HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2020 20:59:04  #1

A robot writes a GGaD fanfic | Time’s Christmas Party

(I was really bored, so I decided to feed an AI some information about GGaD and see what it comes up with. I don’t feel like elaborating on exactly what I did rn, but I’ll explain it later. It’s rather simple. Almost-swear and minor gore warning.)

Time

In the land of Forengard lives a pantheon of deities. These deities have decided to hold a massive party for Christmas, and have chosen a dark and eerie swamp as the location for the party. Each deity has decorated their area of the swamp with flowers, twigs, and various decorations to make it look presentable, although they have to be careful to make sure their area doesn't bleed into another deity's area. Each deity has brought along a Christmas tree and several decorations in order to make the area festive. Time has even taken the time to make a large snowman which stands guard outside his area.
Time believes that it is important for all the deities to get along, so he has made it his personal mission to ensure that all of them are happy and satisfied with the party location.
The deities begin arriving at the party one by one, and Time makes sure to greet each one as they arrive, showing them to their area and informing them on what needs to be done for the rest of the party. After Time takes his leave, the deities begin to socialize, enjoying each other's company and the lovely Christmas decorations.
Time decides to take a walk around the area, observing the socializing going on and keeping an eye on things, making sure nothing is out of place or needs fixing. Suddenly, he spots two deities quarreling. He walks over to them immediately and informs them that their argument is unacceptable, and orders them to stop arguing immediately and start socializing with each other instead.
One of the deities protests, claiming that the other one is hostile and aggressive towards him and will not stop his insults and name-calling. Time shakes his head and informs them that if they do not stop arguing right now, he will banish one of them to a place where they can no longer socialize with the others, and they both know which one he'd prefer to be banished to.
Reluctantly, the two deities stop arguing and start to socialize with each other. Time tells them that if they continue to argue in the future, he will exile both of them from the party, and nobody wants that to happen. The two deities agree, and Time heads back to his area in the swamp, thinking about what he should do now that the party is about to begin.
Time begins calling everyone to the main party area, and everyone begins to arrive. He takes his position at the front of the group, waiting for everyone's arrival.
As everyone arrives, they take their designated spot in front of Time, forming a line. Everyone waits patiently in line, though some begin to glance around nervously, wondering why they are here or what is going on. Finally, Time begins speaking.
"Greetings, inhabitants of Forengard!" he says loudly, voice amplified by the Santa Claus suit he is wearing. "I am Time, God of the Clock and Rushing Water." He pauses for dramatic effect, before continuing in a normal tone, "And this fine evening, we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!"
He raises his hands for silence, then adds, "I trust you've all been good this year, yes?" There is silence, then scattered laughter as he realizes his poor attempt at humor. Everyone else stays silent.
"Good," he says simply, then heads back to his place in front of the line. He grabs a few ornaments off of one of the many trees around him and begins decorating the massive tree in the middle of the area while speaking to the guests.
Time chooses to talk to Ark first. "Ah, my friend!" he says warmly. "How have you been? I haven't seen you in years."
"I'm okay," Ark says quietly. "I'm surprised you remember me. You're wearing..." He pauses, looking up at Time awkwardly. "...a Santa Claus outfit."
"Ah, yes! Yes I am!" Time says happily. "And it's the perfect time of year for a little Christmas cheer, no?" He beams at his own wit, then heads over to Marx next.
"Hey," he says to Marx politely. "How's it going? I hope you're having a good time."
"Um... it's okay," Marx says uncertainly.
"Not a fan of Christmas?"
"Eh, I dunno. I just never got into the whole celebrating it thing."
"Hmm... odd," Time muses, then heads over to Ash next, who stares at him in confusion as he passes by.
"Good to see you, man," Ash says bluntly, staring at him.
"You're not really dressed as...oh," Time says suddenly, realization dawning on him as he stops in his tracks. "Oh dear me! I seem to have offended you! Perhaps I am being an insensitive jerk! I'm so sorry, friend!"
"No! Wait," Ash says nervously. "It's not that! It's just...um...why are you dressed up as Kratos from God of War?"
"Because it's Christmas!"
"No, I mean why are you dressed as Kratos from God of War?"
"What difference does it make?"
"Jesus Christ dude, it makes a huge difference! You look like a fu..."
"Ash, wait!" Time calls, then stops and turns to face him as they move into an alleyway away from the party to talk. "No swearing allowed at this party!" Time says as he shoots Ash through the skull. "Now apologize.”
Ash obeys without hesitation, though his apology is weak and clunky; he looks incredibly upset about the whole thing, but can't do anything about it except beg for mercy.
"There," Time sighs. "That was easy. Now tell me why you were swearing."
Ash seems to be thinking really hard about how to explain it to him, or maybe how to get out of explaining it at all. In the end he comes up with nothing, and gives in and apologizes again.
"Good boy," Time says with a smile as he heads off towards the next person in line.
Time spends a few minutes chatting to each person in line, asking them how their year has been, if they're enjoying the party, things like that.

Ark

Ark goes to talk to Chronos next, who's happily chatting away to her brother while giving everyone else passing by the eye. When he gets closer he realizes who she's talking to and his jaw drops open before closing again. He leans against the wall and stares at her in awe for a few moments, before she looks over and spots him.
"Oh, hey there," she smiles as she waves him over. "How are you doing?"
"I'm...great," he stutters, suddenly nervous around her, even if it has been only for a few moments. "And you?"
"I'm good," she smiles. "Are you part of the decoration team?"
" decoration team?" he says, confused again, then realizes what she means and laughs in embarrassment. "Oh, no! I'm just here to help your brother set up, he's getting worried."
"Oh, good," she smiles again. "My brother can be a bit of perfectionist. He likes things to go right down to the last wire."
"Well I don't want to keep you from your party," he says, turning to leave before stopping himself. "Is there anywhere in particular I should be looking for you?"
"I'll be by the entrance giving out presents to the guests," she says. "I'm glad you could be here to help out my brother."
"I'm sure I'll be helping out your brother more than I want to soon, but it'll be worth it. Well I'll see you soon. Happy Holidays."
He smiles and nods before heading off to find Time, who's wandering around outside the party hall making sure everything is secure.
"Everything alright?" Time asks as he joins him outside.
"Yeah," he nods. "Everything's good."
"Good. We've got everything we need."
"We do?"
"Of course," Time says with a smile. "We've got the password, we've got everyone's names down, we've got the year they were born, we've got a list of their kids and grand kids, we've got a list of their hobbies, their diseases, their weight, their height, their blood types, their..."
"Wait, how did you know they had kids?" Ark asks, shocked by what he's just found out.
"I didn't invent social networks to waste time on," Time says with a shrug as they head off into the night once more, leaving the secret that Time invented social networks behind them.

Marx

Meanwhile, Marx is decorating a tree with very sparkly trinkets. Marx seems happy with their gift to the God of the Year Ceremony.
"Happy Holidays!" they beam as they place the present under the tree, then spots someone walking up to them.
"Time?" they ask in surprise when they see who it is exactly. "What the hell are you doing here? This isn't your job!"
"It's not yours either," he says. "But since we're both here, might as well make it fun! What do you say we both give our favorite employee a horrible Christmas they'll never forget?"
"Wait, what?" they ask nervously as they try to make up a excuse to get out of this situation they've dug themselves into with a genocidal psychopath.
Marx engages Time in combat with his wit and reason, but Time easily dodges all of his attacks. After taking a few hits, he stops fighting back and just goes for the kill quickly stabbing him in the neck with his claws before holding up his bloody blade and laughing.
"What happened here?" Marx asks as they examine the stab wound in Time's neck which caused his death.
"I had to kill him," Time says with a shrug. "I wouldn't put up with his shenanigans anymore, he needed to die so the other gods could feel safe travelling through here. I'd say sorry, but I'm not. He was an idiot."
"So now the other gods will be wary and stay away from this area? Do you think that's going to make life easier for us?"
"This is an easy solution to a difficult problem," Time shrugs again. "Now let's go spread some festive cheer. We have presents to give! And candy canes! Don't you love candy canes? I made a bunch of them and we can share them if you want. They're really good... Don't you want one? I... Oooooh I have an idea! Why don't you go get yourself killed by one of the wandering gods while I distribute the candy canes?"
"Okay!” Marx exclaims as they excitedly run off to find a deity to kill them.

