HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2020 22:58:13  #1

Random GGaD Writings by Echo

Probably will do basically my OCs because I cannot be trusted to write anyone else's OCs because I will absolutely butcher their personalities lol

Anyway, I will soon put some writing lol

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 23, 2020 23:21:19  #2

Re: Random GGaD Writings by Echo

Finally something that makes the Writing section not look like a garbage bin

June 23, 2020 23:26:37  #3

Hahahahaha we both know I am only going to make it look more like a garbage bin lol

Hmmm

I think I shall type/write about Echo

HmmmMMMM

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 24, 2020 00:06:00  #4

nah it not a garbage bin with this in there.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 24, 2020 00:16:04  #5

Glassy waves rolled over her vision, almost blinding sunlight catching and reflecting above. She loved to watch the surface from underwater ever since she was a little child. The way the colours danced and the way the water looked like moving glass made her soul happier, despite all the bad. All the yelling. All the cussing. All the screams. All the nights of fear, debating on what the next day would be like. Water was her shelter. Water didn't care. It didn't care at all. It didn't care of the bad, it was relaxing and cooling. It distracted from the bruises and cuts, it didn't mind old scars. Water was freedom...

It felt... familiar. The way the waves cradled and rocked her body, the noise being drowned out by calm.

The teen was wanting to remember, remember something. Her grey eyes stared to the visions above, the surface of the water. No answers but the soothing of spinning colours came.  Who was she?

The teen wanted to breathe, but no breath came. Nothing at all but the icy water filling her lungs. It wasn't painful. She could feel the gentle water, the way it swirled around her. She could see the sky above through the glossed surface, the puffy, beautiful clouds creeping along. The sun, just barely visible in her eyes was shining from above, lighting up the colours and magnificent view. It felt familiar, too familiar for her liking. The teen felt a small sense of dread.

She couldn't move, the water only clamping down her limbs. She wanted to breathe, only to breathe. Flashes of memories came and gone, escaping her mind. She wanted to reach out and snatch them back. Only for a moment, just for an answer. Any answer. Who was she?

Who was she?

She closed her eyes, a gentle sound remaining. It was someone singing a soft lullaby. The voice was familiar as well, but it was a nicer, kinder familiar. The waters, no matter how much it tried, couldn't conpletely drown out the soft words that rang with melancholy.

"Are you going to scarborough fair...?"

She felt long lost emotions return. Saddness...

Why was she sad? What happened to cause it?

"Parsley,  sage, rosemary, and thyme..."

Pain spread in her chest, over where her heart would have been located. A soft, distant pain.

"Remember me to one who lives there..."

She wanted speak, but her lips made no movement. She just wanted to ask the voice her questions. Slowly, the voice faded softer.

"She once was a true love of mine..."

The song... it was... calming...

She wanted to call for the voice to continue the lullaby, just a little more. There was comfort found in the voice, a strange, warming comfort as if it belonged to someone close, someone she trusted. The voice though...

It sounded... more than sad...

It was laced with sorrow, sewn with aching, embroidered with a soft mourning. It was the voice of someone that had lost something very dear to them. The voice of someone who had lost a child, someone who was too slow to stop a misery. Someone who felt guilt. It all reflected in their singing, their voice.

Why...?

Why was she hearing it...?

Was she... was she the lost child? Was she the one who had stopped breathing, causing this voice to suffer? Had she become the one who had went into enternal sleep?

She wanted to apologize, but she was too tired. The waves didn't care to let her go, submerging her completely, dragging her down, forcing the memories to be thrown away. The waves didn't care at all. The waves didn't care of how you felt.

She wanted to say sorry for causing so much trouble, to be the source of such strong heartache...

The memory of the voice drifted away, the lyrics and emotion being just a fleeting moment. She forgot all about the lullaby, the warming presence of someone close. Altogether, she was alone, eventually.

Echo was alone.

No memory, no emotion.

Echo was gone, the water had eroded her soul.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 24, 2020 11:15:35  #6

Very sad. F in the chat for Echo.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 24, 2020 13:09:28  #7

But does she deserve an F in the chat?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 24, 2020 19:35:26  #8

yes

F : (

Time

June 29, 2020 04:31:16  #9

I deleted it because it was Cringe oof never ask me what this originally was

Last edited by Echo (December 2, 2020 10:45:01)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 29, 2020 12:38:04  #10

Y'all shouldn't let me write because this post is so emotionally stiff it's almost not emotional imo

Why do you guys let me write this is

Yea

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 29, 2020 18:01:00  #11

Bruh

sad stuff. 

Time

June 29, 2020 20:13:17  #12

Ehhh could be better written imo

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 29, 2020 23:37:28  #13

you know what you could have changed?

Time

June 29, 2020 23:48:55  #14

*wipes tear with a handkerchief*

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 30, 2020 00:15:44  #15

Time wrote:

you know what you could have changed?

The way I worded things tbh

It just seems emotionally stiff to me idk

I could have described the scenes better lol

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 30, 2020 00:15:55  #16

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

*wipes tear with a handkerchief*

Oof

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 30, 2020 14:14:32  #17

well at least you know what to do to improve yes.

Time

July 26, 2020 23:48:04  #18

Whoo! Here is more cringe from your loveable piece of trash: Me!

Warning: Gore! :D

Thorns choking, poking right through his neck. The thorns pierced and pinched his skin, thick blood oozing slowly and silently. He could feel it, the vines deep in his lungs, crawling and growing, forcing their way through his airway and out of his mouth, the taste of horrid metallic spoiling the air he could barely breath in.

He could feel the vines tear through his chest, shredding his flesh into pieces in an agonizing, drawn-out depression. He could see the vines continue to grow downwards, flourishing in his stomach, his intestines, entrails like thin ribbon decorating the ground in a repulsive, foul display. Red and pink body mixing with the green earth, morbidly becoming one in an appalling, messy array.

He couldn't scream, not even a whisper of a whimper could pass his lips. All there was sounding out was a ragged, breathy wheeze with each gasp for air that he longed for so badly. He watched as rose buds slowly peeked out from beneath his skin, pulling up his veins and steadily breaking them. He could view them on his arms, he could feel them on his legs, he could sense the flowers pushing out of his innards and organs, destroying more of him.

In a slow pace, the horrifically beautiful blood red roses bloomed, covering the vines and his body. He felt the petals slowly touch his face, and slowly cover his eyes.

Darkness, he couldn't help but close his eyes. He couldn't breath anymore, he didn't need to.

Never again did he need to.

Alma woke up, his thin hands immediately going to his neck, touching where the plants once were. He felt nothing but the smooth skin, no cuts or scrapes. He felt... nothing there at all. Alma inhaled quickly, then exhaled in a very slow manner.

He was fine. He wasn't dying. That... that was good.

He didn't need to worry.

Not at all did Alma need to worry.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 27, 2020 13:38:23  #19

Ah nightmares with Alma what fun

Time

July 27, 2020 13:51:07  #20

:3

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 30, 2020 22:28:14  #21

REWRITE TIME,  REWRITE TIME! Original is in italics lol

Echo watched silently, but slowly she started to crumple back to the ground in pain. She now laid on her side again, staring off at the snow. Her vision blurred, but Echo felt nothing but a terribly cold hollowness and a biting pain in her gut. She wanted to continue to fight, to get up, but her body refused to move. She stared at the snow as soft flakes danced around her vision, as for a moment Echo blocked out everything else but the glittering white. A soft ache started to fill in Echo's chest, but Echo ignored the new emotions. Fear and sadness...

Echo wasn't that smart, but she knew that she wasn't going to live after this. But... Echo ignored the feelings she was feeling from that knowledge. She wanted to feel nothing, to grasp onto the shallow nothing, even as it was bitter and cold.

Echo waited. She wouldn't be able to fight back after this... her body had now stopped even though her mind remained. All there was to do was wait for Oblivion to just end it. Echo knew this. The goddess forced herself to stay awake, although her body was tired and crying for sleep. She stared and stared, watching Oblivion and snowflakes as she laid on the ground...

She felt another presence far away, but it was too far for Echo to want to acknowledge.

So, Echo waited for Oblivion to kill her, nothing but an empty, harshly cold void settling as her emotion.

Echo was still, not even a flinch. She just let it happen, accepted it, and waited. Yes, it was painful, but Echo was used to being in pain. Echo closed her eyes, almost looking peaceful, but if you studied her face quite carefully, you would notice a slight melancholy expression had surfaced. Maybe it was worry, worry and saddness from all of this, maybe worry and saddness towards Germaine. Guilt...Guilt for being selfish in all this, for not following to what Germaine had told her to do, and for wanting to kill Oblivion. In the end, Echo only made everything worst... she was good at that. Make everything worst then either feel sorry for herself or for everybody else around her. This time, Echo failed, but Echo accepted this fate, accepted death, and although in pain, she didn't scream when Oblivion gave the final wound. Echo let herself relax, and then she went to sleep.

Echo looked peaceful, snowflakes scattered in her dark hair and on her face. Soon enough, the remaining emotions drained from her expression and died along with her. At last, Echo stopped breathing, and she was gone.

Rose petals, beautiful red petals started to swirl around in the air around everybody. There was the sound of softening footsteps that receded to a stop. More petals took flight along with full grown, wonderful roses, the smell of the flowers wafting around.

Alma was crying upon the realization that he was too late, not quite fast enough to stop Oblivion. Tears fell from his eyes as he threw his leather jacket to the side, cold air making a chill go down his spine. He didn't hate Oblivion, he didn't have hate at all. He wasn't made to be able to feel hate, but he wasn't going to let anything else happen.

"...Step away from her. Leave," Alma sighed, taking out his pocket knife, putting the tip against his own arm, near his shoulder. The metal was freezing cold as well, another chill went through his body from the touch of it. Alma wasn't used to this cold weather, and his black tank top wasn't much warm, but his defensive and offensive abilities didn't give him much a choice if he had to use them.

"I'm not here to fight, and I would rather not do so. You've kill enough today, Oblivion."

The wind was a gossip, sometimes helpful, which is why Alma was here. It decided to speak up about the two deities fighting, and Alma already knew that it wouldn't be good... but... he wasn't expecting to see Echo's lifeless body on the ground and Germaine to be passed out over yonder. Alma already quickly decided to take Germaine and Echo somewhere else so he could wake up Germaine and do something about Echo... He wasn't sure what he could do other than hold a funeral for the teen deity, but he needed to bring both of them away from Oblivion. Of course, Alma was a bit unprepared for this, but he was also in a rush so it couldn't be helped. Alma felt slightly sick, grief taking it's place, but he didn't have time to mourn. He needed to help and stop another death from happening, and Alma was going to do so.

Alma's eye had tinted into a stunning bright pink, and he looked to be prepared for whatever Oblivion would do. He looked serious, stern even, but there was no mistaking the great saddness in his visible eye. There was also no mistaking that there was more to Alma than his pretty looks, and that pocket knife was certainly aimed to make a self-infliction in his arm, suspiciously. Whatever Oblivion was about to do, it was certain that Alma had already made a choice to counter and balance Oblivion's action out.

Echo watched silently until her expression became one of agony, a red-stained hand going to the wound on her side. Slowly, so very slowly in that moment, she crumpled to her knees. Echo's body swayed, the weight of pain overtaking her and forcing her down. She wanted to move, Echo wanted to get up and continue to fight, but her limbs refused to do such a thing.

Snow covered half of Echo's vision, snowflakes dancing gracefully across her eyes. Glittering, mesmerizing flakes twirling and landing without a sound, blocking everything else. It was a brief distraction from the mortal pain and emotions that had risen from deep inside and pushed ache into her chest.

Echo wasn't smart, she never was smart, but Echo knew she wasn't going to live. It was a bitter truth, a poisonously bitter truth. Echo was young, so she chose to ignore the knowledge she had. Instead of accepting the truth, she reached out to grasp the hollow concept of ignorance.

Ignorance seared and frosted, it gnawed away and gave coldness. Echo wanted that, Echo wanted to feel nothing. She wanted to ignore the harsh truth, to find comfort in nothing.

There was a pain in waiting for your time to go. No matter how much her will burned, Echo's body had completely stopped despite her running mind. She could pathetically do nothing, so Echo waited. She waited for Oblivion to kill her. Echo had no other option but to force herself to stay awake, to face this reality, despite the screaming for sleep.

She found herself staring and staring, watching Oblivion's blurry body and the wonderful snowflakes dance and spin.

Echo felt the pressure of a far presence, a living being, but had no energy for acknowledgement. There was no point to do so when you are waiting for your death.

So Echo waited for the darkness, finding a nonchalant calmness in the void of emotion she clasped.

She was still. The signs of flinching or a tremble was nonexistent. Once again, she had reached out for death and accepted it. Once again, she waited for the sand to run out.

It was painful, but life itself was pain. Echo was raised in pain, Echo was told that pain was love. She had accepted it then, so she accepted it now. Death was love. Death was peace. Death was escape.

Death was painful.

She closed her eyes, forcing childish tears back. Her face had almost reached peace, but melancholy had surfaced and spoiled the calm. Despite what Echo wanted to desperately believe and hold, despite what Echo lied, worry and sadness and guilt had stabbed her worst that any wound Oblivion had offered.

I'm sorry Germaine.

I'm sorry Alma.

I'm sorry Silence.

I'm sorry Alois.

I'm sorry Francis.

I'm sorry Malaika.

I'm sorry World.

I'm sorry Momma.

I'm sorry Dad.

I'm sorry brothers.

I'm sorry sisters.

I'm sorry to the people who I have met.

I'm sorry to the people I will never meet.

I'n sorry innocence.

She had wanted to take away life, she had taken away life. She ignored what Germaine told her. She ignored the ones who had tried to help her. She made everything worse.

Echo was good at that, being a mistake. That was what she was from the beginning of her miserable life, and that was what she would be in death. Echo wanted to laugh, to laugh at herself and her pathetic self-pity.

I'm sorry life.

I'm sorry death.

Echo had failed. Wasn't that fate? She failed Germaine, she failed her friends who had became her family, she failed whoever gave her deityship.

If Echo could, she would laugh. She would laugh at her little worth in the world and the realization that her death would just be another number to add to the millions.

Maybe that's why she accepted death and held it close to her. Maybe that's why there was a ghost, a flicker of a smile before her last breath. A trace of a grin before she went to sleep.

The remaining emotion died with her, peace settled upon her youthful face. Snow scattered and decorated her dark hair; snow became sparkling ornaments upon her face.

A single red rose petal drifted onto Echo's check, it fluttered into her hair and tangled itself in black strands. More petals flew into the scene, mixing and joining the snowflakes in their swirling steps.

He was too late. Tears, many tears, fell from Alma's eyes in his realization that he couldn't stop Oblivion. He took off his leather jacket and threw it to the side, a shaky sigh exhaled.

Alma couldn't hate Oblivion for he wasn't created to hate. Not a drop of hatred infected Alma's mind. He couldn't hate, but Alma wasn't allowing more suffering to be made.

"Step away from her. Leave," Alma commanded, stern in his words. He held his pocket knife's point on his arm, near his own shoulder, the chilled metal's touch caused a shiver to go down his body.

He wasn't used to such cold temperatures, his black tank top barely providing warmth, but his defensive and offensive abilities didn't give Alma a choice.

"I'm not here to fight, I rather not do so. You've killed enough today, Oblivion."

The wind was a gossip, a help when truly needed, and had led Alma to the scene. It had spoken up upon the topic of the two deities fighting...

...Alma wasn't prepared to see Echo's lifeless body, Alma wasn't prepared to see Germaine passed out. It was a cruel scene, a horrific sight. He caught the bloody splotches and signs of fighting ruining pristine snow. Alma constructed of what he could do to help in his mind despite having no time or preperation. To help Germaine... To hold a funeral for Echo...

Alma felt the sickness of grief overwhelm his mind, intense pain scraping his shoulders, chest, heart, and stomach. But he pushed it down deep inside, knowing he couldn't yet mourn.

He had a life to save, if he could do so.

Alma looked serious, even stern, but there was no mistaking of the intense sadness in his visble, bright pink eye. That pocket knife was held in such a way to indicate he was prepared to suspiciously self-inflict.

If Oblivion was going to take action, there was an air of certainty that Alma had made a choice to counter and balance the action out.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 30, 2020 23:56:07  #22

Ah, beautiful stuff Echo. It really shows what was going on in Echo's mind at the same time as well.

It's great writing. Great stuff as I know some would say *chef's kiss*

Time

October 31, 2020 00:42:56  #23

Thank XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 31, 2020 09:09:51  #24

gosh I love this so much
the part with the apologies really got to me
10/10

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 31, 2020 09:43:55  #25

UwU thank

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 1, 2020 21:00:20  #26

A soft wind beckoned her, messing with her hair playfully. Snowflakes swung and toppled through the air in childish fumble, bringing the sharp nip of chill to her skin.

Echo didn't move from the ledge of the towering building, but instead remained to think about the events of what happened. About herself. About her... friends?

Friends, sure. They were friends.

That's a weird word.

Echo wrapped her wings around herself, the feathers tips with ice not bringing warmth, but a bit of protection from the cold. Despite being a winter deity, for some reason Echo felt the cold. She didn't like it. Her body had become more "mortal" now.

For some reason she knew she hadn't felt cold before death. Maybe it was intuition, whatever the heck intuition meant anyway. Echo wasn't sure, really. Maybe her past self didn't have good education.

Echo gave a short laugh at herself, finding some humor in that. Strange, empty humor that only she would feel. Humor in her strange body that bled silver when she got paper cuts, humor in her empty chest that held no beat, humor in her own stupidity.

Why was she alive?

Echo wasn't sure if she believed in fate. She had once asked Alma what he believed, but the man didn't give a straight answer. No, he made everything too poetic. Echo could see past his wise facade, see past his cool mask.

Alma didn't know anything about fate himself.

Echo sighed, watching her breath float up in the cold air. She tried to think about what other differences had happened to her body when she woken.

When Echo cried, it was normal, like a human's tears. No steam, nothing to hide behind. Silence told her about that and about how it freaked them out the first time they saw Echo cried.

"Never saw anythin' like it," they said. "Lika thing out of the fantasy genre!"

Echo looked up into the grey sky, trying to remember.

Just to remember something.

Somehow, Echo still felt emotional connections to things and people, both negative and positive.

When she had first seen a stuffed dog neatly sitting in her bag, there was a wave of strange fondness and joy that came with it as she gently held it in her arms. When Echo watched Alma and Alois play cards (they swear that they weren't playing poker before she came over, then they both sternly said to never gamble for money) she relaxed and felt a smile tug on her lips when Alma dramatically sighed in defeat and Alois pumped his fist into the air in excitement. When Silence ruffled Echo's hair, she felt a joy and a bit of childish embarrassment while she whined about Silence calling her "kiddo", claiming to not be that young! When she watched over people in the shadows with Apollo to keep mortals safe, Echo couldn't help but feel a strange weight in her chest that amounted into strange affection for each human and mortal humanoid. When Francis happily rambled while painting, Echo found herself clinging onto every word to make sure to remember the little details. When Malaika was praying at an alter, Echo made sure to stay quiet and watched as the room became peaceful.

When Silence, Francis, and Echo were walking on the sidewalk and passed a woman holding a beer bottle, Echo burst into tears from pure, sheer fear and grief from the smell of alcohol. When Echo heard a couple people fighting, she held a bit tighter to Alma's arm. When seeing Malaika's sacrifical knives, Echo hyperventilated. When finding her own dagger, she immediately put it where she couldn't see it and cried the rest of the day from the ache in her chest. When finding one of Francis' darker portraits on accident, Echo gone lightheaded and passed out...

What was the portrait?

Francis had explained that it was a self-reflection of himself, what he felt sometimes when he was emotionally hurt. He said that sometimes it helped him to paint out all his sorrows like that, all onto one canvas. He had apologized, he had said that he thought he had put it away.

The painting was monochrome purple, it looked a lot like Francis himself... but there was so much more. On the canvas, he looked to be in excruciating  pain, wounds mangling his chest and carved into his sides. Wings, large wings, were ripping apart his back. His body was twisted unnaturally, such so that the viewer could see both his lower back and from the mid-stomach up, as if his bones were broken. His arms were in terrible positions, looking knobby and contorted. His head was tilted in an awful angle, his mouth agape as if screaming something. It looked too real, too realistic. It looked like it would move into reality from the canvas.

It was gore, pure gore, some kind of sadistic gore that Echo wouldn't have ever imagined Francis painting. He looked embarrassed while talking about it, like he could tell Echo was making a judgment on him. He was such a kind, gentle fellow. Echo had once watched him cry over a bunny he thought was too dang small. The painting felt like an unrealistic contradiction against the sensitive but eccentric painter.

Strangely, the horrific painting gave some kind of... memory. It was fuzzy, yes, it was a fuzzy, blurry memory.

Echo felt her breath catch in her throat, and she pushed down her thoughts. No. She didn't want to think about her memories. It only made her head explode with pain. No more, no more thinking about that.

Echo nearly jumped out of her skin when Silence sat down by her, holding a couple cans of soda.

"Whatcha thinkin' 'bout," Silence asked, holding a soda out to Echo with a sleepy grin.

Echo shrugged, "Isn't it too cold for soda? I don't think Alma would think highly of us drinking something like that while it's freezing out."

"Perhaps, but Alma doesn't need to know," Silence winked. Echo took the soda and held it between her gloved fingers. The deity noticed that Silence wasn't wearing anything warm. In fact, the demigod was wearing leggings and a t-shirt with slippers.

"Hey, aren't you cold?" Echo questioned, opening the soda. She brought it closer to listen to the fizzling of the bubbles.

"Nah, barely cold out anyway."

"What if you get sick?"

Silence opened their soda and took a long sip.

"Eh, I'll just bother Malaika and Alma. They know the quickest methods of healing, yea? Anyway, they both enjoy my company so it'll be a win-win!" They added a sharp laugh at the end.

Echo stared at them then took of her scarf, quickly putting it around Silence's neck before they could resist. Right after came out their words of protest.

"Hey, kiddo! I don't need this!" Silence said, trying to untie it.

"Yes you do."

Echo smacked their hands away from the scarf, readjusting it to fit better. They sighed.

"Not as much as you! Ya just a little kid!"

"Ain't I technically older than you?"

"You're body is physically younger, makin' ya much more not-immune to disease and a bit weaker in the lungs! C'mon, kid, take the scarf back!"

"Not-immune? Also, no."

"Ya know what I meant!"

"Leave the scarf on."

"Why do ya want me to wear it so bad?"

"You're going to get frostbite."

"Frostbite's nothin'!" Silence frowned. They tried to take the scarf off to put it back on Echo again but paused when seeing the anxious expression on Echo's face. Silence slowly put their hands back down.

"Okay, okay, I'll wear the scarf," Silence said, taking another sip of their soda. "Just stop makin' sucha sad face, ya makin' me sad."

Echo slightly smiled, the rush of anxiety slowly drifting away. She always felt it when dealing with someone much more mortal than her, or whoever she thought was mortal, anyway.

Echo finally took a sip of her own soda, making a face from the sudden sweetness. She wasn't very accustomed to eating or drinking things, so it felt strange to swallow. Echo liked the taste, though, and the fizziness of the bubbles made her feel happy.

After a moment, Silence spoke, "How 'bout we go to Francis' and Malaika's and all four of us walk around to look at the holiday lights?"

"Only if you change into something weather appropriate."

Silence snorted.

"Alright, alright, I will."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 17, 2021 00:24:20  #27

May 22th, Day After Funeral

Francis: Age 15

"...It feels unreal," Francis spoke softly, his fingers tracing the cold indents of the name. "So... so unreal that you're really dead."

Emil Faustson

"Even now... we can't escape Him..." Francis traced over the surname, a sense of bitterness rising. "Son of Faust... that isn't your real name... remember? You always like mother's name better, but He would never allow it, huh? How disrespectful..."

Francis slowly retracted his hand, sighing. His chest felt heavy like stone, emotions threatening to rise and bubble up to break him.

"It's been five years, Emil, since we last saw each other. It's... weird, isn't it? Your funeral on my birthday... it's so strange... I..."

His voice broke, hot tears spilling over his cheeks as he stared at the tombstone. It felt so unreal yet here he was, staring at what was left behind, the last remnant of his brother. Francis felt so... upset. It was very long since he felt this way, and it pushed, tugged, and strained his heart until Francis was sure that his world had changed into some wobbly form. He could feel red-hot, seering... anger towards himself.

"I didn't even get to see you again... I was... so scared to... I..."

"S-sorry, I didn't come here to... to cry. Ah, really, I'm sorry... I actually wanted to come here to... catch you up on things, haha..."

Francis sat down fully now, finding the crouching position to be uncomfortable. He wiped his eyes, sniffling as he tried to come up with something to start with.

"No one really knows I'm here, so I guess I will have to be quick so Ma and Pops don't worry. Oh, uh, I guess I'll start with... that. Uhm... I got adopted... four years ago. I don't... I don't really know what happened after... you know... to you, but father... dropped me off at a kid's home. Kind of funny, right? Ha..."

Pain spread through Francis as the memory of being separated from Emil resurfaced.

Emil had came up to Francis sobbing, his words fast, certain, and fearful as he made and helped Francis put shoes on.

"He's going to take you away!" Emil had cried, pulling Francis up and through the house. "We need to go! We need to-"

Francis, at the time, didn't understand. Well, he did understand, he just couldn't process it. But Emil seemed so upset that Francis couldn't help but feel scared.

"Take me away?" Francis interrupted.

"I heard him say that he's going to take you far away," Emil said through tears, pushing Francis out the door. "Away from me."

"Emmy, where are we going?" Francis asked, stumbling over his feet as Emil was going a bit too fast. "Where's Mommy?" Their mother hadn't been home for days.

"Mom... she's... I just... I'm not letting him take you away from me. I won't let him touch you." Emil had seemed so determined, and Francis could tell that his brother knew much more than he did during that moment. But he couldn't help but wonder if Emil knew where their mother was.

They had made it halfway across the yard when two people grabbed hold of them. Their father watched from the front door, leaning on the frame as he lit a cigarette,  nonchalant as his sons screeched and cried.

Emil struggled, keeping ahold of Francis' hand as the two men tried to pull the brothers apart.

The men overpowered the kids, ripping them apart from each other, Emil accidentally cutting into Francis' hands with his fingernails from the force of the pull. Francis remembered being carried into his father's car, shoved into it by a man. He was locked in right after, and it seemed the man ignored his plea to be let out. Francis watched as Emil was carried inside, their father blowing some smoke into his face to watch the kid choke a bit.

Francis, clearer than crystal, could remember the disgusting, self-satisfied grin on his father's face as Emil hacked and coughed, tears running down his face. He could remember waiting in the car, wondering what was happening and if Emil was right about their father taking him away. He remembered hyperventilating and shaking, the seating starting to blacken and turn to dust under his fingertips.

And then he had passed out from too much adrenaline and stress.

Francis woke up in the middle of the car ride,  his father driving. He wasn't strapped into a seat, but instead was uncomfortably sprawled on the flooring of the car. Francis slowly pulled himself up onto the seat, looking out the window.

"Where's Emmy?" Francis asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

No reply other than a look of annoyance.

"Where's Mommy?"

No reply.

"Where are we going?"

"No reply, but his father's face had darkened.

"Why-"

"If you don't shut your (beep)ing mouth, I'll beat you until you can't walk," his father growled out, looking into the backseat, straight into Francis' eyes.

Francis looked away quickly, back out the window. He didn't make a sound the rest of the way, despite his silent crying.  He wanted to go home.

Eventually,  he didn't have a place to call home. There was no Emil, and there was no Mommy to comfort him soon after the car ride. There was only him, and he destroyed everything he touched. Books, stuffed animals, blankets. All of it turned to dust with a single touch.

Why didn't anyone want him? Why was he abandoned? Why couldn't he control himself? It was all his fault. He wasn't good enough. He would end up hurting someone, so why bother to make friends...

Francis realized he was sobbing hard. It was so long ago since he thought like that.

It still hurt. Yes, he had recovered from such a depressing train of thought, but Francis was now realizing he hadn't recovered from the separation, the feeling of abandonment. He had been adopted and given a home, he had loving parents willing to help him, but that pure emotion of loneliness had slept deep inside his heart that Francis himself didn't know it existed.

For the first time, in a long time, the dreadful feeling of hopelessness drifted in.

Francis cleared his throat, swallowing back any other sobs. He wiped his face and breathed out, blinking back tears that hadn't yet fallen.

"Sorry... wow... I...I really still have long ways to go... don't I?" Francis laughed. He laughed at himself, at this feeling he had. It helped soften it a bit, to just laugh.

"Ah... where was I? Oh, uh, let's see..."

Francis got himself to tell the story of when he stayed at the kid's home, deciding to not leave out his troubles with his ability. Soon enough, Francis was spilling out every emotion he had felt, his mentality back then and comparing it to now. How he had gotten better, and what he needed to work on. He talked about his friends, he talked about how school was going. Francis stayed there for hours, going over every detail he could, elaborating each concept and feeling he had.

Francis... he felt better. Saying everything, spilling his guts, even if it was just to thin air, was relieving.

Francis stood up, setting down the flowers he had brought onto the grave.

"I'll see you later, Emmy. Maybe next week, hopefully. I promise I'll bring my sketchbook next time, and I'll talk more about art, if that's okay with you."

"...Okay then, uhm..."

"See you later."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

February 10, 2021 00:53:41  #28

It's suppose to be the first time Alma and Alois met you lol, it lowkey sucks but idk enjoy it I guess lol

Curse and blood warning

Dim candle light met Alois' vision, the last of sleepiness leaving his body. His consciousness slipped in, and Alois was whole. Ah, he must have died from dehydration, Alois thought, and this was his new life as someone else's familiar. He wondered what hell in this life was waiting for him now-

"Hello! I'm Alma!" a young kid, maybe eight years old, cut off Alois' train of thought. The kid sat down in front of Alois, criss crossing his legs and leaning forward a bit. He looked beyond excited.

"Uh...hello," Alois said, narrowing his eyes at the kid. Was this pipsqueak of a child his new master? Wait, no way this kid learned how to summon his familiar at such a young age! Gods, the youngest master Alois had was around sixteen at best, so how did such a young child-

"What's your name?" Alma asked, rocking back and forth a bit in his excitement.

"Alois… excuse me, but who has summoned me?" Alois said, looking around.

The kid puffed up his chest proudly, pointing at himself with his thumb, "I did, sir! It was real easy too! What's your favourite colour? Do you like sheep? We have a lot of sheep and cows! What's your favourite animal? I like sheep, but I dunno if it's my favourite. Do you like flowers?"

A woman spoke up, "Alma, sweetheart, slow down a bit. They need some time to adjust to their new home."

Alma nodded, suddenly sitting still and watching Alois with large, curious eyes. Alois raised an eyebrow at the kid and then looked over at the lady. She had a crow on her shoulder that stared Alois down with almost an interested but cold glint it it's eyes. The crow must be her familiar, as it certainly wasn't just a plain old bird. Alois looked back at the kid sitting before him, wondering what in the world was going on.

"I like your hair, it's super pretty!" Alma smiled. "I like that colour of blue."

Blue? Alois lifted a bunch of his curly hair into hand, examining it. It indeed was a baby blue hue rather than a shade of black or grey. Also, why was his hand so small…

"Master, tell me, how old do I look?" Alois questioned.

"Uhhhm… nine? Ten?" Alma tilted his head as Alois went into shock over his new age. "Master? Uhm, my name is Alma."

"Y-yes, I know, but you are my master," Alois said, wondering why he started out so young in this reincarnation.

Alma frowned a bit and said, "Nah, just call me Alma! And I'll call you Alois! Because those are our names! I like our names! Hey, hey, they both start with an 'A'! That's cool!"

Alois slowly nodded, not quite sure of what to think of the small, energetic boy before him except for the fact that he did not trust the kid.

Alma jumped up and asked, "Can I show you around?"

Alois slowly got up, wobbling a bit. Alma helped him stand completely, holding onto Alois as Alois' legs woke up.

Alois brushed Alma off of him a bit coolly and monotoned, "Sure."

Alma, unaffected by Alois' rather distant attitude, grinned. He led Alois out of the room, and the woman from before followed behind both of them.

As Alma showed Alois around the house, yard, and barn excitedly, the woman and crow discussed the two from afar.

The crow shifted into a humanoid form after circling Alma and Alois for a while, smirking as they gave their opinion.

"The wolf seems rather untrusting."

"Wolf? Is that what he is?" the woman wondered.

"Yes, I can foresee it," the crow nodded, fixing their lace gloves. "And he has been very serious this whole time, a bit jumpy too. He keeps calling young Alma 'Master'; he got a bit hostile when young Alma moved too quickly towards him. I'd say that it'll be a while before young Alois takes any liking towards young Alma."

"Ah, I see. Anything else?"

"From what I can foresee, young Alois might attack young Alma out of fear, so it'll be best to keep a close eye on both of them until young Alois settles in. Perhaps they could share a room, but it's hard to tell if any of them will get any sleep due to young Alma's talkative nature. Of course, it might help them bond better the more they are around each other, decreasing young Alois' chances of lashing out."

The woman nodded, watching as Alma pointed at the pond and named off some surrounding plants. Alois looked disinterested, keeping a good distance from Alma.

"Lady Violeta, tell me, what do you think of young Alois?" the crow asked.

"His past lives must have been horrible for him to be scared of his witch," the woman said. "And for him to be so… indifferent from Alma... It's almost like he wants nothing to do with him. I have never met a familiar like that before, so it concerns me a bit."

The crow hummed, thinking for a bit before saying, "Both of them are probably hungry at this point. We should cook something. I'll go tell them."

Violeta nodded and headed inside as the crow shifted into a bird and flew over. They landed near the two boys and changed back into their humanoid form, grinning as politely as they could.

"Hello Mx. Solaris!" Alma waved frantically. Alois didn't give much of an acknowledgement to the crow as they stalked up to the boys.

"Young Alma, young Alois, we need you both to stay in the garden while we cook," Solaris said.

Alma nodded and turned to Alois, smiling, "Let's go! I can show you the different vegetables we grow!" Alma ran off and Alois followed slowly. Alois looked up at Solaris and glared, perhaps wanting to scare the crow off. Solaris only beamed instead, which was a tad bit intimidating as Solaris never learned how to smile gently or kindly. Due to the intimidation, Alois scampered off quickly to Alma, who was waiting patiently in the garden.

In the midst of cooking, Violeta looked out the window into the garden to see Alois sitting far off while Alma was pointing at a vegetable. Alma was talking, which meant he was rambling off facts about the vegetables and how to take care of them. Alois, a few times, yawned, seeming to be purposely bored of Alma. This didn't discourage the young witch from continuing to talk, though, but instead encouraged Alma to talk more.

Violeta turned from the window and went back to cooking, smiling at Alma's persistence to befriend Alois, but she was rather worried of what they should do for if the time when Alois actually did lash out at Alma.

Alma sat down by Alois, who inched away. Alois bared his teeth and growled.

Alma thought about this for a moment before trying to bare his teeth and growl too. In the middle of it the kid giggled, grinning rather than actually baring his teeth.

Alois rolled his eyes and said, "No, like this." He snarled and growled again, this time much more harshly. He was hoping to scare Alma with it, but instead Alma clapped and smiled.

"Okay! Like this?" Alma tried to copy, but he couldn't stop giggling at himself.

Alois huffed, "What's so funny?"

"You sound really cool while I sound weird!" Alma laughed, trying again. It sounded even worse than before. Alois hid his on-coming laughter with a cough.

"No, no, like this."

Alois got up and hauntingly stood over Alma, moving his hair so Alma could look him in the eye. He shifted his being to look terrifying, extra eyes dotting his face and tongue-like tentacles with toothy, drooling mouths ripping open his throat. Alois snarled and leaned close to Alma, a deep growl rumbling in his throat as he slowly reached up to Alma's face with sharp claws.

Alma looked amazed, which slightly upset Alois. Alois stepped away, sighing in frustration.

"Why aren't you scared?!" Alois question, exasperated.

"Huh? Should I be?" Alma tilted his head, rocking back and forth.

"Yes! You are!" Alois cried, shifting back into his normal humanoid form and hitting his palm against his forehead.

"Sorry, I just think you're really cool."

Alois sat back down, huffing and keeping a distance. Alma scooted closer, smiling.

Alma said, "Can you do that again?"

"No."

"Oh, okay! Hey, hey! Watch this!"

Alma held his hand out, palm up. The center of his hand bubbled a bit before a rose bud sprouted, opening slowly. Alma's hand started to shake as it grew, a bit of blood spurting.

Alois noticed Alma starting to breathe a bit quicker, looking up to see that Alma's face had paled. The kid looked sick. Alois warned, "Don't push yourself so hard."

Alma shook his head, continuing to grow the plant, "No, I can do it! It's really cool!" More blood started to spill over the side of Alma's hand as more rose buds sprouted out of his palm. Alma gritted his teeth and forced those as well to grow, ignoring the fact his palm was dripping with deep red blood.

Alois grabbed Alma's wrist and growled, "Stop! You're hurting yourself!"

"No, it's fine!"

"Stop!"

"N-no! It'll be really cool! And then you'll like me, right?" 

"Young Alma," Solaris hissed. Both boys looked up at the crow familiar. "Do what young Alois says and stop it this instant!"

Alma shook his head and argued, "I can do it this ti-" He suddenly started choking. He felt sharpness cut his throat before spitting out thorns, and he started to tear up when thorn-covered stems came up. He then threw up, choking out large rose vines and stems, blood and saliva covered blossoms hitting the ground disgustingly.

"Shit! I'll get Lady Violeta!" Solaris ran off into the house.

Alois panicked, patting Alma's back as the boy continued to throw up roses.

"I'm fine," Alma raspily cried in-between gasps for air before throwing up again. Alois cringed at how much blood covered the ground in front of them.

"No you're not!" Alois screamed, more panic rising as now the main content of what Alma was puking up being blood.

Alma sobbed, his voice becoming more and more scratchy as he tried to tell Alois he was fine. He kept cutting himself off with wracking coughs and more choking up petals and flowers.

Violeta got on her knees beside Alma, getting him to sit up a bit. She put a bottle into Alma's mouth, forcing the kid to drink down its contents. Alma complied, gasping and shuttering as the potion started to work and clear up his chest. His body started convulsing a bit, so Violeta laid him down in the grass carefully. Slowly, Alma stopped moving and fell asleep.

Alois watched as Violeta lifted up Alma into her arms, not moving as she silently went inside. He slowly realized he was shaking, tears running down his face as he stared at the blood before him. He felt pain in his body, in his lungs and throat and mouth. It was one of the most terrible pains he had felt before, as if he was actually experiencing the cuts in his body himself.

Solaris spoke, perching beside Alois, "Do you know why he did that?"

Alois didn't reply, still staring at the blood.

And then you'll like me, right?

Solaris sighed, "Young Alma is very talented in magic, but he doesn't quite know his own limit. He believes that if he pushes himself hard and overworks himself, he will achieve his goal. Young Alma is a bright kid who can perform powerful magic, but he doesn't quite take care of himself like he should. He's reckless at times, but he genuinely has a good heart. That's why he needs you, to get some common sense into him and so he can have a friend. I can tell young Alma already has a strong liking towards you."

Alois growled, looking away, "We're not friends, and I'm not a babysitter for some witch brat."

Solaris snorted, "So that's how you see him." 

Alois made a low growling sound, kicking at the ground. 

Solaris sighed "I know it doesn't sound that fun, but he truly likes you and wanted to impress you. Why else would he put himself in danger?"

"How many times has he done that before? How many times has he done that until he started bleeding like that?"

"Hmm… from what I know of, one time to that extreme. Any other time he would only do it until he had only a bud sitting in his palm. We found him behind the barn laying in a huge puddle of his blood the first time he overworked himself. Young Alma almost died that day, and he probably would have today without me noticing through the window. He's stubborn, isn't he?"

"He's… willing to die just to impress me?" Alois whispered.

"Hmph, he's a bit of a hard head too, yes? Let's go inside now."

Solaris stood and walked away, not waiting to see if Alois was following or not. They heard Alois quietly follow them inside.

Once sensing Alma in a room, Alois silently passed Solaris and headed into it. He sat down at the end of the bed, glaring at Alma's sleeping form.

Alois mumbled angrily, "Idiot."

Solaris snickered, "Keh heh heh he, Lady Violeta and I will be continuing to cook. You can go wherever you want, but we'll have soup ready in about an hour."

Alois shrugged. With that, Solaris left. Alois continued to stare at Alma for five minutes before he started mumbling.

"Stupid witches and their stupid magic. Magic isn't even that impressive to me anymore, it's all used the same. Each witch is greedy and will use it for their own interests. You'll grow up and be just like the others, won't you?"

Obviously, there was no response.

"And then you'll kill a bunch of people with it, including me because I'm not a desirable familiar. I'm not a black cat, I'm nothing that powerful. You'll dispose of me and force some animal to bond with you. Hmph, I bet so, that poor cat."

Alois turned away and stared at the wall, not wanting to look at the boy before him anymore.

"You'll corrupt, you'll satisfy yourself… all witches are nothing more then a bunch of lowly, greedy, stupid bunch of people who are just lucky if they aren't rightfully burned at stake by a village. Hell, if you turn out to be good, you'll die anyway at the hands of someone evil and more powerful. After all, you unfortunately got the worst familiar someone could get."

Alois rubbed his throat, the burning sensation still there.

"If you died today, I would have too, you bastard. I was only panicking because I would have died, so you better get that into your damn thick skull. We aren't friends and we will never be friends."

Alois stood up, feeling a mix between being more upset than before and satisfied. He stormed out, not caring to be quiet when he shut the door. He went on his way to the pond.

After a few minutes when Alois left, Alma sat up, sniffling. Alma had woken up in his mother's arms shortly after falling asleep. He was good at faking a nap, as he was actually trying to get himself to continue to sleep, so Alois had no idea Alma had heard the whole rant.

Alma wiped tears from his eyes, feeling very upset over what Alois had said.

"Well… fine…" Alma cried, his feelings bubbling up uncontrollably. "We aren't friends, then… I g-guess…"

Alma knew his own words were only causing him to feel worse; he knew he actually wanted to be friends with Alois very badly. It didn't take long for Alma to decide that he would try again to befriend Alois, his words from before disappearing from his mind.

With his conclusion, Alma got up from the bed. He found a way to sneak around Violeta and Solaris. Once outside, he ran around in search of Alois.

It didn't take Alma long to find Alois stuck in a tree, dangling over the pond.

It also didn't take long for Alois to admit he couldn't swim, but getting Alois to agree with Alma helping him was much harder.

"Go away!" Alois growled.

"I'm going to go get Mamá, okay?" Alma yelled back.

"That's not what I meant!"

Before Alma could turn around to run to the house, the branch snapped.

Alois thought he was going to die. There was no way Alma would make it to the house and back in time, which would take six minutes in total. He couldn't hold his breath for more than one minute, and after that he was going to drown. Great, Alois thought. Just great. He didn't really enjoy the process of dying. It was painful and he always woke up groggy.

What Alois didn't expect was for his body to be suddenly floating in the air, water droplets spilling off. He saw Alma with his arms up, blood pouring from his nose and mouth. He looked to be in pain, but he was successfully lifting Alois up in the air.

Alois was safely set on the ground. Alma staggered forward, smiling at Alois.

"Hah… that was hard…" Alma rasped, coughing. Alois watched as Alma fell, passing out from overworking himself again.

Gods, this kid's an idiot, Alois thought, walking over to Alma. He poked Alma with his foot before rolling his eyes and lifting the kid up.

Damn it, Alma was making it harder for Alois to hate him. Alois found that could be another reason to despise Alma's existence. The kid was stupid and irresponsible, his stamina low as hell. Alma was annoying, bothersome, and Alois did not like him. Alois refused to like Alma even the slightest bit.

"Here's your kid," Alois spat as he entered the kitchen. "He passed out again."

Violeta gasped and quickly took Alma from Alois, carrying him away into his room. Alois huffed and leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Don't say a word, you pigeon," Alois grunted at Solaris.

"Hmm, that's the first someone has called me that," Solaris grinned, standing beside Alois.

"Shouldn't you be helping?"

"I could say the same. Isn't young Alma your witch?"

"Master is nothing more than a fool. If he dies, he dies. I don't give a damn."

"Then why did you bring him inside?" Solaris looked very smug saying this, as if leeching off of Alois' anger.

"B-because! Because… shut up! You're a crazy bastard!"

"Maybe so, but I can tell you at least have a smidgen of care towards young Alma. Even if you don't want to admit it, it still lives and lingers! Keh heh he!" Solaris threw their head back, their voice scratchy and painfully irritating.

Alois snarled and left the kitchen, going straight to Alma's room to possibly complain.

There, he was greeted with a little wave from Alma and a slight nod by Violeta. Violeta was cleaning Alma's face with a wet rag, humming a bit.

Alois sat down in a nearby chair and said, "You woke up fast."

"The village doctor says I'm super resilient! Oh, Mamá, we need to bring him potions again in a couple days, right?"

Violeta agreed, "Yes, we do."

"Yay! He's real nice, Alois! You'll like him."

"Hmph, if you live that long," Alois huffed.

Violeta said, as if reminded by Alois' statement, "I'm making a new rule that both of you can't go outside without either me or Solaris. I think it'll be safer for Alma." She looked at Alois and added, "Not that you're dangerous, dear. I've been thinking about making this rule long before you were summoned."

Alois made a face at being called "dear", looking away in annoyance. He crossed his arms and growled, "I don't care what rules you make, I can't willingly break them anyway. And I am dangerous."

Violeta smiled gently at that, checking Alma's temperature. Alma jumped a bit at Violeta's cold hands, giggling due to his ticklishness.

Violeta said, "Your temperature is high."

Alma shrugged, "I feel okay."

"You're still taking medicine."

Alois snorted at Alma's grimace.

Violeta raised an eyebrow, looking over at Alois, then said, "I must check your temperature too, Alois. You're soaking wet and it's chilly out."

Alois scoffed, "I wasn't in the pond long enough to get sick. Touch me and you're going to lose some fingers."

Violeta didn't seem bothered by Alois' threat.

"Oh, you should be fine if you weren't in the pond for a long time, but you both need to take a bath and change into clean clothes. After that, you both can eat. Alois, you can take a bath first while I try to get Alma's fever down, okay? You can borrow some of Alma's clothes, you both are about the same size."

Alois shrugged, jumping up from the chair, "Sure."

Alma waved bye at Alois, who only stared at Alma for a bit before leaving.

After Alois was gone, Alma looked up at his mother.

"Mamá?"

"Yes?"

"Will I be a corrupted witch?"

This caught Violeta off guard.

"Where did you get an idea like that?" Violeta asked, sitting back down.

"Uhm… I dunno…just… wondering…?"

Violeta sighed, already guessing it was something Alois had said. Violeta took Alma's hands into her's, gently flipping them over to look at his scarred palms.

"I believe that as long as you try to do what's right and cleanse yourself after spells, you'll be a fine witch. You still have a long way to go, but I do not believe you'll become corrupted. You're still learning."

"Mamá, why did you become a witch?"

"I wanted to help people. The village nearby needed help, so when I was a young girl I decided to study witchcraft to help them."

"Why do people kill us?"

"Oh, many reasons that not even I know. But don't you worry about that, the village trusts us and I trust them. They're real friendly, aren't they?"

"Yeah! I wanna see the baker again. When will we go to the Modern Sect again?"

Violeta thought a moment, making a silly face to get Alma to giggle. She smiled when he did, and then she answered, "Maybe next week, on Thursday. I'll take you and Alois to the park."

"Yay! Solaris came from the Modern Sect, right?"

"Mm-hm, they did! You have a good memory."

"Can I help cook?"

"No, you need to rest. Which reminds me, you need some medicine, don't you?"

Alma groaned, "Medicine is icky!"

"It's important, though."

"Still icky."

Violeta smiled, patting Alma's head, "I'll give you a cookie after dinner if you take the medicine."

Alma gasped, nodding frantically, "Okay!"

Violeta nodded back and went to the kitchen, finding that Solaris was stirring the soup. She went around them and grabbed a medicine bottle from a cabinet.

Solaris saw the bottle, their nose wrinkling as they said, "Nasty stuff, eh? So nasty it chases fevers right away!"

"I swear, both you and Alma overreact when it comes to taking medicine," Violeta shook her head.

"Have you ever had your own medicine?!" Solaris squawked.

"Plenty of times."

"Ughhh, how are you not disgusted by it?!" Solaris shuddered.

Violeta shrugged, "No idea."

"Poor young Alma, having to take that stuff."

Violeta shook her head, saying, "I guess you should consider yourself lucky, then."

"Very lucky!"

Later on, after both Alois and Alma had a bath, Alma decided to read to Alois to pass time until dinner was ready.

"Please?" Alma asked for the hundredth time.

"Fine, fine! Just stop being annoying!" Alois growled.

Alma brightened up, grabbing Alois' hand and dragging him to the living room's couch. Alois looked around the room, wondering why the Amor family owned so much Modern Sect items and furniture when they lived in the Medieval Sect.

Surely, this was the weirdest witches Alois had met. They weren't cruel, but they were surly weird enough to be interesting.

Alois looked at the book Alma was reading. It was thick, Alois noticed, much too thick for such a young kid in his opinion.

"Master, are you sure you can read that?" Alois asked. "Won't that be… a bit too hard for you?"

Alma looked confused. The young witch said, "No? I've read it before."

"Okay… then…"

Alma added to the conversation, "Just call me Alma. I don't like being called 'Master'. I'm just Alma."

"Hmph."

Alois listened to Alma read the book, surprised by Alma's decent pronunciation and emotion put into his tone. It felt as if he was in the story himself, feeling the same feelings the characters felt.

Alois jumped, startled, when Solaris interrupted to tell the boys that dinner was ready. He was so absorbed by the story that he didn't notice Solaris come in.

Alma put the book up, grabbing Alois' hand, and led the dazed wolf familiar into the kitchen.

Once everyone got a bowl, they all sat down to eat. Alois gulped his soup down, his bad habit of devouring food as quickly as he could surfacing. Once he finished his bowl, he sat there silently and waited.

What caught Alois by surprise was Violeta asking him, "Would you like some more?"

Alois looked up and questioned, "Is that okay?"

He was met with confused stares from everyone else.

Solaris said, "Well, of course it's okay! Get as much as you want."

"Yes please, then," Alois quietly said. Violeta took his bowl and went to retrieve him more.

Alma said, "The soup is good."

Alois replied awkwardly, "Yeah."

"I like cooking, it's really fun."

Alois didn't say anything to continue the conversation, so Alma quietly continued to eat. Violeta came back with Alois' bowl, giving him more soup.

Solaris watched as Alois ate much slower than before. The room was too quiet to their liking, so Solaris said, "Today was eventful."

Everyone looked up at Solaris, who continued, "The young witch overloaded, the wolf sank like a rock. Tomorrow, the young witch will ease up, the wolf will float. I foresee a future in which the youth of this household have a strengthened bond."

Alois snorted, "Poetic."

Alma said, "Will the future you see be true?" Alois glanced over at the kid. Alma looked very hopeful. Alois looked back down at his soup.

Solaris tilted their head, putting a finger up to their chin as they answered, "Only if you will it, young Alma. Only if you will it."

"Ooh, okay! I'll will it very hard, then."

Solaris was satisfied with Alma's response, although it was a bit humourous. They looked to Alois and asked, "What about you, young Alois? Do you will that future?"

"I doubt your future," Alois replied flatly.

"Why so?"

"I do not believe in it."

"The concept of the future is a strange one, no? Hmm, it's strange indeed, but it's always certain for there to be a future. Just how it plays out is what you believe is untrue, yes? My predictions are made in observation, so I am not surprised you would doubt it."

"...Yeah." What Solaris said went through one of Alois' ears and out the next. Alma looked confused.

Solaris laughed, finding the boys' expressions funny.

Alois muttered under his breath, "Stupid pigeon."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 1, 2021 23:04:04  #29

I wrote this in two separate times almost back to back when it comes to days and I haven't read over it or edited it much so it's pretty scrappy lol.

this will only be canon if Spec agrees with it lol @Spec

He was falling, and it was peaceful. The sound of wind against his ears was comforting. Gravity pulled him into the great unknown underneath, but he wasn't scared of anything. Francis was falling and he couldn't open his eyes, blackness consuming his vision. He felt the soft kisses of butterflies tickle his arms and face; he could feel the grazing drapes of cloth shrouding and cloaking his body with the touch of a mother holding her child.

Francis was free, gently falling into an abyss. He could hear the choir of angels, inhuman notes leaping around him like the leaves of autumn. Warmth cuddled him with a love deeper than the ocean.

Slowly, Francis opened his eyes and began to realize that this wasn't the truth. Cold, icy pain shot into him, tearing his flesh and meat off his bones. Orbs of silvery tears flooded from his hundreds of eyes. A hand that wasn't his, a hand pale, petite, and pure, shot up, groping towards a dazzling, harsh light from above.

Francis wasn't himself anymore. Francis was a beautiful angel with hair of the maple leaves, her wings of pearls starting to burn and smolder into ash. Crystal blood droplets came past her rosy lips, staining the beautiful white clothing she wore.

The angel wasn't scared.

She was happy. She wasn't reaching up in regret, she was reaching up towards her beloved. The one she was falling for, she was reaching up in love. She was promised her place in Elysium, and she would happily take it soon. From being demoted from one god to be loved by another, to await the warmth and comfort of the caresses from her lover, this pain was all for love.

For a false yet truthful love, she was willing to endure the pain of alignment transition. To now be scorned by the angels she once sang with, to join a new crowd of angels she didn't belong in.

This was all for love.

Francis jolted awake as Mango screeched from his cage, a few unexpected visitors entering his house.

"Gah! Stupid bird! Why can't you love me?! You're a lovebird, right?! Where's the love?!" Silence said.

From atop of Silence's back, Lumi ordered, "Carry on, horsie! Onto the kitchen!"

Silence rolled their eyes and carried Lumi and a few plastic bags into the kitchen.

Francis could hear Lumi command, "Make a horse sound!"

Silence groaned before making a sound of what a dying horse would probably sound like.

Kradly explained as he held up bags, "We got you some groceries."

Francis rubbed his eyes while sitting up, saying, "Oh, you didn't have to do that."

"Yes we did. You haven't bought groceries in a week. When's the last time you ate?"

Francis looked away, a bit of embarrassment crossing his face. He answered honestly after a bit of hesitation, "Four days ago."

"Exactly. C'mon, get up. We're making dinner."

"But I still need to finish my commissions," Francis protested as Kradly dragged him off the couch. "I was just taking a short nap, ya know? I should feed Mango and continue my aRT!"

Kradly shook his head, startling the underweight artist by picking him up bridal style.

Kradly commented, "Dude, you're lighter than a feather!"

Francis struggled helplessly, trying to get out of Kradly's arms as he was forced into the kitchen. Mango started screeching louder until both teens were out of sight, letting out a few agitated chirps minutes after.

Once in the kitchen, Kradly shut and locked the door, passing Francis over to Lumi (who was now off of Silence's back).

Lumi smiled, "Okay, what we cooking?"

Silence pulled out a couple boxes of pasta noodles, holding them up proudly, "That one saucy thing!"

"Spaghetti."

"Hell yea!"

Silence picked Francis up when they noticed him inching towards the door.

"Nooo!" Francis clawed the air at the door. "I must finish my commissions!"

"Not until you eat a proper meal!" the twins stated.

Francis gave in, understanding that all three of his friends together were much stronger than him.

One disaster of too many chefs in the kitchen later, Francis' friends sat him down and ate with him. A few times they had to threaten to duct tape his legs to the chair; at one point, the twins and Silence chanted "Eat! Eat! Eat!" until Francis took a bite of his garlic bread. All four of them burst out laughing once they heard Mango chirping the tune they were chanting in, a slight noise resembling very accurately to "Eat" being made by the bird.

All four cleaned up, then the group followed Francis into his painting room.

Multiple paintings, both finished and incomplete, scattered the room in a strange array of colours. The most noticeable canvas took up almost the whole room, which of course one of the twins pointed out.

"Whoa! Who's this?"

Francis smiled, but it took him a bit to respond.

"Oh, that was a commission from a goddess. Apparently my biological mother was one of her angels before transitioning to be a servant to a different deity, and recently the goddess found out about…"

Francis coughed awkwardly, continuing on, "...My mother's death that happened a, uhm, a long time back. So, to pay as a tribute of some sorts… you know…" He gestured to the painting.

The painting was more than beautiful. Gorgeous would have been an understatement too. The lady in the picture had shoulder-length, stunning red hair, her eyes being an alluring shade of pine green. Freckles dotted her calm, kind face. She wore a spotless, white dress, and feathers that shone white like opal were her wings. She wore golden jewelry on her neck, wrists, and head. She held a sword made of a rose gold hilt and a sapphire blade.

"Damn, bet you woulda looked real cute with red hair too," Silence joked, winking at Francis. "She's smokin'."

"I don't know what's worse: the implication of you hitting on his dead mom or you lowkey flirting with him," Kradly grimaced.

"Eww!" Lumi groaned. "I just thought they just gave weird compliments! Are you telling me they were flirting with me for a month?!"

"I wanted to see how long it would take you to notice!" Silence defended themself.

"That makes this conversation worse than before!" Francis laughed, covering his face. "Silence, you need to stooop!"

"Aww, anythin' for you, bae!"

"Nooo! Anything but 'bae'!"

"Sugar lips!"

Kradly added in, "Cutie pie!"

"Loverboy!" Lumi threw into the horrible mix of terrible nicknames you shouldn't give to your boyfriend or any significant other in general.

Francis rolled his eyes.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 1, 2021 23:05:45  #30

Hi Echo, the nicknames are better than "beefcake" at least and also do you want me to change "angle" to "angel" because I'm pretty sure autocorrect is at it again

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

Board footera