HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2020 13:43:21  #1

(@Xenon) Fate has decreed for...

...two kinda-or-very sassy children meet in a (currently) unspecified location.
It would've been cooler for the title to have more characters allowed, but the character limit exists and it is not appreciated. Oh well.
Anyways, the kinda sassy child is just wandering along somewhere outside his domain looking for living entities to interact with. That's it. There's really not much else to it. He's just looking for friends or maybe beings who can become his friends. Of course, he's fairly alert, too, to his surroundings, which is hopefully a good thing.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 28, 2020 13:46:24  #2

Re: (@Xenon) Fate has decreed for...

Delphi's also in/around this unspecified location. She's conjured up a handful of battle avatars, and she's currently sparring with them. 

xenon 
he/him || 19 || god of scones || your local rebel noble gas

June 28, 2020 13:57:32  #3

The relative sound of sparring catches Galaxian's attention. While he himself does train excessively, he hasn't found many others doing so. As such, noise usually means fighting or a battle of the more direct and violent sort--as in with intent to kill, of course. And in this handily unspecified location, he can't really tell what's going on; unfortunately, some make short jokes (actually, no deity's ever really called him short or laughed at him for it, but maybe there are some unpleasant interactions off-camera) about him for reason.
Which means he does the wise thing--which is basically approach with no way of concealing himself. In his logic, it means he will appear harmless. To some others' interpretations, it could mean the opposite, so the wisdom of his choice of action is yet to be seen.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 14:02:56  #4

Delphi spots him immediately, pauses and sighs mid-battle, and waves her hand. The avatars poof away in clouds of sparkling dust. 

"So someone's finally found my secret sparring spot," She thumps the ball at the end of her spear onto the ground and leans on it. "What brings you here, traveller?"

xenon 

June 28, 2020 14:18:48  #5

Galaxian's level of relief upon seeing she's training is greater than it probably should be, and the fact that he finds it relieving that he's not the only kid who goes out training in weird spots is also too relieving to him to be normal. That said, he's around 4 or 5 years physically younger than her, but to him, a kid is a kid.
"Noises!" he answers, the best one he can give that can actually answer her question. "Your avatars are cool! Are they from magic or from material things?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 14:34:08  #6

"Magic," Delphi says. "A combination of runeweaving and some of my demigod magic, from my parents. I've started tapping into the latter recently, with some pretty interesting results," She tilts her head a little, studying Galaxian for a moment. "You're the invisible one. Except you aren't invisible anymore."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 14:42:50  #7

"I could be!" Galaxian says with a grin, actually trying to recall when he'd met her before. He did have some impressions of having done so, but for some reason, the impression was incredibly blurred. As such, he couldn't really think more about it. She didn't deserve to get a negative reaction just because she stated a fact. He adds, "That's cool. Does Nova's governance play a part into your demigod magic?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 14:46:38  #8

"Nova's governance, Singularity's raw power, and Xenon's knowledge" Delphi smiles a little - evidently Galaxian's is contagious. "Makes for some pretty interesting feats of magic, including those avatars."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 14:53:31  #9

The deity has transitioned his smile into an awed one, somehow. "Those are some really handy factors," he exclaims, as usual somehow more excited about it than one would expect. "I didn't know your magic is related to Xenon!"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 14:55:14  #10

"Yup," Delphi nods. "When Xenon wanted to immortalise the language of his people, he went to Nova, who gave it power, and then created me to be a....repository, of sorts, for all of it. That was before he created the rest of the Novaspawn though."

//i really need to do something with the novaspawn hmm

xenon 

June 28, 2020 15:08:40  #11

Galaxian's mind flashes through various definitions that didn't fit for "repository", including "building". He tries to think of her use of it as an abstract way. Still, he's visualizing some weird things. He nods to show basic understanding of what she means.
"Are Xenon and Nova friends?" he asks, remembering Nova to usually be a distant god who didn't bother tangling himself in most affairs, mortal or not.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 15:37:36  #12

"Not necessarily, though they were closer back when I was created. They hadn't interacted at all since then until Oganesson triggered Nova's corruption, if that counts as an interaction."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 15:54:19  #13

"I don't know what triggered it, but I guess that does kind of prove that Xenon at least knew Nova well enough to know what could corrupt him even after a period of time?" GalaxE tries.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 15:58:50  #14

"Yeah, and Oganesson's had a grudge against Nova for a while...." Delphi's smile fades. "It proved that Oganesson can access Xenon's headspace, which is....problematic for a number of reasons."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 16:22:38  #15

Galaxian really, really wants to ask about the tea--not for dramatic reasons, but because he's very concerned about the matter--but even he's aware that being too nosy isn't very appreciated by most, even if she's been willing to share a lot of things so far. He doesn't know Xenon's headspace well, either, but he presumes it's a deity domain, and most deity domains are kept closed from the general public for reasons including things in them can be dangerous or can be used for dangerous purposes.
"His headspace, as in his domain or part of it?" he tries to ask for clarification.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 16:56:39  #16

"No, like his actual brain," Delphi says. "Oganesson can access Xenon's memories and knowledge, which means he can do everything Xenon can and more, since Xenon couldn't access Oganesson. They share the same general.....body maybe isn't the right word, since they have their own forms, but I can't think of anything better." She thinks for a moment, then shakes her head. "Anyway, Xenon's trapped in Oganesson's mind....or something, so Oganesson can use him to figure things out. Which, to reiterate, isn't ideal."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 17:36:41  #17

Galaxian's aware that every corrupted deity is different, but he says, "Hopefully other than the similar mindset of sorts, Xenon isn't in a circumstance where he can be forced to help with Oganesson's needed solutions." He frowns at that for a moment, but his realization that he just came here, interrupted her training, and started talking takes the sudden priority. He's aware that she probably already knew he was a deity, but it's still weird to talk about Forengardian issues when he hasn't even introduced himself to her, so he adds, "Sorry for forgetting to say my name before, but I'm Galaxian Explosion, Galaxian for short. I forget if we were able to talk in the past."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 17:39:27  #18

"You were there when we found Micah, I remember you, I believe I threatened you with a spear. Sorry about that." Delphi doesn't remember if he gave his name, or if she gave hers. "I'm Delphi."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 17:43:31  #19

Galaxian perks up a little at the mention of Micah. Cool, a lot of people he has met are related! "That's fine," he says cheerily. "It was probably my fault. I probably snuck up on you invisibly, gauging from your earlier reference. That's not a very smart thing to do--" He laughs once realizing this time he basically snuck up on her again, though not invisibly, but continues with his smile again, "But it's nice to meet you again, Delphi."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 17:48:03  #20

"Nice to see you again too," Delphi says, offering another tiny smile. "I noticed you--" She mimics the perking up. "when I mentioned Micah - do you know him?"

xenon 

June 28, 2020 17:52:13  #21

"I kind of do," Galaxian says, kind of trying to figure out if he does. Knowing that Micah exists counts, right? "I saw him at a party Mockingjay hosted back in February. It was a holiday with a lot of pink and red and white and stuff...there were hearts too? Anyways, someone I know has been looking for him for a while! I want to help her find him at some point if I can, but we haven't been able to meet up for quite a while too."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 17:55:30  #22

"So he's alright," Delphi seems to deflate, leaning heavier on her staff. "If he went to a party, then he must be alright. That's good. I haven't seen him for a while either, and what with him getting kidnapped and what Oganesson did to him, I was worried." She rubs at her temples with one hand. "I don't like getting caught on both sides of this gods-damned war."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 17:59:46  #23

"I hope he is. Wars are...bad," the mostly peaceful god goes, for lack of a better word. He was cautious about using stronger words, even along the lines of "horrible", but isn't sure if somehow, with her being tied to both sides, that could be doubly offensive or something. "No matter whether it's between deities or not. But you're his friend, right, Delphi?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 18:02:36  #24

"I assume so," Delphi mumbles. "He's been avoiding me."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 18:06:46  #25

Galaxian's base instinct is actually to say "Ouch". He himself doesn't deal well with being avoided at all, either. After some careful rewordings, he just decides to ask, "Could something still be wrong with him? Like, would there be anything he doesn't want you to know or something?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 18:12:36  #26

"I'm not sure," Delphi says. "Last time we met, it wasn't on the best of terms. He...Oganesson possessed him and made him attack me, and I don't know how cleanly he snaps in and out of XE mode. Plus, his interactions with people are either avoidant or clingy, and mostly the former."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 18:18:06  #27

His dislike of Oganesson increases every day. Galaxian has a very solid grudge against possession for reasons he can't remember at the moment, but his expression does sour immediately.
"Can he de-activate the mode himself--with difficulty, presumably--or does he have absolutely no choice in the matter?" he mutters. He is well aware he's asking her a lot of questions in a matter he hasn't been the most involved in in the first place, but it's not as if the CDs have been too active as of recent. He'd arrived a few times to random chaos and general disruption, but they were more like phantoms as of recent than anything, like malevolent ghosts adding to the total number of threats and sources of terror. "I guess his overall attitude does make sense given where he's come from."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 18:37:18  #28

Delphi doesn't really mind giving out this information - she's still giving it out, and any friend of Micah deserves to know what's going on. 
"He doesn't have a choice," Delphi scowls. "He's tried to fight it before--" She stops abruptly. "Or he's going to...the past and the future get mixed up with him a lot, because it all repeats," She sighs [potentially again]. "I don't blame him for acting how he does, I just wish I could get him to trust me."

xenon 

June 28, 2020 18:44:25  #29

"He'll probably have to learn to do that again," Galaxian says in what he hopes is a reassuring tone. "Right now, there aren't really many opportunities for him to do that or for you to show that you can be trusted. But once the fiasco with the corrupted deities is over--" He makes a slight face, though it's not one that contradicts what he's saying. Will it be over? Once it is, it's not like there'll be peace and quiet. Gods, it's Forengard, there's never complete peace and quiet. "Hopefully he won't have to be so entangled in world-related matters," he plows on. "Like, maybe he'll have a lot of time with his friends, including you. It's good to have time to bond! And Xenon will probably be back too, so maybe he'll be able to try to reconnect with his family too." For someone who's usually a straight-out realist, he's doing a fairly good job of being pretty optimistic. "Oh! And while I'm not too sure if his XE mode is because of a combination of psychological factors and other methods Oganesson probably used on him, so I'm not sure how it can be undone...but the deities can probably help him, too, if he lets us! Having time helps. We can figure it out." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2020 18:53:37  #30

"Right," Delphi looks a little more optimistic. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks. That makes me feel....a little better."

xenon 

Board footera