GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2023 22:51:18  #8731

Re: The Idea Fortress 🍭👻🍭 Specter's Homethread,

General Management is one of my favorite courses and sometimes I feel like infodumping here a bit of what I've learned. I especially enjoy the tests because we're given real life cases which we have to evaluate based on the theories we've learned, and it's not only easy but it also gives us a chance to apply the things we now know. I think I briefly mentioned the Epic Games v. Apple case weeks ago, which was one I thoroughly enjoyed. It's quite easy (for me) to forget that behind fun games and fun or helpful services there's an actual business, with people working and trying hard to make something people will buy and make money through it.
In my life I've never thought much about businesses aside from general common sense thoughts that probably everyone knows, but getting to learn more about how they work on the inside and how the business world works is something I am very glad to be able to experience. I definitely didn't think I'd end up enjoying it this much haha, as my original goal was to be part of a marketing team but now I'm learning how to create my own business.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

May 17, 2023 13:54:47  #8732

I love when we come across things that we enjoy much more than expected. It's always great.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 17, 2023 22:37:50  #8733

Yeah, for sure it is! I've found out that teh business world is not all dull and drab like I used to think as a kid. It's so interesting, though that might be just because of my field of study lol for sure it's fun to evaluate things now that I can understand the theory behind it.

Specter

May 17, 2023 22:40:47  #8734

Also I was looking at ideas in Pinterest and I think I had a great idea for a simple painting for my living room.
It's been a while since I last grabbed a paintbrush with painting intentions. I wish I could find my tube of black paint tho

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (May 17, 2023 22:41:28)

Specter

May 17, 2023 22:51:21  #8735

Yesterday I found a song I enjoyed and one of the lines is just looping in my mind lol
"Never mind the rising light, there's no sight of day or dawning. in my heart it's still the night, and we'll stay until the morning!"
I do wonder what the Irish parts of the lyrics say (I think it's Irish at least) but I'll look that up later.

Specter

May 17, 2023 22:53:17  #8736

please I can't wait for the weekend already I wish I could timeskip through my tasks

Specter

May 18, 2023 11:25:47  #8737

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

please I can't wait for the weekend already I wish I could timeskip through my tasks

Thinking back on this timeskipping would be a horrible thing, I'm remembering that tale of the boy who had the thread of his life in his hands ghfgjldfkjg

Specter

May 18, 2023 20:12:05  #8738

Remind me to share that story later

Specter

May 18, 2023 20:46:49  #8739

But first I want to share about an article I had to analyze
Apparently some guy many years ago claimed the moon as his own and is selling plots of land not only on there, but also on Mars and some other planets.
I don't know what that guy was thinking but he's rich now lol

Specter

May 18, 2023 22:58:23  #8740

I need to finish putting stars on my ceiling

Specter

May 19, 2023 17:35:18  #8741

Just came back from a class rep meeting :D
It was a lot of fun and very instructive but I'll spare you the details. I'm just happy I can actually act like a voice for my classmates in a more serious context. There were fun activities but everything was geared towards bettering the overall student experience and I got to meet other reps, so we exchanged info and all that. Plus at the end we got sandwiches and I got a cool keychain.

Specter

May 19, 2023 22:22:02  #8742

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I've had a sort of tic on one of my lower eyelids since like 3-4 days ago and it's bothering me so much >:/ can it please stop

when will this torture stop it's so uncomfortable
*cries in overdramatic*

Specter

May 19, 2023 22:28:35  #8743

I remembered something stupid I posted 3-4 years ago and I want to smack my face into the keyboard because only now did I realize what I hadn't understood from the post I replied to.

Specter

May 19, 2023 23:01:52  #8744

Please do yell at me if you see me online too much tomorrow before the evening, I'm taking a break from my work tonight but leaving it all to finish tomorrow so I shouldn't get too sidetracked on here.

Specter

May 20, 2023 01:27:25  #8745

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Remind me to share that story later

You should share that story, if you are open, and are NOT getting sidetracked

Also, for the one with the mars and earth... how do you even do that?

Last edited by Time (May 20, 2023 01:27:48)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 20, 2023 10:48:57  #8746

Yes thank you for the reminder Time :D
Okay, I'll try my best to remain off social media till today's evening. All my replies will be on hold till then.
Isn't it hilarious how usually I'm all relaxed over replies and stuff and the week in which I'm the busiest I just get an urge to talk and roleplay on here xD

Specter

May 20, 2023 18:51:47  #8747

Taking a break rn so let's type up the story I mentioned before! Mind that I'm going from memory so some stuff might be missing lol.

The story is about a young prince who was in the middle of learning school stuff, and he was very very bored because he just wanted to go out and play to so as he pleased. He grumbled and complained, but his tutor wouldn't let him go outside. After much sighing, the prince said out loud, "I wish I could skip straight to having finished school! That way I won't have to do a thing, and I will just be able to play and enjoy myself."
Right after he said that, a mysterious shining figure appeared in the room and adressed the prince, telling him that it had acknowledged his desire to skip through time, and as such was going to grant him control of the time of his own life. After saying this, the being handed the prince a spool of thread and instructed him saying, "This thread represents your life. When you pull on it, your life will pass quickly, and you will be able to live any moment of your life that you desire, But do mind that the time that has passed cannot be brought back."
The prince was too eager to accept the spool and quickly pulled on the bit of thread there, and in the blink of an eye he found himself taller, standing in his father's room. The atmosphere all around was very somber, it didn't take much for him to notice that his father was about to die. Not wanting to deal with that and the aftermath, the now-teenager pulled on the thread again and now found himself a young man (king now that his father was dead), sitting at a wonderful dinner table with a beautiful lady at his side. Happy with the arrangement, he set himself to enjoy the food, until a messenger ran up to him to tell him that the neighboring country had declared war and and army was coming. The young man sighed bitterly and yanked on the thread again, bored with how many horrible things his life had to offer, but this time he was careless and pulled a little too hard. The thread came looser and looser, and he felt his body become frail and thin. He was now an old man, and only a little bit of thread remained on the spool. Desperate at the current situation, he called out loud for the heavens to explain what was going on, to offer a solution to the problem, and the being he had encountered in his not-too-distant youth appeared once again in front of him.
It told him that he had accepted the terms of how he would use the thread and was now facing the consecuences. Not wanting to accept this fate, the old king tried in vain to rewrap the thread on the spool with all his might, growing weaker and weaker by the second until in one wrong movement he pulled again by accident and the last bit of thread came loose from the spool, causing him to die on the spot. And so perished the boy who wanted to skip his responsibilities after experiencing his whole life in just a few minutes.

Specter

May 20, 2023 18:52:14  #8748

So uhhh don't skip your tasks lol

Specter

May 22, 2023 22:30:40  #8749

My dream is to get a yellow shirt with a red Among Us crewmate in the center but I can't find one irl and looking them up shows that shipping is expensive

Specter

May 22, 2023 22:41:08  #8750

You want a Chinese Amogus shirt? 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 23, 2023 10:09:13  #8751

If it has an Amogus then I don't mind where it comes from lol

Specter

May 23, 2023 16:12:24  #8752

Got Archer Emiya in F/GO :D

Specter

May 24, 2023 14:58:34  #8753

Video game myusic analysis videos have me in a tight grip

Specter

May 25, 2023 22:02:27  #8754

Ahhh finally held a brush and started a little painting of sorts. It's been a while since I last worked with acrylics so we'll see!

Specter

May 25, 2023 22:04:17  #8755

I definitely have to perfect my painting technique. With oils I just kinda blend so it looks nice but I know there's other ways to use the paints, I just haven't learned them. And with acrylics... I paint like a 5-year-old, blocks of color with a highlight here and there. I love the feel of the brush on a canvas but I'm definitely not practiced at all xD

Specter

May 25, 2023 22:40:03  #8756

Oh also I downloaded an emulator to play Kingdom Hearts in someday I'm freer. I didn't get too far back when I borrowed the game from a cousin, so this time I wanna see where it goes. 
The keybinds are being a little problematic because I think I set them up the wrong way and I can't lock on to targets xD so we'll see, if the gameplay turns out to be too difficult I'll just drop the game and go for a playthrough.

Specter

May 25, 2023 22:41:09  #8757

This is totally responsible of me, being halfway through the semester and downloading two roms to play aside from my gacha games smh 

Specter

May 26, 2023 18:26:44  #8758

Sometimes I wish I could just upload sheet music directly into my brain instead of having to practice it so much fhfhdfhj

Specter

May 27, 2023 15:32:53  #8759

Really love when watching anime/doing a playthrough with a friend turns into guessing character MBTI types xD

Specter

May 29, 2023 09:49:01  #8760

Found out that if I borrow a Muramasa and use Reines + Waver I can 3-turn any farming node (as long as it's not Archers) and I am one happy camper :D

Specter

Board footera