GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2022 10:44:52  #8581

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Today's funny thing has been me going into a state where I unplug my computer and put the charger in the most godforsaken places.
For some reason, I decided to take out the pot on top of the refrigerator, specifically the one that's hardest to reach for me, stuff the entire cord in there, and then put the pot back in even further than it was before.
And then I ask "Where's the charger?" 
I legitimately had to retrace my steps to get to it. What in the world.

But on a less weird note, I am growing and am coming for y'all's heights lol, be afraid

-Galaxian-

*screams in 5'2 3/4"*

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

November 20, 2022 14:27:48  #8582

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

But on a less weird note, I am growing and am coming for y'all's heights lol, be afraid
-Galaxian-

What's your height rn?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 20, 2022 14:36:46  #8583

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Oh yeah, since I'm here, I might as well post this screenshot.

I like how I can be fully aware of this and still feel called out. 
The above is part of an article about MBTI types' fatal flaws in relationships, by the way. :')

I used to be an INFJ. I think I still enjoy the feeling of privacy and secrecy that the article you are talking about touches on.

Though looking at the article I feel that it's fatal flaw for my current personality type, explanation doesn't really fully fit me. Sure some parts, but not all the way. Maybe it's because I'm applying the solution.

Is it me or is it kind of weird on talking about personality types as if they're tokens or smth?

Time

November 21, 2022 18:53:18  #8584

@Echo - Maybe you can try in the future, then!
@Eliza - (((((((:
@Time - (p.1) I think it's more intimidating if I don't tell you guys. Am I 5' 1''? 5' 2''? 7 feet tall? I leave it to your imaginations. (Mostly kidding here. I actually don't have a way to measure and am going off object references IRL. Plus shoe size. :') )
(p.2) I honestly dunno what a conversation about tokens would look like, so I don't find it weird personally. Imo it's fun to talk about personality types, even if we don't know that much about them/their validity per se, since it fits with my idea of human traits mostly being shared. 
I've brought this up elsewhere too, but some types are much more mistyped than others, and it doesn't help that being one type doesn't mean you can't have the flaws of another type. I personally find that what type I'm classified as depends on my current amount of optimism/pessimism and perspective towards humanity, so that's there for me. For example, when I'm shutting off my emotions, I tend to get the Thinking component rather than the Feeling component, even if I think that I'm pretty solidly a Feeling person by default. I do think those test results depend on someone's current approach, whereas the type itself is more directed towards how someone is deep inside. For example, maybe you are actually an INTJ but the difference is that you're assertive rather than turbulent, or something like that. 
By the way, if it's weird in a bad way, always feel free to not respond or something like that. I think I can understand where you're coming from, but for me, it's fun, kinda like the zodiac but more oriented towards actual traits rather than just birthday/birth year (in the case of the Chinese zodiac). It might be true, or might not be, but it's interesting to me and gives me a "head start" on how someone might act (if they're a stranger to me but let me know what type they were classified as). So yeah, fun xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 21, 2022 19:00:07  #8585

Playing the SA game is first remembering all the good moments, like playing multiplayer mode with Fallon or that one time you got hard carried by that level 114 player who you got along well with, and then remembering the pain of being mauled across the face by a lynx or being roasted alive by one of those fire bosses and also how that level 114 player never logged in ever again after that one session

Also, the more I play and remember, the more I become concerned that little me was really dumb when it came to strategizing. Did I even know strategies in multiplayer mode or did I just go with whatever I thought was good? I do remember being helpful (e.g. I ran around getting hordes of animals to chase after me rather than players with lower levels and was pretty good about using skills, and I was good at using the healing bell) but tactically speaking, was I actually being smart about components, like teambuilding and roles? This is concerning.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 21, 2022 19:06:39  #8586

Drastic subject change, but I did want to mention the mass shooting that happened here in Colorado Springs Saturday. It'd feel wrong to me if I didn't.
At this point, I think you guys know I feel about this sort of thing, so I don't need to talk extensively about it, but in all honesty, it's not like it happening closer to me changes anything about how I feel and think about it. 
I hope the people wounded recover quickly and that the perpetuator is brought to justice, as always, but for some reason it's harder for me to say more about it. Even though this sort of silence is like I've internally normalized this sort of thing, I don't think that's the case.
I guess this is just how I'm going to end the post. There's not really a conclusion to it. Just a combination of feeling that another event like this is inevitable but, at the same time, hope that somehow people in this country and across the world can all become kinder to each other.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 23, 2022 17:19:51  #8587

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

@Time - (p.1) I think it's more intimidating if I don't tell you guys. Am I 5' 1''? 5' 2''? 7 feet tall? I leave it to your imaginations. (Mostly kidding here. I actually don't have a way to measure and am going off object references IRL. Plus shoe size. :') )

Awh whatever I no longer care about my height my younger sibling is taller than me how worse can it get

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

(p.2) I honestly dunno what a conversation about tokens would look like, so I don't find it weird personally. Imo it's fun to talk about personality types, even if we don't know that much about them/their validity per se, since it fits with my idea of human traits mostly being shared. 
I've brought this up elsewhere too, but some types are much more mistyped than others, and it doesn't help that being one type doesn't mean you can't have the flaws of another type. I personally find that what type I'm classified as depends on my current amount of optimism/pessimism and perspective towards humanity, so that's there for me. For example, when I'm shutting off my emotions, I tend to get the Thinking component rather than the Feeling component, even if I think that I'm pretty solidly a Feeling person by default. I do think those test results depend on someone's current approach, whereas the type itself is more directed towards how someone is deep inside. For example, maybe you are actually an INTJ but the difference is that you're assertive rather than turbulent, or something like that. 
By the way, if it's weird in a bad way, always feel free to not respond or something like that. I think I can understand where you're coming from, but for me, it's fun, kinda like the zodiac but more oriented towards actual traits rather than just birthday/birth year (in the case of the Chinese zodiac). It might be true, or might not be, but it's interesting to me and gives me a "head start" on how someone might act (if they're a stranger to me but let me know what type they were classified as). So yeah, fun xD.

I suppose that is true. That how you are as a person would largely depend on how you are feeling at the moment, but I feel like what you also said, you wouldn't normally really fall out of that range of type. Though I do wonder how hidden personal bias and that the test is self proctored changes things.

I am an INTJ-A so I guess you did get that example right lol.

Time

November 24, 2022 00:29:17  #8588

You sound so resigned to that fact xD

----

I thought that with how we've been bringing up personality types on our homethreads (and correspondingly, cognitive functions), it'd be fun to list the function stacks for some types. Maybe unnecessary, but when do I do necessary stuff lol
Order has the four primary functions listed from primary to inferior. "I" represents the function as being introverted, and N/F/S/P represent Intuition, Feeling, Sensing, and Perception. So, "Ni" is "Introverted Intuition," for example. 

INTJ--
Ni, Te, Fi, Se

ISFP--
Fi, Se, Ni, Te

INFP--
Fi, Ne, Si, Te

Obviously you all could just search this up yourself, so why am I putting this here? Probably so I can look at the letter combinations and think "Hey that's cool" for no particular reason.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 24, 2022 00:46:44  #8589

Oh yeah, Happy Turkey Day! I feel like I'll forget this tomorrow so yeah lol
Eat lots and live well :D as you always should me ruining my own sentences by adding stuff lol, just like cooking

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 24, 2022 05:23:43  #8590

Here only because my mind remembered a typo and woke me up for it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 24, 2022 11:17:25  #8591

mood

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

November 24, 2022 19:26:38  #8592

These days I could 100% choose to sleep for 24 hours if I felt like it, just haven't been doing that 'cause I do have stuff to do that I'm not really doing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 24, 2022 22:29:26  #8593

The chapter's title is: "The End with Her" (more accurately it would be "The End That Has Her" but that's more context-based), and in this screenshot, Susu is saying, "I'm waiting for someone." So, putting the two sides together, Bai Yuechu is seeking the path that has her at the end, while she's at the end waiting for him. 
I just jfoksdijfkkdsjfosd.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 22:02:08  #8594

Somehow seeing middle school classmates post work that has the exact same quality as it did back then is wholesome rather than concerning
Though I probably wouldn't say this as a teacher.
I think this is maybe illustrative of the bad part of nostalgia

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 22:15:30  #8595

Last night's dream was meeting a character that I haven't really designed and asking him, "Why are you sad? Why are you sad?"
Waking up was wondering how stupid that question was because it is pretty clear to me why he is sad, and of course it is because of me.

Back on the cycle of being able to remember dreams/having a lot of them every night btw,,, I feel like maybe I should be keeping a log just to prove that the cycle exists (to myself, not to y'all lol), but also I'm lazy so...no.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 22:55:40  #8596

Continuing the Galaxian Watches Gross Stuff as They Eat Challenge Because They Are Too Much of a Glutton to Care
-Searched up festering wounds and stuff for a personal project
-Also watched ants tear apart a slime

Tbh I think I probably maxed out at the lady-slurps-a-toilet-made-slushie-in-said-toilet part, since I could actually see a person doing that for internet fame. Meanwhile, the slime video, for instance, is honestly more sad than gross.
Things not to take for granted:
-Ants not being human size
-Technically not being something ant-eatable in this life (if reincarnation is a thing)

Lol late Thanksgiving realizations

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 23:00:43  #8597

I honestly forgot about Guiyi Fengjiu for a bit and had to reread the whole thing 'cause I forgot which chapter I'd left off on
I hate the male protagonist with a fervor. He is honestly so creepy, not to mention bland. 
How can you manage to exist solely for the sake of being the love interest of the female protagonist yet still be such a bad romantic interest (outside of kinda being cool in terms of design, I guess)? Yikes.

Anyways I'm here for the family wholesomeness and guy disguises that the (female) protagonist pulls off. And by "family" I do not include the male protagonist. Yikes x2

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 23:14:35  #8598

Haven't done a manhua/manhwa/manga update in a while (probably for good reason), so the general gist (outside of Guiyi Fengjiu) is this
-Mohuang Da Guanjia: On its road to 1500 chapters as usual. Art style is still the collapsed variation, though I'm guessing it's probably the upload frequency that's getting to that, at least for a big part. Zhuo Fan is about to get angsted really badly lol rip
-> Spoilers territory but his hair does go white because of what's about to happen, and I can't see that working well with his manhua design, so...I'm kinda looking forward to that.
-> Come to think of it I never did finish the novel lol (1000+ chapters,,, even for skimming it's hard for me due to not remembering names well)
-Beginning After the End (I don't think I've named this before?)--not keeping up well with this one but I know the direction it's generally headed in. Power boosting for the MC, war...yadda yadda. The art is nice, but the plot isn't too exciting I think. Not that I'm saying I don't appreciate it; it's just not the most interesting for me, so I check on it every once in a while instead of all the time, and I rarely talk about its developments too. 
-The Villainess Turns the Hourglass--chapter 98 was really good imo and I can't say exactly why. The conclusion warping into the side story was kinda unexpected, but I mean, it's probably a better format than CYXY3000H. MCs' kids are cute and remind me of Sunny/Sollux, except if Sollux had whatever existential consideration that Bliss has. Try not to think about the metaphor too much. 100% there for the outfits lol.
-> Btw, the male protagonist here was who I was thinking about when I was insulting Guiyi Fengjiu's male protag. Doesn't have too much of a personality either, but he's genuinely supportive and helpful rather than being creepy. And the age differences are less iffy too. 
-A short manga that's getting an anime adaptation--legit forgot the name. It was nice. Pretty wholesome. But not too much plot-related stuff. I think I'll search up the anime when it comes out, but I'm not dying to see it or anything. I hope it conveys the wholesomeness well.
-Cangbai Wangzuo--To be perfectly honest, I'm not too sure what's going on, but I think it's at the climax? No idea how characters fit into it, but...y'know, lol. I'll follow along and see if a re-read is necessary at one point.
-Huyao Xiao Hongniang--I'm here for the ride. You can probably tell it's my favorite out of the bunch. I have trust in the author taking his readers to a meaningful place, unlike all the ungrateful comments asking for an update every week. Honestly, manhua readers who clamor for weekly updates make me lose faith in humanity. That aside, the next season of the donghua will be coming out at some point, and I'm keeping an eye on that. 

I don't really read many manhua nowadays, but tbh I think it's because I like focusing on a few things, and I don't really like watching stuff that I'll regret later. For example, I used to try to branch out when I was younger, like I tried Mirai Nikki, but I just didn't like it. So nowadays I do a bunch of research before I go into stuff.
On a related note, I guess I'm gonna finish a series before I do anything on it. It wouldn't feel right otherwise. It's not so much mysterious as "I don't feel like talking about it yet." Maybe if I were "live reacting" like I did in the past, but I didn't this time around, obviously.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 23:23:01  #8599

I've forever been trying to figure out if recommending Romance of the Three Kingdoms (TV series, original version) and Hongmao Lantu Qixia Zhuan would be appropriate
For the prior, it's the cultural context + violence (I can't remember if a guy is legit sliced in half on-camera or not 'cause my mom blocked me from seeing it), and for the second it's the fact it looks like a kids' show plus the technically extensive violence
Idk if the latter has English subs too lol that's also an issue (though ig I could recommend it to y'all and proceed to explain nothing about the lack of subs lol that'd fit with my characterization for sure) 
[I also need to find a way to abbreviate HMLTQXZ LOL. Legends of the Seven Heroes? LSH? Lol?]

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 25, 2022 23:26:57  #8600

Speaking of extensive violence, I just realized that Hei Xiaohu's character is intentionally made so that he regresses as a character as he becomes an actual villain. His debut has him killing a follower basically because of a tantrum, an action that fits the mold of an actual villain but mostly just showcases his immaturity (and immorality, though again it's more connected to his "innocence" due to him having his father as his role model). And by the end of the series, he once again kills a follower, but this time it's because he's actually morphed into the kind of person he didn't want to be. In between those two points, he's trying to become more righteous like his mother wanted (and in a way, technically doing it for Lantu's sake as well, trying to leave a good impression on her), but his goals from the start wind up getting to him at the end, and he regresses all of his actions in between the two points to become the person he didn't want to be. Only for the sake of his goal.
Yikies, huh. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:02:51  #8601

Post a bunch of QXZ (Qixia Zhuan,,, decided abbreviating the original Chinese would be better) fanart [humanized or whatever]. Leave

You watch QXZ, you ship Lantu and Hongmao. You can maybe ship Hei Xiaohu and Lantu as a side ship (though I would not concur), but you ship these two. No exceptions.

Hongmao appreciation! He is pure boi (as some would say), <3

See? Even their friends ship them.
I think QXZ really makes a good example of how you can do romance without romance. We don't see Lantu and Hongmao canonically kiss or whatever, but you're just led to shipping them because you see how much they care for each other and what they do because they care for each other.

Shali appreciation!

The scene itself is actually kinda angsty but hey. 
Lol this is QXZ's variation of fanservice lmiao

Continued Shali appreciation lol.

Hei Xiaohu fanart!
Idk if it's actually a Chinese trend but generally speaking, a Chinese character standing on the edge of a cliff with a huge moon in the background cannot go wrong (unless you go wrong with the perspective lol)

I'm pretty sure this is Daben fanart. He's raising a toast to the moon
He's not one of my favorites but he's nice, so Daben appreciation xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:09:16  #8602

I like this interpretation of Hei Xiaohu. He looks childish and is cute. Though I wonder how the artist would draw his later scenes. :] (jk btw I'm pretty sure this is intended to be more fluffy. The real him is so freaking dramatic lol)

I don't ship the two of them, but I can see why people would. Hei Xiaohu isn't as selfless as Hongmao, but he did do a lot for her sake (while simultaneously being a threatening villain). So I think this work is nice. It would probably be something Hei Xiaohu would imagine, and I think it shows off his more innocent side well, seeing as how lovestruck he's reacting. In terms of love, he's rather pure; it's just that his intentions and actions all meld together to form his motivations, not just his feelings. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:29:44  #8603

Onto more plotty art! 

Probably the most iconic pair of enemies in the series, especially since Hei Xiaohu is Hongmao's antithesis in some ways.

This image is also interesting. I think they never really fought all-out like that in the series, so this is almost startling to see. 
Though after I saw this image I saw some pretty cursed art. Like man, I don't mind LGBT+ ships, but in this case it blatantly goes against the point. Censorship aside, QXZ is very...straightforward in the relationship circles. So. Lol
Also I just realized, where is Tiaotiao appreciation. I've only seen one art piece with him in it and his face was shrouded lol

Now for a series of spoilers/key moments in the series

Starting off on a lighter note. This is Lantu's first encounter with Dada (lol I know the names are weird but this was a kids' show)
I really like the mysteriousness around Dada (referencing the role he occupies) and the general scenery. It encapsulates the original moment very well.

Now we go darker.
This is the only fanart I've seen of Ma Sanniang, and I really do hope that means everyone hates her guts
This is the scene after the waterfall trial where she finally gets the real Ziyun sword. Shali is temporarily brought out of her brainwashed state, so you can see her reacting to this entire ordeal. Honestly this makes me so freaking angry, I hate this bastard.

Shali being comforted by Lantu after they attempt to unite the three swords and fail because Shali's arm has been disabled thanks to a certain bastard. This is one of the defining moments of Shali because it really represents her at her lowest. Her destiny and entire cause of living has been wrenched away from her by a snake, and beyond that, she doesn't see a future for herself because she can't wield her sword anymore. It's only later through more development that she regains hope and ultimately makes a comeback at the end of the series.

I'm actually not 100% sure if this is the right series fanart, but I think this might be Daben and Liu Xuanfeng. This is the scene where Liu Xuanfeng sacrifices himself trying to save Shali and dies in Daben's arms (they're sworn brothers, by the way, even though they're on different sides).
I really wish we could've seen more on Liu Xuanfeng's backstory, like why he continued staying with Hei Xinghu, but I guess that wasn't too important.
This also represents one of Daben's worst moments. His sworn brother dies to save him, and Shali (the woman he swore to protect) also seemingly dies.  He enters a depressive/vengeful state because of this, and honestly it might have been this happening that makes him stronger and able to react when his foster mother dies for his sake as well later on.

This scene is pretty darn clear if you watch the series. And it's the one where Lantu lets out her blood for the sake of a flower blooming. Also pretty sure this is where Hei Xiaohu falls in love with her.
Notably, this scene showcases her willingness to do anything for her comrades, not just Hongmao, so that's nice. (She's doing it for Shali, in hopes of the other being able to be treated by Doudou.) 
I think this scene was probably what made me see her as truly being pure. A lot of other series have their female protagonists as being "pure," but they seem to prioritize the male protagonist. For Lantu, she cares for Hongmao, but she also cares for her friends. And that's why she has a pure heart.

Two interpretations of the same scene. Nice.
It leads up to the next moment.

One, I do want to make clear that I admire how straightforward Lantu is. She doesn't swerve around the topic; she knows that Hei Xiaohu likes her, but she also doesn't reciprocate the feelings, so she makes it clear. They're enemies, they walk separate paths, and him being ambiguous about his intentions helps neither of them.
Unfortunately, this dialogue was also what sparked the final arc of suffering for the Qijian. So yikes. Not to mention, despite her demarcating the boundaries so clearly, she didn't seem to expect him to actually take them to heart. So. Oof.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:33:53  #8604

Final round 'cause :')

Dada appreciation! It's funny to me that his name is Dada and he does become a dad by the end of the series (very nice)
He's the oldest of the Qijian (I think), so I think he probably does look like a xianxia man. But it also goes with his emotional nature. He prioritizes his family (his wife at first, the love of his life) over his destiny, in contrast to the younger Qijian (or at least some of them, like Shali), so really he's quite far away from a cultivator. Cultivators have their emotions more in check, while he's a feelings guy. I like the irony, if you can't tell.

What explanation is needed.

And unofficially rounding off with two wholesome fanworks!

The marriage ceremony we want, but don't deserve. lol

Now I officially round off with:

idk lol funny. It was in the middle of all the other ones xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:34:41  #8605

I also just realized that the guy Zenitsu reminded me of was Doudou lol. How quaint. 
That really wasn't a very deep connection lol. Just two guys who both have to work to get ahead of their fears. But that's super generally speaking.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:36:22  #8606

"I am about to acquaint your facial features with a fundamental item commonly used in walls. Repeatedly."
She's super nice too so if you get her to this point you...have gone very wrong in your life.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:38:58  #8607

Seems like the perfect opportunity to mention that my recurring thought for the past few days has been that the Alternate are good (likely Lawful Good for the majority), but if Nagesh in that one dream had straight out killed Zouken (and yes Shu-san can also do that) and stuffed his body in a bag, the other Alternate would just help, and that just kills me for some reason
Like no one talks throughout the entire process from the beginning of the beat-up to the evidence incineration and for some reason that heals my soul

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 19:44:30  #8608

For some reason I really sucked at Nitrotype today, which is so funny lol
It feels like my brain went on hibernation after a week of productivity (: all I wanna do is rewatch stuff but I shouldn't so instead I look up fanart LOL

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 27, 2022 22:44:20  #8609

Some corrections

One, technically not my mistake, but Ma Sanniang is 31 lmiao does she look 31 in that fanart? Maybe late 20s but that,,,
there's also the entire canonical thing of her being older than the Qijian lol. Even Dada is probably like mid-twenties at most
Also, Doudou is an Aquarius (: I forgot how young he was though lol. He's like a teenage prodigy.

Second actual correction: I just remembered Liu Xuanfeng was impaled by multiple arrows while protecting Dabeng, so the wounds on that fanart don't match up. Therefore: Probably not the right series.
But lemme have my fun, I guess, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 30, 2022 02:54:35  #8610

I finished the SA game lol.
40 levels, 9 days. Which goes to show how little commitment the game really needs as long as you understand how to get through it. I only played a little every night, sporadically too. 
The boss fights were nowhere as hard as I remembered (if they were even hard at all), so maybe I got better at gameplay? In any case, I can't level up any more without logging in (and can't login because the login system no longer exists), so it's just gonna be a permanent level 40 from now on.
Nostalgia really does make me do stuff lol. Plus procrastination manipulation.

Anyways, this is a reminder for me to take screenshots and notes before I forget to login for too long and everything resets again. I technically used a character and it was so fun. Idk, characters are always more fun to imagine than self-inserts when it comes to games lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera