GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2022 22:37:23  #8371

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Xiang Yu Interlude spoilers (though tbh all the above is on thin hecking ice)

Nursery Rhyme hating Xiang Yu is an interesting detail...

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

October 22, 2022 22:43:35  #8372

These four with children is interesting to think about
The gist:
Yu--honestly kind of good with them but will not admit it, acts like they're little devils and stays away from them at all costs (usually ends up failing though)
Xiang Yu--tries to rationalize for them, ends up learning that he can't. This is also why I think he and Yu will probably go childless forever lol. Though once he learns he can't rationalize for them (and once they learn he's not that scary, casually speaking) they get along okay. They climb all over him and he tolerates it patiently
Changgong--honestly is trying his best but isn't very good at it. He only gets better once he learns to not try so hard. They do kind of like him by default though and probably make him participate in a lot of their acting games
Xu Fu--somehow is a child magnet. She really likes kids but tries to deny it. Though she's a horrible caretaker and shouldn't be trusted to be one. They're all pretty cute.

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 22:50:40  #8373

I forgot like 4 thoughts at once :')

The gods catching up to what's happening and stopping it in its tracks lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:04:04  #8374

Btw, I've just been imagining Run and Wave being in a modern AU and being that weird pair who upload debunking videos on YouTube. They're having fun but sometimes Kurome is in the videos too and she is clearly questioning her life. Like make no mistake, she loves her boyfriend and she likes Run, but she also questions all of her life decisions that have led her up to that moment while Wave and Run remain entirely oblivious

Run's gonna run from my dreams after this post lol, calling it rn.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:07:51  #8375

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I forgot like 4 thoughts at once :')

The gods catching up to what's happening and stopping it in its tracks lol

-Galaxian-

The gods really said [REDACTED]

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 22, 2022 23:08:32  #8376

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Btw, I've just been imagining Run and Wave being in a modern AU and being that weird pair who upload debunking videos on YouTube. They're having fun but sometimes Kurome is in the videos too and she is clearly questioning her life. Like make no mistake, she loves her boyfriend and she likes Run, but she also questions all of her life decisions that have led her up to that moment while Wave and Run remain entirely oblivious

Run's gonna run from my dreams after this post lol, calling it rn.

-Galaxian-

Debunking conspiracy theories or common myths?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 22, 2022 23:12:49  #8377

I love making (crap)posts about Run like this, since immediately after I think about how Run and Wave give me much more familiar vibes to, say, Raez and Wiley which is ending up as a cursed comparison now that I think about it, compared to Hitan with anyone else
(btw that is not a good comparison but the better comparison involves a character no one else knows so lol)
Run's that nice, weird teacher who you still like. He'll do weird things out of the classroom but that doesn't mean he can't adult. It's just that he's more of a child at heart and isn't that complex
Meanwhile, Hitan...how do I even describe him. I don't think I can generalize all his adult-ish personas at once.
Though, HPA!him definitely takes that "child at heart" up one thousand notches lol, what can I say.
I've said this in the past, but just to be clear--if they coexisted in the same world, Hitan and Run would not coexist like brothers/friends. Hitan is more of a kid compared to Run no matter what. He'll always appreciate a guiding force to his life. So no matter what iteration of his persona is there coexisting with Run, they'll be more like a teacher/student or older-younger siblings than two equals
That's 'cause I designed Hitan (if you could even call it that at the time [past me sucked]) to follow Run's character but not his path, so if they were to exist together my ideal version of the story would have Run deterring Hitan from following him rather than the two of them walking the same path of suffering, while Hitan hopefully also gives more meaning to Run's life and results in him getting a better outcome overall.
In other words, Galaxian really liked teacher-student relationships (still does). If they met Run in his world then they'd wanna be friends with him, but for Hitan they just want a teacher-student relationship lol, it is really not complicated at all 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:15:50  #8378

Echo wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Debunking conspiracy theories or common myths?

Everything. but especially anything seafood related
Run just knows a lot about stuff so he can lecture about anything while he and Wave set up whatever they need for the video, such as a contraption that will definitely not work

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:17:29  #8379

Wow I really could have summarized my own post with "Run knows what he wants to do, while Hitan probably doesn't really know what he wants except not getting killed lol, if they met I hope Run would help him"
It's kinda funny. As I grow up I realize, Run was rather idealistic, while Hitan is (ironically) instead constantly in survival mode and it's definitely my fault

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:20:05  #8380

Imagine a video but they're just criticizing Long John Silver's

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 22, 2022 23:24:25  #8381

A lot of my characters respond to the most horrible of threats with (: now that I think about it, how concerning.

Hitan in particular has gotten so calloused to the concept of death that as long as it's not Akuma, you can tell him you'll do anything bad to him/his life and he will be like "I look forward to seeing it" and proceed to walk away
...weird how Run is more humane when it comes to this. I remember he shows more emotions while he's fighting than he normally does. His slight sadism aside, he thinks a lot while he's fighting (or talks a lot while fighting, depending on whether it's the manga or anime), and when it comes to realizing whether or not he messed up he seems to show those emotions pretty clearly
Meanwhile, Hitan's kinda just (: no matter what, you can have cut half off his neck open and he'll still be like that
Somehow I feel like Run is concerned :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:24:57  #8382

Echo wrote:

Imagine a video but they're just criticizing Long John Silver's

Long John Silver's...what O_O

jk ik you were probably gonna say arm

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:27:36  #8383

Tfw the guy named after dreams just reflects your attitude during that chain of dreams where you were killed by serial killers so many times that you have since just adapted the attitude of "Whatever" when your arm and two legs all get cut off in dreamland
Plus so many other characters also have that reaction, except in their real life.
Oh no, they might have a problem.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:29:45  #8384

Run feels like the kind of guy who'd tie Champ to a train track and let physics run its course
Somehow I'm not concerned in the slightest. Like no I wouldn't watch the physics thing happen, but I could watch him tie Champ to the tracks and wouldn't even bat an eyelash
#ShouldHaveDoneItInCanon

And this is weird 'cause Hitan wouldn't do that to Akuma, even if he could do it spiritually
What the heck, how did this character creation thing work lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:33:02  #8385

Me, when my character based off another one doesn't want to enact gruesome murder: What? Why? What did I do wrong?

Make no mistake, he'd repeatedly impale certain existences, he just wouldn't tie them to train tracks

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 22, 2022 23:59:13  #8386

Tbh imagine you're applying to college and select "Homemaker (full time)" on your application as your future career interest
0 shade to homemakers/stay-at-home parents whatsoever, it's just the context xDD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 23, 2022 01:57:57  #8387

I feel like inputting my transcripts is the only time I actually feel like not-a-freshman
Better grades = t-posing on my younger self and asserting dominance

I kinda fear college will be the opposite, it'll just be 1st-year me with better grades t-posing over graduate me (who will probably be super burnt out tbh lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 23, 2022 02:30:14  #8388

I like how for my Arts teams there's Castoria with her beams of light and holy sword (or what I think is one anyways) and Changgong with his radiant, handsome face, but then in the middle you've got Antonio I-Am-Darkness Salieri and Sieg (who doesn't have a last name oof) who just turns into Fafnir and obliterates the enemy
Then again, to be fair, it really is a spectrum, i.e. Paracelsus the Highly Iffy Magus

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 23, 2022 18:16:20  #8389

"Activists throw mashed potatoes on Monet painting to protest fossil fuels"

NOOOOOOOO
WE LITERALLY JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY. DID I JINX IT? WHAT THE HECK.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 23, 2022 18:17:02  #8390

Also that is literally a crime against mashed potatoes. Legitimately could've used it to feed a person for a meal or smthn like that, but no, they're gonna use it for a very stupid form of protest

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 23, 2022 19:30:00  #8391

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

"Activists throw mashed potatoes on Monet painting to protest fossil fuels"

NOOOOOOOO
WE LITERALLY JUST TALKED ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY. DID I JINX IT? WHAT THE HECK.

-Galaxian-

OIL PAINTINGS ARE NOT MADE OF FOSSIL FUELS

HOW DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND THIS

OF COURSE THIS IS ME ASSUMING THEY'RE CHOOSING OIL PAINTINGS BC IT HAS "OIL" IN IT AND THEY'RE PROTESTING FOSSIL FUELS

BUT STILL

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 23, 2022 19:30:17  #8392

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also that is literally a crime against mashed potatoes. Legitimately could've used it to feed a person for a meal or smthn like that, but no, they're gonna use it for a very stupid form of protest

-Galaxian-

just like dumping milk in stores smh

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 23, 2022 20:01:06  #8393

yeah what you said is probably what goes through their heads lol
Tbh you'd think that by the same vein of "logic" (it's not logic), they'd think about the butter or oil in mashed potatoes or something like that as also being from fossil fuels, but they don't or maybe skip over that lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 01:32:12  #8394

My mom: (*mentions slight regret for losing [who was] a long-time friend because the other literally sabotaged her and wanted her out of their life probably because they saw us as being a possible burden, also adding that sometimes she thinks about how her present life would've been different if that so-called friend could have still been in her life*)
Me: (*starts a half-hour psychological and logical analysis of what happened, including about the "friend's" mindset, and why it is impossible that my mom could have misunderstood the other because of x, x, and x reasons, therefore making it impossible that the other could still be in our lives*)

I don't know how I'm her child lol. She's constantly wanting to see the best in others and forgetting the bad things they've done in favor of the good. Meanwhile, I'm here like "but don't you remember the time where they..."
That trait aside, I'm also not sure if doing the above would somehow be considered empathetic and inconsiderate simultaneously. Like on one end it's me trying to make her not regret her actions/question herself, but then again that is definitely me showing off my extreme pettiness, so ???

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 02:17:52  #8395

(*accidentally clicks on a transphobic video*)
Oops! Let me get out of that thing!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 18:02:23  #8396

AgK! Abridged Run slurping tea, going "My mouth is burning," and then continuing to slurp the tea is stuck in my mind
That's just my sole impression of him. 
He'll pursue his goals but honestly he doesn't want to and is constantly too tired to care

AgK!Abridged Run, watching Esdeath chain Tatsumi: "Ope, there she goes again." 

In AgK! Abridged the scene where he stands behind Esdeath just Judging her for her actions doesn't exist because in AgK! Abridged he just walks

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 18:04:49  #8397

Also before that scene he's just like "this is fine" when Esdeath rejects the list of Tatsumi-like people that he worked so hard to create

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 18:13:59  #8398

Life has decided to add court stuff to my to-do list
To do, to do, to dodododo indeed

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 20:44:19  #8399

This always gives me whiplash because my mind first focuses on Run's expression and thinks how sweet it is that he suddenly expresses emotions out of concern for a friend's wellbeing, and then I start laughing from the "Kurome!" "Kurome-san!" "Kurome!" "Kurome-san!"
also pretty sure this scene was supposed to substitute for the entire Run-barges-in-on-a-nice-moment scene in the manga, which ig I appreciate but man xD the scripting

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 24, 2022 21:24:39  #8400

Run is so pretty for no reasonnnnnq bdjqjxjqncmwkfjnwnd

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop