GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 18, 2023 02:55:55  #9091

Re: The Idea Fortress 🍭👻🍭 Specter's Homethread,

No I totally forgot about it ngl. You know how sleep resets your brain a lot of the time.

Hope that things turn out well for that project of yours, and I also hope you enjoy yourself on that vacation when it comes around!

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 20, 2023 08:48:28  #9092

That happens xD hope you eventally get to eat it tho :D

Ty, and yeah, I have lots to look forward to once the semester ends hehee

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 20, 2023 09:13:40  #9093

Thinking so much about the forums these days that I dreamed the WoFMB had opened back up again and it was kind of bittersweet

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 20, 2023 15:35:57  #9094

Neverending legend of me messing with the brightness when trying to adjust the volume

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 21, 2023 02:38:50  #9095

I think if it ever opened up again, it would never really be the same. People changing and time passing and such.

Plus, ugh, I don't wanna deal with that petty drama...

...But it was still fun tho.

Last edited by Time (November 21, 2023 02:39:24)

Time

November 22, 2023 08:14:26  #9096

Yeah. Definitely the sort of thing I can say was amazing while it lasted :D

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 08:16:18  #9097

Breaking news: local student realizes for the umpteenth time that working on things unrelated to their graded projects while on a deadlined schedule is not a good idea!

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 08:17:26  #9098

Sometimes I feel like I would love to know how to play the flute and the harp
I wish there existed a way to just kinda. play. music. But nooo, one has to practice and practice in order to get something to sound even just a little bit good.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 08:21:55  #9099

Yesterday in one of my classes we had a dynamic of having to create ads on the spot and then act them out.
It was fun, sure, but I think that's the sort of thing that I would've liked to have more time with doing xD feel like my brain got squeezed dry of creativity right then and there and also my group was chosen to act first in front of everyone and we did horribly because my classmate forgot his lines but it was funny anyways. Definitely would've been better if 1. We knew what we had to do from beforehand, 2. Had been given time to practice, 3. This class had been an acting class because it was absolutely not related to that.
Anyways, fun! Looking forward to draining my imagination in future classes that are actually related to advertisements. I find them so much fun, it's a very interesting concept to figure out the ways to draw people's attentions and how to cater to their needs and wants in a way they'll subconsciously want to do what you're advertising.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 13:11:46  #9100

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Sometimes I feel like I would love to know how to play the flute and the harp
I wish there existed a way to just kinda. play. music. But nooo, one has to practice and practice in order to get something to sound even just a little bit good.

me wishing i could be an entire orchestra so I could record music myself:

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

November 22, 2023 15:05:21  #9101

THAT WOULD BE SO GOALSSSS
Oftentimes I get so sad when I think about how there's a limit to the things I can learn 😔

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 17:54:14  #9102

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 17:54:38  #9103

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 22, 2023 20:04:09  #9104

This is some Russet-type posting Spec

Time

November 23, 2023 15:01:45  #9105

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 23, 2023 16:24:04  #9106

Real!?! 🤯

Time

November 25, 2023 11:53:18  #9107

Really annoyed by people who claim their love their pets but won't put in effort to feed them or take them to the vet or even take them for a walk. Why would you keep an animal you're not going to care for? And even more so, why do you say you love them when your actions clearly show you don't?
So angry rn.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 30, 2023 12:05:47  #9108

Positively angry rn, full of pure unbridled rage, I need to put on boxing gloves and punch something to pieces, or eat a whole cake by myself too that would work

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

November 30, 2023 17:13:19  #9109

That's really unfortunate, I hope things get better. For you or for whatever is really the source of this feeling.

Time

December 1, 2023 14:17:18  #9110

Yeah I took the energy of rage to good use and deep-cleaned my room. Really needed that and I feel better now.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 1, 2023 16:04:04  #9111

Miss Genshin sm. I came to love world exploration in videogames and I don't really have other games with similar feature (the N64 Zelda games don't count because their map is small and I don't feel like playing through all of Majora's Mask's story just to explore rn). It's so fun to just run around and jump and see different sceneries.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 1, 2023 16:06:17  #9112

I'm in this slightly weird state rn, maybe because of the deadline I have before travlling, and it's kind of like there's so many things I want to do! Things to start! Things to continue! So many wip projects! But between finals and the deadline I doubt that I'll be able to finish anything in time or even get much progress, and that's stopping me from starting many things. It feels like I'm sitting around in a pot of ideas and being unable to take action on them.
I mean, not all of them, but for some of the ideas I have it's much harder to think about getting started than others. 

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 1, 2023 16:07:28  #9113

Maybe it's kind of combined with that at this point I'm just ready for the semester to end. I'm tired of going to classes and I'm tired of writing essays and dealing with numbers. A lil break would be amazing, but there's still a pair of weeks to go before that arrives, and it's driving me mad. 

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 1, 2023 16:10:55  #9114

Anyways for one of the projects I mentioned before is that I've been wanting to doodle a lot since a couple months ago and try new lighting techniques and stuff like that, and I had an idea of trying to see how many GGaD characters I can do as practice. I mean characters other than the ones I draw the most, and I think it would be good practice but also I'm scared of getting the depictions wrong. 
Of the two sketches I had as WIPs for this I picked up one recently to finish it and it might be the only one I get done before my break starts. Problem is that while the pose is pretty cool I don't remember what I wanted to do for composition so ig I'll just slap around some stuff? (As a fun/silly note I accidentally made this character kinda buff while drawing the body base. It was funny but then I remembered the canon build is prolly more slender and also the clothes ended up covering everything so lol)

TL;DR: If you want your GGaD character drawn by me hmu and I'll put them on the list but mind that there may be inaccuracies.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 1, 2023 16:57:30  #9115

I'M HFJBHFJSJD ONE OF THE FICS I FOLLOW GOT DISCONTINUED I AM IN AHJDSHAJ A G O N Y

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 1, 2023 18:01:02  #9116

RIP 😔

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

December 1, 2023 22:26:56  #9117

I very much so get that feeling. The feeling of just having a lot of internal, pent up anticipation, and not knowing what to do with it. So if not used properly, it just ebbs away.

Definitely looking forwards to it a break from school as well. 100%.

Oh, and you can always draw any of my ggad characters, I'd just feel kinda weird because I barely draw anyone's characters let alone even my own.

Time

December 6, 2023 20:33:55  #9118

F/GO LB6 spoiler

I'm very taken with the idea of the Tam Lin, and I would love to post more about them in the future if I remember. But right now I'm thinking a lot about Tam Lin Lancelot.
I really like the theme she shares with Tam Lin Gawain, that being the concept of having their true natures sealed away by virtue of being gifted a second name. In both their cases it's very tragic and the whole thing was even prophesied from beforehand so there was no way for them to avoid it, but for TL Lancelot I feel like she could maybe have done something in regards to that?
I keep wondering, would it have been different if she chose to pay her respects to Morgan or another fairy, would she have changed shape again and maybe avoided the heartbreak that came with following Aurora's orders? It feels like their relationship is based on something similar to toxic love, and yet in a way that TL Lancelot is aware of. Of course the whole magical factor of not wanting to lose her sense of self  if she left Aurora factors in with more strength, but she was aware of that and the fact that she did nothing to change it either shows that she was physically unable to do anything about it (I feel it was more of an emotional thing) or just too focused on following her own ideals of knighthood and duty and the like. It's just that, in contrast to TL Gawain who does things because she firmly believes in Morgan and her duty to Fairy Britain, TL Lancelot does things that she's constantly broken up about and even go directly against what she wants. All for "love". I mean, the murder of a WHOLE clan she was partially indebted to (protection of her place of origin), and it's implied that she's done similar things for Aurora before. 
I like the concept of Tam Lin Lancelot, I really do. And the moments with her in the story were interesting as well. But there's some things that don't feel like they quite fit, and tbh knowing me I probably missed a part of explanation or something and that's why to me she feels like she's slightly incomplete. I stand by  my idea that she could have changed her destiny but her personality is slightly weird to me (why was she supposed to act cold and such and in reality given a very expressive personality? For contrast? To make sure her emotions got in the way of what could've been her salvation?) and I feel like she could have been so much more.
Well, whatever, these are just thoughts swirling in my mind rn, and maybe they won't make sense when I've sat on the ideas for longer and check back on this. I haven't finished LB6 yet so maybe there's something more to be added. Highly doubt tho bc TL Lancelot's part ended several sections ago and I think pretty much everything about the fairies' nature has been explained already. Plus I'm already in the final part.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 6, 2023 21:00:04  #9119

Still spoiler

Tbh i think the best way to summarize my current state of thoughts on this is
Tam Lin Gawain didn't have a way of avoiding her nature as Barghest since it was literally prophesied and she knew from the start that her attempts to keep in line could fail at any moment, and she knew of her own nature. On the other hand, Tam Lin Lancelot feels like she could have avoided her nature if she'd taken different actions.
Maybe I'm completely wrong in this but idk it's still in my mind.

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

December 12, 2023 18:24:56  #9120

LB6 has been finished and I'm just about finished with my finals too. Now that I'm sitting in front of my laptop I feel super weird to not have a ton of studying-related tabs open since it's something I've gotten used to xD. I think it'll be nice to get away from the learning for a bit but it's def gonna be a little hard to settle into the new routine as well. After I get back from my trip ofc since that basically breaks any routine structure I can think about lol. 
There's a bunch of things that have been on my mind all through the semester and I think what I mostly would like to focus on now is a project I've left hanging for a while. Let's see if I can truly get to work on it or if all my personal projects are doomed to be eternal WIPs lol. But maybe I should try to set a bit more structure on the free part of my vacations instead of just letting everything be and seeing what comes to mind, since I won't get anything done that way. Welp, I rarely get things done anyways. 
I recently got an updated version of Clip Studio Paint so I'll be thrilled to discover the new features/tools once I return from my trip. There are many things in my mind for sure :D

Specter
Your loyal Saint 🌹
Totally not an 
Imposter.

Board footera