HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 18, 2023 00:11:45  #8851

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Shoutout to Wiley and Mrs. Crane, idk if Wiley actually had a role in this but she came with 1 multi and I was joking about him being a catalyst so yeah. Don't wanna be too rude.
Also shoutout to my mom for this too. Summons go better with her around and idk why. Though it does break the only-SRs-no-SSR streak from Castoria's summoning session.

The rationale was that redheads can summon redheads and also that maybe they have some sort of joke synergy (with her peacing out and all that), but I didn't expect her to actually come. I was aiming for the Lanling Wang CE in all honesty so...xD? 
(spoilers for Arc 1)

But the other reason I summoned was because she has some sort of connection to Romani iirc, and I miss him. Like a lot. So I thought I'd pull for that reason as well.

The funny thing is that I can't imagine the two of them actually actively getting along. They give neutral vibes if anything lol. But hey, it's kinda fun to imagine, so have some random imagined stuff as per usual.
-The first thing I thought about was Mrs. Crane being grateful, so he does one (1) thing for her completely by accident and she keeps doing things out of gratefulness to him, so some of their interactions are basically summed up by "Thank you" "But why"
-Another thing is I imagine her taking one look at his fashion sense and deciding that she'll design him other clothes (maybe as a continuation to the above), so basically she designs a whole new wardrobe for him. But the thing with Wiley is that he knows his fashion sense is skewed, he just does nothing about it intentionally. So he doesn't wear what she makes and refuses to admit that those outfits look good aesthetically, and she just keeps trying to get him to wear them
-Idk maybe it's because she's a bird but I like to imagine her chasing him around Chaldea trying to get him to wear the clothing she's made
-Also there's something funny about her thinking that he's cute (he wouldn't flirt with her btw...I think).  
-"Cute!" "Literally no one other than me ever says that,,," 
-On a sidenote she reminds me of Rena from Higurashi lol
-He doesn't say anything/anyone is cute around her for this reason, including himself, which is weird since he usually boasts about himself a lot jokingly.
-Idk I guess it's just funny that he's forced to act somewhat normal around her just because he refuses to try on new clothing lol. 
-"Why do you look so tall and be so short" is definitely something he'd say to her
-Wiley whenever she peaces out: "Boy I wish I could do that :')"
-Outside of them running around as a joke, I feel like they could do meme poses together. 
-Also just outside of the funny premise in general, I think they're the type of people who can get along somewhat when they're toned down more. Like outside of the entire clothing thing they have going on, they're acquaintances who can chat over...tea (water lol). Also there's something else that I'm forgetting, but I think it's related to them as characters? Something like that.

Anyhow, keep in mind I know almost nothing about her character so the above might be very inaccurate,,, this is funny while I don't know better tho.
Anyways, thanks again Mrs. Crane and Wiley,,, I need to figure out what to call her since rn all I can think of is Wiley calling her "Bird Woman" and "Cuckoo Tailor"
"I'm a crane, Wiley!" "all birds are the same anyways (*with a deadpan face*)" which is funny because he is literally a scientist

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 18, 2023 01:03:30  #8852

The fact that she talks in French somehow makes it funnier

My mind is coming up with some stupid "What happens when a pan and a pan meet" joke that doesn't even have a punchline (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 18, 2023 09:45:34  #8853

Ooo, congrats on getting her! I know she's a support, do you find her playstyle to be useful? I am not sure if I should try my luck on that banner haha

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (April 18, 2023 09:46:57)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 9, 2023 01:45:37  #8854

I prolonged replying partially because of inactivity and partially because I haven't used her enough, but unfortunately I still have not used her enough. Right now what I can say is that she probably fits Finotaisen's assessment of being "the coolest Servant you [didn't?] need," since her function is to come in and leave. Otherwise I can see her being really useful for Challenge Quests, clutch moments (like when you need an Invuln for your other two Servants as well as an NP, assuming the positioning is right somehow), really calculated fights, and probably farming with two DPSs (since her NP charge effect is immediate...unless you need Overcharge or something and her battery skill is fully maxed out)
I think it's really neat that she's a general supporter like Waver and Hans ("Wans" lol), but I'm so used to playing card-type supporters like Changgong and Castoria that I might be neglecting to realize her to her full potential. Added to her skills being pretty much at 1-1-1 rn and underusage in general
Let me know if you want to try her out or something and I'll put her on the All slot, though again her skills are at minimum level right now so it's probably better to seek out someone who's maxed out her skills. I wouldn't want to undersell her, after all.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2023 02:05:57  #8855

I have a lot of stuff that I want to say but cannot fully remember so here are some portions ig

Inactivity (and School)
Does it count as planned if I mentioned it last year (: 
Yeah. I kinda vanished. Reason 1: School. 05/08/23 (yesterday) at 23:59 was my deadline for all work, and coupled with AP exams, I cut it quite close. I had around 10 minutes left when I got my final piece of work in. The good side: Hey, I knew my own workstyle and pace well enough to make it in time. The bad side: Galaxian you hecking moron.
But what's done is done, y'know, and in terms of the AP exams, I think I did alright. Considering I did 0 studying. College is gonna grill me from the bottom up.
Outside of school...my inactivity was also because of stress. There were quite a few times where I would've complained about something and then regretted it after the fact, so in addition to work productivity, I thought it was for the better to just be entirely silent instead of bringing a bad attitude on here or something, you know. I'm aware that my current attitude still isn't the best, but I really, really want to try being someone who's more pleasant to be around, someone who can overcome their flaws on their own without burdening others too much. Something like that.
Continuing with that sentiment, I don't really want to complain about it now either. But the gist is that I'm very uncertain when it comes to the future. I know what I have to do, but I don't know if it really matters. Or something less severe than that.
What I'm trying to say is, I dunno how active I'll be here during the summer, but hopefully my time management will not be so horrid that I disappear again. But there's no guarantee, as mentioned before. The thing is, between now and graduation I just need to get a bunch of stuff done, and then after that it's probably gonna get worse. But at least I'll get to sleep a lot. The biggest "next event" is graduation, where...well, I guess I'll just leave it there so I don't jinx myself.
Regardless, let me know if you need anything as always. Oh, and the forum theme will change. Eventually. There's something I have to do first.

Games and Stuff
F/GO!
On my last rolls, I uh. Got Tamamo no Mae. And NP 4 Nyalter. Like at least one SR per roll.
So.
I feel threatened. (: I'm not sure if they came to celebrate something? Or destroy me?
But regardless, it's really funny that I got spooked by Tamamo. There has to be some statistical improbability relating to that. And this was on Ying Zhen's banner, btw. The rolls were really good for some reason.
I guess now that I got my free SSR ticket Servant and Ms. Crane, my luck is gonna take a vacation. But it's okay, of course.

After all, Ms. Crane is technically Oberon. (jk)

Not related to games at all, but please stay safe and take care of yourselves. You all mean a lot to me and I want you to be happy and healthy. Please remember that when you aren't feeling the self-care aspect I type at 1 A.M..

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2023 02:39:36  #8856

Also, just like Wiley would gauge the limit of chicken nuggets humans are legally allowed to eat (by the will of the chicken nugget gods or the universe or whatnot), I have found the limit for Google Doc page length
It's like...350-380 idk it won't load now so I can't really tell lol
Do with that info as you will.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2023 17:56:10  #8857

Lol my school unblocked this site...
(((((((: .

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2023 18:28:44  #8858

I'm just glad you didn't get kidnapped ngl lol

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 13, 2023 23:45:45  #8859

Same, I like kid napping more than its counterpart for sure mhm 100%

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2023 23:46:35  #8860

I like how character notes on moral alignment somehow led to me working on F/GO Rai dialogue again
The dude is cool, I just,,, don't like remembering how much I suck at actually doing things xD

Edit: Trying to think of something more interesting to say and just failing miserably. Maybe I really should stay off more often xD
Edit 2: Oh, I got it.
One of these days I gotta remember to cry into Wiley's shoulder just to see how he'll react (((:

Edit 3: I was grailing Voyager to level 100 and he boosted me from 96 directly to 98
I love him so much fjidfjsoif :D <3
He is now my fourth level 100. I am planning for at least 2 more (Ushi and Kagekiyo) and then after that I grail Mandricardo to 90 (edit: woke up just to fix this typo. Please brain cell I swear to the gods—)
I'm pretty sure these are gonna be all the goals I have for the duration of the game because...xD grails do not come by very easily.
No regret though! I love all of them <3

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 14, 2023 20:37:58  #8861

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Lol my school unblocked this site...
(((((((: .

-Galaxian-

That's wild I imagine that schools wouldn't care for a site so small and vague

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 15, 2023 00:06:47  #8862

Funnily enough my district loved blocking this site while not blocking the NSFW ad sites that'd pop up whenever I tried to read manhua, which was...an interesting choice xD
Kinda reminds me of it blocking news sites and YouTube while not blocking certain sites with games xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 00:12:31  #8863

Yesterday night I was imagining what happened during the Hades Underworld Arc and came up with this (kinda funny) idea

Saori: (*sees a Specter*)
Saori: (*stares at her arms*)
Shaka: Athena, I can fight them. You shouldn't bleed yourself out to make that happen--ATHENA NO

So basically the Underworld combat situation was the Bronze Saints taking out some of them and Kanon soloing half of the Underworld while Shaka and Saori had to avoid the Specters just because she kept on trying to bleed herself out instead of doing literally anything else

As I get older I get slightly more lenient with Seiya (who is still annoying but considering he's a teen and I have some experience with teens by now...yeah.) but I still hate Saori (: "Saori is the better Athena because Sasha doesn't act like Athena from the legends" well canon Athena from the legends still wouldn't be so useless, I acknowledge Sasha (LC) had the advantage of being raised in Sanctuary as a kid but Saori does literally nothing to prepare for the Holy War (: 
I literally gave her Character Development Leverage but nooooo bleed yourself out

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 00:24:10  #8864

Also a good time to slot in my opinion on ND (Next Dimension). 

I don't have high expectations for its art since Kurumada is injured and probably can't progress his art style too much. So I'll mostly focus on the story and characters and such.
The cliches are...kinda unbearable sometimes. What I do like is the premise. I will again reiterate that even though I joke about burning him, I actually don't want Seiya to die. Dude is annoying but doesn't deserve it, especially since he tries so hard and is honestly a pretty good Saint by Saint standards.
And what Saori is doing for him isn't wrong in itself, but what makes me hate her is how characteristic the way she goes about it is. Saving Seiya itself is a good thing to do, ignoring how the reason why he's cursed in the first place was because she kinda just stood there while Hades tried to stab her (implicating also that she did ZERO TRAINING in combat right before the Holy War :D), but I know that she has 0 plans for how she's gonna actually do it. Her getting turned into a lil infant was really funny both on Chronos' part and also as an obstacle it could have been interesting (I guess), but even while she's growing up physically, you can see how she's winging it and I just hate it so much. Coinciding with her destroying the Underworld by causing Hades' death and kinda just leaving it like that, it's perfectly in-character for her to mess up history just to save one Saint and disregard everything else that should have happened/is happening in the past in the process. She is just so dumb and stupid and idiotic and dumb and stupid, and the possibility of her being the villain in ND (at least to many Saints at the time) is honestly really interesting because her idiocy has been glossed over so long.
Except the idea will probably bring about no consequences. To her at least. Seiya will probably live (again something I am not opposed to), but who knows what her actions will cause, and if it's used as a bridge for the next plot (hence Next Dimension, idk), that'd just be summarized by "Saori you stupid lil goddess-human-existence-or-whatever, this could have been prevented by foresight and planning, y'know, the things you're supposed to be familiar with? As the incarnation of the goddess of wisdom and strategy??
There is a lot of potential to be found in worldbuilding for the Saint Seiya world as well as developing the premise of the last Holy Grail War, but outside of that potential, I just get a lot of repetitive content out of ND, which is immensely frustrating.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 00:43:09  #8865

There is something so funny to me when it comes to calling someone a canon character based on a post that sounds like the character would've made
Like "I think we found ___'s account" or "Calm down __" idk xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 00:45:40  #8866

I dunno, but personally I'd be way too amused if I made some post in response to Paymon art or something that sounded a bit over-the-top in terms of adoration and someone just posted "calm down Xenia"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 00:58:42  #8867

I'll keep that in mind for next time I notice she's taking control of your mind to reply to Paymon-related posts

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 15, 2023 01:17:27  #8868

Unlikely since she falls in love with him every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, resulting in some immunity on my part when it comes to being possessed by her, but it'd be funny for sure so thank you anyways

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 17:30:34  #8869

I am trying to split my writing doc into smaller parts and the doc is just refusing lol, I really need to get better at opening new documents

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2023 22:14:53  #8870

Leave it to teenagers to ask me in the creepiest way possible what gender I am and if I'm intersex[????] (keep in mind we did not know each other and this was literally the first thing they asked)
What the actual heck did I just experience (:.
Tbh it feels like the world giving me a reminder to not trust in others around my age, like I'm not cynical enough as is lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 01:37:36  #8871

I don't remember The Little Mermaid being a horror film

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 01:49:41  #8872

I really wanna finish Kimetsu no Yaiba (what's out of it so far) as well as the Rebellion movie and Violet Evergarden and Lord El-Melloi II Case Files (and the rest of the title lol), and I'd like to watch Star Wars: Visions too, but it has literally been like. 3 years. 
Usually when I do watch something it's by impulse. You can see how I have problems.

In other (semi-related) news, while I was inactive I pinned down AgK!'s artist and his Twitter just to look for Run art, and I swear to the gods he has drawn every semi-major AgK! character except Run in his free time (: (including Honest and Syura and that one cute girl who got stabby-stabbed after 3 lines of dialogue)
I'm not even that adamant on Hitan looking different from Run (at this point I have accepted that I suck) physically, though I would say they give off different feelings to me, but please I just want Run sketches :'D

Also if you're curious, my version of Run currently looks like some mix between Rai and Hitan (like if they were biologically related and had an older brother) which is pretty cursed because that doesn't capture Run's character at all
will draw him accurately one day, even if it takes me half of my life or longer I will do it. the official artist won't do it after all, he's forcing my hand. To draw.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 01:56:38  #8873

I find it funny how I can discern the (subjectively) "more accurate" canon art of characters like Run just because I have spent disproportionate amounts of time staring at them and thinking about how their appearance corresponds to my impressions of them
Basically, there are definitely some panels where he looks better than others and so I choose to see those as more canon xD
Though...to this day I still dunno if Mastema was just a cool name or if it has more thematic significance (like I know it's a fallen angel who seems to be on better terms with God than Satan's group but I have no idea what else it really did of note) so...xD?
I found some more panels of him that I missed years back (which was super great) but in that last character collage all I could see out of his smile was "I'm dead now, please just let me leave (:" xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 02:00:45  #8874

Oh yeah also another character I liked blew (how to grammar this word in context??) himself up by a landmine which was great since that was the second favorite character who died that way

I came to realize during that inactive period that every one of my dead favorite characters dies either via suicide or getting killed by a friend which is. Neat. (((:. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 02:04:58  #8875

By the way if you come across this barrage of posts and think "Holy moly they finally lost it" you would be

wrong

since I have lost it long ago

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 02:14:35  #8876

My favorite The Onion episodes live rent-free in my head

Mostly it's just "¡ME GUSTA EL TRABAJO!" "¡ME GUSTA LA EDUCACIÓN!" "¡ME GUSTA  L O S  I M P U E S T O S ! ! ! ! ! ! (*abrupt transition effect*) No. No me gusta los impuestos. (*most cursed parrot giggle in the history of parrot giggles*)" 
But there's also the entirety of "Congress Forgets How to Pass a Law" as well as "CHINA! JAPAN! AND THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES!" and that woman delicately shielding her purse in the "White Girl to Be Tried as Black Man" episode and "My grandchildren don't know that I'm here!!" and (*blurred static noises*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 02:16:19  #8877

By the way might I add that I am not to be held accountable for any Spanish since I no longer take a class
I'm pretty sure the quotes are right though xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2023 18:24:03  #8878

So is Olive Garden named after the plant or the oil
Someone treated my mom and me to Olive Garden (which I have learnt is very unnecessarily expensive,,, btw we told them to get pizza but cultural customs dictate getting more expensive things to express one's sentiments for no reason at all), which I appreciate, but I can feel the hypertension potential rising within me (':

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2023 04:18:00  #8879

(About F/GO's Summer Event)
I love the implication of Yu Mei-ren being distraught so often that she'll sink into depression and everyone, including Mr. Nice Guy (Gao Changgong/Ritsuka Fujimaru depending on your interpretations), just goes about their business as usual
Also caught the cleverness of using "Xia-Xia-Xia" as not only a way for her to express her absolute grief over Xiang Yu not coming but also the prospect that she's just lost her summer vacation with her beloved (Xia in Chinese means summer, also yes this is why I call Xenia Xia lol)

Tbh I don't think anyone in Chinese really calls their significant other "My Beloved" so it makes sense why Yu is always so caught up in it. I do believe it'd translate to calling someone "Qin ai de" which is highly unnatural
Though it does remind me of that cringe song where it goes "My Beloved, fly gently, beware of the roses in front that bear thorns" (cringe translation too I know), and while saying that I just imagine Xiang Yu yeeting Yu while Changgong is totally nonchalant lol 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2023 22:39:13  #8880

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

By the way might I add that I am not to be held accountable for any Spanish since I no longer take a class

I'm going to auto-hire myself as your tutor then

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera