HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2024 02:40:34  #9571

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

(*to SS's Spanish dub*) Dear, you are just as funny as the day I left you.

Specifically Saga's voice. I can never get past it.
(It's so gruff compared to the Japanese voice idk lol, same goes with Shaka)

What you expect when you hear Thousand Day War: (*lots of explosions, flashy attacks, infinite stamina*)
Actual Thousand Day War: The arm-wrestling never stops.

I also realised my sense of time got screwed up, since now a thousand days sounds short to me. Like yeah ig it's about three years, but still, that's not short.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 21, 2024 02:45:01  #9572

YOUR SLEEP PARALYSIS DEMONS ARE AFTER YOU SAGA, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THEM.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 02:57:54  #9573

[???]: Remember young one, if there isn’t an invader to Sanctuary, you have to stir something up yourself. It is the creed of the Gold Saints to keep things interesting around here.
A young trainee, nodding seriously: Okay.
Raez, from behind: Gemini [hecking] Wiley. You had better start saying your prayers to our goddess Athena because you will need her blessings in a moment. 
Wiley: Whoopsie, time’s up, gotta run. :’) 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 03:23:32  #9574

I like how the best part of drawing Gold Cloth is still adding the dark marks for me.
0 character development, just as promised!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 16:02:09  #9575

Made a headcanon that people like Saga and Aspros want to be the Pope so badly because their limited upbringing resulted in very skewed perceptions of what constitutes as a cool ambition (they didn't read too many books but they did garner that it's cool to usurp destiny and that the Pope pretty much rules the world)
Basically they're just some cringe teenage guys. 
Unrecoverable, unfortunately.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 17:41:30  #9576

"And for this mission we'll be sending out Uadfskdfjfsdkl."
"Who?"
"You heard me. Aefkjdskdos"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 23, 2024 21:12:51  #9577

The other day I meowed as a joke and made someone stare into the abyss (apparently there's some weird dude he and a friend knew who does weirder animal noises, so I basically just meowed and made someone have Vietnam flashbacks)
Gonna meow again when I see him the next time /hj

People still think I'm at least 21 years old btw, this is fine. I apparently just cause a lot of confusion. Someone told me "your vibes are everywhere" in a tone that did not necessarily sound like a compliment
I also have the ability to laugh while keeping a complete poker face, which culminates in someone talking via phone to me and commenting that I laugh a lot and sound like a sunshiney person, but actually my expression is pretty messed up if you view it in context. 
I used to have a very cheerful side, so I'm trying to get it back, too bad the paranoia and anxiety are here to stay though. (Also I think my temperament being all over the place is just a canon trait the more I reflect on it)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 23, 2024 21:17:27  #9578

I sometimes get some of my repressed memories back and they can be pretty funny, like the other day I remembered when I was really young and the bastard left me in the car (this was in southern U.S. btw during summer). I got bored within 3 minutes or so and got myself out of the seat, and then after a few more minutes, I started tinkering with all the controls to see what they did. After 10 minutes or so it got too hot, so I kinda just. Opened the door and sat there thinking about stuff to draw and eat or whatever
Thank goodness for the controls because the bastard came back 3 hours later, me bored out of my skull (and also half-asleep because I didn't know or think about the potential of being kidnapped by being a baby or something in a car alone)
Anyways, just an example of young Galaxian being smart and stupid at the same time (I'm pretty good with buttons as long as one of them doesn't detonate in my face or something)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 16:40:53  #9579

I love the word sploot it's so nice and cute

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 18:09:17  #9580

Jumping Stone: no u

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 21:48:21  #9581

I like to think that Dohko didn't even send his Libra Cloth just to help his disciple, it was also because he got pretty mad at Camus just straight up abandoning his post
Like the dude really did just half-kill his student and then leave. No thoughts on the responsibility he still had (of guarding the Libra Temple in Dohko's stead) whatsoever. If I were Dohko I'd be hecking ticked too, what the heck bro

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 21:52:13  #9582

I think it's pretty funny that out of all the Gold Saints, including the narcissist, the ideologically screwed up 10-year-old assassin, the headcanoned edgelord, the dual-personality edgelord, and the literal face peel offing peacetime and wartime criminal, I'm the hardest on the singular Gold Saint who shares my zodiac
Dude deserves it though. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 21:54:16  #9583

Imagine if Shun was trying to save Hyoga in the Libra Temple and then Camus stepped out behind a pillar like "surprise."
(I was gonna censor the meme but then realised. What is the point)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 22:04:54  #9584

I started playing Awakening again and my guy Shura is made of pure unbridled violence (my first S Saint there, which is common)
Thanks though, he seriously is the goat (stolen pun, I still love it so much)

Apparently the gacha is worse than F/GO's, which I can attest to I think, just based off my beginner experience.
Anyways, the nostalgia is real. There used to be a Chinese shouyou (I don't know how to translate this but it's basically a phone game with a storyline, I think?) that I played for SS on phone, which ofc shut down a year later. And on it I mained Seiya, and Shura was also one of my starting Saints there who helped a bunch. So it's super nostalgic.
I also love all the character skins. It's like a dream come true. Super laggy though. I constantly have to reboot. 
I think I prefer the gameplay of the shouyou just because it was more active, but a lot of the format otherwise is very similar, like the missions screen, PVP (big yikes for a whaley game but it's okay), the resources...yeah, I like it, but at one point I might drop it again just 'cause it takes up a lot of time.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 22:07:03  #9585

"Any damage dealer can be AOE if you stall all the other enemies long enough" is my creed so far (Shura is AOE)
I like it since for F/GO the boundary between AOE and single target seems very predetermined for challenging content. Here I can just chop up enemies like radishes. Very Shura style.

Dude blends in perfectly in a team filled with teenagers (and Kiki). What can I say, I just know the Gold Saints too well.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 22:33:54  #9586

Logged back in just to say this
Another thing I hecking love: The way the Lost Canvas Gold Saints are differentiated from the original's
I know the designs get accused a lot of being the same/extremely similar to the original series' (which was clearly intentional as marketing goes) so it's so nice to see the individuality

Spamming a bunch of images that might not work as examples

Defteros

Kanon

Manigoldo

Deathmask

Asmita (the difference is more subtle but I think it's still there)

Shaka

Kardia

Milo

Capricorn El Cid

Shura

Degel

Camus

And Albafica!

Aphrodite

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2024 22:42:13  #9587

And finally some Lost Canvas art

(the latter is the background image for the title screen rn)

I dig the ability of the artists to somehow come to a coherent middle ground for the different art styles if you can't tell
Original art style from LC for reference:

LC anime:

SS manga:

SS anime (OG 12 Temples arc): 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2024 16:31:40  #9588

Milo: So I came all this way to make sure you and your apprentice wouldn't be branded traitors by Sanctuary and executed if you don't heed the Pope's orders quickly enough...and you're sinking this boat before we go??? Why???
Camus: Reasons.

SS will kill me one of these days with their weird hecking friendship (it wouldn't be weird except for Camus. It's because Camus. Camus is weird)
Literally Milo is one of the best friends to have (he's a dutiful Saint who still has his human side), he literally goes to Siberia by himself from Greece to make sure his friend gets the right message, and what does Camus do.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2024 16:51:45  #9589

In-battle: Master and apprentice fighting each other to the death tragically
Me: Give me a moment to calculate how many turns it will take for me to slice you like a radish. 

Shura AOE.

I love how as soon as Hyoga, Isaak, or Milo display any abnormal behaviours I just automatically blame it on Camus.
It's his fault. also Shion's because what in the world was that education
No seriously, look at the other Saints who have masters. Shaina is protective of Cassios and will hunt down an innocent dude just for beating her apprentice, Shaina will go against Sanctuary to protect Seiya, Dohko is a pretty good master, Nachi has a nice wolf master from what I can tell, I have no information on Shion and Mu's relationship but Mu is clearly weirded out by his master acting evil so it couldn't have been too bad, I think.
We don't talk about Guilty though, heck that guy. 
Anyways, the point is, I dunno what in the world Camus was doing. I really do feel like if Isaak and Hyoga had any worse of a foundation personality-wise they'd both be psychopaths or something. I do not approve of Camus' teaching methods.

I think it's kinda funny how I take SS so seriously and unseriously at the same time, e.g. I think Camus has issues and so just makes the worst decisions ever because he wants to try to do the right thing (he fails anyways though) (yes this is me roasting a fellow Aquarian), and for Shion I think he was tired and really wanted to retire and go hang out a bit with Dohko and accidentally forgot how edgy teenagers can be (hi Saga and Kanon)

Gameplay-wise I have a pretty good team I think, it's just enhancement takes forever.
I'm trying to figure out how to use Milo, Camus, and Shion better. Not necessarily in the same team, but let's be real, I fanboy over Milo and Camus as friends even though I make fun of them a lot (and for valid reasons imo). So when I see one of their basic attacks showing their in-game link I kinda go feral.
Basically I need Shion to do more attack, Hades Shun to actually do a bit more basic damage instead of just standing there and doing like 200 per hit, how to get Milo to be more consistent as a damage dealer, and also I'm trying to work out a master-disciple team for Hyoga, Camus, and Isaak. (I try so hard to slot Milo in for no reason but I only have so many slots to work with ): )

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2024 16:59:52  #9590

Continuing on blaming Camus

1. I can't actually blame the weird cape-thing Milo was wearing for no reason on Camus because I have no evidence, and let's be real, most (if not all) of the Gold Saints have some issue where they put on a weird cape or cloak or carry a helmet they refuse to wear so they can look cool.
2. Actual thing I'm blaming Camus for--Milo attacking Hyoga on sight. It was so funny but you can't tell me Milo would do that on his own without someone's weird influence. He does plenty of weird things but not that sort of thing specifically. In other words, fighting someone on sight with no actual explanation is 100% Camus' schtick.
3. And then Camus really just said No to Milo wanting to give Hyoga the Cygnus Cloth and forced Hyoga to have to mock-fight 2 Gold Saints in a row. See, this is the sort of proof I have. The dude is not normal.
4. At the same time, he also proceeds to not affirm Milo saying he and Camus know each other, forcing Hyoga to stay back out of suspicion (which is super sweet btw, obviously Hyoga at his core is a very sweet person but still, imagine staying back to protect your master even if you know the opponent is very strong and probably out of your league). Dude could literally just nod or something but no. 

And not really Camus' fault, but I lowkey died when Milo was like "Hyoga I can see you." I know Milo isn't that young compared to the other Gold Saints (literally their birthdays are within a year of each other for the most part) but I just read it in a very particular way.
Then Hyoga was like "oh so they're actually childhood friends." 
The vibes are all over the place and it's definitely the Aquarian's fault. like literally you'd think he'd mention Milo at least once to his disciples but,,, no.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 5, 2024 22:51:06  #9591

I think my perception of Shion is super funny (I think even though he looks dignified and poised, he's a troll at heart and instinctively really wants to swear with all the swear words he knows)
So we have the grandfather (Shion) who's still a teenager at heart, Mu who kinda taught himself and is naturally pretty dang chill (he knows his teacher is like that but pretends not to notice it), and then Kiki who's goofy and mischievous because let's be honest, Mu treats him like a son. 
Credits to Shion for faking it til he makes it btw (as Pope), I'm not discrediting his sense of responsibility at all. But I will make fun of him for thinking it'd be a good idea to pass his role down to a 14 or 15-year-old (Aiolos was 14, Saga was 15).
Also he says (shouts) "Idiot" and "Die" a lot in Awakening. Dude is no chill. 
Btw me thinking he wants to swear is because of how much unnecessary name-calling and general hubris he participates in. I think it actually makes sense.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 11:35:31  #9592

I got jumpscared by a professor knowing my name out of absolutely hecking nowhere
Usually I raise my hand and he's like "Yeah?" or nods and then today it was "Galaxian?" DEATH

Btw the SS brainrot is not going away lol
I wasn't getting out of it to begin with (plus playing a game in the series doesn't help), but then the other day a gym instructor played "The Final Countdown" and I'd literally just been thinking about that one Milo AMV with the song and boom, the brainrot increased tenfold
Galaxian trivia btw, SS AMVs were what got me through that one year where I had no RL friends (because they all moved away at once the year prior and everyone else already had their groups) and no online friends (because I wasn't on the internet yet), so I have a lot of memories with the songs and videos playing or being sung. So I'm very normal about them lol (this is partially why I remember so many frames from the series lol)

The farming for Awakening is kinda brutal from what I can tell (thank the gods for auto farming though at the very least), I farm all my stamina for experience and get Camus from level 39 to level 40,,,
It's an experience for sure because most people seem to use Saga and/or Kanon for farming, so most of the time I just get "GALAXIAN EXPLOSION" in my ears while I'm doing work.
My name is the best, what can I say. 

Unrelated to school or SS, here are some videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAfeJmlwWnE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yHPvMA1BNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhin4Bt_lLg

Also I looked up hagfish slime and got this super funny sentence from an article in The Atlantic
"Hagfish produce slime the way humans produce opinions—readily, swiftly, defensively, and prodigiously."
Obviously my swift opinion is on how funny that sentence is.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 11:36:02  #9593

I wanted to link some trolley problem stuff nooo

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 11:48:35  #9594

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 22:05:48  #9595

someone please remind me not to spend 6 hours in the athletic facilities next time

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 22:06:51  #9596

Joking by the way, I regret nothing

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 22:24:46  #9597

Actual updates that aren't just weird empty jokes
I found out I really hecking like squash (as in the sport)
I'm getting better at staying active and stuff. Now I just need to work on not being dead tired afterwards so I can actually do work
My roommate might take care of a guinea pig in a week and I think that guinea pigs are very cute
It is 80 degrees here when outside it's fall weather (:
I really like drawing and I really wanna write (personal stuff not school stuff) but I can't
Pears are so good

And finally, "Final Countdown" played again while I was doing sporty stuff so yeah, the brainrot got renewed again.

Honestly I'm lucky that Wiley is in the SS AU, or else the brainrotting would be 100% unrelated to chemistry, which I definitely need to do work on
I want to go to bed immediately lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2024 22:48:10  #9598

I should probably not be posting stuff like this since I know I'm not exactly in a stable state of mind (when am I ever?) but
I keep thinking back on Milo scenes and stuff and I find it lowkey hilarious (sorry Milo) that at first a lot of his debut scenes in the anime have him bullying people by throwing them upwards (he showcases a whirlwind technique with no name when he was war peace criming Andromeda Island in the anime only, and again beat up Seiya and Shiryu by hurtling them upwards using their own techniques), but then later on Hyoga uppercuts him while turning the tide of their battle, Rhadamanthys kicks him up from the chin up, and then in Soul of Gold he gets water vapoured or something by Camus & Surtr and gets tossed off a cliff. Not before visibly faceplanting on a rock on the way down though.
It might not be the actual definition of irony but it fits mine.

Again I'm sorry Milo, I love you and I don't mind that you're probably one of the weakest Gold Saints, but gosh dang it lol

Btw idk why the anime tried to make Milo share the Andromeda Island thing, I think that crime is Aphrodite's to carry. (It also generated the plot hole of Shun not addressing it afterwards lol)
Also reiterating (to myself) my opinion that SoG Camus seems very in-character. The dude would 100% do something as stupid at what he did and be the only Gold Saint who +1s the others on betraying his comrades even though fake betrayal is their schtick. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2024 11:31:35  #9599

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I found out I really hecking like squash (as in the sport)
I'm getting better at staying active and stuff. Now I just need to work on not being dead tired afterwards so I can actually do work

That's good to hear.

totally random, but when it came to sports did you really enjoy any others in the past?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 8, 2024 12:04:33  #9600

Yeah, I like a lot of sports, like badminton, volleyball, hacky sack (the western version and the Chinese version), table tennis, swimming, bowling (if it counts), skiing (I wanna try snowboarding sometime too but I think I'll always like skiing more)
I like skating too but I do it once every 5 years or something,,, definitely a beginner there xD same goes for archery, I've tried it once and it's so cool (I'm so bad at it though) but the opportunity rarely comes by
American football is fun when a 6'+ guy isn't ramming me into a wall by accident. I think I like the running aspect of it, and I throw pretty well, but it definitely is pretty risky. I think if others didn't watch out for me I'd have experienced a concussion by now
Baseball is pretty fun too but it's not in my favorites. Baseball has its rep for sure xD

The only sports I'm more neutral on are basketball, which my mom really likes. And then for soccer/football I really do like hacky sack more
And then ig for golf, I don't get the point. I know sports in general are games and everything is fickle when you reword what you're doing--and so yeah the "getting a ball in a hole" aspect is weird for me--but for golf specifically I just think..."All those fields, and for what?" I'd rather the landscape just be kept the way it is and you can go on a nice walk or something. But I haven't actually ever tried the sport itself. 
(I guess every sport has its field, idk why golf in particular stands out so much to me xD ig maybe it's big?? But football stadiums are big too??? Hmm.)

Huge long response aside, do you have any favorites? Maybe any recommendations? I'll get to the recommendations within 10 years xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera