GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2023 13:19:57  #8971

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

(Spoilers for F/GO JP)

NAGESHHHHH! WHERE ARE YOU?!!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 19, 2023 13:23:14  #8972

Running on 1 hour of sleep and somehow got better at Among Us wth
Also daytime Among Us is pretty funny. In every round I've been the one to see/deduce the imposter, usually because they killed right in front of me, and somehow (apparently) I seem less sus than usual. (Though the first round I saw someone kill in front of me and the entire rest of the crew was like "A'ight we trust you but if it's not them we will throw you out immediately" which is pretty funny to imagine meeting-wise)
Last round was more wacky though since the imposter had shapeshifter as a role, which complicated things, but not by too much.
Pretty fun game. Trying to get better but will definitely not actually get better.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 19, 2023 13:56:16  #8973

What's your opinion on the shapeshifter role? I personally really love the challenge it gives to rounds, though I've yet to experience it as an imposter.

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

June 20, 2023 03:18:18  #8974

I probably have even less experience with the game than you do, so it's hard to say, but on the crewmate end (since I suck at being imposter as you all know) it spices things up a bit. I think it's a great tactical advantage that imposters can use, if they use it well. And I reckon it's a lot harder than it looks. I imagine it's really important to keep it as a sort of trick card when you're more prone to be voted out as imposter, but again, I dunno for sure.

It's interesting to me so I'm mentioning it, but mostly what I've garnered is Among Us is kinda like driving, you can't hyperfocus on one point. also you can't trust anyone else in all senses of the situation
As a crewmate, I mean. Maybe it's the same as imposter? I hate the role very very very much.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2023 03:23:18  #8975

I've been missing the SA game a lot so I downloaded something kinda like it? It's a Marvel game, which is funny because I know basically no one on the roster.
Anyways, everyone on my team is either possessed or a psycho, which should not be a surprise.
It was kinda embarrassing to play it at first because I saw it at an electronics store and lost 2 times with my mom watching because I do not understand instructions. I'm better at it now though, and I did the castle raid thing or something because it reminded me of those team missions in the Spirit Animals game.
I also had to switch the language to English because not knowing the original names of the characters bugged me.
Anyways, the overall environment does remind me a lot of SA. The players there seem young, and there's a chat option too, which reminded me of the good 'ol days. We don't have the moving avatars that SA did though, so there's no dancing in the lobby or anything like that.
Just me being nostalgic as usual lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2023 03:29:14  #8976

I'm trying to remember if I played the multiplayer option with anyone here outside of Fallon and I can't remember, which kinda sucks. My mind really wants to think that I did over chat with Specter and Echo (separately?), but honestly I'm kinda skeptical because there isn't a strong emotional component associated with that "memory" (when my memories tend to retain the emotional encoding aspect strongly), not to mention further details about the entire experience.
I do remember there was a player with a super high level who carried me through so many levels. They were really nice; I kept getting knocked out at the start of the round no matter how hard I tried because the game's difficulty scaling was really bad after a certain level (and everyone else gave up and left), but they kept winning. In the meantime, we kinda just chatted, and we sent friend requests to each other (that we each accepted of course).
But they never went online after that one session. It was really a pity, I wanted to talk with them again.
I also remember thinking that Ishmael's avatar was super characteristic. Same goes with Echo. But I don't think I ever saw them in-game.
Oh yeah, on that note, I don't think I even remember Specter's game avatar, adding to the possibility that my mind is just tricking me (I dunno if they had an avatar or not lol most of my memories of their posts were not on the SAMB). [Now that I think about it, I just forgot their username too lol. It somehow is like that with their username; I sometimes remember it but usually don't.]
Don't mind me. Just rambling.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2023 03:40:11  #8977

I WAS AIMING FOR PERCIVAL, WHAT THE HECK

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2023 03:40:23  #8978

Someone in Faerie Britain doing some trolling

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2023 03:41:57  #8979

Either that or they want me dead.

If it turns out Oberon would do this sort of thing...that would be hilarious. I have insulted him via Rai at least 20 times over the past week.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2023 03:51:38  #8980

This does not look legal.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2023 18:50:32  #8981

Couldn't sleep at all, but then took a 4-hour nap and feel good as new.
In conclusion--anxiety attacks are efficient. my mom would whack me if she saw this lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2023 19:05:20  #8982

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

This does not look legal.

My F/GO experience is slowly realizing that I summoned her probably because of this.
If you think about it, her general appearance structure looks like Galaxian. Who is basically not legal, existentially speaking.
Also F/GO loves making me farm for Lancer embers. (And Rider, and Saber.)

Also I think this is Percival asking me to stop calling her ugly in my head every time she's canonically called beautiful. Look, I'm sure she looks fine actually, okay? Maybe I just don't dig the style. Plus the illegalness aspect.
I love Percival, dude's such a bro. One day I will draw him with Nagesh along with literally all the other character pairs I have to draw. :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 22, 2023 21:36:49  #8983

Fresh first impressions on HYXHN's new arc OP (link is here if you want to look at it yourself lol, idk if anyone's really interested in this donghua outside of me though)

I think this is the first OP where the main couple isn't the focus of the song's animations? It's kinda weird, but I won't say I dislike it, 'cause I don't.
It gives kinda shounen vibes, with Wumu being framed as the protagonist. It kinda gives battle/war vibes too, I'd daresay. Like he's starting a new era with all his friends and training to become stronger. Kinda like a shounen protagonist.

YUJIE! (which btw is not a name, her surname is Yu, as in rain, and "jie" means sister. It's just how she's called.) The stylistic translation is kinda weird but I could tell it was her 'cause of the color palette. I love her aloof/mysterious/cool era. Wow. Look at her. Pretty.

Also, I don't see the lil boy with the crush on the little fox secretary. Where is he? (I might have to go through and look for him again) His sister is here too, and she looks older than I thought.

No comment on the underage drinking. I reckon it's legal for their time, and I don't even know how old Wumu is (I thought like,,, 12 but idk, ages are weird here). Dunno if it's supposed to represent something though. The themes are flying over my head for the most part.

I like how the OP plays on traditional themes. It makes sense for the main main characters (Bai Yuechu and Susu) to only be flitting shadows for the most part in this arc, so that's the role they occupy. The very cliche blue sky background also fits well, seeing as Wumu's name invokes the sun. I also liked the Shinsengumi vibes I somehow got from everyone standing together because...well, you know. Usual reasons.
The animations overall are okay too; I can see rushed portions, but art is hard. Everything is hard. I'm not gonna be too hard on this, especially with the sky-high expectations that probably accompany this arc.
I also do like seeing different art styles for a series like HYXHN, and I'm especially looking forward to it now. It'd be boring for the manhua to always look like the donghua and vice versa. Maybe it even translates to skillful creativity maneuvers that can be done in the process.

Overall! I don't like the song as a whole that much, but that might change over time due to exposure bias. And then animations-wise I love the opening's beginning. There are definitely thematic things there that I need to look into more. I also was not expecting Fan Yunfei to be calling birds, but for some reason it fits?? A lot?? Weird. Also for some reason I love seeing the animals being animated, like the frog (which ig might represent sunset?) and the cat (which idk the symbolism of,,, hopefully not bad things, please not bad things).
Bai Yuechu doing a half fingergun was not something I thought I needed, but it's also weirdly cool. Maybe everything is just weirdly cool. I love the lighting. And Susu prancing around.

Addition: Found the lil boy, want to give him headpats since he's always being punched by his sister. xD also I do ship him and the lil secretary for no reason lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2023 00:28:47  #8984

Watched blue try to frame me for a kill, reported them, told the other crewmates this
...then watched as they voted off another crewmate for no reason, scampered off in different directions instead of calling a meeting, and then Died

I did get a crewmate win yesterday by alternating between admin and vitals, though, so I guess that makes it up?? :')?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2023 00:33:46  #8985

I need to learn the telepathic skill of collectively voting random people off for no reason

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2023 03:39:25  #8986

Short version of the Wumu arc's ED and full version of its OP came out. 
Time to incessantly ramble about the latter. (The ED will have to wait 'til the end or something, idk.) 
Spoiler tagged because it's long and spoilery~

First, looking at the title ("归宗" by 醉雪 btw), I'm guessing it's more of the HYXHN meaning than the traditional (which is more so tied to marriage), but I'm not too familiar with it. Specifically I'm speaking about Fan Yunfei's technique, calling the sand within a large radius to himself. It might be a callback to Season 1 in this way, since this is the arc where he regains his power (when formerly the huge building-sized mound of sand was his greatest feat). Plot-wise that is extremely significant. Otherwise, my personal connotations dub the title as being like a reference to his memories returning to him, returning to their source.
I might be completely wrong.
Oh, and by the way, the original meaning is usually related to a wife (in Ancient China) returning to her "original" family when her husband dies. I really want to think that it has to do with the title, but it probably doesn't. Tragedy and all, the ship sails! Yayy.

Next I wanna talk about perspective! I left that as more of a question yesterday because I was so focused on the visuals. But now I can look at the lyrics, so yay.
The song pretty much just uses "I" as a personal pronoun without other hints, but this ambiguity also makes it cool.
The first guess I made is that the first part of the song is from Wumu's perspective, and then the second part is from Fan Yunfei's, kinda like how Fan Yunfei took after Wumu's legacy and still remembers it (well technically, would remember it if not for the tree shenanigans). But musically I can't make too strong a case for this, unfortunately.

I'll translate parts (or all lmiao) of the song to try to figure this out.
The start of the song goes:
"And at a certain moment, I too glimpsed tens of thousands of desires welling up within a ravine

I crossed between the heavens and earth hundreds of times
Which title should I take off?

While in limbo, your visage appears [along with] all of a past life's markings
On this journey of life, I need only look towards your eyes to escape my nightmares"

Originally: "沟壑之中 有万千欲念 在某一刻我也曾窥见 / 天地之间 我穿行百遍 应该摘下哪一个名衔 / 囹圄之中 你的脸浮现 前尘的印记深深浅浅 / 歧路之间 望向你双眼 带我逃离梦魇"

And this start is really interesting to me, because it has so many implications with its terms as well as where the "true cuts" are.
Let's start off with the ravines and the desires. This part reads to me more as Yan Yunfei, who watched his people's corpses get washed away (and it's clear as day how much he cares for his subjects, so in that instant he basically is watching their wishes and lives flow away because of the cruelty of others' ambitions). Setting-wise, the "ravine" is important too, because I don't recall Wumu having been in a ravine as a plot-significant setting.
But then the perspective feels like it switches to Wumu's. Why? Because as Wangquan Wumu, he is heavily associated with the "heavens and earth" (tiandi). And his character is about how inquisitive he is, taking off his grand title (as the next heir of the Wumu family) to seek out the world. 
And then the next portion feels like Fan Yunfei again, because it talks about the past (which Wumu would not be able to recollect) as well as someone whose eyes guide him. And that's pretty much the point of the arc.
The thing is, I'm not totally sure if I'm interpreting it right. Maybe Fan Yunfei is the one talking all along? Maybe his journey through the world and his desire to put down his name is a reference to his friend? It's possible, I think, especially seeing as he puts down his position as prince for his wife (just so they can be together), and it's very possible the two of them wandered around the world before she died. Plus with how the beginning is framed, I think it could be that the song is completely from Fan Yunfei's perspective: A prince who witnessed the tragic deaths of his friends and citizens, and went on, only to eventually lose his memories of all that transpired.
But that also makes how the song is framed entirely as Wumu's life in animation extremely sad. Not that it wasn't sad before. It means everything is literally just the episode after. The story itself is only a memory. The song itself is from his friend's perspective. And all the images of him, so bright and colorful, are maybe only from that friend's imagination, wanting him to be the hero of a story he never got to finish. 
The interesting question I now have is, are the eyes being referred to Wumu's? I formerly thought that they'd be Xueyang's (not to be confused with Xue Yang from Modao Zushi), but if I think of this start (and the song itself?) as totally being from one perspective, it's possible that here it means Wumu's, since the visuals imply that Fan Yunfei would be focusing on both of them in his recollections, not just his love. 

Next part! (Finally for anyone reading lol)
"Wait to see those tens of thousands of sand particles waiting for me to return
Swallowing the sky and blanketing the earth to bless him with all the colors, the heavens fracture and delusions are buried while I roil the oceans and seas with one hand"
Sorry, it's hard to make the meaning make sense by splitting up the sentences. Original was: "且看那万沙所向 待我归来 / 吞天蔽日赐他混沌色彩 / 穹宇崩坏 妄想掩埋 / 而我只手 翻江倒海"
That's the first main verse. Second main verse is:
"Even if tens of thousands of sand particles return with me
I swear to remember differentiate good and evil, and never change my starting wish
As if the roiling clouds, as if the pure white snow
I can lift the dust of time with a single hand"
Original: "纵使有万沙所向 与我归来 / 犹记善恶当辨初心不改 / 似云茫茫 似雪皑皑 / 只手亦可 拾尘埃"

God I love these main verses. Especially...actually, I can't even pinpoint parts of it. I love all of these two parts. Gosh.
Okay okay, back to the analysis. First I just wanna point out how it's "wait and see." This, coupled with so many other cues, make me feel like these main verses are definitely Fan Yunfei.
But who is he telling to wait? I like to think it's Wumu. Xueyang too, of course, but she's fainted by this point due to a certain bastard. So the first and second main verses pose an important distinction.
The first verse is Fan Yunfei heading out to kill Wangquan What's-His-Bastard-Face. He's set out, full of anger and passion and emotions, and wants so much so to avenge his friend. It's not completely negative, though; the sky is blocked with sand and his intentions, but in doing so he is blessing him with beautiful colors.
It's also important to remember the significance of Fan Yunfei's technique. When he brings sand together, it's for the sake of love. In the first season, he does it to save his (reincarnated) wife. And here it's to avenge his friend as testament to the life the other led. 
It's a horrifying technique if you look at it on the surface level, but it's always done with kind intentions.
I just really love the imagery evoked by this, y'know? His power (as one of the Four Spirit Kings of the work) is tremendous and terrifying. The sun is blocked, the world is as if it's about to end. As he says in the lyrics, a single hand of his could bring the oceans to turmoil. But he only uses it to end the life of a Certain Bastard (hence "burying delusions," which is an incredibly relevant cue to the perspective too btw) and doesn't extend his revenge towards innocents.
On the other hand, I find it so sad that I could interpret this to be from Wumu's perspective too, even though it doesn't fit as well. The tens of thousands of sand waiting for him to return could be a reference to Fan Yunfei (whose body is made of sand), and a big plot point is how he was able to wield the Power of the Heavens and Earth even though he was underground and shouldn't have been able to access it. I mean, he could split apart the heavens and earth too, so it's not like that disqualifies his perspective. Even the delusions part could refer to him expanding others' perspectives of the differences between spirits and humans, though I do place an X on this to doubt (because "delusions" isn't so neatly translated here, it more so refers to wishes rather than thought patterns and such). 
For the second main verse, I just feel like this is definitely Fan Yunfei, no matter how much the first verse could have fit his friend in certain aspects. Because it switches the wording, indicating something has changed. "Even if the tens of thousands of sand particles return with me." By this point, it's clear that this is Fan Yunfei by the end of all of this, killing the single man he intended to kill and then retreating. The significance lies in just how much control over his newfound power he has and, by extension, the power he has over his heart. Really, I can't even begin to describe just how profound this verse is--describing Fan Yunfei's resolve in a single line. This verse, maann.
The full version of the OP is definitely gonna be played during that specific episode like "Unravel" did for Tokyo Ghoul's first season. I will be mad if it doesn't. Make my heart into paper and crumple it, I dare you, HYXHN.
Specifics-wise, I think two things are especially notable. One, the analogy, "like snow." Clearly a reference to Xueyang ("xue" in her name means snow). No alternatives exist. Or if they do, no better alternatives exist. Fight me on that.
Second: The significance of "尘埃" in Chinese. Ashes in English refers to time, right? In Chinese, it more so refers to worldly experiences, I guess. So by proclaiming (very righteously btw, at least while he has these memories) that "with a single hand, he can lift the dust [of time]", it shows how much understanding he now has over the world. Plus it's a reference to his memories being recovered and his powers over sand. Absolutely genius.

And that's too long. Time for a part twoooo~

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2023 04:16:24  #8987

Part 2!

Next portion (I really am translating an entire song instead of doing stuff I need to do)-
"Within an ocean of sand, the resolve of the entire sky dips a brush into ink so that it can write down a series of poems
[Alternative: Within the sandy sky, the resolve of the entire sky and the lake use ink to pen a series of poems]
You use your fingers to complete my crown with the shattered fragments of the past"
Original: "沙海之中 漫天的执念 御水为墨写下了诗篇 / 你用指尖 将过往碎片 镀满我的皇冕"

I sure hope I got the spacings right. 'Cause they look important. The parallelistic spacing should be right though.
Anyway, the crown part makes it obvious that it's Fan Yunfei now. 'Cause even though Wumu has a very high position in society, he's not a prince. 
I just want to know if "sha" and "man" (shaman [lol], as in "sand creature" in Chinese) is a pun?? If it is,,,
Anyways, I think the one being addressed here is Xueyang now. Just 'cause it feels very intimate. Plus the poetry being written and memory fragments are more of their experience together. Not much to say, I think.

Next portion (looks hard to translate but I will try I swear):
"The people query - the people implore where the true dragons reside
The foolish search - the foolish beg to understand
The people query - the people implore where the true dragons reside
The foolish search - the foolish cannot hope to understand"
Original: "世人问 世人叹真龙何在 / 痴人寻 痴人求如何明白 / 世人问 世人叹真龙何在 / 痴人寻 痴人求不得明白"
This is very plot-oriented, but I just love the structure and subtleties. First off I wanna clarify the translation a bit though.
First off, "the people" and "the foolish" are for the sake of preserving structure. What they originally translated were these two terms:
1. "Shiren"--as in "people of the world," hereby referring to both mankind and the spirits. The translation thus incorporates both races rather than "humanity" or "mankind." Plus parallels in articles are nice, y'know.
2. "Chiren" (rhyming with shiren in both characters)--made of the characters "chi" ("foolish") and "ren" (person/people). But actually, it isn't as harsh of a word as "idiots" or "foolish people" as you'd think. "Chi" in Chinese rather refers to someone who is obsessed, either with someone else (in love) or with some sort of cause or idea. 
This distinction is important, because: 1) "Shiren" incorporates the spirits and the humans, representing Fan Yunfei's broader view of the world in not discriminating and preferring his own race over the other; 2) "Chiren" is a softer take than what translation implies, indicating how even though the dragon descendants killed his people, he doesn't hate them. He instead sees them (perhaps in retrospect) as being obsessed--and perhaps even though he can't forgive them, or humans with the same level of obsessions, he understands where they are coming from.
The people on both sides ask where the true dragons exist, but the obsessed are those who search and beg for knowledge they want to understand. But while the ordinary people wonder and the obsessed continue to search, it is revealed that those who are obsessed cannot hope to understand. They cannot pray or beg for what they most long for.

After this, the two main verses are repeated again, so I need not copy the translations to here.
Overall--the song is surprisingly short (around 3:40, along with musical paddings at the start and middle). But I love it for that. It tells a story extremely well, and I especially love the poetic structures and methods used to convey parts of character/stories. Plus the length does reflect just how short all of these events were in the grand scheme, both in Fan Yunfei's life and in HYXHN's chronology as a whole.
More unrelated to the song, sand in general is used thematically to extreme significance. Along with its association with time and the world, it really does show how everything that exists will one day disappear. And I love that thematic idea.
In regards to the song again, though, I love how it gives off more of an olden, antique vibe. It's very fitting considering how the events of the song are probably among the older events portrayed by the donghua and manhua, and in terms of detail they are the farthest back in terms of chronology. 

With respect to comparing the short and complete versions of the opening, I think I really just got the ending of the second main verse? It goes higher in the short version and goes lower in the full version. I think I like it being cut off more as sounds go (maybe I'm just impatient), but analytically speaking, I like how the short version ends abruptly, but also it's as if a horn is being blown towards the future. 
And then in retrospect, about the title (Guizong) and the perspective of the song as a whole--I do think that I agree with the idea that the song is from Fan Yunfei's perspective (in retrospect, ironically). "Guizong" thus represents his technique and its significance to his character, as well as the return of his true self related to these memories being regained. But I love the possibility of Wumu's perspective being threaded in via double meanings, since his story returning to Fan Yunfei's memory is kind of like him returning to his origins, too, in a way. It's bittersweet thinking about it either way, but at least the story itself exists in the first place.

I'll have to look at the ED some other day, but I'll leave one more thing--
How dare you (:

Okay, that's it. Put a wonky emoji or something if you read all of this and want to leave a wonky emoji. Or do something else if you opened this just for curiosity and want me to put this sort of thing on my personal document because of reasons or something, lol.
Have a good day regardless (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2023 04:25:20  #8988

Song analysis high is over, now the depression begins.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2023 04:25:42  #8989

Honkai Star Rail ad lmiao (this really isn't the time xD)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2023 04:57:58  #8990

Fan Yunfei about to say "Even dog houses are--" and being told to shut up is so funny because that room being compared to a dog house is more spacious and looks better to live in than a college dorm.
(:
I really do wonder how Chinese universities' dorms are. Betting they're the same everywhere though.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2023 04:59:22  #8991

Fox Spirit Matchmaker: We condone domestic violence in the face of thematic impossibilities

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 25, 2023 01:02:21  #8992

Major F/GO spoilers in the form of shouting. Please do not click.

YOU THINK YOU CAN KILL MY SENPAI IN FRONT OF ME, BERYL? 
You have guts. I'll give you that.
Okay, now Kagekiyo's gonna gut you. Enjoy.

This Lostbelt, man.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 25, 2023 01:49:50  #8993

Ah yes, LB 6, the arc where what Galaxian is doing to their characters is bashed into their brain.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 25, 2023 19:12:33  #8994

(Major LB6 battle spoiler and some other spoilers to boot)

I'm pretty happy with how long I lasted in the Morgan copy fight. Btw it's scripted to end only when you lose and is totally unwinnable.
I didn't get through to all of their final break bars (at which point the Morgan gets infinite Guts because Fair Enough), but I did get through to two, and the last one had 100K health left. And since it's my first attempt, I was pretty happy with it.
I used Castoria, Lanling Wang, and Voyager, and rolled Miss. Crane in too. I don't think I'm able to sustain battles with her, but I'm getting better, maybe.
The irony in using Voyager was intentional. Protection of the Ends of the World is his third skill. I couldn't resist. Plus I love the entire team so.
Anyways. 
Wow, the story is brutal by the end. Though it's a bit cliche in that brutality. So I can't really say much. Can't even be very sad about it.
I do feel bad for Morgan. But I think that despite her genius, she is...very obstinate indeed. Though I suppose a genius like her probably would never die if not for emotional weaknesses.
Also, I'm sorry, but Tam Lin Tristan is just incredibly stupid. I understand why she is, why she never learned, and then went to extremes. It's her nature, I know. But my gods. 
It seems I'll just have to judge Tam Lin Gawain and Lancelot, especially Lancelot. I know Gawain is definitely not gonna just disappear after this.
Also I'll be nice to Baobhan Sith and Melusine now that they're here. They do deserve that.
And I've finished LB6, Part 2. Part 3 unlocks July. Dunno if I'll be playing games by then.

Let's see.
Story-wise, the timing got weirder because of the Ringing of the Bells and events like Gareth's death (which was very conveniently timed). But I really enjoy the sections with Castoria and Oberon. Both of them are honestly liars. And I really like how ruthlessly efficient Oberon's character is. 
As you might've guessed, I pair some characters (mostly of mine) together with this arc's because of thematic parallels/contrasts. For example: Rai and Oberon. Galaxian and Melusine. 
There's someone I could pair with Morgan too, but that's a double spoiler. ...not that the above aren't big spoilers by themselves, probably. 
I unintentionally paired together Lanling Wang and Melusine, and it was pretty funny seeing as I could imagine Melusine being someone who doesn't believe he's a general, prompting his "I was a general in my last life. I swear I was!" (paraphrased) line for his summer costume.
Anyways, yeah. I dunno too much about Melusine and Galaxian (whose main parallels are through the idea of loyalty, being an "outer existence," beliefs towards love/susceptibility to being manipulated, ability to change their forms, etc.), but from what I can tell, Melusine is a bit worse when it comes to how she approaches love.
Essentially, as a god of loyalty, Galaxian becomes more hurt and withdrawn when he lacks caring from others, while she seeks it like a moth nearing an open flame. Essentially, she's in denial and will seek out toxic relationships over having none, which I think is worse than depression in their case.
Also I find it funny that if they fought, I don't think Melusine would be able to underestimate him. Not because he's particularly powerful, but because he negates her ability to blitz people in the air at the very least and can block the space in which she can move.
Not to mention, since she's not good at knighthood (she states to be bound by human swordplay), both of them probably would resort to throwing hands. And energy blasts ig.
I tend to lean towards characters who show their innate good (or otherwise have very good reason to conceal it), so that's probably why I'm not that big of a fan of Melusine. She is very inhumane. Not her fault, but in terms of liking her, that's all there is to it. She has no qualms about slaughter. That's probably also why I like Barghest a bit more, and why Baobhan Sith's extremes cut me the wrong way.
But to be honest, I don't like any of the Fae Knights too much. Barghest is probably up top, and that says a lot, since I don't like her that much. Her personality's fine, I'm not even too bothered by her sprite's proportions, I just don't like how she needed Chaldea to spell out things for her. Also it is obvious that Adonis is already dead so there's that tragedy waiting to happen.
Again, I'll try to be nice to her, because I understand the importance of that development stage. It can't be that different for her, even as a dragon. Maybe she just needs great luck in finding guidance, like Galaxi.
...rip. In my eyes she really is very similar to a seven year old.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 26, 2023 00:26:24  #8995

A certain someone said that Hitan's hair is "basically cheesy macaroni" and now I'm just,,, how do I even describe feelings.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 26, 2023 00:30:32  #8996

It's just a color test btw. For same face syndrome.
But now I'm cursed with...with this hunger.
:')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2023 00:18:52  #8997

(LB6 Servant Spoilers)

Oh gods, I was about to complain that Tam Lin Tristan's backstory was too much tell and not enough show, and while I guess that still pertains (the specific cruelty of the fairies was not shown and honestly I want more specific interactions between Morgan and Baobhan Sith), but her third ascension kinda took that away.
Well, it still does apply, since you have to summon her to be able to see it, but I guess they're probably going for a horror element here. So it's understandable.
I suppose there was a character connection here that I wanted to bring up? Well, maybe more than one. I can see Galaxian, Hitan, and Rai all connecting to her. I wonder if she'd get along with Anima.
F/GO wise, I can't say I hate her because I clearly have a thing for people in situations where it was never their fault. I mean, look at Changgong. And Ushi too, probably.
I need to look more into her dialogue. I reckon her character in her third ascension encapsulates her pitiful as well as hateful nature (hateful as in justified hatred). But I mean, Galaxian could probably deal with her situation in the philosophical aspect, Hitan would probably see her as a kid and has the shared physical torture portion to him. And then Rai is honestly much more simple, I can imagine him finding ways to make her physically less prone to falling apart and putting a cloak on her. Pretty sweet actually.
Imagining Hitan and Rai, these two guys who ordinarily do not chill together, just sitting next to a couch while Baobhan Sith lies on top of it asleep. Just making sure she is okay. 

Anyways, I do wonder if Changgong would get along with her. I mean it's not like he's a novice at dealing with difficult not-exactly-people, so maybe...?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2023 00:19:51  #8998

She just got another Great Success (boosted her to level 70) so it looks like she likes the blanket/couch headcanon. Which is fair, I like it a lot too.
She's sparing me from farming more embers, she really does have a kind heart at her core (slight joke but also not really)

(Final Ascension)
You're welcome ma'am, now this Chaldea will offer you therapy. 

I wonder which ascension is the "humane" choice for keeping her in...? My current logic is that maybe it's her Third, not because she's more susceptible to being changed but because she actually has all her trauma accessible to her. So any healing is done without her needing to put up her cruel act and with all the information accessible to her.
...I may or may not be entirely wrong (and also a horrible wannabe therapist). Just a disclaimer there.
I dunno, I just feel like it's the most painful fast solution? Y'know, instead of being kind to her while she's distrustful of kindness and doesn't even remember everything that happened, just dealing with her extremely hurt, traumatized, and vengeful side in hopes of healing her. It makes sense to me, idk though.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2023 20:37:25  #8999

Turning my mom into a simp with horrible old art it actually wasn't me it was her taking the sketchbooks out of the garbage

She gets scared by the better pieces xD she doesn't like the way I do eyes (specifically the way I like the most)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 28, 2023 20:43:00  #9000

Scary eyes list:
-Galaxian (GGaD)
-Ambryll (in general she just seems to hate blank eyes lol)
-Forum!Galaxian (various times, which is fair)
-Rei
-Xolani (also fair)
-Raez (very fair)
-Kiaane (see above)

Random commentary from her (translated from Chinese)
"He (Rai) has too soft a face, he's handsome but he's not my type"
"I like Kanon the most"
"(*inner fangirling slowly being unleashed*) WHY ARE THEY ALL SO HANDSOME, WHY ARE THEY ALL SO PRETTY"
"Why is he so sad"
"Why is he (different person) crying blood"
"Aww he's (Galaxian's) so cute!! I don't like his eyes though ):"
[I inform her that that's the drawing of Nagesh beating Zouken up while his friends watch and drink various beverages]
"Oh okay (*completely unconcerned, stuffing drawing into a folder*)"
"Is this Galaxian too"
"How can this be Galaxian when you're Galaxian (*genuinely confused*)."

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera