HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 2, 2022 20:46:11  #8491

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Yesono is in the U.S. now guys, we need to run

Me: (*tries to draw a certain AU's Archer*)
Me: (*fails*)
Me: (*casually draws that AU's Berserker*)
Me: (*succeeds*)

What the heck is this
does it demonstrate emotional turbulence

Also I didn't draw for so long that today when I picked up my pencil I nearly forgot how to outline the basic proportions and stuff lmiao
I drew like 2015 level stuff before remembering, but not before wasting an entire piece of paper :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 5, 2022 16:01:56  #8492

Evidence to use against Nursery Rhyme in the court of law:
-Alignment: Changes per Master
-"The curtain of night falls, and your head will fall off too!"
-"I'm gonna transform! Yup, I've transformed! And now I'm you, and you're me." 
-"The story lasts forever...as long as the sad reader refuses to accept reality."
-"The hero of children"
-Literally all her in-battle lines
-"Oh my! Is that Hans Christian Andersen? I've got a few complaints for him about The Little Mermaid! How could he have ended it like that? Give me a hand, Master!"
-"I've had enough of bad endings. I've seen my fair share of them."

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 5, 2022 16:07:34  #8493

Headcanon that whenever I'm thinking about something to angst my child characters with, Nursery Rhyme turns into their visage (or a very similar one, such as the case for Galaxian) and just follows me around with a smile on her face and the NP5 label above her head
You can't argue against it.
-She hates bad endings
-She's a protector of children
-Is implied to be on her way to either intimidate or beat up Hans for a bad ending
-Can change into different people
-HER ALIGNMENT CHANGES PER MASTER

My Nursery Rhyme is definitely some kind of Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil.

Well, I'm glad that at least GGaD!Galaxian could get along with her. even though it's not even me angsting him in most cases, it's him doing stupid stuff that I can't stop

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 7, 2022 00:16:46  #8494

Another vague indefinite inactivity notice thing until I decide I no longer go by what I say (as usual)
Don't worry, it's not really because of anything important. Just a bunch of real-life stuff I gotta prioritize. I'm not sure when I'll be "back," but email/PM/DM me if you need anything, and I'll respond when I see it and can respond.
I'll see you guys around sometimes lol! Good luck in what you're doing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 7, 2022 16:52:09  #8495

Life really is having you get used to a certain platform for art and then pwning you with a space limit so you now have to relearn a new platform lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 8, 2022 01:50:38  #8496

Vague indefinite inactivity notice? Gotcha. I totally get you tho. Real life is a big priority.

Art? Space limit? Do describe more in detail if you wish.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 9, 2022 13:25:51  #8497

Thanks, Time! I hope you're doing well in real life too!
Shooting a quick response here 'cause I really gotta go and do other stuff--I can elaborate! I was using Medibang for digital art, but it has a space limit before you have to subscribe, which costs money. I technically know a way around it, but that's when you haven't hit the space limit. If, say, you're working on a huge project and hit the space limit before you've finished, then the system screws you up by refusing to let you save or move anything around (the latter of which is a part of "the way around it"). So I'm pretending I don't know a way around it to learn new software xD. It's the safer option in a way, and also it makes me go out of my comfort zone.
Honestly, there might be a more efficient solution than what I know, but again, I'm kinda just forcing myself to learn something new by pretending I have to. I hope it isn't too abnormal of a way to go about it :-P 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 00:28:49  #8498

Somehow I can feel like I'm missing out on something no matter whether someone makes a Hamilton reference or if I'm watching it myself
Yes, I can analyze it objectively, but can I really appreciate it to the extent that I probably should? Lol. (No.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 00:30:34  #8499

We're watching Hamilton in AP Lit, but honestly I'd rather read books 'cause I feel like just me watching it is a disservice to the musical xD

There's also the issue of me not being able to remember who is whom on any medium. Just today I had to watch a Spanish video like 5 times to remember which characters were which. I definitely have some facial recognition problems when it comes to strangers (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 10, 2022 00:38:44  #8500

Also another thing, Huyao Xiao Hongniang's real person edition (they changed the name to Huyao Xiao Hongniang instead of Tushan Xiao Hongniang so now I have to specify like that) is apparently done with one of their seasons???? (One out of three.) They released a trailer and stuff. 
I just...I feel so bad for the artists lol. 
Or maybe Chinese people are just super productive. :')

Thoughts on the trailer!
I still have the most hope for Yaya's and "Shiji's" characters because they have more of that atmosphere to them than anyone else. Otherwise, I think you can tell I've mostly given up on the actors lol. Rongrong, who is a very guarded and mysterious person, honestly looks like she never experienced that one event with her sister. And the two main actors for Dongfang Yuechu and Honghong...yikes, it's just another guzhuang romance lol. 
Some of the scenes and people don't even make sense. So that's also there.
Oh also, it doesn't help that even in the trailer, it looks like some of the actors are actively trying to leave. 
Plus, Honghong calls Dongfang Yuechu "Yuechu," and it's an unspoken rule that their "love language" or whatever is Honghong calling him "Idiot Daoist." So that's one huge rule broken. (In case you're wondering, it's so important just to establish parallelism between them and Bai Yuechu/Susu, as Bai Yuechu calls Susu "Little Idiot." Though they could rationalize it with "Well Bai Yuechu calls Susu by her name when he's being more sincere about his feelings," Honghong calls him Idiot Daoist regardless of whether or not she's being truthful to her true self. So.)

But! Speaking of the positives!
The scenery, props, and music are just...I cannot describe how beautiful they are. The music is almost exotic feeling, really lending to the fantasy world vibe (where humans and yaoguai coexist and see each other as enemies), and it sounds so epic and tragic at the same time. It literally hard carried the trailer, since the actors couldn't convey the emotions they were supposed to convey. So yeah, I will probably watch (if I can) just for the music alone, as long as that quality is maintained. As for the props and scenery, they're so intricate and detailed, and I can tell how much heart the people behind them tried to put in in order to make them look the most beautiful and fascinating. So, even though they're kinda flashy, I can't criticize (especially within such a rushed time frame for them to work in :')). 
In conclusion: Art Appreciation/10. If I really need to I can close my eyes and not look at the people just to prioritize the music (jk probably wouldn't be able to do that)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 16:32:05  #8501

Just coming in to say that the other day I dreamt about Karna actively trying to run me over with a golf cart
(He's awesome lol)
And yesterday I dreamt about Rai. The dude wouldn't let me see his face but I just kept seeing him smirk like ;] and I was like "ofc" since that's how he is

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 17:51:13  #8502

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

We're watching Hamilton in AP Lit, but honestly I'd rather read books 'cause I feel like just me watching it is a disservice to the musical xD

There's also the issue of me not being able to remember who is whom on any medium. Just today I had to watch a Spanish video like 5 times to remember which characters were which. I definitely have some facial recognition problems when it comes to strangers (:

-Galaxian-

Man I wish we did that in AP Lit XD all we watched was The Crucible and The Great Gatsby movies TwT

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 12, 2022 19:19:37  #8503

I'd say "Then let's switch schools" but there's no way I'm ever going to Tennessee

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 21:41:07  #8504

Experimenting what things I can watch while snarfing down my food, and so far we have people drinking a milkshake made from a toilet (still in said toilet), a parasite being pulled out of a murder hornet's abdomen, horror game gameplay (body horror included), and...suggestions are welcome, this is a completely chance-based thing

Mostly typing this because future me is going to see this and react in some way. I look forward to its documentation

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 21:48:14  #8505

I'm caught in that place where I simultaneously want to be more creative but also not. Again. 
So much for thinking I've gone through some character dev. It really is character cycles for me.

Also, I think I had a thought about rationality and emotionality as supported by psychology and neurology (if those are the right terms for studies), but somehow I've managed to lose my point even though I know what I was going to say.
Now that I think about it, how I remember dreams is also similar to this. Sometimes I remember all the plot points (if you can call them that), sometimes I remember random details, sometimes it all escapes me. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 21:52:19  #8506

Oh yeah, me forgetting to write down my rationalization.
The thought behind "thinking I've gone through some character dev" was that as of late, some of my preferences have noticeably been changing. Most predominantly, I've liked Times New Roman/Book Antiqua all my life up until now, and I've proven it through setting it as my font for both the original forums and my schoolwork.
But I think a month or so ago, I set Times New Roman as my font for an assignment, and suddenly it just...wasn't appealing to me anymore. I won't say that I suddenly hated it or anything, 'cause I didn't, but it suddenly just didn't feel right. 
So for the past month, I've been experimenting with other fonts when it comes to what I write, whether for my personal stuff or for schoolwork. I dunno, this was so out of the blue that I'm not sure if there's a reason behind it or if it represents anything. 'Cause I still like the same food, and what I do is still just what I do. It's just that one aspect that changed all of a sudden along with some other aspects that I forgot to note down. Super weird.
The font still looks good to me when it comes to this forum, don't get me wrong. So I don't think it has some cringe symbolism like "I'm leaving the forums part of my life behind." But for anything that isn't forums-related...idk. Weird, like I said.
And documenting this here means I might be able to know what this is all about in the future, so here it is! Yep.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 22:00:50  #8507

This portion of time has been weird when it comes to nostalgia and all that. Normally it goes in cycles too, but as of late I've obviously been impacted just trying to get in the application mindset (i.e. looking towards the future). 
I can't stop myself from looking at the past, so instead my mindset has just been threading the future with the past while trying to separate the two at the same time. Something like that.
I think I've mentioned in the past that for me, I can't truly separate the past, present, and future, and it's more of me being pushed forward with time while continuously straining to look back. But as of the moment, it feels like it's different than that, and I don't necessarily know how to feel about it. And I suppose it's important enough for me to feel like I should type it here, even though it might turn out to be another pattern that I'm failing to recognize.
Maybe at the end, it's literally just the same thing? I sincerely don't think it's something I've seen applied to others, but who knows.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 22:04:16  #8508

It probably feels out of the blue, but sometimes I feel a really strong urge to write poems, but I never act on it (or almost never,,, I've written one out of that impulse)
Me being both Chinese and American is weird when it comes to poems, since the two cultures define them so differently. I can't do poems one way without immediately thinking I'm wrong because of the other culture's definition. But at the same time, I can appreciate both. It's so weird. I can appreciate others' poems in both cultures' contexts but can't do the same when I try.
Maybe I'm just bad enough that I don't fit the criteria on either end, lol. Even despite growth mindset and all that.
It generally just feels like...I guess, I'm not someone who doesn't think enough, but when it comes to valuing those thoughts, I feel like they don't have much value? I understand that originality isn't really a thing by now, but there's that balance between lack of originality and still retaining value that I think I either don't understand or don't recognize. Maybe both.
I probably make no sense lol but I'm avoiding making summaries for Psychology so win-win lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 22:05:18  #8509

And there goes the "You writing all that was wrong, time to archive and delete all of it" mindset.
Oh well. I don't think I will. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 22:09:02  #8510

Oh yeah. I did mention poems because it reminded me of another related impulse. 
Sometimes I feel the want to write...uh, letters, I guess, to some people. And it's really just a letter that will never be sent. The point of them would be honesty, I suppose, when it comes to my view of our relationship at the moment, so that I can read them later and reflect upon it.
But I dunno. I've never done it out of impulse. Always out of necessity. And I think that this is because I'm afraid that if I did something like that, I'd see something I wouldn't want to see, or something like that. When it comes to this, I feel like I have a lot of fears that influence me but that I can't necessarily voice.
It's kind of fitting. I always do things when it's too late. But that's unintentional. 
And it fits with my thought that it'd be nice if some things were simpler than they actually are, but they aren't, and probably never will be.

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 22:12:43  #8511

Honestly "Be careful of getting overly complex and wordy at times" (my English teacher's feedback for my writing 2 years ago) summarizes my existence at this point
"Don't overthink it, Galaxian!" But I can't. Sometimes rationally so. Sometimes it's because I didn't think enough on something that something goes wrong. But at the same time, thinking too much causes anxiety and stress, and not the healthy types. So what am I to do? Get better at learning what to think more about and what to not to overthink on? Pfft.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 22:16:26  #8512

"So anyways, songs nice" is also a component of me
Yes I'm prone to overcomplicating things and probably fracturing parts of my world that I wouldn't have fractured otherwise if I made better choices, but music is great, no matter how simple/uncultured my taste in it may be. 
Which is actually ironic, seeing as those two illustrate two opposing components of my personality. One part is worse because it showcases a tendency to overcomplicate in pursuit of finding an ideal understanding of others and the world I inhabit, while the other illustrates an ability to appreciate simplicity without worrying about others' standards held to my own.
And of course this analysis also overcomplicates it while still being a good thing (because I like thinking about things this way)
Irony is always good. Except in real life.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 12, 2022 23:45:34  #8513

If I'm filled with rage while just naming someone, how will I possibly make it through designing them without spontaneously combusting
Easy solution: Don't design them.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 00:00:16  #8514

Why not move to Tennessee? *Eyebrow raise* we got cows and fields :3

Also wbfbnqmckad the wanting to write poems and such is a Big Mood XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 13, 2022 00:07:23  #8515

Well, I like horses better and we have those here, and I also enjoy fields without the Tennessee trademark murder plants or whatever is actively going on there right now

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 00:50:48  #8516

But the murder plants are the best part D':

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 13, 2022 00:53:14  #8517

]: But I don't like when others do the same thing as me :'(
I don't usually like to use tags/tonal indicators but /j lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 01:12:43  #8518

Return of the Blaring of Loud Music Through the Walls At What Would Be Midnight If Congress Passes the Time Change Law.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 01:48:42  #8519

Grabbed a fruit fly and my first instinct was to start bringing the hand with the fly in it towards my mouth.
I think I might have found the reason why I don't get disgusted by iffy videos.
Ribbit lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 02:07:45  #8520

I stopped reading at "Grabbed a fruit fly and my first instinct" and my immediate thought was that you were going to almost put it in your mouth and somehow I was correct XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera