GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2024 03:15:36  #9841

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Time wrote:

Yes I need lore relevant characters. Why would I care for characters that doesn't really have much story or development going on in the first place???

(*glances at pfp of just the most canonically static character in existence [exaggerating]*) maybe it's fun to imagine yourself

Time wrote:

how long are fgo events?

Long enough (*has no idea*) maybe two weeks? I remember week-long events before but I can't remember examples. Awakening seems to have really short events, but they don't have story to begin with, so that's not a very good example.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 25, 2024 03:18:49  #9842

I can't tell if I'm going insane or not but I think ND (Next Dimension)'s art got better? Like a lot better??
The plot though. lol
(spoiler tagging more for a possible triggering mention rather than a spoiler because SS be like that)

"HEHE HAHA THIS IS A FRACTIONS PROBLEM" -Ophiuchus Asclepius

Also Ikki wanting to kill himself for agreeing to kill Athena for no reason with some snake dude he met and set up a skit with and not wanting to go against that promise completely, as if that would work since he literally cannot die. no I don't understand at all

Asclepius is really getting 180 no scoped by an underdeveloped Pegasus Saint because the timeline said so lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 25, 2024 15:52:11  #9843

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

No it's more about terrorist politics (/j?)

-Galaxian-

Hmmm

How looking at it so far it feels like future stories will contain a lot of politics between and within many factions on a worldwide stage as the main faction gets involved with political and military crisises around the world as they try to achieve an impossible goal.

But as a joke: It's about getting your cancer patients to fight other people with cancer

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 26, 2024 20:07:35  #9844

Accidentally saw this as the three Spidermen pointing meme

My mind autofilled the pointing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 26, 2024 21:52:34  #9845

Love how my attitude for rendering is excitement ("ooh I'm looking forward to this") and...idk how even to describe it ("maybe just kill me now") 

It's a lot better for physical drawings lol. Rendering with no pressure sensitivity is painful, and it's probably because after all these years I still lack patience
Edit: the patience part probably isn't helped by how I cannot draw on physical paper most of the time nowadays so instead I'm just stuck with an alternative lol (I tend to not like it when I'm forced onto alternatives rather than challenged to accept them...so basically I'm challenge-adverse lol great.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 00:57:42  #9846

Love how the author of Claymore probably kept getting comments about how annoying it is that most of Raki's script is just "Clare!" so he kinda just

made it so that younger Clare's dialogue is mostly just "Teresa!" to make a point about how much of a parallel they are
Raki's relationship with Clare is different though, since it's clear he attaches to her because she's her saviour more so than his empathy (though it does exist), whereas for Clare it's primarily because she sees her own suffering and pain in Teresa. Hence Clare and Teresa are mirror images (literally the twin goddesses) who are each other's soulmates while sharing a mother-daughter relationship even if they can never live 100% in human society or any other world, while Clare and Raki supplement each other in that Raki is able to bring out Clare's humanity and vies to become stronger so he can protect her
I feel like Teresa is one of those characters who I understood well enough but not well enough, if that makes sense. Like I totally got the point of her character, but didn't understand deeply enough. On this watch I'm seeing a lot more things that younger me missed (I was very young the first time through lol, this was my second anime after all), and dang it the emotions lol.

I also want to see if I missed things on Priscilla.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 17:10:33  #9847

Windflit has come like 3 times from me aiming for Executor the Ex Foedere (I think Arknights has a 6 star desire sensor lol) (Federico was the first Arknights character I ever saw), and I think he is very cute and I like his "recently graduated college student who could not find a job" thing going on, but even as a newbie I can tell he's bad lol oh no

For context, whenever a character comes multiple times as a relatively higher rarity character I tend to want to level them, but ): I need to prioitise my resources for the operators I use the most so I don't keep getting stopped in events. 
I guess he gets free money then lol. 

I got a bunch of higher rarity people all at once, which is useful since I think the lower rarity operators get stuck at E1 (Elite 1), so I probably will eventually transition to using them more. Eventually. I'm pretty happy with my default team members right now though, they're very nice people. Excluding some people who clearly are a lil out of it.

Did I mention, there's a character named Specter in the game and apparently she's a nun or something and very out of her mind. I know nothing about her, but I got Skadi (haha) and apparently they're from the same region or something. Pretty cool huh?
Here's Specter (spoiler tagging for Time because I have no idea where this she's from and if she has a substantial role in major events or the main story):

It's fanart 'cause the official images are not working.

I wasn't surprised I got Skadi, the first in-game music I ever heard on YouTube was the

Abyssal Hunters theme

lol
I'm a lil bit of a sucker for their aesthetic ngl (I mean with GGaD!Galaxian and my love of F/GO's edgy Alter aesthetic I think this should be super obvious)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 17:17:50  #9848

Bruh Windflit's birthday

Turns out I feel an affinity for him 'cause he's an Aquarius :-P
Not us Aquarians being useless (huge /j any unknown fellow Aquarians here I am only self-deprecating)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 17:24:46  #9849

Zwillingstürme im Herbst spoiler, kind of.

Bassline's name being Michael just makes me think of the "Michael!" meme and it really does not help with me taking him seriously
Sometimes I find it funny how passive-aggressive he gets, but then again every favorite of mine is slightly passive aggressive so it's not surprising to me.

Let's be honest, me wanting the Executor here is lowkey me wanting to annoy Bassline and Virtuosa lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 17:29:49  #9850

I also looked more into Liu Bei and I think it's pretty interesting how he reads as a more typical character from Ancient Chinese history.
Dude had charisma and a good sense in using people, which is very accurately portrayed in SGYY, plus his historical self was known to not show his emotions on his face. However, he still had his flaws, and showed his emotions in his actions. Plus he himself was not that talented and relied on others. All of that combined meant that when he let his emotions wrest control of him, he stopped listening to the right people, which eventually led to Shu's downfall (due to the loss of crucial provinces that had led to his most notable accomplishments in the first place)
Meanwhile SGYY him is just a master manipulator to the end lol. 
Love how the author of SGYY tried to portray him as virtuous and humble, while me the modern reader/interpreter is like "wow what a master gaslighter holy wowww"

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 17:57:45  #9851

Eating an omelette while watching that one Onion video

Also trying to figure out how fancy omelettes can get anyways.
At this point I've just accepted that haircuts and food are peak bonding experiences for me (I have problems)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 18:00:19  #9852

Oh yeah as a slight status update (ranting sort of)

if I seem slightly grouchy it's because my biological father or whatever is getting back on his stalker activities (again) and is trying really hard to find out where we live now. And uhh yeah. I am quite ticked that he is still on this earth.

I have been holding this in for like 2 weeks but I can't do it anymore, I just can't. I can hold in ordinary rants, and ig this could be called ordinary or at least predictable, but holy heck why can't someone just stake him or something.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 27, 2024 21:30:01  #9853

I will send meteors at him like Zhongli

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

May 27, 2024 22:14:07  #9854

"Slightly grouchy" is a hecking tame reaction to being faced with such a situation again. I do hope other activities and just hanging out in general can help take your mind off the stress a bit, but also know that you can express literally anything within a spoiler tag if it makes you feel better. Literally nobody will be mad at you for not acting calm while experiencing that. If anything we share your anger 💥

Specter
✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

May 27, 2024 23:37:10  #9855

Be mad. Hell, you must be mad. Anger and other similar emotions exists for a purpose in the end. With that situation those emotions come in handy to funnel the feelings. 

Tuti        

"Quoi qu'il advienne"
                           -

May 29, 2024 17:10:17  #9856

Thanks guys xD, the emotional support is appreciated
I know it's technically within my right to feel annoyed and stuff, but the thing is that's exactly the reaction he wants out of us, which is why I'm doubly annoyed at myself for letting him get to me :-P
I think the feeling is relatively minor this time around, so we should be good.

I forgot what else I wanted to say lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2024 17:19:42  #9857

Wait wait NO it was about Claymore.
I just wanted to say how surprising it is to me that I remember pretty much every single character. In some works my impressions of characters become blurred really fast. In Claymore I sometimes don't remember the progression of events, but when I see a character or silhouette I'm like, "Yep, that's [name], and [he/she] was like [yadda yadda] and did [blah blah blah]". I think Claymore characters have a really really strong presence. 
The pacing is really really good too, and now that I'm a teeny bit better at art I can appreciate the art of the anime and manga even better. Some frames are just hecking amazing and I love how the armour is rendered even with hard shading. Glorious honestly.
Unfortunately now I am in that arc.

Also as a fun trivia, a certain character of mine seems to be slightly influenced by Claymore (more subconsciously than anything character-wise but nonetheless), and I am really tempted to give a certain F/DA Saber a claymore or similar sword as a reference to that, to switch up their weapon a bit. I mean, ngl, any persona of theirs is just ridiculously proficient in many types of weapons, so why not give them a big sword since the Saber class is made of--wait wrong class.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2024 17:27:11  #9858

I accidentally forgot that I probably shouldn't be bond farming for LB 3 Recollection Quests.
Whoops. Whoopsie.

(it worked out anyways lol)

Hey Changgong, what on earth is Dance of the Black Tortoise and why don't you use it in Chaldea? Hmm? (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2024 17:32:30  #9859

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ts411f7Zc/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click

a popup asking you to sign in will probably appear in the middle, sorry about that. I have no control over that whatsoever

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2024 17:57:42  #9860

Got a silly emperor dude right after I watched him

try to nuke his citizens (again)

Yeah, figures. 

Btw "we" is how the emperor pronoun for "I" is translated. I just find it funny because people interpret that to mean Ying Zheng is nonbinary. I mean, I'm not disagreeing, the dude looks nonbinary ngl (who the heck dresses like that??), but yeah. 

Also I really didn't think I'd get him, if anything I'd have thought Specter would get him since he's kinda JoJo-esque. I guess the Papers Please thing applies lol, along with liking his gameplay. Plus ngl his character is interesting, but we would not get along and he would have me beheaded. 
Now I can laugh at him in his face for getting chased around a pillar by a guy with a knife.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2024 18:02:39  #9861

This reminds me, I wonder how Gao Changgong/Lanling Wang referred to himself IRL.
'Cause the pronouns thing reminded me that different people of different statuses used different things to describe themselves. In Chinese in particular, the third person is used a lot as a symbol of authority or humbleness. 
I know pre-Qin, "wang"s (kings in this case because it was before the first emperor, Qin Shi Huang) used "Guaren" to refer to themselves, or "gu," but I don't really know if that stayed the same after Ying Zheng?

Also reminds me, maybe Ying Zheng being a political hostage in his younger years connects with Vlad III lol. They can bond over that maybe...? (both of them are seen to be rather cruel leaders iirc lol, and honestly there is something quite inhuman about Ying Zheng's deeds as well as the sheer ambition of his family [they kept up the China unification goal for like 97 generations. Usually it ends after 3--there's a saying that "families do not last past 3 [generations]". Terrifying family. It did go back to the status quo for Ying Zheng's son, but holy heck lol.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 29, 2024 18:50:16  #9862

#WileyGangnamStyle

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I am really tempted to give a certain F/DA Saber a claymore or similar sword as a reference to that, to switch up their weapon a bit. I mean, ngl, any persona of theirs is just ridiculously proficient in many types of weapons, so why not give them a big sword since the Saber class is made of--wait wrong class.

Does this "claymore" shoot beams?

Specter
✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

May 29, 2024 19:26:56  #9863

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Windflit has come like 3 times from me aiming for Executor the Ex Foedere (I think Arknights has a 6 star desire sensor lol) (Federico was the first Arknights character I ever saw), and I think he is very cute and I like his "recently graduated college student who could not find a job" thing going on, but even as a newbie I can tell he's bad lol oh no

His code name name is literally Executor he is literally an inquisitor for the church he kills people without even making a reaction he does not look like a very cute man I cannot see it.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I got a bunch of higher rarity people all at once, which is useful since I think the lower rarity operators get stuck at E1 (Elite 1), so I probably will eventually transition to using them more. Eventually. I'm pretty happy with my default team members right now though, they're very nice people. Excluding some people who clearly are a lil out of it.

no fair tbh. I have a solid team already but I want to start building up my 5 and 6 star stock for when I need to start shedding off the older operators. A decent bit of the 5 stars I've gotten are just, "who?" and don't really have much presence in the stories of the world.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Did I mention, there's a character named Specter in the game and apparently she's a nun or something and very out of her mind. I know nothing about her, but I got Skadi (haha) and apparently they're from the same region or something. Pretty cool huh?

I have Specter so don't worry. She's always a little wacky.
How many 6 stars do you have rn?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 29, 2024 19:48:19  #9864

#WileyGangnamStyle

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Does this "claymore" shoot beams?

Please Specter, spare them, they only qualify for this class out of all the standard ones and they need a job ):
this knowledge is seldom known but actually if you turn the sword itself into a beam you can qualify for Grand Saber

Time wrote:

His code name name is literally Executor he is literally an inquisitor for the church he kills people without even making a reaction he does not look like a very cute man I cannot see it.

Fair, but I was talking about the recently graduated college student who plays video games and accidentally blows stuff up and bleps in his E2 art. Also please do remember my definition of cute is a lil different than what you might expect. It's a very broad definition xD. Executor is more cool and handsome and clueless. There's also no way parts of the fandom don't label him as being neurodivergent, unrelated to this entire topic. Just saying.

Time wrote:

no fair tbh. I have a solid team already but I want to start building up my 5 and 6 star stock for when I need to start shedding off the older operators. A decent bit of the 5 stars I've gotten are just, "who?" and don't really have much presence in the stories of the world.

Canon story obsession strikes again huh, Time?
I mean it's pretty fair I think, the people I'm getting aren't really OP from what I can tell. Though I don't even know what meta is in Arknights, so maybe I'm not seeing the big picture.

Time wrote:

How many 6 stars do you have rn?

You count your 6 stars? xD
I think I have like 3?? Honestly I tend to be more excited by the 4 or 5 stars because raising operators seems to get more expensive the higher rarity you go up, and as of right now I think I'd rather distribute my resources evenly so different types of teams can perform consistently in different missions. Also, I'm kind of used to 4 and 5 stars since F/GO doesn't have any 6 stars.
Logging in to check just for you and it turns out I have 4, one of which is a welfare. Sorry, Archetto. I have 14 5 stars though, apparently. Most of them were from the same batch of rolls but also I can't really use them, so you see what I mean? The ones I use most are the ones I already levelled before.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 30, 2024 00:56:23  #9865

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1k4411C7uY/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.16

I aspire for this level of cursed effort
Rn it's just stuck in my head and the most effort I can make towards cursed edits is like,,, uhhh maybe a few hours. Not enough to do this sort of thing.
One day.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 30, 2024 00:59:26  #9866

I imagine Awakening summons to be like

Me: Sagaaaa come hooommeeee
Saga [the Surplice version]: No.
Me: Whyyyy
Saga: You literally just made fun of me a few moments ago
Me: But that was a few moments ago ): plus I have your brother here. Sea Dragon Kanon, see?
Kanon: they forced me here too
Me: Sagaaaa

Dohko comes with pity in like half a month. Sorry Rhadamanthys but I need to do my best to reunite Shiryu with his master lol. Your monobrow is not charismatic enough

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 30, 2024 01:12:06  #9867

Saw a joke in Chinese that translates to something like "As long as the villain is hot, my morals go chasing after them and their beauty" (it's funnier in Chinese) and I just,,, xD
The original is: 坏人只要长得好,三观跟着五官跑 HAHA

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 30, 2024 01:42:24  #9868

Here's a playlist of animations and AMVs (at least I think) (stop after "black suit" if you're only interested in the animations)
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Ww4m1C78n/?spm_id_from=333.788
I love the Chinese SS fandom...mostly.

Also I love how Saga is "Lord Pope" while Kanon is "Second Lord" (think of it like the second prince in the line of succession) while Shion is just. "Shi yang yang" (the equivalent of "baa baa black sheep have you any wool" except a meme)
Also Shion keeps getting killed even in meme videos lmiao

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 30, 2024 01:43:57  #9869

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed