HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2020 19:07:47  #31

Re: (@Xenon) Fate has decreed for...

He beams like he just single-handedly stopped global warming.
"What do you like to do with your friends?" he asks after a bit. Holy cow, this deity likes asking questions.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 28, 2020 19:17:01  #32

And that's when Delphi's openness abruptly snaps shut. Ouch, looks like you've hit a nerve. 
"I don't go out and do things with people. There's no time for that."

xenon 
he/him || 19 || god of scones || your local rebel noble gas

June 28, 2020 19:49:38  #33

"Right now?" Galaxian seems nonchalant, maybe because he hasn't realized her sudden change in demeanor. "Of course not. The war and such isn't over yet."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 19:50:47  #34

"No. Ever." Delphi says curtly. 

xenon 

June 28, 2020 19:57:35  #35

"So you don't train with them?" he asks.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 20:16:53  #36

That actually makes her pause and think for a second. "No," she decides. "I don't....no."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 21:18:51  #37

He doesn't judge, but he does find that curious. "So how do you know how they fight too?"

(Does her helping Micah with magic count as training lol)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 08:23:52  #38

//kiiiinda? though that's been more of a ggad fic thing than a canon thing since micah's been mia or with damian
"I mean...." Delphi shrugs. She's trying to think of her friends, and comes up short - she doesn't really feel like she has any, other than maybe Micah and Clay, though their relationships have been more "teacher-and-student" than "friend." Consequences of distancing yourself from everyone for a thousand years after a djinn slurps all the magic out of your girlfriend and murders her, I guess. 

xenon 

June 29, 2020 15:57:25  #39

She hasn't really answered the question, or at least that's what Galaxian thinks, since he isn't reading her mind or anything at the moment. He just slightly tilts his head.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 16:30:46  #40

"I don't. I don't really know other people very well." She says, eventually.

xenon 

June 29, 2020 17:02:27  #41

"Oh." He acknowledges that. Maybe she's a hermit who really likes to train or someone along those lines. "Well, we all start like that. So don't worry too much about it!" He makes his head upright again while he's talking, pondering what he should say so it doesn't get too awkward and adds, "Though you probably weren't worrying about it in the first place."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 17:10:30  #42

"Not really," Delphi replies. At least, until someone brings it up. So thanks." She still sounds a little bitter.

xenon 

June 29, 2020 20:27:43  #43

"You're welcome?" Galaxian doesn't really understand her sarcasm in her thanks, but he's also aware that she doesn't mean it in a positive connotation. "So, you probably want to keep training again, right? Sorry for interrupting you. Can I watch you?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 21:41:39  #44

Delphi hesitates for a second, then says, "Sure. Just stay out of the way."

She summons the avatars again and spins her spear around her wrist like a staff, then charges towards one of them.

xenon 

June 30, 2020 01:18:43  #45

Galaxian backtracks to a reasonable distance with a "Thanks!", though if his physiology is as wonked up as usual, she shouldn't be able to hit him. He watches her movements with intrigue.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 30, 2020 19:43:54  #46

Delphi uses her spear both as a weapon and as leverage for jumps - it must be heavy, if it holds her weight and balances so well, but she whips it around and jabs with one arm like it's nothing. 

xenon 

June 30, 2020 21:12:10  #47

Galaxian himself doesn't really use spears, but he has friends who do. He notes that if she ever wants to punch someone, he should try his best to not be that someone. Given that he's tangible, of course. Efficient as usual, he calculates how far she could launch him if her strength is able to exert a certain numerical amount of force.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2020 10:20:44  #48

Pretty far, if this is anything to judge by, though she doesn't have a habit of yeeting children, so he shouldn't worry.

Delphi spins and decapitates one of the avatars, which puffs out in a cloud of sparkles after its head hits the ground. 

xenon 

July 1, 2020 21:37:33  #49

(So other than just general training on part, did you have any idea what they should do? Normally I would say he'd want to do something with her but that was a huge mood wasn't it)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2020 22:04:03  #50

//i didn't, but he's welcome to ask her and persuade her that doing things with potential friends is a good thing

xenon 

July 1, 2020 22:21:18  #51

(Uh oh a challenge)

After a fair while has passed, Galaxian's still watching Delphi train while looking impressed. How is she? Is she tired yet? It'd be convenient if she's tired. If not, he's gonna ask anyways.
"Are you tired?" he asks while she's not prodding at an avatar with her spear.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2020 22:29:49  #52

"Nope," she says. "I don't get tired." She's down to one avatar at this point, and she stabs it through the heart, and it poofs out. "But breaks aren't always a bad thing."

xenon 

July 1, 2020 22:41:35  #53

("I don't get tired, I get results")

"They're definitely not," Galaxian advocates, probably having spent the past however-long thinking about her former stance on spending time with friends. The view had kind of conflicted with her apparent agreeability with his talking about spending time with friends after the war before her sudden dour mood when he mentioned spending time with friends generally. While he couldn't figure out why--it's not like he's a deity of angst backstories and can see that her last greatest friendship went less than well--he at least can tell that if she's against spending time with others and part of the supposed ideal future would hopefully involve her having time with friends to spend with them, it's not going to go down the best way. And like the deity who can sometimes be too helpful is, he really wants to at least lessen that mentality conflict in at least some way.
"What do you usually do during breaks?" he asks hopefully, managing to not say something very dense like "Eat snacks?" because everyone should know you don't eat junk food after exercising. Or training, in her case.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2020 22:50:24  #54

"Sleep or argue with my mother," Delphi replies, leaning on her spear. "Teach people runeweaving. Go to the Isle and check on things. Various things."

xenon 

July 1, 2020 23:35:37  #55

Galaxian looks too interested in everything, including sleep, and his intrigue piles up as she lists things. He's not too impressed with the arguing with her mother thing, though he's not too knowledgeable on it either. For a deity who has never had a family, it's just kind of a fact that he would think that family relationships should try to be as good as they can be. It'd be rude to ask why she'd argue with Singularity, though.
"Are you, like, the Isle's guardian or someone of that sort?" he asks.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2020 09:33:59  #56

"Something like that," she says. "It's more of my home than my domain. It's....peaceful. I go there when I need a moment of quiet," She sighs. "Until small children break into my cottage to say hello, but that's beside the point."

xenon 

July 2, 2020 11:20:20  #57

"You must be their idol," he says with a grin, though it's like half a joke and half his actual guess for what the small children see of her.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2020 12:58:43  #58

"Or one of those grumpy old people on their porches yelling 'get off my lawn'," Delphi replies, with half a smile. 

xenon 

July 2, 2020 13:23:12  #59

"They do that over there too?" Galaxian asks with a fair amount of what sounds to be disbelief. "Were you actually on their lawn?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2020 16:48:17  #60

"They were on my lawn," Delphi says. "And it's not really a lawn, more of a bunch of sand dunes and cattails."

xenon 

Board footera