HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2023 01:00:36  #8761

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Sure, I went in blind and used Erice, Voyager, and my Castoria. Otherwise I had another support Castoria and also Mash, and then Taira no Kagekiyo to solo in case I needed to (and I did, though I utterly obliterated the enemy with them/her lol). 
(Spoilers just on fight mechanics)

Erice had a helluva of a time trying to get through the first break bar, but Taira no Kagekiyo has no gender assigned to them (I think), which really helped out near the end. Also I accidentally brought in a Mystic Code with Guts on it (I was tired ig lol), which ended up nearly working out. I was going to stack a second Vengeance Stack on Kagekiyo, but the demonic Orion boar died before he had the chance to trigger it lol.
Story-wise I honestly just am extremely concerned. Somehow normal Orion and lovey-dovey Orion are just as disturbing as each other, which is pretty impressive if you ask me

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 23, 2023 01:03:02  #8762

True to my promise, I ran on 2 hours of sleep (weird insomnia got me again) and somehow got through meetings and all my classes, plus writing essays, making tacky names for characters I shouldn't have prioritized, and did some work. I mean, some counts, right?
Anyways, an interview is tomorrow. Please hope I don't screw up too badly. :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 24, 2023 01:42:20  #8763

Interview went a-okay! I feel like I talked too much but honestly it wasn't too bad. I think.
We also got an update on the HYXHN donghua! Wumu's voice sounds older than I expected, but honestly I dunno his age. Again, I'm very much looking forward to it, whenever it comes out. Best arc in the manhua imo.
And the manhua updated too ofc, it does every week for the most part. I loved the recent chapter, and rereading the work is fun for me. 
Anyways I feel kinda bad talking about good stuff while a good number of you seem to be sick or going through hard stuff. I hope you all get better, and I swear the good stuff here is supposed to be unoffensive. :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 25, 2023 02:44:07  #8764

I finished out all the event points so now I guess I pretend to try to clear the shop :D

A funny thing that I guess maybe I should mention (for some reason my mind wants to be superstitious on this) is that I plan to grail and level Karna (Lancer) to 100 once the college admissions decisions come out and I know where I'm going from here. I am this huge wreck of anxiety when it comes to college and I dunno why. Well, strike that. I do know why for the most part. But really, it's just this self-conflicting feeling of feeling like I shouldn't be worrying and also feeling like I should be. So I dunno, at this point I can't do too much on the admissions portion, so I guess I can just try to round out the year the best I can.
The funny thing is that every adult I've talked to has basically told me that I'm worrying too much and that I'll be fine no matter where I go, including the interview people (who again are very nice). But I dunno. 
Let's just hope I stop getting random bouts of insomnia that might be tied to this topic because they are not very fun (':

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 25, 2023 04:41:15  #8765

Good luck with your college admissions! It's definitely nerve-wracking but I hope you get what you're looking for. I had a lot of people tell me not to worry too, but at the end of the day I think it's healthy and normal to have anxiety tied to it. It's a big step, but I also agree with them saying you'll be fine no matter where you go. You've probably heard everything under the sun about it right now but genuinely, the vast majority of your college experience is how you decide it's going to be. You're extremely capable and anywhere you go is gonna be lucky to have you.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

February 26, 2023 03:36:48  #8766

Thank you, Ishmael. Even if I did hear about it a lot, I always appreciate your kind words, not to mention with you being in college yourself. I agree that the experience will probably be what I make it. I just hope I'll be able to learn more and try my best no matter what direction I head in. A big thanks again. :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 26, 2023 03:53:09  #8767

I forgot the random things I was gonna say otherwise oof.
I guess...AgK! Abridged updated a few days back (or yesterday lol idk)! Again I can't recommend it because of certain jokes, but Run remains child-friendly and I love him. (Spoilers for the recent episode technically, also said "child" is me btw. I'm the child.)

"Jimmy died. Immediately. Immediately." had me up in stitches lol. I dunno why, but the editing was also great there. 
His emphasis does imply he has some morals, which is interesting. I think the best part of his characterization in the series is how he's clearly intelligent but just doesn't care most of the time. Though in this episode, he seemed to care a bit (which kinda surprised me). I liked him coining key phrases (morale) to try to get Esdeath to act, which really felt like something he'd be able to do. Also there's just something about his priorities vs. Bols's that was so funny to me lol.
Another thing was that with Wave mentioning morale, I like to imagine that Run was emphasizing the phrase to his friends in the most deadbeat fashion possible and Wave ended up parroting it. There's just something so funny (and also heartwarming) about Run saying something and then Wave repeating it even in canon, if you get what I mean. 
Thinking about that, I wonder how Run'll act while comforting Wave in this canon. Guess I'll just wait lol.
Overall it's the usual; I love Run and I love comparing characterization. I feel like this episode really made him seem more competent than just being the Jaeger who thought this was the desk job he saw a posting for, since to account for all the other Jaegers we have:
1) Esdeath, who is losing wars just to have the army all search for Tatsumi (and is just. Esdeath)
2) Wave, who's just being Wave and is preoccupied about the emotional health of his comrades (which is sweet but y'know. Lol)
3) Kurome, who's just following Wave around and comforting him but otherwise doesn't care for casualties
4) Bols, who is burning down evil orphanages and otherwise...uh. Moving on
5) Seryu is crying, deafening the poor
6) Dr. Stylish is dead, dead, dead

Like in comparison Run advocating for Esdeath to allocate more than one (1) unit of the army to deal with the Danger Beasts and/or to search for Dr. Stylish (the portion talking about him was also funny) seems really responsible lol. I don't even think that's just my bias for him speaking there.
Though I guess really he was always the only one who wanted to act in bigger ideals. 'Cause listing the Jaegers' motives in-canon again:
1) Esdeath just wants to become stronger and fight more 
2) Kurome pretty much just wants to live on and eventually kill her sister (probably her biggest objective)
3) Stylish is a sadistic scientist who just wants to do unethical science things for individualistic gain
4) Seryu hails justice but doesn't really understand the term; hence she mostly just follows orders and doesn't have a clear objective for her own life
5) Bols also just follows orders and probably just wants to sustain his family
6) Wave does want the best for the citizens but is a bit naive and ultimately ends up fighting and living more for Kurome than anyone else (manga-wise); in the anime he feels kinda disoriented and probably just matches up with his initial impression. He's in the Capital because it sounded really great in his hometown and he wants to support his family and whatnot.

Not saying that some of these objectives aren't justified or fine to have, but really, Run is the most idealistic one, right? He wants to rise up the ranks for a purpose (changing the empire's government from the inside), which relates to his goal for protecting children like his students. I dunno, it's just nice that even in the Abridged series, he acts like he still has those ideologies underneath somewhere.
Not to mention it's just funny that in this episode, the Jaegers technically did more for the citizens of the country than Night Raid did (with its gallows or whatever, I forgot the term), and of what they did Run was really the only one being serious (Seryu was crazy and didn't actually fight in the cameos and Bols was singing a meme song)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2023 03:04:30  #8768

IHOP gave me a pancake commercial. First it was online currency (the term I forgot the term for lol), now this? I will never trust internet safety again. 

In other news, I just remembered how I inspired general outrage in Psych class (it's always Psych) just by saying I've never eaten a Girl Scout cookie before. 
And btw I'm not lying. I haven't.
Rich people food lol

Also pondering if I should make a very cursed essay-paragraph about someone (: (fictional, not real. Just to clarify.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2023 03:13:01  #8769

Another fun thing is that we have a collaborative project due next week and the group is not working very well. I dunno what my teacher was thinking when they assigned this to us :') online students and collaboration definitely do not go hand-in-hand

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 27, 2023 13:21:19  #8770

idk maybe you just got the wrong people

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 1, 2023 02:44:43  #8771

Maybe (I say as I create a theme abhorrent enough to summon my 4th copy of a certain possible Threat to Humanity while still not having a good grasp on said project)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 2, 2023 02:09:10  #8772

HYXHN updated again
One of the last panels pwned me fjsdiofjdos

And it's not really for a serious reason (though I did love the dialogue execution), just "pwetty" xD. Idk I love Longba and Longjiu (9 as a number might be significant too btw, as a note for myself), as I mentioned before, and dang. 
I also feel like the flashback portions of the series are really cool. A lot of people seem to complain about it but I feel like sorting the events isn't that important, and when it does matter, it's rather obvious. Excluding when the author's in a tight spot and stressed out, which is totally understandable.
Anyways, I was really interested in her even back in the Wumu Arc, and at the time I felt like she wasn't drawn as well. Her design being corrected is just really cool. Plus the art style seems to be changing/improving, which is awesome.
As usual, I'm really looking forward to continuing to follow the story!

For some reason I am feeling writing inspiration for the first time in a long time, which is :')
And as an update on the group project, so far I feel like it's just me overcomplicating things, not helped by me having a different mindset than my group members and really only 1 out of the 3 (excluding me) actually communicating and showing up to meetings. However, I should be able to get something together, as long as I actually do work.
Otherwise, just two random roleplaying things
-I cannot draw Raez :') and it is driving me up the wall and into the corner where the wall connects with the ceiling. I feel like it's Hitan all over again lol (and if you were wondering I still can't draw Hitan for the most part, but I can work out a semblance. Sometimes.)
-My mind randomly decided (while re-reading threads) to remind me that Nagesh has one of the nicest accents ever and fjidsofjsifojdfso

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 4, 2023 01:39:58  #8773

My math teacher sent me a congratulations with no context whatsoever xD which is funny and kinda exciting but also I can make it funny by imagining that she's congratulating me for not getting homework done

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 01:59:16  #8774

Infant Gilgamesh: M... mo...
Ninsun (his mother btw): :0 He's about to say his first words!
Infant Gilgamesh: M o n g r e l
Ninsun: :|

Also related to that is: "Do you think that when Gilgamesh sneezes he also says 'zasshu'"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 02:01:10  #8775

I really really really need to rewatch Romance of the Three Kingdoms, fjsdiofjodsf

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 7, 2023 02:56:55  #8776

I am pleased to inform you that I am currently beating up my favorite Servant for the insurance money
F/GO teaches great life lessons. :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 8, 2023 02:30:36  #8777

Today's focus:
If you want hero proofs, just beat up Jekyll! No questions are needed. Just wham-a-bam-bam. Treat him like a dragon. (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 11, 2023 00:30:53  #8778

Remembering that Erice and Tamamo-no-Mae are basically half-sisters is weirdly cursed and I don't know why.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 11, 2023 23:19:51  #8779

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Remembering that Erice and Tamamo-no-Mae are basically half-sisters is weirdly cursed and I don't know why.

-Galaxian-

I read it as Erik and for a moment I was trying to figure out how Opera Phantom and Tamano were half sisters XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 12, 2023 03:32:16  #8780

Obviously if any Eric were to be the half sister of Tamamo, it would be Eric Bloodaxe, the Bloodaxe King (*is hexed by his wife*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2023 03:35:47  #8781

I managed to loop Voyager for 2 turns on a 3-turn node (2 enemies in the first wave and 3 in the third without plugsuit and with some card RNG) and am extremely happy about it for some reason

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 12, 2023 03:40:34  #8782

Also I find it possibly worthy of mention that I am outgrowing everything and constantly hungry (':

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 13, 2023 03:12:25  #8783

Can I just smh at AP exams again for a moment?
Specifically AP English Lit.
40 minutes per essay, including outlining and passage analysis. Like what the actual heck. I'm actually pretty good at analyzing stuff but there is no way I can get together a good introduction and conclusion and make three body paragraphs with 2 pieces of interconnecting evidence each even if I knew the source material and can type at 120 WPM consistently. Not to mention doing that while having to worry about the next 2 or 1 essays within the time limit (:
Like at this point of course I'm going to be spouting some cliche phrase about death and the meaning of life, you didn't give me any time to think about phrasing in the first place lol
You can probably guess which homework assignment I just did lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 13, 2023 03:13:59  #8784

Also as a note I took AP Lang (as an exam and class) last year and I have no idea how I got the score that I got, though I do remember that I definitely did not meet any of the in-class criteria above either lol

I'm just imagining some of you being writing whizzes who also took one or both courses and just thinking that I'm complaining for no reason lol
Which is fair, to be honest. I do complain a lot.
I do think I have some rationale though; if nothing else, then in "Maybe we could write better essays if you gave us more time hmm hmm"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 14, 2023 00:36:19  #8785

For once in my online school career I finished my quarterly homework a few hours before the deadline
So now I'm trying to remember which dads in HYXHN don't scam their sons (and not doing my finals)
I think rn all I can think of is Dongfang Yuechu's dad. Otherwise maybe Luolan's is okay too (though I dunno if Luolan and the prince are half-siblings or not...or really if they're siblings or cousins lol). 

Watch me have missed an assignment or something and get a 0 lol

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2023 00:36:26  #8786

I finished my self-set deadline for finals and am pretty proud of myself :D
Though we're not gonna talk about what my score probably is for AP Stats' FRQs lol
Anyways now that I'm on break I feel nothing (as usual). I still dunno how I should spend most of it but I do have some more official stuff that I have to do,,, probably just sleep lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 17, 2023 01:09:34  #8787

Me: (*writing something I'm okay with for the first time in a very long time*)
This computer: My battery is only at 80%, plug me in now youweretooslowlolgoodbyetoallofyourwork

(:

I can't even blame myself for not saving. I did. It just decided to pretend the document never existed.
((((:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2023 02:15:38  #8788

Spring break is just gonna be emotional turmoil I see

But anyways F/GO gacha updates, I think since I last posted I got Saber Diarmuid and NP 2 Berserker Lancelot. Fate Zero squad? I guess? It's weird, I dunno why Lancelot would be here. There are two (2) Artorias here and they're both not very canon. 
Y'know I feel like it's kinda funny how positive I am about the gacha in general; I can get nothing for the rest of the year but I won't care because I already got everyone I wanted. But I do appreciate continuing to be lucky. I love Diarmuid and it's awesome that he spooked me. (I friendship him with Changgong.)
And Berserker Lancelot is cool too. His NP is so weird (though I love the reference) and he's weirdly wholesome. 

As for the event, I'm not very far into it but I do want to say that its maintenance combined with me having to go out today made me lose my very long login streak, which I am still trying to get over mentally.
It's the perfectionism, I guess. But for now I focus on the joy of being able to use Euryale and Asterios in the same team. It is very fluffy.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2023 02:19:40  #8789

Also I do feel like Saber Diarmuid joining me is part of F/GO's not-very-subtle, very long conspiracy to get me to grail Sabers.
"I have no favorite class" I lie through my teeth (jk I actually don't have a favorite class; I like some more than others but there is technically no favorite. I think.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 21, 2023 02:32:50  #8790

Gods I wish I could actually remember the positive things I want to say. I always forget once I login. Or, more accurately, way before. That's why impulse posting is a thing
But anyways...I've tried to be objective on this but honestly I think Colorado is really getting worse/more dangerous. I go out and there are like 3 random people who legit look like they want to kill me. And that's with half of my very punchable face being covered by a face mask (and no provocation on my end, I'm sure of it)
Believe me when I say I have emotional attachment to this place, but please let me take myself out of here. :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera