GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2024 15:53:38  #10141

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

I also ended up getting Mr. Nothing on the banner where he wasn't on rate-up. My luck is...it's something, for sure.
Arknights is so funny (I have so many snipers help why must the sniper class be made of archers)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 9, 2024 16:07:55  #10142

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Love how in exchange for decreasing the angst on the Taurus and Pisces Saints, Asa gets traumatized to Elysium and back

Someone give him cupcakes but also he needs to be easier to design, like what the heck

-Galaxian-

What did you do 💀

Specter
✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

August 9, 2024 16:14:20  #10143

I tried to design him and give him cupcakes :3

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2024 18:01:19  #10144

Trying to figure out if I should go all-out on the current F/sn banner to get Emiya to NP 5 for literally no reason or if I should stall and try to get Huang Feihu and make a joke about crackshipping them so my brain cell goes 100% dead forever
Hm. (both are funny to me rn)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2024 18:05:29  #10145

Btw if you're wondering, Emiya is my favorite Servant from the F/sn cast
I like Saber too, but I have a grudge against her

for her insistence on going to the Temple getting Shirou killed lol. I expected better from the king who repelled the Saxons for 10 years (also I was thinking about tactical stuff at the time for Berserker and Archer so the errored decision made the bias worse. No it was not actually her fault, it was needed for the VN format. But please Saber, the remaining Servant is quite obviously either Assassin or Caster at that point, why would you do a fortress invasion)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2024 18:10:12  #10146

Btw Saber's tale is funny to me because it's so popular and romanticized, but China's history has so many recurring instances of "outside enemy coming in, emperor screws up" that I'm like. "yeah. Ma'am, Your Majesty, your perfectionism is wayyyy past the point where it should be. Look at all this."
Like yes I very much admire her but also all I can think about is how many times Chinese emperors have screwed up utterly in the face of an outside enemy (see: Gao Changgong, Yue Fei, everything leading up to the Sino-Japanese War, everything leading up to the Eight Nations Alliance) and somehow China still exists today. Guess Artoria just has E rank luck (actually it's A+ normally, but it's E rank luck in comparison ig)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2024 18:43:44  #10147

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTNXH99fVE

I need to remember to actually watch the anime

I think my priorities are something like...

yeah.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 9, 2024 19:00:24  #10148

Misty says that Aphrodite has beauty that can "launch a thousand ships" (whatever that means) (ngl the image is hilarious), but Ambryll has beauty that can crash my drawing software which only has two small drawings open

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 12:37:42  #10149

I love drawing Ambryll 'cause I kinda just teeter between "wow they're pretty" and "eh they're average" and arrive at the balance point of "I guess they're decent looking?" Meanwhile they do not care. I cannot emphasize how little they care (it's even on their page that they don't care lol, as a reminder to myself to stop trying to label their looks)
"Average",,, it's just Rai all over again except it feels like it's a beauty standard fluctuation thing 

I do think if they were drawn in a realistic style they would translate better than my other characters, so maybe they have a more realistic attractiveness or something. For instance, I don't think Kiaane translates very well to realism, even though I think they're super pretty. Neither does Galaxian, who's cute ig (and kinda handsome though not very much so in an older form). Wiley and Raez have a more out of the world look to them because I can't really change their eye and hair colours without changing who they are, but Raez probably does better in terms of how well his features translate to the real world
Rai would have to change his face 'cause his point is that he looks like an NPC, so maybe he'd just look like one of those pictures where a lot of people's faces from a region are overlapped and the average look comes out lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 12:43:08  #10150

By the way, the reason why I am talking about them is because I am so tempted to shaft them yet again and design like 6 characters, which requires extensive preemptive research
I can't shaft them on Qixi, I can't. (context: can't shaft the simp on Chinese Valentine's Day /j)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 12:46:10  #10151

Love how much casual slang I use is apparently vulgar slang, but I have no idea why it's vulgar so I continue using it anyways

Honestly at this point in life I have understood that as long as people exist, certain terms will always have meanings I don't understand or approve of, so my solution is to swerve away when I feel the need to but otherwise ignore whatever the heck is going on

You may notice my usage of "bastard" is very different from its formal meaning. Well that's 'cause it's all passively (not very passively) aggressively (very aggressively) directed towards a certain individual, who was the first to prompt me to call him a bastard. Since then it's just a generic term for me because I enjoy maximising confusion[?]

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 16:24:22  #10152

I don't even know what to say about Gao Wei's intelligence (*looking up more context surrounding Lanling Wang's death*)

But also @Changgong my guy, how were you still bad at politics in that climate. Your luck is designated as E for not being blessed with innate political talents during that time alone

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 16:38:22  #10153

I misuse irony a lot but Gao Wei getting accused of treason and being forced to commit suicide by the paranoid Emperor Wu of Zhou after he had Hulv Guang strangled to death and Gao Changgong poisoned to death various years earlier is irony of the highest order, befitting of the actual (literary) definition for irony, no?
I know like nothing about the Emperor of Zhou but I love him for this specifically. Get the bastard

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 16:43:09  #10154

Chinese history: Let's see if this lil piece o' crap can keep up the brainrot of loving their historical characters and misconstruing historical events faster than we can dump the cold water of reality down their face and the back of their neck

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 16:45:12  #10155

I don't think I can emphasize how funny all this must have seemed to Emperor Wu of Zhou
And I can also confirm that this is not a joke. Dude issued a pardon for Hulv Guang because of this very fact. Dude found this hilarious (and extremely convenient)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 16:46:03  #10156

Ironically however he ended up having the same problem of Dying Early and having a child who was not capable of realizing his ambitions, and so Yang Jian said hi. yeah
Btw Yang Jian also had the same problem. And so Li Yuan was like, "Hello!"
Happy to report that the Tang Dynasty lasted quite a while, at least until the shenanigans involving Yang Yuhuan and her useless husband. You see? It all connects together! 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2024 16:54:04  #10157

Chinese history: History repeats itself like a system of gears and we have no idea how we haven't been all grinded to meat pulp in those gears 
I remember seeing this one article called "China's Bloody Century". Very specific. Like which one?

We're alive for the funny anecdotes I'm sure of it (also to brag about how many people can die compared to the Europeans with their wars of hundreds of people)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2024 14:39:20  #10158

My mind animated an hour long rendition of the Hades Inferno arc (first half of the dream) and the pre-Twelve Temples arc (second half of the dream).
I am so hecking mad, I could cry. And I will cry, what the heck. This is not fair. It had an original art style and got all the character designs (including the armour and hairstyles) right and everything. Plus the story wasn't even that cringe. And it had babey Milo in it, plus decent foreshadowing of all of the Gold Saints as well as Hades. It gave all the antagonists thematically accurate silhouette shots.   
My mind is an animation studio that strikes whenever I am awake. The only thing it lacked in this time around was OST and I am so angry. I legit cannot

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2024 14:41:26  #10159

I do love how even while dreaming, my mind can split itself into half to fanboy over Milo while the other half worries about how well my AU's Scorpio Saint fits into the Cloth

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 18:05:43  #10160

Unfortunately the streak of Gold Saint dreaming was over before it really began, and I got hecking stabbed in the leg 14 times instead
I only actually remembered the fact (and the pain) after complaining in my head about the streak being over.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 18:31:12  #10161

Also, yesterday I told my mom I dreamt about the Gold Saints again, and her response was just, "Simp". Then she turned back around and kept going about her business

Honestly, how is someone supposed to respond to their mom calling them a simp anyways :-P

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:04:10  #10162

Feeling pretty betrayed by the fact that I cannot draw (turns out I need to be able to do so to design characters, which I need to do for pretty much all the AUs I am currently emotionally invested in)

Shoutout to how badly SS's style messes up mine every single time, without fail. Like it's so cool but my brain is not well-developed enough to understand how to do the hair correctly. Apparently my younger self having -2 brain cells made it more intuitive

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:06:16  #10163

Also love how the Aquarius Saint gets off scot-free whenever I'm struggling because I need practice drawing faces and all he has is a mask and (I nearly typed "a" in front) hair
Turns out the decision to troll the Gemini with the mask was also a calculated decision to avoid having me draw him

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:06:53  #10164

From now on whenever I introduce the Aquarius Saint in writing I'm just going to say something like "a tall silhouette, a silver mask, and a hair" and it's gonna be hecking hilarious (for me, whenever I don't read it again)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:08:32  #10165

Still trying to figure out if the stitched-to-the-eyelid eyebrows are mandatory to create a likeness of most SS characters or if it's optional
So far it's seeming mandatory.

In my defence, I don't skimp on it sometimes, for example Saga always looking like he's having a mid-life crisis is absolutely hilarious and I wouldn't have it any other way
2 more days until full Kanon btw. And I level 70ed God Cloth Milo. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:15:36  #10166

Tbh I do feel like Kanon is the sort who ruthlessly makes fun of his brother but would blackmail you if you did the same (he cheered you on at the time but later...)

Which is why I'm trying to figure out if I should make fun of Saga's unrecedable hairline.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:19:28  #10167

Love how I can draw no one in the SS style except Saga and Kanon (actually I haven't tried for that many people today, but I've been failing at drawing Milo for the past month if that means anything)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:21:58  #10168

Trying so hard to find some art where the sketch lines for the SS style hair are there, but not finding any 'cause I suck or smthn.
I found some with Shaka and Mu. Which is not helpful. At all.

In response to me thinking "they have smooth hair" my brain said, "Yes they do you smooth brained organism." Utterly unoriginal but infuriating, we'll be right back.
love how it's also self-deprecating, at least we have that in common

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:44:01  #10169

I love drawing Raez and Wiley 'cause for Raez it's like, I need to understand shapes and proportions and muscles and stuff, then for Wiley his body frame is a rectangle.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2024 20:50:21  #10170

Btw I do not understand shapes and proportions and muscles and stuff, but pretending I do makes it funnier

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera