HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2022 01:27:19  #1471

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

Rn most of my dev is going nto the Disc roleplay I'm in ngl
Tbh I'mm gonna remove my canon Quindex application (just keeping my character for non canon roleplay if it ever happens lol I have not used hm yet at all) because I can't handle more than two RPs at once. Ot'll be nice to have Briar as an OC tho. He's cute.

I kinda want to talk a bit about the OCs for the Danganronpa RP. Becauseof the server name I'll shortenit to DRPU.

What's fun about it is that you get to focus on one character and yo have one month or so to develop them (provided you don't die or get executed early) in interaction with a limited number of other characters. And there's a continous storyñine between RPs (I spectated the first one, rn I joined the second one) that's quite fun to see how characters discover the lore and stuff.
Also it's a real-time RP which is kinda uh. Interesting when you can't be online much but xD I manage and I'm not the only one.

Alsooo... it's refreshing to dev and roleplay in Spanish
Tbh. My online interactions have always been in English lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 26, 2022 01:35:13  #1472

As part of the staff I get spoilers for the lore and plot so there isn't much of a surprise element, thogh it IS fun to roleplay like your character is surprised, but devving lore for the whole server is a fun task.

Right now in chapter 4 out of 6 I'm fairly sure my character will survive unless stuff changes.
She's quite loved by the other roleplayers xD

I talked about her before, her name is Gwendolyn and she's the Ultimate Basketball Player. Her main characteristic was that she made friends with literally EVERY OC in the game during the first week and she kept the friendships until recently. Tbh her best friends died last case (double murder so her three BFFs died) but she got a new bestie and anyways she's still friendly but now she's fnally getting to change her opinions on other people. That's part of her character development, someone who was all cheerful and innocent (you know I love that type of character) at the beginning began to be a little more serious and to form more solid opinions on people than just "owo friends good".
To be fair she probably got traumatized by some events but if she gets out safely I'm canonly sending her to therapy.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (January 26, 2022 01:36:00)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 26, 2022 01:46:11  #1473

The 3rd roleplay in DRPU is probably going to be medieval fantasy themed (part of the lore, yes) and I already have my character ready.
Lol I had a bunch of characters ready for future roleplays actally. Sometimes I play or test them out in the non-canon RP area which can be fun but chaotic cause literally everything is allowed.

My next character is Juno and he's a clairvoyant. In designing him I accidentally made him look way too much like a certain anme character but uh I just rolled with it and copied the appearance with minor changes XD. Personality's different tho.
Then the next character is Emilia who's a depressed Italian artist and yeah I love her. She's a version of my first DR OC so. And also I based her design off a redesign Chan made for me a pair of years ago (it's on the wiki).  Anyways I'm really looking forward to roleplaying her because she's so developed and kind of complex. Smthn fun I did with her was talking out backstory with a friend and giving Emilia a canon childhood friend. So now she's friends with a pyrotechnician who's also kind of a pyromaniac and may or may not have a split personality. Non-canon interactions are priceless but canon past interactions are wholesome.

I kinda really want to use the HPA version of Dion in a canon DRPU roleplay, I'm so bad lol

I've planned those as student participants but I know in the future we're doing a killing game with teachers.
And yeah I also have a character for that though his being in that roleplay depends on how the timelne goes. This guy named Johann is a journalist and he's a lil bit shy but a nice guy in general. He's also Gwen's older brother but he doesn't know that lol.

Anyways yeah

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 26, 2022 01:48:35  #1474

I enjoy the roleplay but at times it can be so sad ngl. I've cried a couple times but it's worth it imo.
Tbh the best part by far is the character interactions.

Atm Gwendolyn is besties with a nurse, a special effects expert, a prosecutor, and a samurai.
She used to be besties with a voice actor, a babysitter, and this dude who studied dreams, but all three of them died last week so F.
She also kinda is friends with an exorcist but ngl this guy does n ot deserve her friendship cause he's very uhhh self-centered and doesn't seem to have much emotions.
There's also this talentless girl whom Gwen forgave after there was a plan to kill everyone in the second chapter. They're good friends again but it's a knd of tragic friendship because of the character and Gwen doesn't handle the serious stuff very well because of her lack of experience, but other than that they're all good.
That's basically it, and there's two people she hates but is forgivng little by little (a couple that tried to escape together and failed) which I think is nice of Gwen but also not a good idea.

As always, my characters like to develop themselves lol. They really feel like they're their own, real people most of the time and I lke that.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 26, 2022 02:01:50  #1475

I still can't get over tha fact that three characters crushed on Gwen (they all died) and another one finds her attractive.
It's hilarious cause the last thing Gwen thinks about is love xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 26, 2022 19:58:09  #1476

uhh how often do people die? And how many go in? Bc 3 in a week seems like a lot

Maybe it's a curse that whoever crushes on gwen dies

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 30, 2022 01:08:21  #1477

Usually it's two per week and the game starts with sixteen people
"Normally" some  11 characters total would die (five weeks) but there's always exceptions or stuff that happens.
For example this season it was that one of the executed ppl was mastermind and she faked her death, so now she's alive. And one of the dead characters had one of his alters put into another dead person's body so that was interesting.
Atm in the 4th week there are 10 characters alive but tomorrow there'll be 9 bc someone died today and that means trial.

Lol if the 4th guy who likes her dies next chapter it'll be a curse for real xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 30, 2022 01:12:00  #1478

Sometimes I think about how character development kinda comes easily in my mind but it doesn't translate well to words or roleplay xD

Also I wonder how it would be if I only had four or five characters instead of themany I have now? I wouldn't be able to stop making OCs, but I just wonder.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 30, 2022 01:13:23  #1479

Also thnking about that habit I have of makng AUs of stuff I like and putting my characters in them.
You shold probably expect something when I understand more about Jojo's

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 30, 2022 01:14:32  #1480

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Also I wonder how it would be if I only had four or five characters instead of themany I have now? I wouldn't be able to stop making OCs, but I just wonder.

Tbh I mostly focus on a handful of my characters but the rest still exist

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

January 30, 2022 02:41:40  #1481

There must be a lot of communication going on behind these scenes to see if stuff is allowed then huh. Or maybe they just have good flow

Oh yeah I also forget sometimes the massive amount of characters you have. Do you have a number/estimate?

Last edited by Time (January 30, 2022 02:42:50)

Time

January 31, 2022 01:59:25  #1482

Kinda, there's pretty good communixation between staff members but the server owner (Papipapi) comes p with a lot of good plot stuff
A lot of stuff that happens is because of plot purpuses, at least if it's major stuff.

Uhh I think I have around 40 submitted characters lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 15, 2022 23:27:25  #1483

So uhhh update on DRPU, finale was today and Gwen survived :D
The 4th dude who liked her ended up dying. F.
Anyways it was fun lol I'm kinda looking forward to the next rp there cause it'll be mostly a modding service as my character is destined to die. Probably.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2022 09:47:45  #1484

I forgot if I ever posted about this before or if I defined this but I'm wondering if Sollux has abs

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2022 16:58:21  #1485

I want to draw Kewl in that "I love Paris" meme format because I just feel it fits their personality so well

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2022 10:56:35  #1486

Oh so earlier this year I brainstormed Genshin AU versions of characters and I meant to post it but I kinda forgot about it and didn't type more.
It's unfinished but I'll just post it because, thoughts yeah, and besides I don't see why not.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2022 10:57:31  #1487

In my free time I’ve been thinking about how my GGaD OCs would be as characters in Genshin Impact.
Mostly about how they’d fit into Teyvat. I don’t have enough character knowledge to come up with talents and elemental somethings. But anyways, headcanons. I guess it kind of puts the main story aside in some ways, especially that I’m disregarding relations to Archons (and ignoring conflict lol) in favor of fitting each character into the world. There’s also the fact that there’s a bunch of stuff about Teyvat and even elements (*cough* Dendro *cough*) that hasn’t been released, so xD.

One of the characters I’ve thought the most about is Germaine. I’m sure she’d have a Dendro Vision, because plants and stuff, it’s her aesthetic. The problem is that the Dendro element isn’t playable yet and there’s a lot of unknown info. But other elements don’t seem like they’d fit her, like, maybe Electro because of her purple aesthetic, or Pyro/Geo because she can control those in canon, but they’re just not Germaine’s style. So I’m sticking with the idea of a Dendro Vision even though I can’t go too much in depth thinking about that.
I have two ideas for Germaine as a character. The first one is having her be half-illuminated beast so I can keep her antlers as a part of her design. I honestly don’t know if illuminated beasts exist in Teyvat outside of Liyue, and as far as I know most of them are either Adepti or somehow related to the Geo Archon (something I’m omitting in my headcanon). Anwyays, in this idea she wouldn’t be very related to the city itself, but maybe would work as an unofficial protector of sorts from outside. I think she probably focuses more on interacting with travelers or explorers outside of Liyue city.
The second idea is having Germaine be a scholar-type character. Probably a scholar in Sumeru (the center of knowledge in Teyvat). Now I don’t know if she’s from there or if she’s just studying/teaching at an academy there, but I think it’s a very interesting idea because you probably know an aspect of Germaine’s character is related to knowledge. Obviously, this means she’s a full human, just someone studying. Perhaps there’s some more “personal” motivation for her studies, I think. It’s likely that if I think up something like that, it will somehow relate to how she obtained her Vision.
Anyways, I think in either option she’d be a polearm user so I can keep her spear mastery. It’s Germaine’s signature weapon anyways :D. The idea of her being a catalyst user and using a book for her attacks though is…it’s interesting as well lol (for the scholar idea). Either way, I’m sticking with her being a polearm user.

I also thought of Bixbite. The thought of her being the Geo Archon is something that I don’t want to try, so that’s a no. I headcanoned for her “human” version as a Geo Vision holder instead. I have no idea of where she’s from or where she lives now, but the headcanon I had for her is that she’s a jeweler. Maybe a known one or a rather wealthy one. With this thought, she could very well live anywhere. Perhaps she’s lived in Mondstat all her life, or maybe she’s someone who moved to Liyue because of all the trading that goes on there, and I thought that maybe she could even live in Fontaine (sounds like a wealthier place lol) for business’s sake. Anyways, that’s that, and I think she’d be a character who keeps mostly to herself and is quite focused on her work.
By the way, I forgot to mention this, but her design keeps her cat attributes. I’m not quite sure how this works in Genshin but I do know that there’s characters whose bloodline led them to have cat ears and the like, so it could work for Bix as well. In general, for her clothing design, she’s someone whose clothing doesn’t attract much attention. Something like a “simple yet decorative” dress (which I designed and may post at some point lol). I think she might carry her Vision as a sort of brooch for a shawl-like thingy I put on her dress, or maybe pinned to the back. Idk for sure.
More of her story here is that she likely doesn’t know much about her family and isn’t in contact with them (if they’re still alive). Ngl I think she probably focuses more on her work and studying stones/jewels than in interacting with others. I think her work would be a very central part of her character here.
I’m thinking of giving her a new name for this universe as well because Bixbite is kind of reserved for when she’s a goddess, and Nyoko, well, doesn’t really fit I think xD. Kinda makes it sound like she’s from Inazuma, and while I’m not exactly focusing on name origins and the like, I still thought of this for some reason? So yeah I probably wanna find a new name for this AU Bixbite.
Bix is a catalyst user. I think one of those fancy-looking catalysts would fit her a lot better than just a book. Anyways I’m not very good at weapon design and I’m not referencing canon weapons here, so there isn’t much I can say about this. About her skills, I dunno lol, still gotta think more, and I haven’t really imagined anything for her Elemental Burst yet. I think Bix would work better in general as a support type character or maybe a sub-DPS, but she wouldn’t be someone who can be easily built as a main damage dealer.

Finally, the last characters to which I devoted my latest headcanons are Allen and Dalia.
Both are Anemo Vision holders, probably moderately wealthy nobles from Mondstat. Not quite nobles, maybe, but at least from a noble family line (ngl “Clover” as a last name doesn’t really cut it as a ‘noble’ surname xD maybe I’ll change that for the AU). 

Allen’s a sword user, with a refined and practical fighting style. In this case my idea would be that in the start of

Dalia’s a catalyst user, proobably.

For all the characters mentioned, whether they’re 5-stars or 4-stars really depends on their talents, which I haven’t thought about much.

Other characters I could and would like to headcanon about are:

• Dilanne with a Hydro Vision (Pirates exist in Teyvat, so that could be interesting)
  • A random idea I had of Laurie with a Geo Vision (probably a bow user to switch up things)
  • Sollux with a Pyro Vision definitely (A catalyst user, I think. The thing is that Sollux generally comes in a combo with Sunny, especially when it’s about story lol so idk headcanons would be more complicated. I do wonder if Sunny would have a Dendro or Anemo Vision? And I wonder what’s of the siblings’ parents. Ahh the temptation to headcanon XD.)
  • Pollo with Pyro
  • Cheetah with Pyro? (I mean, Klee exists, so Pyro-Vision-bomb-girl is a perfectly viable idea.)
  • Amande… with Pyro as well?
  • I would love to headcanon for Aereon but I have no idea of what element to assign her, I’m thinking Cryo or Electro, but Idk really.
  • Same with Yvonne, I can only think Electro because it fits her purple color scheme

Anyways yeah I had thoughts.
I can also headcanon for characters being more like “NPCs” and just having their place in the world, but I think it’s a lot more interesting to headcanon for would-be-playable characters with Visions lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2022 10:59:31  #1488

Rereading it I think it'd be fun to headcanon further, but atm I just have beta designs for Germaine and Bixbite . From January. I haven't worked on the AU more, only thought some more things.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2022 15:52:22  #1489

Smol picrew Martin

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2022 17:54:03  #1490

MARTIN CONTENT

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 17, 2022 09:24:24  #1491

Martin content! Hopefully there'll be more in the future but I don't really focus on devving him as much as I do on other characters so :')
I do need to sketch him more. I like him as I've said before.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 17, 2022 09:34:03  #1492

Last night I randomly thought that a JJBA AU version of Specter could have "Ghosts Play to the Audience" as their Stand.
I have an idea of what ability the Stand would have but I'm still wondering if it's unbalanced and if it's even possible. As for stats tbh idk lol, if I keep the ability I have in mind then Ghosts Play would probably not be very suited for combat.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 6, 2022 18:58:29  #1493

I thought simple clothing, but then there's the embroidered collars, and then there's the double belts I've been picturing instead of a single decorative one. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 8, 2022 15:08:59  #1494

That needs contexto that for some reason I didn't add???

Anyways I'd been thinking about Paymon most of the day so I posted that

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 8, 2022 16:22:40  #1495

YOOO WAIT NO DID BOARDHOST EAT MY POST

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 8, 2022 16:22:58  #1496

NO LIKE AKJBGSLJHBDGSLKJ I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO POSTING THAT

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 8, 2022 16:27:41  #1497

Anyways what I mostly remember rn was a part that I mentioned that I had so many ideas for Sollux and F/DA Sollux outfits.
She'd look real good in greens and blues and I dunno why I haven't tried those on her before.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 8, 2022 16:28:47  #1498

Martin content is not here yet, but I do have some ideas for Leila content.
Maybe... HPA AU content for both of them, that'd be cute.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 8, 2022 22:57:26  #1499

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

YOOO WAIT NO DID BOARDHOST EAT MY POST

PHIL IS THAT YOU

Time

April 9, 2022 02:20:20  #1500