GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2024 19:24:47  #9511

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Hey look Echo here's another person being normal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gycwFynGO0
Disclaimer: I watched most of the video on mute but it's probably just a funny video...probably...probably...

Realising Nezha and Ao Bing have a "They're each other's only friend" thing going on too lol
let's ignore how in the original myth Nezha did an oopsies (murdered him)

-Galaxian-

P.S. I love me guys who can kick hacky sack

You actually reminded me of that movie/that I want to watch that movie

albeit the original reason I want to watch it is because of the clips I saw of Ao Bing but we'll ignore that

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 7, 2024 16:22:15  #9512

sure I'll ignore that...for now

Today is a day for sure

My professor was going around asking for names of people in the lab, saw me, stared for a second, and then veered away
y'know if he was any other professor I'd assume he just already knows but it's him so it's just funny xD

I saw two Umineko songs in Arcaea but I don't think I can play them so dang ):
Also on an almost unrelated topic, "Bury the Light" legit feels like it'd go well in a rhythm game like Arcaea xD
"I AM THE STORM THAT IS APPROAAACHING" but I have no way to keep up whatsoever. Total, obliterating defeat. Just being crushed. 
Hi, this is Galaxian realising I don't know the song's BPM lol.
Idk anyways lol, da game hard. I apparently got better during my hiatus but I'm already fearing the level 9s (I don't have enough shards to unlock them again lol so rn I'm just doing the difficult 7 ones)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 7, 2024 21:45:34  #9513

(Spoiler tag because of possible triggering mentions and F/GO Valentine's events spoilers)

From the Valentine's gift of "Even if you do kill yourself one day, I'd support you" to the event's "Sometimes the best way to save people is to end their lives" (paraphrased), F/GO sure is doing a good job of making me whiplashed 💀
Also I just typed "skull" instead of "skull emoji" please FBI 💀

I really feel like there was a better way to resolve Bazett's giving vs. taking theme instead of that. y'know. I just can't get over it jsfdiofsjfo

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2024 23:01:48  #9514

7th level 100!

Changgong's level 120 will have to remain a dream for now because idk if I'll ever be able to pull him NP6 (if I do I'm certain it's gonna be a slow slow ride), so until then I'm gonna work on some other heroes :D (and keep bond farming ofc lol...what I do barely counts as bond farming but hey, it works.)
If I do get more coins for him, I'll probably go by increments and save like that, but it's not a priority since I like a lot of different characters in the game. I say that but 4 of the other grailed characters are just 2 versions of the same ones
I found out I need to narrow down my goals so here they are along with rationale.
-Gray: I want her level 90 ASAP. I might go to 100 eventually. She's at 80 rn, which is her default max, so that means at least 2 grails, or 7 if I want lvl 100. 
-Mandricardo: He's a priority 100 target for me. He currently is at level 90 with 4 grails, which means I'd need 5 more. 
-Habetrot: I'm definitely giving her 2 grails when I can. Level 90 target.
-Zenobia: Hoping to go to level 90 with her, probably after Habetrot though.
-Saito Hajime: He is the storm that is approaching. Level 90 target at least, possibly 100. 
-Lancer Ryouma (and Oryou-san): Definite 100 target, but not at priority pacing.
-Percival: Another definite 100 target, but same as Ryouma. Not at priority pacing. (He's currently at level 90 with two grails)

Lower priorities are below:
-Summer Okita Alter and Bradamante: I kinda wanna get them to 100. Eventually.
-Nagao Kagetora: Also an eventual 100 target. (she's currently at 90 with 2 grails)
-Jiang Ziya: Eventual 100 target
-Yang Guifei: I kinda wanna grail her to 100 because I love her design and gameplay but...scary...
-Oberon: I kinda wanna stuff cups at him for the lolz (it's literally just for the lolz, the man stands on the battlefield and sedates people)
-Osakabehime: My first SSR (I feel bad)
-Saber Diarmuid: I barely remember he exists in the game and then when it comes to grailing I forget him entirely...... (what is his character lol)
-Archer Emiya: Level 90 target. Gotta grail Wiley's...mom? ig? (I like his character lol)
-Astolfo: I also kinda wanna grail them to level 90, not because I use them or am familiar with their character in Fate/mythology or anything, I just...feel bad? Rip.
-Nezha and Qin Liangyu might eventually be level 90 lol.

First list is in approximate order, second one is kinda just all over the place.
This is a lot of resources btw, for the non-F/GO players. And if I do start grailing Changgong towards 120, then that's gonna take 10 more Grails and a heck ton of embers. 
For the first list (which is more definite, as in "I'm gonna do this regardless of the resources investment) that's 33 grails (and all the embers needed) if I go to 100 on the ones I mentioned and meet the other goals too. That's...a lot. Going just by grail casting, I'd get 2 grails every month, which means I'd need 16.5 months to get all the grails. That might not sound like a lot, but that's assuming I don't establish any new priority targets. 

Anyways, I wish I had this sort of resolve for IRL stuff. lmiao

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2024 23:08:46  #9515

Also to do math for literally no reason, I'm gonna calculate how many grails I have already used so far
-Changgong (80-100): 7
-Ushiwakamaru (70-100): 9
-Artoria Caster (90-100): 5
-Taira no Kagekiyo (90-100): 5
-Voyager (90-100): 5
-Santa Karna (80-100): 7
-Karna (90-100): 5
-Mandricardo (70-90): 4
-Sieg (80-90): 2
-Antonio Salieri (70-90): 4
-Saber Hokusai (80-90): 2
-Bedivere (70-90): 4
-Santa Nightingale (80-90): 2
-Ashwatthama (80-90): 2
-Percival (80-90): 2
-Nagao Kagetora (80-90): 2
-Astraea (80-90): 2
-Ruler Martha (80-90): 2

Total: 71 grails

So yeah. Grail casting is gonna help a lot, but that's assuming I don't go any month forgetting that it exists because knowing me... 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 8, 2024 21:03:01  #9516

So anyways, this week I've talked to random people (which I don't usually do), attended plenty of events (which I don't usually do), went on the initiative for contacting friends and inviting them to stuff (which I don't do), and did work and have finished my midterms and I still feel like there is something missing, like I should be talking to more people and doing more.
The burnout about to hit tomorrow. Real bad too, I reckon.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2024 04:46:23  #9517

Yoo that's crazy...

Why did you even do that? I mean I get doing that stuff in general to expand your horizons, I try doing that stuff when I can too, but why during midterm season??

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 9, 2024 11:06:56  #9518

Why not?
Where I am it feels like it's always midterms season for someone or other, and since I'm finally in the mindset to be doing stuff, y'know, so...why not talk to people if they're okay with it? Why not try to put myself out there? 
Lowkey this makes it sound like I have bipolar lol. Like I'm going into a manic phase. But dw, I'm always tired. (Also this is a joke, I'm just thinking of that one Onion video with Obama entering his depressive phase and being done with everything)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2024 11:12:33  #9519

I emailed my philosophy professor with a question and ngl the response I got was extremely passive aggressive.
But! I'm gonna chalk it to her not using technology lol (she makes a point of her not using cell phones and not watching TV, so it's very possible that she has a different grasp of tones in messages than I do)
I remember on the forums my tone was all over the place too because I didn't know how to separate my online voice from my real-life one (which back then was more deadpan), so I can understand it. Still I got scared xD. Immediately archived the email and haven't looked at it again so I can avoid the anxiety. I know what was said, so... 
The message was on an assignment that the entire class is failing on. For context, we have to read a philosophy paper and answer multiple-choice questions on whether it has a conclusion, commits certain errors, stuff like that. Problem is, the paper given to us is horrible (an intentionally terrible example), so we all have no idea how to judge it objectively. And also there are some nasty "all or nothing" multiple selection problems where if you don't select one right answer or select one wrong answer, you lose all 10 points for the question.  
So anyways, part of my professor's lowkey passive-aggressive response was to read the materials (which I'm pretty sure most people concerned about the assignment did), which I said I did (and I did). Also she said to take more time to think about our answers (the time limit is 30 minutes). My last attempt I used 12 minutes, because there didn't feel like there was (or ever is really) much point in using all the time for no reason; it's just time to self-doubt.
So anyways, I skimmed the readings again and used 3 minutes, and added like a quarter of my previous score to my new one.
See, that could be seen as passive-aggressive too, but it's totally unintentional.

Also, on Tuesday we had the midterm, and I saw that my impression of what 200 people looks like is accurate.
A lot less people come to class (probably 30 max), so I was doing some real self-doubting xD.
Apparently people keep emailing the prof on missing work and wanting more time, and I think one of these days he's gonna blow a gasket for real because of it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2024 18:25:00  #9520

Chem prof was about to be more upset about the emails thing, but I think he got in a better mood 'cause I wished him a Happy Lunar New Year, so he just mildly complained about it and then continued on. 
Meanwhile, another professor had no idea whatsoever how to react to me saying "Happy Lunar New Year," so he kinda just awkwardly laughed and was Not Comfortable. 
Ngl that's the first time someone has reacted so awkwardly to me mentioning the lunar new year, it's kinda funny.

Anyways, I made a new acquaintance, which is a record because I do not usually meet 2 acquaintances in one week. They said they like my art which is a lol on my part, I probably shouldn't have been drawing before class. (It was for 2 minutes okay?)
Happy Lunar New Year/Chinese New Year btw :3 may the coming year be prosperous as always

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 9, 2024 23:11:13  #9521

I feel like I mention Arcaea once in a while but never actually link songs xD
I could probably list all the ones I really like and then the ones I'm okay on. I guess there's the constraint of me being limited on the songs I can play. No problem though, I play songs on loop all the time lol.
I do enjoy the gameplay, even though I do have a skill cap at the moment. I think I got better for sure though, songs I found hard in the past in the medium category are fine now, I just need to get used to the patterning it seems.

Anyways, here's a new one that I hadn't unlocked before these few days. I can't seem to get a Full Recall just yet but I'm pretty close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxEFgieh6U
"Remind the Souls (short version)" by Nhelo. It goes harder while playing ngl. 

Also "Bookmaker" by Kobaryo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6wSKrwmg4
I specifically really like a middle section and idk why xD
You can see the level I'm playing at too xD. I'm not very good at rhythm games, and I especially don't fare well with higher level songs that require a lot of tapping on the same lane at a fast speed, among other things. 

These songs are really energetic and rowdy, and aren't actually the most representative of the game. I guess these choices reflect my state of mind tho. 

Thinking about it, it's kinda funny how I fly a bit in Sky just calmly collecting candles or chatting with friends, and then I go to Arcaea where my fingers go into overdrive. It kinda does feel accurate to my personality lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 12, 2024 21:13:33  #9522

Got greeted enthusiastically by someone I have absolutely no recollection of
Greeted them enthusiastically back and asked them about their day, watched them realise my voice is completely different from the person they thought I was and the life drain out of their eyes immediately
"Thanks for saying hi!" I chirp, waving goodbye to them and skipping backwards as they stand in a stupour.

Also eating pizza with chopsticks
Ngl I might just start doing this
(in this case I'm doing it in honour of this one person I watched who tried to eat pizza but before they could take a bite, the entire slab of cheese and pepperoni fell straight onto their napkin. So they kinda just stared. I was dying of laughter ofc.)
At the end they said they'd have to waste some of the pizza because bits of napkin were stuck to the cheese bits and I just said, "Coward."
Turns out life is much more enjoyable when you can call people cowards

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 15, 2024 23:23:08  #9523

Updates!
-Accidentally started anarchy in philosophy class by asking questions because I forgot the monotheists in that class constantly lie in wait to find possible contradictions in other religions and uh, let's just say I made a mistake.
I'm retroactively making myself deserving of that email lol.
-Found a song I really really like via Arcaea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-RC1pZqg4
There's something about it I dunno lol. But it's really calming, and I got a Pure Memory on it just because of how well I vibe with it.
If you guys know similar songs please let me know, maybe it can help me with my attention issues lol. 
-Speaking of Arcaea, I am for sure getting better. I'm starting to get A's on the Future 8s and some of the 9s too. It takes a specific mindset though, so I gotta keep working on the technique and reaction time.  
-Stand proud Hyde, you're strong
-Remind me not to buy plums again, they always taste horrible lol. I dunno why I keep doing this to myself, albeit only once in a while. Still.
-I am planning to go swimming tomorrow (indoors), but guess which place's weather decided to start snowing after a very long break in which it did not do so. 
-I have a pseudo-break next week! Expect me to just go entirely dead inside for its duration! (I seriously hope I can get some work and writing done but uh,,, doubt.)
-Turns out making fun of people IRL for their preferences is also super fun. Galaxian bully arc
-F/SR: Wonder why the timeline is pruned hmm wonder why

For some reason I find the fact that Zheng Chenggong's DLC ending is just two Chinese guys being alcoholics and making the fandom think they're gay extremely funny. Us with our alcohol addiction and vague bromances. 
But yeah, he has never heard of the chair timeline theory.

-I got my tests done, so the next one is after the pseudo-break (: I'm just trying to enjoy myself though and figure some things out.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 15, 2024 23:29:44  #9524

Also taking out a second post to salute Mantaro (a Discord bot)
I haven't used it much, but I connect it with my history with CC (the Color Coding FWRP), and it's going away on March 1 due to financial issues.
Looking back, that means I've been collecting dailies from it almost every day since approximately April 2019, which is pretty much right after the forums went away. So it's been almost 5 years, which is really long.
No more looting, mining, fishing, and chopping from now on ig, it'll just be Tatsu. Thanks though, Mantaro. It was fun having you around.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 16, 2024 04:33:40  #9525

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Found a song I really really like via Arcaea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-RC1pZqg4

You know, I should have figured you were a rhythm gamer as well. Don't know why I didn't put two and two together.

Time

February 16, 2024 17:25:22  #9526

Is that post missing a /derogatory (/j)

Seriously, what does that mean? Does "as well" mean I'm also a rhythm gamer, like other people you know, or does that connect somehow to other games I play? 
(Also I wouldn't call myself a rhythm gamer, I suck at Arcaea and I only play it as my single rhythm game lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 16, 2024 17:25:47  #9527

I go around asking people if they know some cool dinosaur facts but then I go and look at the name Bruhathkayosaurus and think "hehe 'bruh'"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2024 01:51:39  #9528

I think yesterday was the first time Wiley actually went after me for something I did rather than just because he's Wiley.
Turns out he's not beating the allegations, everyone.
okay so he could react like this platonically sure but it's funnier this way

Dang, I was gonna complain about him too. Too bad.

@Wiley - you have. Ketchup hair. I cannot take you seriously

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2024 01:54:51  #9529

Gosh dang it I forgot a joke about the wily man

Oh yeah, the other day my mind formed a thought and it let me know I really really liked said thought before just yanking it out. Kinda like yanking out the carpet and suddenly there's just a black maw where there should have been floorboards.
I've been content for a while but that. That still ticks me off.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2024 02:04:50  #9530

Oh yeah? What's the ketchup-haired mustard armour clad man gonna do about it, huh? Not so saucy now, are we?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2024 18:44:24  #9531

My mind says "Run with Athena's dress because. Chest window"
End. Me.
one of the Jaegers will kill me and tbh it'll probably be Kurome

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2024 20:10:33  #9532

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Seriously, what does that mean? Does "as well" mean I'm also a rhythm gamer, like other people you know, or does that connect somehow to other games I play? 
(Also I wouldn't call myself a rhythm gamer, I suck at Arcaea and I only play it as my single rhythm game lol)

-Galaxian-

Well, maybe a better phrase is "I should have expected that you played a rhythm game.

I feel loads of rhythm game players have their hand in anime or something similar. The communities are pretty adjacent to each other.

Time

February 18, 2024 05:17:12  #9533

Sorry I'll respond later but

Imagine your mind holding you hostage so you're forced to write 20 pages of random crap that probably isn't really worth anything until 5 A.M., which btw is like a quarter of a day past when you usually stay up?
Haha. Ahaha! Couldn't be me! 
I'm gonna go black out and write the rest later.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:21:52  #9534

I love how the Chinese fandom calls Deathmask/Shura/Aphrodite the "middle age squad"
It is statistically incorrect because Saga and Kanon are the only ones at 28 years old and the median/average ages are both 20

I was gonna make a joke about making Wiley in the SS AU 30 years old but realised that probably crosses some automatic simping threshold that Echo has. Gonna make him younger just for that.
(/j
I have no idea how old he is.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:23:54  #9535

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:30:13  #9536

Time wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

Well, maybe a better phrase is "I should have expected that you played a rhythm game.

I feel loads of rhythm game players have their hand in anime or something similar. The communities are pretty adjacent to each other.

For some reason this post is giving me deja vu. Either we've talked about this before or I've seen the same claim being made somewhere.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:35:34  #9537

I forgot that we can make fun of Shaka for sucking at that lance throw he tried when it came to his confrontation with Hades-Shun

(this is what happens when Athena forbids the use of weapons, see? Everything can be traced back to Athena. Hecking Athena *ignores eventual need to develop Athena in own AU*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:37:05  #9538

Newsflash: 10 years later, local Saint Seiya fan still has no idea how armour works
/j, I don't know how anything works.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:39:36  #9539

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19s411y7Rt/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.21
I still can laugh like Kanon in the exact sequence shown in the video.

Btw I freaking love how SS handles the voices and appearance of Saga/Kanon. Same VA, same face, but totally different vibe. Kudos to the artists and VA xD.

Oh yeah, this reminded me, the other day I came across a post comparing art styles for the different series and I was just so confused because I saw some complaints on the colouring of the Hades saga (shading being too monochrome) but it's?? The Hades saga??
I keep coming across stuff that I thought was a given and finding other people have different opinions.
Lol imagine remembering people have different opinions. Can't be me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 18, 2024 21:41:09  #9540

I'm also gaining some new appreciation for why Saga's hair colour in the Hades arc was probably changed. 
(Wiley's hair colour lowkey killing me aesthetically speaking)

I haven't looked at SS screenshots in a while but lemme just say I can blame some of my common mistakes on the fact that younger me spent so long Staring at these screenshots that some errors remain embedded in my brain.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera