GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2022 14:51:34  #1531

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

wait it would be really funny ngl to have a version of Dion nicknamed as Mega XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 27, 2022 13:23:16  #1532

I'm not really going for funny but I guess yeah XD

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

July 27, 2022 13:23:49  #1533

Wiley vibes?

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 27, 2022 16:40:52  #1534

Yes sir, yes siiirrr, yes siiiiiiiirrrr

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 29, 2022 19:19:36  #1535

Echo wrote:

wait it would be really funny ngl to have a version of Dion nicknamed as Mega XD

His nickname is Bit now and he's a moderately famous youtuber with the online name SupremeLordMicroBit.
Btw that's a nod to how in non-Quindex canon his online name would be SupremeLordDion, but bc it's Qdex I have to refrain from using his real name. Another reason for the username is bc I intentionally made the Supreme part contrast with the Micro part... maybe it doesn't show that much but in my head it is hilarious XD.

I will always hyperfixate on Dion, I'm fairly sure he's my top favorite OC now lol. Can't stop thinking abt him.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 29, 2022 19:20:12  #1536

Speaking of favorite OCs, my DR OC Emilia made it to the top 3 favorites.
I just love her so much.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 29, 2022 19:22:51  #1537

I'm glad Quindex's T1 game is over, it's been really fun but in the last week or two it got hard for me to post much or even keep up with it ): I dislike responsibility but it's a necessary thing.
I am glad though that Briar was forgiven and made it out safely! Should've written his Epilogue part last week, but homework struck and well now I hope to have some more time this week to finish that. Afaik it's gonna be a long time till the next trial in Qdex, so I'll focus on DRPU and return to GGaD, both as my time lets me.

TL;DR
My horrible time management skills have come to light and I am having trouble managing my love for RPs and my studying duties.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 30, 2022 21:53:02  #1538

Copy-pasting the one Briar post in Quindex I'm proud of. Spoilered in case you don't wanna read through the text lol it's not GGaD-related.

Briar sat inside a cabin in the ferris wheel, alone and oblivious to the things that had happened in the last event. Perhaps it was better this way? At least he hadn't turned into a cookie (not that he knew the others had), lest he be tempted to try tasting himself. He wasn't one to resist the allure offered by sweet foods.

He'd lost count of how many hours he had been in the ferris wheel, spinning up and down while staring at the sky, thoughts swirling around in his young mind.
The failed innocent voting. The ice cream outing with his newfound "friends", the joy that came from spending fun time with others. Vinny getting taken away in front of everyone.

But most of all, the possibility that he, a boy who was only starting out in life, could be taken away with the chance of never returning "home", somewhere familiar. Never seeing his friends again. Never feeling the thrill that came with taking things unpaid from stores. Never again getting what he wanted.
Actually, doing that was what had landed him here, wasn't it? Perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing. He got to meet new people and got a cool-looking tattoo. But as fun as these past days had been, there was always the nagging feeling of a “what if” gone wrong. Although still innocent in mind, he was not innocent in life. That could bring disastrous consequences to his current situation.

When a tree starts to grow crooked, it can be straightened in tender youth only. Any longer, and the wood will harden to external influence, keeping a bent shape for the rest of its life until it topples down from its own weight.

That was him. This was the time, the moment in which he reflected back on his twelve years of existence, still a young sapling growing into the forest of society. And yet from long ago he had begun to lean the wrong way, getting used to wrong attitudes that weren’t so bad when his friends did them too.
Few times had Briar stopped to think about his actions. They were all shrouded in fun, the true weight of his crimes anesthetized by laughter, adrenaline, and the feeling of freedom. He could fare well by himself.

Plants in the wild thrive with fresh earth, sunlight, and clean water from rain. But when in an environment that lacks the natural things they need to grow, a flower will wilt well before the bud has matured. Only when someone notices the dying plant and nurses it back to health can it bloom into a beautiful thing, but this takes work and someone who cares.

His parents had never cared, had they? They probably hadn’t even noticed he was missing with the possibility of never returning. Always too busy to pay attention to him.

Sacha had given Briar an easy way to survive, and that had become his way of life. Just one more kid in the streets. It felt good to finally have regular meals, to have the sweets he wanted, to have friends to play with. School was boring, and everyone called him dumb. Surely Briar wasn’t made to fit in such an environment. He wasn’t the intellectual type, and he’d never be. Teachers were fated to hate him, and he’d hate them back for that as well.

But only one person had ever stopped to try to put him back in the right path, and that person had been a teacher. One act of kindness can go a long way. She had been the one person to make him doubt about his lifestyle. The one to tell him that it was wrong for parents to not care. The one who offered to help him understand that 2 x 2 = 4. The one who had smiled at him when his grades improved by a letter.
Ms. Haliwell was the one person who had cared for little Maximilian Rue.
Unfortunately, Max didn’t know how to return the favor. A stolen bracelet would not do for this kind woman. So, he avoided her, and continued to act like it was nothing.

Life continued its course, and habit began to consume Max’s heart like a briar smothering a fresh bush.
Soon enough, he was in the trial, now a Briar himself. How he hated that name. His tattoo was cool, but the name wawas not. Briars are prickly and cannot be touched. This Briar yearned for friends, for someone to be with him.

He had found friends.

They were also criminals, having committed offenses of varying severity. From what he heard, they regretted their crimes, and would do anything to change them. For some it was too late. They wouldn’t be able to bring things back to how they were before.

But for Briar, this was not the case. What a golden chance to right things, to right himself into the correct growth. He could tell the others wanted the best for him. How strange for some strangers to worry about him and treat him like a friend despite the hardships and uncertainty.
Now, at last, he felt he could perhaps respect their wishes. Maybe he could return to school, or have Jubilee teach him new things. He could start a new life and make new friends.

If he received forgiveness from the Innocent…
He could stop being a Briar, and turn into a beautiful blooming rose.

Context: Briar (Max) is a 12-yr old in the Quindex trials. This was one of the last posts I did for him because I did not have time to develop him much in-rp so I just kinda infodumped in one go.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 30, 2022 21:55:17  #1539

By the way, he got what I think is a happy ending!
He got forgiven and adopted by a dude nicknamed Azrael whose real name is Mattie, and they're going to live with another friend named Matthew.
Still gotta write that epilogue but the gist is that Max got sent to school and gew up to become a botanist or smthn.

Feels good to give a character a happy ending ngl. Especially because the large majority of my RP characters have their lives in standby while they wait for me to post more about their events XD

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

August 30, 2022 22:10:58  #1540

I had some thought about characters and how they develop under different circumstances but I forgot how to say it so just have that I had the thought

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

September 2, 2022 13:17:53  #1541

Thinking about Absinthe.
I think I never mentioned her but she's a character I've had in mind for quite a while now. She still has no form :') maybe I should write it up and send in one more character to use,,, then again I have a couple wip forms as well.
The name is kinda exotic lol I just like the sound of the word.
She's got something to do with one of my already existing characters. I guess it'll be obvious when (if) I send her in or roleplay her, but for now that's all I say.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

September 2, 2022 13:19:21  #1542

The one cursed thing about her name is that you could nickname her Abs and idk that's just so cursed and hilarious at the same time in my mind lol.
Realistically speaking her nickname would be something like Abbie or Cinthy. Dunno, I'm not good at nicknames.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 4, 2022 11:20:12  #1543

I'm tempted to do the MBTI test for my characters, will update when/if I do.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 7, 2022 11:53:43  #1544

Help, why does this woman look like brown haired Aereon

(disregard the text)

Like YES I originally designed her with the intention of her having that stereotypical hairstyle but...but...I can't, I'm just laughing at this

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 15, 2022 04:32:01  #1545

...I'm just looking back at some characters I made and I'm like "why did I give them this? Why dif I need to make their lives hard this way? It's not even angst, this is completely unnecessary" and it's too late to change things around but ah man perhaps if I had taken a break earlier I would've done things differently with a clearer mind.

That or I hope that it's me getting better at character creation and development.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 15, 2022 04:33:40  #1546

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I had a daydream of Martin putting apple cubes on pizza.

no, why, just why

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 15, 2022 04:38:41  #1547

Also that was unrelated to the post above it. I only remembered it is all.

~

I've been trying to draw Specter for like a month to no avail, I just can't heir their bangs right. I dunno if it's bc I've lost my touch from not drawing them in such a long time or if it's bevause my art style has evolved and the way I'm tryina draw them isn't compatible with how I draw.
Either way I got my friend Kai interested in Genshin and of course because the'r'ye an artist the first thing they did was redesign characters into Genshin style. They're doing that for Specter as well so I'm looking forward to seeing the design and drawing it myself too.
Anyways, consider, Genshin Specter is Electro because they're unique (read: a weirdo), so yep.
Nevermind it's kind of weird for them to be named Specter considering that there's some enemies that are clalled specters...

I've been playing Genshin and focusing on the story a lot again since last week zo I would indeed like to come back to the Genshin AU idea I had some months ago. Might post about that soon.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 26, 2022 22:52:01  #1548

If Specter was in Genshin I think they'd get along with Hu Tao lol
Hm
If I get to writing my thoughts about that I think I might want to make the AU version of Specter be from Liuye because of that lol.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

December 5, 2022 12:31:50  #1549

I don't really think much about my dear chicken until it comes to AUs huh
I guess his clothing should be easier to adapt since it's already kind of more fantasy-ish than some of my other designs?

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

December 11, 2022 07:15:17  #1550

I guess it's the correct season for me to finish the ideas for Specter (Santa) (Archer).
If only I could find my notes lol

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 17, 2023 18:46:31  #1551

Hmmm I'm feeling up to roleplay lately but like, I don't feel quite ready to jump into plot (considering I still haven't read the latest threads :/ I'll get to that soon though) so like, would anyone be up for just fun character interactions? I've got a bunch of OCs and I probably need to set their statuses and activities right just so I know which ones I can use and which ones are rp-locked/no longer too relevant/in need of repurposing. I think I can use some reorganizing in that area, because I really love my OCs and I don't want to straight up delete them.

I also have a new character coming soon, Absinthe (but I'll probably call her Abbie most of the time), as soon as I finish her form, which might be later rather than sooner but yeah. I'm really looking forward to her! Most of my characters for GGaD have started as spur of the moment ideas, while in Abbie's case I've been developing her steadily off a much more solid idea. That's something I appreciate in myself. The one thing that irks me a little about her is that I haven't solidified her design. I might have to post some of my ideas for it for feedback. Also I want to determine exactly what her magic does so I won't be winging it in case it pops up in roleplay too soon.

There's another issue I have that um, well, I had an f plot I was starting before my hiatus, but I never actuallly wrote anything down in my notes and... I'm so very disappointed at myself because I forgot the important points. I literally only have an unfinished character form and that's it. I'm really upset about that, but, yeah, I'll figure something out.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 17, 2023 18:48:09  #1552

But the roleplay offer remains! Please let me know if you're interested :D I wanna get back into roleplaying activity because it's hard for me to keep up with public threads but that doefsn't mean't I won't try! It's just that atm I don't have any ideas for starting a thread evern though I wanna roleplay haha

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 17, 2023 20:46:52  #1553

Oh, I'll always be open!

I think I have to establish some of my own characters some more too. Though both of the two I had in mind are kinda stuck in the flower plot, but I don't think it would hurt doing some stuff before, right?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 17, 2023 21:47:47  #1554

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

But the roleplay offer remains! Please let me know if you're interested :D I wanna get back into roleplaying activity because it's hard for me to keep up with public threads but that doefsn't mean't I won't try! It's just that atm I don't have any ideas for starting a thread evern though I wanna roleplay haha

I also need to read the public plots TwT

I will be making a new deity OC (Seis) and I plan to just use him (for now) just fun stuff. Maybe other people's plots but I'm not making my own for him XD I can finish up my form for him (I have it started)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

January 18, 2023 18:01:45  #1555

hey hey new deity huh? If you wish to look to the new flower hunt plot, you can sent in Seis as a mortal to compete for divinity. Kinda a toss up though

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 18, 2023 21:36:15  #1556

Time wrote:

hey hey new deity huh? If you wish to look to the new flower hunt plot, you can sent in Seis as a mortal to compete for divinity. Kinda a toss up though

I would but I already have some backstory for him RIP

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

January 20, 2023 18:12:42  #1557

Hmmm yes, the 3rd deity slot. I thought about that earlier when the annoucement was given and I decided to not make any new deity characters. The reason is, I already have 3 deities. It's just that before this I used to cycle between them using plot and stuff so I wouldn't have more than 2 of them active at the same time. So this means I can have all 3 in active status at the same time! I don't know if Specter's case counts, and well, I've mostly forgotten what I wanted to do with their plot...but I hope I can figure out something soon. I don't want to leave that hanging forever.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 20, 2023 18:13:37  #1558

I'll get back to you guys about my active characters for roleplaying once I've sorted out the list!

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 21, 2023 21:37:01  #1559

I'm just going to make a list of the characters off the top of my mind and post it over here in case it interests anyone. It's good for me to organize stuff visually too so I'll get to doing that next week probably as soon as I have time.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 21, 2023 21:38:21  #1560

BUT before that if you want something to ask about any of my characters or if you'd like to hear me talk about them just lemme know! I love my OCs and I'm feeling kind of rambly lately so I want to write stuff if you have questions or anything. Or just want to hear random thoughts from me lol

I've been wondering about something. Is it allowed to put reference images along with the forms in the signup thread? I have a feeling it's been done before but I'm too lazy to check rn so yeah that

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (January 21, 2023 21:49:27)

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera