HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2023 00:36:46  #8581

Re: The Idea Fortress πŸ­πŸ‘»πŸ­ Specter's Homethread,

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

You know that feeling when you think you made a wonderful, really cool drawing but the next day you just look at it and it looks horrible

All the time.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 18, 2023 03:41:41  #8582

Time wrote:

I always wonder why anime characters are so young. Like, why did Giorno have to be 15?? Bro is 15!

Ikr! When we first found out his age my brother was like "He is NOT 15, there's no way" and I'm still like. Dude, he's one weird 15-yr-old xD I mean I guess for his appearance I can blame the Joestar genes he has, and for personality I really don't know if I can blame it on his childhood trauma because he's quite interesting and Idk if that can explain everything. I mean, come on, he's really OP for just a young dude lol, compared with the rest. I guess it might be the setting too.
Like Josuke in pt 4 is older (16) and he's really one of the few Jojos to actually act his age.

As for why anime characters are so young I have two ideas. First is probably because of the target audience, bc teens will want to see similarly aged people being cool and doing stuff,Β  and second probably because teens are emotionally unstable/undeveloped and they go through a lot, which makes for interesting plots.

Sometimes I wonder if stuff happened to me, would I end up as a cool anime protagonist or would I just kinda. die like a side character?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 03:43:45  #8583

GIORNO IS 15????

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
β€œIf he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, β€œI shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 18, 2023 03:59:28  #8584

Yessir, this dude is 15

He's the youngest Jojo and that's kinda funny imo

Not my favorite Jojo character-wise but I think that'sΒ  because the rest of team Bucciarati have such varied and colorful personalities and motivations that they overshadow the protagonist. Bc before the team is introduced, Giorno actually stands out well with his motivation and strength.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 04:06:57  #8585

Also funny is that Narancia is 17 but he acts like the youngest one in the team lol

I mean I would believe you if you told me he was 17 but he certainly seems younger both in appearance and personality, especially when compared to Giorno and Fugo who are younger than him and look/act more mature.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 18, 2023 04:11:24)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 04:09:26  #8586

Anyways a haha funny comic I found while looking for the fanarts above

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 04:17:37  #8587

Anyways, Team Bucciarati supremacy!

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 18, 2023 04:17:55)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 13:57:43  #8588

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I love how this image makes it look like Fugo and Narancia's abilities are strawberries and oranges, respectively

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 19, 2023 22:57:36  #8589

Played so much volleyball today I feel like my arms are going to fall off hgnfhdgdfj

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 20, 2023 20:09:49  #8590

Hmmm slow day today or I missed posts

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 21, 2023 02:14:49  #8591

Sometimes I think it may be partially due to me case I haven't been posting as often

Time

March 21, 2023 02:22:46  #8592

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Time wrote:

I always wonder why anime characters are so young. Like, why did Giorno have to be 15?? Bro is 15!

As for why anime characters are so young I have two ideas. First is probably because of the target audience, bc teens will want to see similarly aged people being cool and doing stuff,  and second probably because teens are emotionally unstable/undeveloped and they go through a lot, which makes for interesting plots.

Sometimes I wonder if stuff happened to me, would I end up as a cool anime protagonist or would I just kinda. die like a side character?

I think these two reasons can be quite true....

But with the second claim, I used to think about it as good reasoning, but as of current I think you could make any character at any age to be mentally unstable.

I sometimes wonder if I have the potential to be a COOL anime protag as well lol. Idk if I could for jojos, cause the amount of quick thinking and stuff they do for resolve is kinda wild.

Time

March 22, 2023 12:53:30  #8593

Dw about not posting much, inactivity periods happen sometimes and you're not the only one who posts on the forum hehe.

Time wrote:

But with the second claim, I used to think about it as good reasoning, but as of current I think you could make any character at any age to be mentally unstable.

I sometimes wonder if I have the potential to be a COOL anime protag as well lol. Idk if I could for jojos, cause the amount of quick thinking and stuff they do for resolve is kinda wild.

I'm not sure "unstable" is the word I'd use xD yeah sure a lot of characters can be mentally unstable, that means problems, but I meant more like teens are at the peak point of personality development, they're reacting to their experiences and surroundings without being completely mature (most of the time) and that makes for pretty cool character development I think. I'm not saying an adult can't be a good protag or that they can't have development, but I do think it's different in most cases.

For JJBA I think as long as you have a vast knowledge of trivia you should be fine xD helps to counter Stand attacks with how many weird science facts and all that that they pull out lol. Also get a Jobro.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 10:21:54  #8594

When I had made my schedule for the day with stuff I was looking forward to and then I find out that the things were canceled ah well no matter I'll just find something else to do

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 14:43:40  #8595

I love playing Genshin and F/GO but geez the events, F/GO is so stressful with the event farming that I don't feel as motivated to play it anymore (I just want to continue the story PLEASE give me a month without any events) and my timeplaying Genshin has been limited so while the events aren't stresfful bc there's less content, I barely have time to do anything anymore ajgfkgldsjgkdf

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 15:58:21  #8596

https://youtu.be/pMA3x-bc8iM

I mean... I would have laughed a lot too lol.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 17:46:44  #8597

Sometimes I think that if I had a better desk then my wrist wouldn't hurt after drawing for 5 hours straight
I mean I have no business drawing for that long and I have no right to complain given that it's enough for me to have a working laptop and tablet to work with, but,,,,

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 24, 2023 09:39:47  #8598

this is why I draw on the floor

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 24, 2023 10:13:16  #8599

Yeah it's easier when you want a good look on paper
but like for me I like to have my laptop set at the right angle with my tablet for digital and I feel more comfortable in my desk for that

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 24, 2023 22:22:31  #8600

I'm starting classes next week and while I'm looking forward to being in a classroom again I know I'm going to miss all the free time and lazing around I've done these vacations
But I made some plans for future vacations and I hope they can be fulfilled.
For now I just got ready to start my semester and all that's left is to get my mind ready haha

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 25, 2023 00:54:07  #8601

Breaks are never long enough ):, but good luck with the start of the semester! And definitely make the rest of your break too (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 25, 2023 20:56:02  #8602

Yeah... at first I thought three months was a lot for a break but now I'm not so sure xD
Tanks for the good wishes! I'll definitely make the most of this weekend haha though I hope the first week at least will be light on the workload.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 25, 2023 20:56:29  #8603

And now a change of topic for me to wonder about why English doesn't have a formal version of "you", that always makes me feel so weird I swear

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 16:53:41  #8604

Startin off the semester strong with over 21 emails in a few hours and texts from new classmates huh :D
I'm still somewhat confident in my organization abilities having improved since last year, which is why I haven't given a partial inactivity notice (but I'll let you know if anything comes up).
The bright side is that this time I haven't felt like a stranger in class haha. I guess I even kind of missed the classroom environment? I'm so grateful for air conditioning.Β 
The one thing that shocked me is the sheer quantity of students this time around. I arrived too early to class so it wasn't that bad on the way to where I had to go, butΒ afterΒ the class, it was a mess. The elevators collapsed and I'm pretty sure there were like more than 20 people in each, so we decided to take the stairs down only to find that there was HEAVY TRAFFIC from the 5th floor on. Yeah. We had to wait step by step because there were too many , TOO MANY people trying to go up and down at the same time.Β 
Though that made me a bit nervious (almost got pushed downstars, fun :'D) I was glad that I happened to be in the same class as two closer classmates from the previous semester, so we just stuck together through the student stampede lol.
Also a donut shop opened and I've got my eyes on that for one of these days I get hungry.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 17:00:46  #8605

I'm confident for most of my classes this time around, and hoping to once again become class... leader/representative/delegate/deputy(what's the correct word for this?) for one of my in-person classes. Hopefully tomorrow, that I'll be there literally all morning (I hate waking up early lol but well).Β 
And I'm also hoping that this time the math class doesn't kick my butt lol. That class has something that makes me feel stupid for half the lecture until we get to the exercises and I finally understand. But given that last semester it was the class with the worst grades, I hope this time I can do it better. I'm really not bad at maths and yet I have no idea why it's so hard for me to understand what the teacher is saying until I can get to do it myself. It irks me a lot. Maybe I have to change my learning strategy?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 17:01:49  #8606

One of my new classmates came to class with four bags of donuts which she ate while we listened to the teacher so now I can't get the idea of donuts out of my mind ugh

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 28, 2023 16:59:54  #8607

Got lost on campus today haha fun

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 28, 2023 17:05:24  #8608

I swear I can't stop thinking about donuts if I don't have one soon I will go INSANE

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 28, 2023 18:12:59  #8609

Dang, donuts do sound good rn.

Time

March 28, 2023 19:36:55  #8610

Mmm donuts