Chronos

Meanwhile, Chronos is looking at all the empty cups and bowls lying around her table, confused by how much food there was to begin with.
"Wasn't quite as much food as I thought there would be," she sighs as she goes over to wash the dishes before drying them and placing them away. She then heads to the counter and begins putting everything away when she notices a strange black box with a red cross on it. Inside it are several vials filled with a bright blue liquid. "Huh, what's this?"
Chronos injects herself with several vials of the blue liquid and feels a euphoric rush of energy coursing through her body. "Hrm... This stuff would boost the spirits of everyone here I think."
Chronos then proceeds hands out the blue liquid to everyone at the party. The guests at first are confused and alarmed by this strange blue liquid they received, but soon feel much happier after drinking it. Time himself arrives at this moment, probably having murdered his way through a few deities by this point.
"Hey Chronos! How's it going?" he greets excitedly as he sees the blue liquid being received enthusiastically by all the gods and guests at the party.
"It's good! Um, how have things been with you? You okay?"
"I'm great! Hey, did you remember to get me some of that blue liquid?"
"Yeah, I have some here if you want some."
"Yeah! Yeah! I want some! Now!"
Chronos hands him a small vial of the liquid which he eagerly accepts.
"Thank you! Thank you! That's what I'm here for! Okay, well I'll see you around! Have a great night! Sayonara!" Time says and takes his leave.
Chronos smirks as she watches him leave. "Soon, everyone here will be dead and I'll be the last one left."

Ash

Ash wakes up in the hospital with a bandage wrapped around his head. He feels pretty awful, but glad to be alive given what happened. He feels tired, but he's sure that'll wear off soon enough. He realizes that he has a few aches and pains, but nothing he can't handle, at least he thinks so.
He hears someone enter the room, and sits up quickly to see who it is.
"H-hello?" he answers timidly, expecting someone to attack him at any moment.
To his surprise, it's Orphos. "Ah, you're awake."
"Um... yeah... so... what happened? Where's Tere?"
"Tere? Oh, him? He's dead. Shot in the head multiple times."
"Oh."
"Ah, don't worry about him."
"Well... I suppose that's something."
"Yeah, and you're still alive too. So, how do you feel?"
"Pretty awful I guess, but glad to be alive given what happened."
"Good answer." Orphos says as he walks over to a chair and sits down. "So, how are you feeling?"
"Like I got kicked in the head by a horse."
Orphos laughs at this answer. "Not surprised. When I saw what had happened, I thought the same thing. Still, you were incredibly lucky to have survived such an attack."
"How long was I out for?"
"You've been out for about a day and a half now. Your head injury is pretty severe, so you'll be staying here for at least a week while your body heals itself naturally. Are you feeling any better? Any worse?"
"A bit dizzy still, but other than that I'm fine."
"Good, good." Orphos replies as he gets up from his chair. "I'm going to go get your things from the house now, then I'll return later to check on you. Remember, rest!"
Ash feels a bit confused by all of this, but nods anyway. He then notices Orphos going towards the door, so he calls out to him before he leaves. "Hey, wait! What happens now?"
Orphos turns around and smiles. "Now? Now you rest, and then we start again. It's time to make History! Tomorrow. See you then. Sleep tight. Everything will be clearer in the morning. Dream nice dreams. And don't forget to breathe. Always helps. Good luck. Good night. See you tomorrow. Stay safe. Goodbye. See you soon. Goodbye. See you soon. Sleep tight. Dream nice dreams.”
Ash tells Orphos to shut up and leave.

Specter

Specter is talking to Ark in the swamp cabin when they hear a noise outside that causes both of their heads to turn immediately. The noise is the door bursting open and splinters of wood flying everywhere.
Marx walks in and begs to be killed.
Their cloak is ripped and dirty and it looks like they were running through the swamp for a while. They're tired looking. It looks like they've been shot several times as well and their weapons are covered in blood, but they're still alive to fight again as soon as possible. They're covered in mud and muck as well as being unearthly pale due to being in the swamp so long as no one had noticed them yet.
"You again. Didn't expect to see you again so soon. I thought you died."
"Well, clearly I didn’t. I would like to ask a favor of you, however." Marx says as they twitch and try to move forward toward Specter. "...Come on! Kill me now! Shoot me in the head! Do something! Anything!"
"Marx, take it easy!"
"No! Nothing else to lose! Let's end this!"
Specter refuses to kill Marx and instead offers to become friends. They shake hands and then begin chatting about the Christmas party.
While they talk, Ark fixes the door.
Specter then takes out a deck of cards to play with Marx and Ark. They play for a while and then part ways when the party ends.
Once Marx and Ark leaves, Specter goes over to the door and checks if it's locked before turning around to see an exhausted Ash sleeping on the floor still wearing his cloak.
"Ash! Wow! You looked...pretty dead there!"
"Hm? Oh...yeah...I'm fine...”
Specter helps Ash up before asking him how he got there.
"From there,” Ash says before pointing up to a large hole in the ceiling. "I had a crash landing.”
“Aren’t you supposed to be in the hospital?” Specter asks, glancing at the bandage wrapped around Ash’s head.
"I was...I'm fine now."
"Are you sure? From the looks of things, you haven’t completely healed."
"I'm fine now! I just need some sleep, that's all. My head will heal eventually."
"Maybe...but you might've just made it worse by crashing through the roof."
"I just need some sleep, that's all."
"You need to see a doctor."
"No! Just...just help me get some rest. Please.”
Specter decides they aren't in the mood to take Ash to the hospital and gives in. Specter leads Ash to the bed before leaving the cabin.
"Wait! Specter! Wait!" Ash yells before hearing the cabin door close behind him, leaving him all by himself with his thoughts again.
"Damn...I was hoping they could get me some ice cream..."

(Well, I’m surprised you managed to read through this trash. I can’t imagine that any of you would like this, but if you do, then maybe I’ll ask the robot to write more of this stuff. The AI sometimes refused to write more, which is why Ark and Marx’s parts were shorter in comparison to Time’s.)

Last edited by KingofYamsTere (June 17, 2020 18:42:36)

June 16, 2020 21:01:18  #2

Re: A robot writes a GGaD fanfic | Time’s Christmas Party

What did I just read

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 16, 2020 21:04:59  #3

...I’m not sure myself

June 16, 2020 21:05:01  #4

What in the world-- XD

Time in a Santa Claus outfit tho lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 16, 2020 22:25:10  #5

No not in a santa claus outfit. In a Kratos outfit! I'm assuming dad Kratos.

Why da bot be better in writin dan me doe

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 17, 2020 00:02:53  #6

(Wow. Time has responded so that means that all of this is now canon. Indeed, Time, god of Clocks and Rushing Water, invented social networks and killed himself.)

Chronos

Meanwhile, Chronos is looking at all the empty cups and bowls lying around her table, confused by how much food there was to begin with.
"Wasn't quite as much food as I thought there would be," she sighs as she goes over to wash the dishes before drying them and placing them away. She then heads to the counter and begins putting everything away when she notices a strange black box with a red cross on it. Inside it are several vials filled with a bright blue liquid. "Huh, what's this?"
Chronos injects herself with several vials of the blue liquid and feels a euphoric rush of energy coursing through her body. "Hrm... This stuff would boost the spirits of everyone here I think."
Chronos then proceeds hands out the blue liquid to everyone at the party. The guests at first are confused and alarmed by this strange blue liquid they received, but soon feel much happier after drinking it. Time himself arrives at this moment, probably having murdered his way through a few deities by this point.
"Hey Chronos! How's it going?" he greets excitedly as he sees the blue liquid being received enthusiastically by all the gods and guests at the party.
"It's good! Um, how have things been with you? You okay?"
"I'm great! Hey, did you remember to get me some of that blue liquid?"
"Yeah, I have some here if you want some."
"Yeah! Yeah! I want some! Now!"
Chronos hands him a small vial of the liquid which he eagerly accepts.
"Thank you! Thank you! That's what I'm here for! Okay, well I'll see you around! Have a great night! Sayonara!" Time says and takes his leave.
Chronos smirks as she watches him leave. "Soon, everyone here will be dead and I'll be the last one left."

Ash

Ash wakes up in the hospital with a bandage wrapped around his head. He feels pretty awful, but glad to be alive given what happened. He feels tired, but he's sure that'll wear off soon enough. He realizes that he has a few aches and pains, but nothing he can't handle, at least he thinks so.
He hears someone enter the room, and sits up quickly to see who it is.
"H-hello?" he answers timidly, expecting someone to attack him at any moment.
To his surprise, it's Orphos. "Ah, you're awake."
"Um... yeah... so... what happened? Where's Tere?"
"Tere? Oh, him? He's dead. Shot in the head multiple times."
"Oh."
"Ah, don't worry about him."
"Well... I suppose that's something."
"Yeah, and you're still alive too. So, how do you feel?"
"Pretty awful I guess, but glad to be alive given what happened."
"Good answer." Orphos says as he walks over to a chair and sits down. "So, how are you feeling?"
"Like I got kicked in the head by a horse."
Orphos laughs at this answer. "Not surprised. When I saw what had happened, I thought the same thing. Still, you were incredibly lucky to have survived such an attack."
"How long was I out for?"
"You've been out for about a day and a half now. Your head injury is pretty severe, so you'll be staying here for at least a week while your body heals itself naturally. Are you feeling any better? Any worse?"
"A bit dizzy still, but other than that I'm fine."
"Good, good." Orphos replies as he gets up from his chair. "I'm going to go get your things from the house now, then I'll return later to check on you. Remember, rest!"
Ash feels a bit confused by all of this, but nods anyway. He then notices Orphos going towards the door, so he calls out to him before he leaves. "Hey, wait! What happens now?"
Orphos turns around and smiles. "Now? Now you rest, and then we start again. It's time to make History! Tomorrow. See you then. Sleep tight. Everything will be clearer in the morning. Dream nice dreams. And don't forget to breathe. Always helps. Good luck. Good night. See you tomorrow. Stay safe. Goodbye. See you soon. Goodbye. See you soon. Sleep tight. Dream nice dreams.”
Ash tells Orphos to shut up and leave.

(Both of these were going to be in the original post but I didn’t feel like it at the moment and I decided to do it later)

June 17, 2020 00:09:46  #7

"What the heck" is my mood while reading this but for some reason I wanna know what happens next.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 17, 2020 00:17:41  #8

"Wtf", as for "what the fudge", is my blood at this point

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 17, 2020 00:25:31  #9

I feel like we should give the robot a nickname. Maybe that’ll make us feel closer to it (and help us get spared during the AI takeover. But based off of the writing... I think it’s going to be a long, long time before AI surpasses us.)

Well, I guess it’s cool that you want to know what happens next. Maybe that means the AI is doing something right? Probably not. I expect interest to die out within a week. But even when it does, I am going to keep doing this because this actually does help in technological advancement and helping the AI become less of a moron.

June 17, 2020 00:51:56  #10

Also can we get an F in the chat for AI!Tere

June 17, 2020 05:03:40  #11

a lot of them wouldn't even been hurt. ash would slap time and fight him(and probably win), time's a pretty mellow character, marx can't really be killed like at all, orphos would only be in the hospital to make deals with desperate mortals, and tere would probably die so that's not off. also why would time wear a kratos outfit. also i find it hilarious that time said 'our lord and savior, jesus christ' instead of 'some random deity's demigod, juses crhist' because everybody there is a god that could just flex jesus out of existence.

overall 4/10 tere should've given it more info

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

June 17, 2020 11:21:34  #12

HFKLDJFLKDJ not sure what's even going on but it's beautiful
Is this from the AI Dungeon thing?

Autumn (she/her)
I do promise I check up on this place occasionally

June 17, 2020 12:16:11  #13

F

Time

June 17, 2020 13:27:42  #14

@Autumn AI Dungeon was trained to be a text adventure in second person, so no. This story does however use the same language model except trained to write stories. I am still quite inexperienced in this kind of thing but I hope that answers your question.
@Ash I know it sucks. The AI does not know how to write personalities, but it’s still kind of on me. As we’ve seen so far the AI mostly relies on shock factor to keep you reading. I need to teach the AI how to write pretty much everything else better.

June 17, 2020 13:48:42  #15

Specter’s POV is taking a bit because I’m trying to get the AI to understand they/them pronouns. The only successful attempt I’ve had is one where Chronos becomes a drug addict. So here’s the scrapped version of Specter’s POV while you wait. I cut it short because I wanted the AI to stop talking about drugs. Drug use warning and Chronos being overall very creepy warning.

Specter

Specter is talking to Ark in the swamp cabin when they hear a strange noise coming from outside the house. It sounds almost like laughter, but harsher and more unsettling than that of a human's would sound like.
"What's going on out there?" asks Ark, standing up from the table he's sitting at. He's just finished eating and his stomach protests such an action quickly as he feels nausea overcome him once again.
"I've no idea," replies Specter as they pick up their own rifle and checks to see if it's loaded, "It sounds like someone's having fun."
"Someone's having fun? Sounds more like someone's having pain to me. Let's go check it out.”
Specter and Ark leave the cabin and investigate the sound. As they approach the house they see that it's indeed true; there does seem to be someone having fun inside the large house, but it's definitely not a good kind of fun.
They see Chronos giggling like a maniac, downing several vials of blue liquid. She stops laughing when she notices the two of them watching her through the window, and immediately becomes silent.
"Oh my...!" she says in awe, staring directly at Specter and immediately breaking into a huge grin again, as she waves eagerly at them, trying to get him to come inside, "Do... Do... Do come in! I won't bite! I promise! I won't bite! It's just so much fun!"
"Fun? Fun isn't what's going on here, witch," grunts Specter, staring at her with distain as she continues to grin at them from across the room, "What's with the drinks? What's in them?"
"Oh! They're called 'Drinium Slugs', or something like that... They're very delicious! Don't you think they look delicious? Don't they look delicious?" she asks again, turning towards the drinks as if expecting a response, "Heh, I love Drinium Slugs... I love them..."
"Stop it!" yells a disgusted looking Ark, glaring at her, "You've gone too far this time! We warned you before about drinking that blue stuff! It does something to you! It makes you act weird!"
"Really? How do you know? You've never tasted it!" she says in an accusing manner.

June 17, 2020 14:05:08  #16

I feel blessed by reading all this

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 17, 2020 14:39:24  #17

Oh heck that's straight-out creepy and very OOC (ò_ó;)
Specter, put down that rifle rn.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 17, 2020 17:14:56  #18

I don't know if this story is to be taken seriously or not.

Like there's Chronos doing drugs and people dying but at the same time Time in a Kratos outfit.

Last edited by Time (June 17, 2020 17:16:23)

Time

June 17, 2020 18:41:53  #19

(The AI finally decided to cooperate and gave me some writing that wasn’t about drugs! Yay!)

Specter

Specter is talking to Ark in the swamp cabin when they hear a noise outside that causes both of their heads to turn immediately. The noise is the door bursting open and splinters of wood flying everywhere.
Marx walks in and begs to be killed.
Their cloak is ripped and dirty and it looks like they were running through the swamp for a while. They're tired looking. It looks like they've been shot several times as well and their weapons are covered in blood, but they're still alive to fight again as soon as possible. They're covered in mud and muck as well as being unearthly pale due to being in the swamp so long as no one had noticed them yet.
"You again. Didn't expect to see you again so soon. I thought you died."
"Well, clearly I didn’t. I would like to ask a favor of you, however." Marx says as they twitch and try to move forward toward Specter. "...Come on! Kill me now! Shoot me in the head! Do something! Anything!"
"Marx, take it easy!"
"No! Nothing else to lose! Let's end this!"
Specter refuses to kill Marx and instead offers to become friends. They shake hands and then begin chatting about the Christmas party.
While they talk, Ark fixes the door.
Specter then takes out a deck of cards to play with Marx and Ark. They play for a while and then part ways when the party ends.
Once Marx and Ark leaves, Specter goes over to the door and checks if it's locked before turning around to see an exhausted Ash sleeping on the floor still wearing his cloak.
"Ash! Wow! You looked...pretty dead there!"
"Hm? Oh...yeah...I'm fine...”
Specter helps Ash up before asking him how he got there.
"From there,” Ash says before pointing up to a large hole in the ceiling. "I had a crash landing.”
“Aren’t you supposed to be in the hospital?” Specter asks, glancing at the bandage wrapped around Ash’s head.
"I was...I'm fine now."
"Are you sure? From the looks of things, you haven’t completely healed."
"I'm fine now! I just need some sleep, that's all. My head will heal eventually."
"Maybe...but you might've just made it worse by crashing through the roof."
"I just need some sleep, that's all."
"You need to see a doctor."
"No! Just...just help me get some rest. Please.”
Specter decides they aren't in the mood to take Ash to the hospital and gives in. Specter leads Ash to the bed before leaving the cabin.
"Wait! Specter! Wait!" Ash yells before hearing the cabin door close behind him, leaving him all by himself with his thoughts again.
"Damn...I was hoping they could get me some ice cream..."

June 17, 2020 20:32:19  #20

Echo

Echo is walking through the mountains when a boulder comes rolling towards her.
She saves herself by kindly asking the boulder to stop.
She offers to become friends with the boulder. It happily accepts.
"Who are you?" Echo asks the boulder which smiles at her warmly, giving her a big fat muffin baked by it self in the shape of a heart.
"I am Muffin," it answers happily.
"That's a silly name," she replies before coming up with one of her own suggestions, "Raisin?"
The boulder frowns at her suggestion, "I'm not a raisin."
"Banana?"
The boulder shakes its head, "I'm not yellow."
"Then what are you?"
The boulder thinks for a moment before coming up with, "Awalow."
"That's even worse!” she complains, coming up with another suggestion, "An apple?"
The boulder nods, "I'm an apple."
"You look nothing like an apple," she points out. "I'm going to come up with another name."
Echo comes up with three more terrible names before coming up with one that the boulder seems okay with, "Pom-Pom?"
The boulder nods, "That's a good suggestion."
"Do you want to play a game?" she asks, pulling out a deck of cards and some dice from her bag of toys, "I'll roll these dice. Whoever gets the highest number wins. First one to lose all their cards loses."
"Sounds fun," Pom-Pom says eagerly.
"You ready? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" she shouts as she rolls the dice across the ground, "And first die is a six!"
Pom-Pom excitedly rolls around. "I go! I go!" it says as it pulls two cards from its pocket and throws them onto the floor before grabbing five more from its hat and placing them on top of the first two.
"You go! You go!" it repeats, grabbing more cards and throwing them onto the floor as well.
"You go! You go! You go! You go! You go! You go!" it continues as it lays down the cards, creating a makeshift deck of 54 cards, consisting of four Jokers and two Face Cards (King and Jack).
"You go! You go! You go! You go! You go! You go! You go!" it finally declares as it places the final two cards atop its deck.
"Alright! Game's over," Echo tells Pom-Pom as she puts its deck in her pocket, "You lost."
"Nuh-no! I won!" it says triumphantly as it reveals itself to be able to count up to eight, "I won!"
"You cheated!"
"Nuh-uh!"
"Pom-Pom, you cheated!"
"Nuh-uh! I didn't!"
"You did too!"
"Nuh-uh! I didn't!"
Echo sighs as she puts her hands in her face in exasperation, "I don't even know why we bother playing this stupid game. You're a terrible loser anyway."
Pom-Pom pouts at her, "You're just mad 'cause I beat you."
"Yeah, but it doesn't even matter anyway," she replies, "Now come on let's go do something else. Like read or something. Let's see..." She trails off as she looks at the horizon, "I wonder if the sun will come out later. I could use a bit of Vitamin D. Let's go find something to catch the sun."
Pom-Pom beams at her idea, "Can we catch the sun?"
"I think so... It might take a little time though. We're going to have to make a little fishing pole."
"I got one! Let's catch the sun!"
"Yeah!"
The two find a bit of string in the forest nearby and after half an hour of dragging it through bushes they have made a crude fishing pole which they dub "Sunfisher". They sit down near the lake and cast out their line, which lands right in the middle of the shore. They try again and again and again, but no matter how hard they try they don't manage to catch anything other than water mites or random leaves. Eventually tired and bored, they give up and wander back home.

(This... was one of the weirdest chapters yet.)

June 17, 2020 20:43:14  #21

ykw I think I’ll scrap the above one. Yeah it’s funny but it’s probably not a good idea to give the AI the idea that boulders have feelings

June 17, 2020 20:54:48  #22

No keep it, at least it's genuine fluff
This shows us the boulder surpasses certain deities--at least it seems moral.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 17, 2020 21:01:45  #23

Well, knowing the AI, it’s probably going to forget that Pom-Pom is a boulder, so I guess it doesn’t really matter that much if I keep it

June 17, 2020 22:37:14  #24

I'M WHEEZING THAT IS AMAZING

Can we catch t h e  s u n

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 17, 2020 22:46:28  #25

No I'm moreso wondering why the boulder has a pocket.

Maybe it's the fact that some characters have weird names?

Time

June 17, 2020 22:49:20  #26

Although, considering it, Echo is canonly mentioned to have pet rocks

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 17, 2020 22:53:18  #27

Oh yeah I forgot she actually has/had a pet rock

Time

June 17, 2020 22:56:26  #28

Echo is gonna upgrade from a rock to a BOULDER

June 17, 2020 23:00:52  #29

XD

I need to make a meme of Echo hugging a boulder with the one Spongebob quote "It's not just a boulder... it's a rock!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 18, 2020 17:20:44  #30

Oh yes that fits perfectly

Time

Board footera