GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2021 18:21:02  #1351

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

You know what I'm updating my view on Chronos

Waifu or whatever, I don't care. I think she's just best girl. Which I suppose shares a lot of qualities with each other, you know?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 21, 2021 18:42:34  #1352

Okay so I’m sorry if this sounds weird because I know I tend to have a kind of conciliatory attitude xD I really don’t mean to take this very seriously—it’s a friendly discussion, after all. I guess this part is a disclaimer.
One thing: I don’t actually have any waifus/husbandos (what’s the nonbinary version of this, if someone knows please do tell me, I’m sorry) in GGaD, so my previous posts here were in the case that I truly was the kind of person to pick one (in which case I’d still pick Germaine ). I might be a bit of a simp at times but not in this sense xD it’s just for joking most of the time. So keep that in mind. The thing is that everyone also has their own preference in this area, and from what I see it might be because of how much each of us has interacted with the characters chosen. And, really, I don’t think either that any of the characters mentioned here can be made into fitting the waifu/husband role. Like I mean if you want to I guess you can but each of them has their own role and their own story in the world of GGaD.  Each of them has their own virtues and uh the opposite I guess (lolI don’t know what word to use here, but you get the idea), their own troubles and all that.
Oh and also this conversation is based on the idea of considering details and pros and more things than just “they’re cute/handsome/hot/beautiful” xD. If it were just from that point of view, then it would be a very different case. But it’s not the one here.  I actually think this went from “waifu” to “what if [character] got into a relationship with ya” because of my lack of understanding of the term xD. But you can have anyone as your waifu or husbando, and that’d be fine. If you were picking an actual romantic partner then there’s way too many things to consider.

Everyone’s views of other characters are valid as long as there’s supporting details :3. We all have different perceptions and ways of thinking. Also, in my case, I’m not good at characterization lol so what I have in my mind may not fully and truly reflect in-roleplay.
So, from a more objective point of view (and mostly in reply to Galaxian’s post):
- That view of Germaine is pretty accurate in my opinion. The view of her being a “momfriend” mostly comes from the fact that she kinda tries to be one to others, particularly to younger characters. But…she’s not actually sticking to anyone all the time. It’s even written at the top of her wikia page. She’s just willing to help, willing to get involved in most situations, even for NPCs out-of-roleplay. So, yes, you probably do want her as a friend rather than a SO. She’ll try hard, and she’s kind, but this is just restating the personality traits we all know (and love?).
- My impression of Chronos being an older sister comes from her relationship with Time. I think that if she got that close to someone (nor romantically) it’s probably the way she’d act, but in the roleplay I don’t think she has that close relationship with anyone but her twin. She’s kind enough, and like I stated in a previous post, I love her personality xD. But, y’know, I think I would hesitate a little bit if I wanted to be her friend, cause she really seems to be really invested in her relationship with Time. And I guess the rest of the Clocktower peeps too, but you know. I feel she’s still friendly, but it’d be hard to get to that same level of closeness or somewhere near. But yeah, @Time I feel her personality gets her close to “Best Girl”! I definitely, definitely like her as a character. We love characters with bubbly, caring, and empathetic traits!
- Time, yeah I don’t think Time can easily be classified as a husbando xD. I agree that he’d be “niche”, but that still means there’s someone who likes him! Too hard for me to imagine him in a relationship, I mean based on the Time x Senshei thing. That’s where Forumer Time’s comment about a different portrayal comes in. I’m really curious about that, but tbh I feel it’s better if Time stays single xD. GGaD!Time seems to have his own troubles, and then there’s his background too, which I think is cool but it’s also something pretty touchy. I think it affects him and is a reason for the way he is towards family more than just simply his personality. (@Time, does GGaD!Time have abs? )
- Echo’s post is a beautiful display of Alma’s good qualities! I love Alma and I love his design. Personally, tho, he’s not really my type xD. Once again I like him as a character. Even in the roleplay I fear for his welfare tho, in the sense that Galaxian mentioned. But despite that, and despite the fact that he’s involved with people who are involved with plot trouble, I kind of feel that (if that part were toned down) he probably has a high husbando rating xD. In terms of personality, yes I love him, I think I could say that over and over again uwu.
- I don’t see Rensa as an actual husbando either, don’t worry @Galaxian xD. That comes from a joke, and I will keep joking about it, because honestly he looks handsome lol. But, if the term husbando was based on looks only… :3 Okay jk xD. I don’t know him as a character, so I can’t say much here, but if he’s like you say then I really want to meet him in the roleplay :D.
-Waifu Wiley lives on in our hearts, even approved by the !ratewaifu function, best waifu 10/10.

I’m tired of having “husbando” and “waifu” autocorrected to “husband” and “wife”, at least this post is here now xD.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

September 21, 2021 20:34:29  #1353

Yeah. I think I'd probably. Make him more chilled out and more sarcastic, while still being awkward. If he ever got into another relationship. Honestly I think I'll portray him more sarcastic and chilled out too just in general.

No, ggad Time does not have abs. However he is still fit enough to do things. Mainly relies on enchantments and stuff to do more physical stuff. Does Germaine have abs?

Time

September 21, 2021 22:13:25  #1354

Actually scratch that whether or not time has abs is based off of this question

@Eliza does Chronos have abs??

Time

September 21, 2021 22:22:47  #1355

I'm actually confused on how that would make a difference. Like I can actually see you comparing Germaine and Chronos but I don't see how Chronos having abs would affect Time any xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 21, 2021 22:53:34  #1356

If Chronos has abs then Time has abs because there is no way I'm letting Chronos have abs and Time not have abs too.

if one has abs and the other doesn't It feels weird to me

Time

September 22, 2021 11:44:54  #1357

According to Eliza, Chronos doesn't have abs. I guess Time doesn't either then.
This thought is funny xD

I'm not sure if Germaine has abs, but she's pretty well-toned so maybe she has a bit? I don't know if I'll ever know either because I've never drawn her with her abdomen exposed and I don't know if I want to do that xD. She has stronk arms though, slim but muscled.

Specter

September 22, 2021 11:48:37  #1358

Just so you guys know: You can have abs but not be very strong, and you can not have abs and be really strong. Visible abs come from dieting and getting rid of the fat covering up your muscles to make them more visible. 

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

September 22, 2021 11:50:53  #1359

You might have less fat in the abdomen, but the muscles won't be well-defined (abs) if you don't exercise and core exercises do tend to increase your physical strength. 

Specter

September 22, 2021 15:32:18  #1360

Yeah. I get ya, but let's just say rn when we say abs, we're talking about like, athletic abs not skinny abs

Time

September 22, 2021 23:13:28  #1361

I think the topic came to a close here (at least for now) xD

Just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about roleplaying
I just wanna catch up with some important things I've got irl before devoting myself to the roleplay again. Hopefully tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or this weekend.
Also there's a thread I've been kinda shy to post, maybe I can get enough courage to finally post it lol but it's just that I'm so bad at public threads xD

Specter

September 22, 2021 23:18:18  #1362

This song got into my playlist again :0

It's GGaD!Bixbite's theme song, but listening to it again I feel it fits Nyoko (F/DA) much better.
I was just thinking, because they're both versions of the same character, but the songs can be interpreted slightly different for each in order to fit their situations.
Tbh if the music were a little softer (like a music box cover I once heard) it would be an absolutely perfect fit.
No analysis because I'm tired and need to sleep, so yeah that was just some thoughts. 

Specter

September 22, 2021 23:43:38  #1363

Nah I might continue it out of nowhere soon

anyways go ahead and post it! We need more GGaD anyways! (When you have time of course)

Time

September 23, 2021 23:24:10  #1364

In trying to brainstorm for a society I have to craft for homework I'm getting slightly concerned because my mind is already leaning in the direction of character creation and OC adaptation...

Specter

September 23, 2021 23:24:52  #1365

Time wrote:

Nah I might continue it out of nowhere soon

anyways go ahead and post it! We need more GGaD anyways! (When you have time of course)

I wanna see your thoughts, feel free to continue posting about the topic when you want :3

I hope to not disappoint,,, :'),,,

Specter

September 26, 2021 01:05:42  #1366

Came here all motivated to roleplay but I got tired quickly before even getting to the public threads.
I just really don't like how these last ones I'm about to send in just look, I really don't like it, but also I don't want to drag it on any further.
Maybe I'm just tired, and maybe I can't write very well when I'm tired. But I'm glad to write again. It'a always like that when I stop roleplaying for a couple days. It feels refreshing to get into character mindsets again and get my imagination working in the story. But I don't like how I feel that I'm missing the point of the other roleplayer(s)'s posts, and also I can never convey my whole mental picture. Well, pracetice makes the master, I guess.
I think I used up too much brain juice today xD it must be in the negatives right now, but just for now, just for now. 

Specter

September 27, 2021 07:12:20  #1367

I found out Amar's name apparently means something related to long life and immortality lol
I didn't know, I just kinda "made it up" because his original name was a pun and the name fit just right xD
It's not a pun now lol but it's better this way xD

Specter

September 28, 2021 19:01:44  #1368

Wouldn't it be funny if our roleplaying when we're older is like "oh no...the antagonist took my savings, now I can't pay my taxes and my insurance doesn't cover this..."

Specter

September 29, 2021 01:32:13  #1369

Honestly it's not too far out of reality. It makes sense for a character to stress out over that stuff

Time

September 29, 2021 01:35:03  #1370

Tbh, if a real person can stress over it, then a character can too xD.
I was just saying cause like, y'know, it's a joke, imagine the roleplay but with stereotypical "adult problems" instead of the more fantasy ones we have atm

Specter

September 29, 2021 01:38:13  #1371

I can imagine

It's probably a lot more boring. In my current eyes

Time

September 29, 2021 12:47:42  #1372

I'm sure it's possible to weave this kind of troubles into a character. It's just something natural to way of life I think. But it'd be weird if it took completely over everything xD

Specter

September 29, 2021 16:40:42  #1373

Imagine if in threads it were possible to take wrong decision that lead to a Bad End and you have to retry from some posts ago lol
Roleplaying but hard mode

Specter

September 29, 2021 16:44:34  #1374

Hmm I'm just thinking how it's interesting that Yvonne said she just "lives in the moment" but she's the one who tends to dream about the future a lot.

Specter

September 29, 2021 17:23:04  #1375

Yvonne is definitely not the easiest character I can narrate (not the hardest either) but I feel that most of the time I roleplay her more accurately than my other characters and I feel more satisfied with my RP posts for her.
Maybe because I have a more consisted idea about how she acts? But it won't stop me from going OOC on accident some times maybe though.
Yvonne rarely goes out because she has a sense of not fitting in with the rest of people she sees or meets.  So I think it's sweet she thinks of the Clocktower as home. I mean, for real there isn't anywhere else she could go, and the way she is makes it almost impossible for her to ask another god or powerful character for help.

I wonder now...I know the backstory for Yvonne (so far) is that Time scouted her for her magic potential and brought her to the Clocktower, but I think there might have been more involved. Like I'm sure it can be summarized by that, but when I think of it more, I just doubt it was that simple. I think it's more likely that there was a plea from Yvonne. Of course she also has that magic potential too. Ooh, I can imagine though...but I'll think more about it before asking forumer Time about this.

Specter

September 29, 2021 17:37:20  #1376

I know some months ago I had an idea for a thread with Kewl but I just only remembered that I had an idea and not what the idea actually was xD

Specter

September 29, 2021 19:34:08  #1377

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Imagine if in threads it were possible to take wrong decision that lead to a Bad End and you have to retry from some posts ago lol
Roleplaying but hard mode

That sounds so traumatizing, I want it so bad now

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 29, 2021 20:46:05  #1378

I mean I guess I think the idea is kinda attractive xD
But like at the same time I don't think it'd be optimal for our kind of roleplaying lol.

Specter

September 29, 2021 20:49:23  #1379

Maybe.......a thread for Halloween...?

Specter

September 29, 2021 22:26:30  #1380

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Ooh, I can imagine though...but I'll think more about it before asking forumer Time about this.

Truly, when it comes to character backstory I'm pretty lenient on lore and stuff when it comes to relations with Time and other characters I have. But I'm very interested on backstory all the time yes.

Maybe. Tbh. Kinda an interesting thought. A bad end.

Time

Board footera