GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2024 21:45:23  #9541

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I forgot that we can make fun of Shaka for sucking at that lance throw he tried when it came to his confrontation with Hades-Shun

His lifting strength is multi-stellar, but the force evaporates when he throws something. The spear goes into slow motion

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 18, 2024 21:48:03  #9542

Forum!Hitan: You two need to get up once in a while. Sitting down all day isn't good for your health.
Forum!Galaxian, sitting down with a computer on his lap and candy in his mouth: But sitting is needed for meditation purposes
Shaka, sitting cross-legged nearby eating chips: That is true.
Forum!Silence: You both are idiots.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:55:30  #9543

I still think that Wiley is just the most anti-intimidation guy ever and the fact that he's the explody Saint is particularly hilarious
I mean, I guess it's similar for Rai and Hitan, you have 1) this dude who unfortunately is unable to use guns when that's literally his thing (you'd better believe he's using all the loopholes to imitate the effect though lmiao) and who has no relation with water whatsoever who's supposed to be the water bearer, and 2) a dude forced to shoot hole punching beams when he ordinarily just does a carpet bomb.
Gonna keep this up for every single Gold Saint I dev, I think it'll be hilarious.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:59:30  #9544

I was gonna try to contrast Hitan with the idea of the scorpion, but I actually have no idea what he even would be.
(*googles "weird creatures with wings*)

The closest thing I'm getting rn is a penguin. Because those lil guys wear tuxedos. Hitan gives off the vibe of a bird that can't fly but wears a handsome lil tuxedo. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 22:04:08  #9545

I'm ngl, I've been trying to think of what Rai would do (because he doesn't use ice), and rn my idea is that he uses a lot of effort to pretty much turn his Temple into a gun.
He does the beam from the sky thing as support. Like y'know how Saga nuked his brother? He kinda does that, but not with entirely raw power (because he is not as OP as those two lol). It's more of a supportive function.   
Sanctuary's roof repair costs going through the roof rn.

(I think it's really funny that stuff like this comes from trivia about Rai that I don't think people can figure out from his GGaD persona, so it probably seems weird but to me it makes perfect sense)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 22:08:10  #9546

(I'm acting drunk btw I know, I'm still hyper for some reason and want to talk a lot, not necessarily to people who want to listen)

Rai: See, we call our place the "Temples," but our structure and layout are pretty much reminiscent of a tower defence game. Which means that nuking as many enemies from the backline as possible, even if it is sacrificing a bit of firepower and resources in the process, is actually a highly practical method. You see--
Wiley: ok.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 22:17:08  #9547

Time to blame all this on "Don't Be Racist, I Am a Building"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 00:09:40  #9548

I can't believe I forgot the Pisces Saint is Sunny...again

I don't know how he looks in Gold Cloth but I'm gonna make fun of him preemptively anyway by calling him a wallflower sunflower
He hasn't done anything to me as usual, I just like bullying him.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 00:11:17  #9549

Respecting the rule that I must make jokes the deepest lore
Basically. Pisces who?

(@Xenia and Paymon - rip I'm sorry the prospects aren't looking good for you guys. again)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 00:14:05  #9550

Absolutely in hysterics rn because I named Sunny in this AU too and everything
(Usually when I do that I'd remember, alas...)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 00:51:48  #9551

I like how I auto-escalated the song by remembering "Love each other, sisters and brothers, or we will break your knees" rather than simple dreams-haunting

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 02:21:55  #9552

Oberon's Valentine's scene has him give you

Void Dust to annoy you

so I

made him claw through the Void Dust CE Advanced Quest
One day I'll design Rai to annoy him, but until then I have to do the annoying myself lol (it comes super naturally)
(for some reason I'm imagining Rai in a rat costume?? Funny but also what on earth xD)

The other day I drew some stuff on a snowy bench, like a cartoon ghost and flower branch and horrifically misshapen owl, and the next morning I found someone had drawn a cute confused cat next to everything I'd drawn.
I have. Someone. I want to look for and befriend. Please world. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 23:45:34  #9553

COTL went ahead and pwned me with its Little Prince story morals
I blame the scenery, it's always the scenery's fault. 
(For real though the writing is kinda janky [idk if it was imitating the original work, but structurally it can be questionable]. The message got through anyways though xD)

I legit had a heart attack when I saw the Little Prince is in Eden :') 
Guess he'll have to wait a week since I already went this week lol good luck friend, you're gonna need it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 19, 2024 23:54:27  #9554

I think it's kinda funny how I don't think I'll ever fully get past people choosing to move on. Believe me, I understand that it happens and why it happens, and most of the time I'm content about just having those who choose to remain. 
...So, I guess COTL caught me at a specific time lol. 
Again, I'm not very familiar with the original, but I'm guessing COTL tried its best to remain true to the spirit of the original. I also find it really interesting that Fate Voyager's scarf looks really similar structurally to COTL's. I'm wondering if the scarf is maybe described in the original novella. (I know Voyager's 2nd ascension is very Little Prince-geared, even though I initially thought it was a magician outfit lol.)

Turns out it's only 64 pages lol, ready read time.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 00:07:57  #9555

To finish my ramble on COTL though (spoilers ahead, I just don't feel like tagging them this time), I dunno, I just feel like there's a lot I can relate to for the rose. We often try to act like the best version of ourselves for our friends and sometimes unwisely pick out our time to spend with them, so we can be there for them and so our friendships can continue on. But sometimes not even that beauty we flaunt is enough. We're not unique enough in the way they're searching for. They're constantly looking for new places, new people, and sometimes they choose to leave without coming back. 
Of course, we don't blame them for wanting to explore new worlds and find new life. But still there's that selfish question--will they ever regret leaving behind something that could have been beautiful--nay, something that already was beautiful?  

Looking forward to reading the actual work and realising how much I screwed up my interpretation (alternatively because I am always right I'll be able to develop my impressions and get pwned further)

I'm gonna read the hecking novella I swear (*immediately gets pwned by a direct quote*)

"All grown ups were once children--although few of them remember it."

If that part about stars and not seeing the Prince as suffering comes up, I hecking swear I will lose it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 00:45:44  #9556

Done.

A week later, huh. 
emotional damage

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 18:29:43  #9557

Dreamt that I was GGaD!Galaxian and this dang little hippo kept on chewing on my hand.
It hurt, you lil bastard. 

The utter pain aside (which just means that I was not in-character enough, since GGaD!Galaxian wouldn't be able to feel his hand getting chewed off), it's funny considering what would happen if someone actually chewed his hand. And also I know exactly where the thought came from--it's from that one Onion line on the real-life hungry hungry hippo eating tourists.
The brain can be pretty funny huh.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 18:59:48  #9558

Did I ever miss why Sagittarius can use a bow & arrows when Saints aren't usually supposed to use weapons, or is archery just part of its own realm
Also Sanctuary really does teach Athena Exclamation to all its Gold Saints just as an emergency prerogative "you can use this if you really need to...but also your soul will be condemned even by your own goddess lol gl"

I keep imagining forum!Galaxian as sometimes just being done and trying to imitate the technique, only to realise there isn't anyone else he can get damned to eternity with and just being like, "Dang it."
(he's so funny he's pretty much a combat genius but he's an idiot and has no idea how to cope with emotions)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:02:51  #9559

Apparently the bow is an accessory to the armour.

Sure.
(*starts stacking swords onto the armour*) unleashing my inner forum!Galaxian. the lil maniac

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:06:08  #9560

Love the two defining characteristics of my personas: Abnormal and hecking stupid
(Atalante's gonna be stacking something other than swords real soon)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:08:23  #9561

Anyways the starting point of all this was actually because I realised I forgot how Shura enunciates "Excalibur"

I still think as attacks go it's pretty hecking brutal (anyone who wasn't literally diced in half from taking it to the face is just lucky due to censorship and plot armour)
Like yea Scarlet Needle is this dude poking painful holes in you, but at least they're holes, rather than this Spanish dude slicing you vertically like a radish
Then again, Great Horn is just shattering every bone you have in your body, so idk why I'm thinking so much on this. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:14:16  #9562

I don't think I'll ever get past Episode G Assassin making it so that Saint Seiya's King Arthur was a Shuraface
Hecking hilarious

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:17:47  #9563

Unfortunately I just rewatched Shiryu vs. Shura and am now laughing like a maniac.
I swear I didn't mean to, it's just that the transitions are so dang funny that the scene looks like a vine to me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:21:40  #9564

Rip on the Chemistry midterm class grades. lmiao
(33% mean moment)

The professor's not gonna let us hear the end of this once we get back.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:27:16  #9565

To be fair though I'd be more surprised if we as a class did better, seeing as the number of people who show up to class has been dwindling every class
Like for the last class I think I saw 15 people or smthn. 
Not exactly the recipe for success.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 20, 2024 19:40:28  #9566

I was like "why does January 2023 feel like so long ago when it's just been a month" and then realised

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 01:42:22  #9567

Seeing as I deliberately stopped staring at SS stuff because I knew it was messing with my art, I can't tell if what I'm doing rn is pretty much the artistic equivalent of a death wish
:shrug: It wasn't gonna be good anyways.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 02:23:32  #9568

My personal headcanon to this day for why 10-year-old Shura looks the way he does is that the animators were told he was 10, laughed, asked if the other person was being serious. Cried. Went insane. And then went completely overboard trying to make him look anything but 10 

Also no this isn't serious, it's just me being insane.

-Gallaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 02:24:20  #9569

Say what you will about Episode G Assassin's art style and powerscaling tendencies, this panel goes hard as heck

(I love Saga-Owl just being a blob in the middle of all this lmiao)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 21, 2024 02:27:21  #9570

I don't think I'm going to be able to move forward until I get my revenge on that dang little hippo
It latched onto me and its teeth got stuck in my hand.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera