotter look than disheveled and slightly bloody?"

Hyde: "Blood is, of course, the greatest fashion statement!"

Hyde: "I swing both ways. Aggressively. With a dagger. To make sure no one comes near me."

Astolfo: "Screw therapy, I'm becoming a knight."

Hyde: *counting on fingers*

Romeo: "All I asked was how old you are."

Hyde, in tears: "Can you shut the hell up for a moment?"

Opera Phantom OR Lanyon: "Oh? You're my friend? Then name three of my psychotic delusions."

Last edited by Echo (November 8, 2022 22:52:37)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 8, 2022 20:18:00  #2442

Echo wrote:

Mr. Utterson Skill Set Concepts

Investigate
-Removes buffs for all enemies OR one enemy (I'm scared I'll make him too OP lmao)
-Applies "defense down" for one enemy

Gentleman's Charm
-Medium chance (OR small chance, not sure yet) to charm one enemy
-Applies "attack up" for team OR raises NP strength for team OR applies "Debuff resistance up" for team OR applies "arts up" for team (Help)

A Friend's Advice
-Raises NP gauge for one Servant
-Applies "defense up" for one Servant

Stat Chart:
Mana: D
Luck: EX
Endurance: A
NP: B
Strength: C
Agility: A (may be changed to B)

Battle Start Dialogue
-"Oh! It's time to battle!"
-"Forgive any mistakes I make, please!"
-"Hm! This will surely be interesting."

Attack Dialogue:
-"Pardon!"
-"Hello!"
-"Apologies!"

Damage Dialogue:
-"Geez!"
-"...Ow..." (Meant to be delayed)
-"How rude!"

Skill 1:
-"I seek the truth."

Skill 2:
-"My friends, let's do our best!"

Victory Dialogue:
-"Is everyone okay?"
-"Sorry for any mistakes I made."
-"Hm! Are you okay?"

Noble Phantasm: "If He Be Mr. Hyde, I Shall Be Mr. Seek

-Applies "Ignore invincible" OR applies "sure hit"
-Deals damage to one enemy
-Applies "defense up" for Utterson
-Applies "debuff resistance up" for Utterson (MAYBE, I really don't want to make him OP wnnfkwkfkw)

NP Dialogue
-"No time for hesitation! -NP name-!"
-"For my dearest friends! -NP name-!"
-"I shall not be fooled! -NP name-!"

Decapitated:
-"Sorry... please, take care and... do your best..."
-"Ah, it's okay... I'm proud of you..."
-"Sorry, dear friend... I failed you..."

Level up dialogue:
-"Thank you! Now I can be of better service."

Ascension 1 Dialogue:
-"Hm? How useful! I hope I can better assist you now."

Forgot to add that I spent two days trying to come up with stuff lmao XD

Any advice or criticism is welcome because I feel like I made him too OP

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 9, 2022 12:54:14  #2443

I'm no gameplay expert, so I can't give much advice other than that whether a character is OP or not really depends on the percentages of the effects and the cooldowns. And also the situation, of course; for example, some Servants are almost entirely restricted to farming, while others excel in Challenge Quests (CQs). That being said, I can attempt to give some specifications right after this.

As a note, "Endurance" might mean something different than what you're thinking if you're thinking of the more typical, everyday definition. It actually means something along the lines of "how much damage a Servant can withstand," rather than "how long a Servant can fight." You might already know this from parameters research though! Parameters in general are not really pertinent in F/GO gameplay, being more relevant in lore instead, so I won't focus much on them.

First skill:
Buff removal isn't too uncommon. Skills-wise, Osakabehime's third skill removes buffs for one enemy, Rider Martha removes buffs for one enemy, and Summer Abigail Williams removes buffs from one enemy. NP-wise, Amakusa Shirou removes all buffs from all enemies before impact, Abigail removes all buffs from a single enemy before impact, Medea removes all buffs from one enemy after impact, and Miyamoto Musashi removes all buffs from one enemy after impact. And more specifically, Chiron's NP removes all defensive buffs before striking a single target, while Santa Nightingale removes the most recent buff from all enemies, being on the more limited scope, along with the most recent debuff from all allies that are there with her on the frontline.
As you can see, I think that buff removal is a very powerful tool (and hence why later enemies often have buff removal resistance or unremovable buffs), so it's important to factor in the lore behind the skill to decide its scope. Otherwise, outside of the single target/AOE designations, you could target specific types of buffs (offensive, defensive, etc.) to make the skill a little less OP, or you could do something like make the cooldown longer. Overall, the theme with my "observations" are just that using canonical Servants as reference is never a bad thing, though you shouldn't feel the need to be too restricted by them as long as what you're making up is rational (lol says me). It mostly just depends on what sort of role the Servant will most likely play, really.
Oh yeah! The closest person I can think of to this skill would be Sherlock Holmes, which is kinda unfair seeing as he is literally the world's greatest detective or whatever. But you could maybe reference his skills and Noble Phantasm to see the type of usage a detective-like character may be able to have.

Second skill: 
Charm is a very niche gameplay component. Charm lock teams exist but, again, they're very niche. So, a larger chance should be fine, but this might not be as useful for more challenging content, where enemies (Servants especially) have high debuff resistance or even full debuff resistance. What I'm trying to say is: This isn't really OP generally speaking, it depends on what the challenge level is for the fight you're in and the enemy's debuff resistance.
The buffs he gives again depend on uptime duration, cooldown, percentage, and team comp. I can't say much about it other than that wide generalization. Oh, also, offensive buff types multiply into each other, if that's important to you. Debuff resistance is much more niche, so I think it could be combined with at least one other effect. 

Third skill:
Not much to say here. Depends on the amount of gauge he'd give and the amount of defense up for that Servant. The most similar Servant I can think of is Mash, for obvious reasons. So yeah. You can reference her if you'd like too.

Noble Phantasm: 
Ignore Invincible is more OP than Sure Hit because Sure Hit pierces Evade while Ignore Invincible pierces Invincible and Evade (lol). I am not the most knowledgeable at remembering which Servants pierce defense/ignore invincible/apply sure hit though so I can't be very helpful there. But Tristan has Sure Hit on his NP, Musashi has Ignore Invincibility on a skill, Li Shuwen has Ignore Invincibility on a skill (one turn), Drake has a skill that ignores invincibility for three turns, Passionlip and Santa Altera both have skills that ignore invincibility for three turns (though Santa Altera has a removable demerit associated with it)...I think you're probably better off finding a list yourself than listening to me sporadically list people though xD.
Here are the lists--
Ignore Invincibility: https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Sub:Active_Skills/Buff/Ignore_Invincibility
Sure Hit: https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Sub:Active_Skills/Buff/Ignore_Evasion
Ignore Defense has some more "major" spoilers in there (or at least I noticed them this time lol), so view at your own risk. Won't be linking it for that reason though.

Overall, it's important to consider what activates the skill, its duration, and the lore and role of the Servant (again), as always.
Don't have much else to say xD damage depends on the card type and level scaling. Remember that if he's lower rarity the numbers may be different than higher rarity Servants (as NP levels are easier to raise for lower rarity Servants than higher rarity ones)

Hope this was somewhat helpful! Let me know if I can specify on anything. I might not be able to but I'll try, I think.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 9, 2022 13:55:09  #2444

Qhbcmakca I kinda want Utterson to be more of a "support" type or "tanking" type of Servant over "damage dealing" type of Servant, so that's why I decided his Endurance would be pretty high, if that makes sense? It was really hard to find stuff about parameters that wasn't outdated/from the 2015's lmao, but Yeah iirc you're right about what endurance does in game play. I also wanted to reference his backstory and all the crap he put up with in the book lmao XD

bro really lost both his friends tragically RIP, AND he managed to not have a nervous breakdown lmao

Also just giving him a higher defense/damage intake is just fun whbsnand

These are super helpful! I'll post rewrites of the skill in a bit

OwO I'll have to look at Holmes owowowowo, especially since "Investigate" is a reference to how Mr. Utterson was like in the book and stuff lmao, it's a very important skill to me XD

I mostly got the idea of sure hit from Billy the Kid so I'm glad there is other references for it with other servants owo thank! I think I might make Utterson's NP gauge probably harder to fill up and then let him have both buffs or something. I need to make a sketch/panels of his NP wjbdnwnd it's really cool

You are super helpful qhdnamkdkqaaaa thank you so much :D

If Fate won't give me a canon Mr. Utterson, I'll just make my own tempted to try to make him a sprite

Idk if it helps with giving advice, but Utterson is an Archer class (I decided to change his class) yippee

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 9, 2022 18:13:01  #2445

I forgot to post about how the other day I saw a bad take on a character and for a moment I could imagine what it's like for Galaxian or Specter to read my Fgo headcanons lmao

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 9, 2022 22:02:42  #2446

Okay so from what I understand from the comments, this song is suppose to be a sorta cover of "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles, so I am currently HCing this as either a GGaD! Hitan song OR a GGaD!Kaori/Akuma song 

Because angst 

Also habdjqmkckakd this is lowkey really pretty, especially around the end 

Edit: Also @Galaxian, I'm so sorry if this is inaccurate, it's just mostly Vibe Based 

Last edited by Echo (November 9, 2022 22:04:00)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 00:51:24  #2447

Hey, I appreciate you keeping my characters in mind! Thanks!
I just can't say much 'cause I feel like I'm missing a lot of context (i.e. I have never listened to a Beatles song and don't know when this song was released/written) but thanks again xD 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 15:32:48  #2448

Context I can give you is that the original song is very cheery and happy while this songs is,,, Not XD np!

Last edited by Echo (November 10, 2022 15:33:03)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 22:57:16  #2449

Fgo Lanyon's doodles and stuff are just him sobbing because he has to use magic because he's a Caster class and this is honestly the funniest concept I've come up with. A Caster scared of magic XD

RIP his madness enchantment also makes him immediately want to kill Hyde the second he sees him and won't stop until Jekyll comes back, and he also claims that his attempts to beat up Hyde are the cure for Jekyll to come back you could say he's making J/H pure by beating the hell out of them lmao He doesn't really want to hurt Jekyll, though, mostly just Hyde (and even then he feels a bit of guilt afterwards, because Jekyll is his friend despite that fact that they bicker about science

Don't worry, Mr. Utterson puts an end to all this nonsense the second he senses something Off and very quickly separates the two whenever Hyde is out that being said, Hyde definitely tries to actively get beat up just to inconvenience Jekyll, Utterson, and Lanyon

Last edited by Echo (November 10, 2022 23:05:53)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 22:58:33  #2450

Yeah, I think I saw somewhere that they were pondering using the drop of the atomic bomb to accompany the song, so it's probably not about poofy clouds and colorful rainbows xD, just a guess tho

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 22:59:02  #2451

Oops sorry I didn't mean to overwrite your newer post

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 23:03:10  #2452

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

WJJDKQKCKWKFK NO BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT IT WAS RELATED TO MY FGO POST AND IT TOOK ME A MOMENT TO REALIZE YOU MEANT THE ONE BEFORE IT SO I WAS LIKE "H U H ?" XD BECAUSE MY BRAIN STOPPED AFTER READING "Yeah, I think I saw somewhere that they were pondering using the drop of the atomic bomb" AND FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT YOU MEANT JEKYLL/HYDE XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 23:04:24  #2453

Echo wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

WJJDKQKCKWKFK NO BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON I THOUGHT IT WAS RELATED TO MY FGO POST AND IT TOOK ME A MOMENT TO REALIZE YOU MEANT THE ONE BEFORE IT SO I WAS LIKE "H U H ?" XD BECAUSE MY BRAIN STOPPED AFTER READING "Yeah, I think I saw somewhere that they were pondering using the drop of the atomic bomb" AND FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT YOU MEANT JEKYLL/HYDE XD

Also it's the fact I was ready to just accept that Fgo really is just is Like That

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 23:11:35  #2454

Tbh them dropping an atomic bomb would probably give them some plot relevance compared to what they currently have (an appearance in the London Singularity and summer events lol) so you wouldn't be too off

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 23:16:44  #2455

Summer Event but it's everyone trying to get Hyde to stop doing unethical science for Just One Moment PLEASE XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 23:32:38  #2456

I keep forgetting that in the world in my mind, Silencio literally has a shadow/dream demon living in their hair. It's not even their familiar, it's just a random demon that they made a deal with when they were a kid so they would stop having nightmares and would have protection

It likes to bother Alois as well, and it gets along greatly with Solaris (they like playing cards together)

It still doesn't have a name ajdjkancna RIP. It's not exactly fully "humanoid" either, and has a hard time speaking verbally, usually only using telepathy, which it can only use when attached to a body part of who it wants to talk to (so holding it could work too, but Silence just keeps it in their hair lol)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 10, 2022 23:46:11  #2457

I'm not sure if it has a full human cognition, and I imagine it acts more animal-like than other demons. Slight headcanon that due to being so close to Silencio's brain and being a type of demon that naturally seeks a host of some sort to keep it's life source going, it can sometimes intake specific aspects of its host's personality and/or humanity, which is why at some points it can seem more "human" than usual (which when it detaches from Silence, it can take a vague humanoid form and interact with other people). It can also learn "human" things, like cultural manners, ethics, and "common" knowledge, as well as scholarly topics like math and history. This is also why it likes to bother Alois XD

I honestly don't know much about it, I just usually dub it as "Hair Demon" XD
It likes to eat paper, which is unfortunate if Silence doesn't have a dream it can eat for long periods of time XD how are you suppose to explain to your teacher that your demon friend ate your homework

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 11, 2022 15:57:27  #2458

It's name is Duhge ("Dug" or "Doug") and I worked on it's concept a bit

I decided that it can take a humanoid form but it has to save up a lot of energy to do that, and it's body in the humanoid form is a bit weird and not exactly anatomically correct other than it's face and neck, like it's hands and feet are flat and it doesn't have any fingers or toes, and it's arms and legs look "blocky"

It also steals it's appearance from other people, as you can see it has a slight resemblance to Alois XD it definitely does that to be annoying, although it also has Solaris's beauty mark (on the "wrong side") and I gave it large ears with piercings like Silence

It's mostly a concept design tho and I'll probably later make it look more like Silence

I also tried drawing Kaori and Akuma lmao but I can't find my picture I took of Kaori so here is only Akuma (who I suspect did something to Kaori's picture smh)

I remembered Galaxian saying something about Akuma's hair being stringy but not being able to draw them without their hair looking like "from a hair product commercial" XD I tried to make it stringy (I probably failed as well lmao) and I also tried to make it an unholy mix of curly and straight and very very wild-looking

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 12, 2022 00:20:28  #2459

I forgot to add that I let one of my classmates name Duhge so credit to him for the name XD he said "...Doug but make it a really weird spelling" and honestly it was brilliant XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 12, 2022 00:36:25  #2460

I'm sorry, but you messed up. The correct spelling is

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed