HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2022 19:34:33  #8161

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Tushan Xiao Hongniang updated its roster/news a while back
The single funniest moment was how the only actor my mom said had good acting skills (that she knew of) will "act" the Third Master of Aolai, who doesn't even have a visible mouth for the most part. Shiny golden OP humanoid who's mostly just a few voice roles and has a crush on Yaya lmiao.
I'm putting my hopes into the male actors (: two of the female protagonists are basically hopeless so. 
I mean, it does fit to what people were guessing. The producers just want money. So they invest in the most known faces.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 18, 2022 19:36:08  #8162

I really do hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I've seen quite a few of the works Yang Mi and Liu Shishi have acted in (and not in a condensed time frame, which would be unfair), so the hope isn't that strong or very logical unfortunately
I'm mostly waiting for Chuanyue Xiyuan 3000 Hou since I wanna hear Li's voice, but I haven't heard any new news on that front, also unfortunately.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 22:55:31  #8163

My mind, out of nowhere: Remember how LoS genderbent Milo
Me: (*CHOKES ON WATER*)

FJISDOFJSDFISDJFDSOF

To this day I think someone wanted to ship Milo and Camus as a straight ship or something, but maybe it was just all a joke xD

Other things LoS did:
-Pwned Deathmask's formerly ok looks (and also his characterization in general)
-Killed Aphrodite's screentime too (rip Seafood Squad)
-Saga giant mecha?
-Gave the Gold Saints some finale stuff to do (which is good, in the original they kinda just stood around, tried to intimidate a crazy alter with numbers, and then watched Saga stab himself with a staff)
-Gave Aiolos a beard which tbh, is not the worst thing, but he was 14 (':
-> I guess it was like how Shura in the original was 10 and looked 6 feet tall (and definitely older)

I wasn't a big fan of the designs of the Gold Saints in LoS in terms of their faces. The attack effects were okay, and I don't remember the story (as in some alterations made to it, no matter how minor), but dear gods someone hated Deathmask/Aphrodite lol.
I guess for me, the Gold Saints mostly being a group of pretty young men is just kinda iconic? Idk, maybe some people would find their LoS designs attractive. Also I really wanna know why Milo was genderbent (if you really wanna ship them just ship them as two guys,,, I personally don't back it 'cause it never seemed like a healthy ship but you do you lol)
Their armor was kinda cool though. I remember kinda liking the added color to Shura's design but I don't remember his characterization either. Saga's design was also cool because of the double-sided allusion there. 

I find it kinda funny how for the most part, SoG killed the faces of the Gold Saints (and also their hair, in Shaka's case), but it did give Deathmask a random crush and redemption arc
LoS Deathmask was a loser and I don't think anyone else would think otherwise (seriously, xD)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 22:57:36  #8164

Milo's morals getting pwned by the anime lol

Also another note: I know Aquarius and Cygnus are related, but Milo being Hyoga's master would make a lot of sense imo, because Milo would definitely not be qualified to be a teacher I think and that would explain a lot of things (: lol the forum world
I guess that'd ruin the master-disciple fight though. Two guys firing a glowy beam of ice that can kill each other at each other is more fun to watch than two guys trying to prick each other with 15 needles in the fastest time possible (which I'd hope Milo would win lol, it'd be so embarrassing if he couldn't tbh)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 22:59:31  #8165

(Initial 12 Temples arc--imagine if this happened)

Milo, after Hyoga refers to how Camus stuck him in a block of ice and how that's motivating him for a re-match: You're a (fricking) idiot, you (*proceeds to not elaborate*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 23:05:16  #8166

(Hades 12 Temples arc)

Kanon: (*refuses to leave*)
Milo: (*chooses violence*)

I think the premise might be kinda flawed, but I did like this scene. I think maybe it was because the Gold Saints weren't very complex characters from the surface, and Milo being that character who acts by his heart and will do things for honor when he has the most painful techniques out of all the Gold Saints is somehow appealing to me. Idk.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 23:07:32  #8167

My mind is replaying that series of frames in Saintia Sho where Milo literally plows like a tractor through a bunch of vines
Please, stop
(I am legitimately suffering sjfidsjiosdjfo)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 19, 2022 13:32:23  #8168

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

My mind, out of nowhere: Remember how LoS genderbent Milo
Me: (*CHOKES ON WATER*)

Other things LoS did:
-Pwned Deathmask's formerly ok looks (and also his characterization in general)
-Killed Aphrodite's screentime too (rip Seafood Squad)

LoS Deathmask was a loser and I don't think anyone else would think otherwise (seriously, xD)

-Galaxian-

Tbf tho, Genderbent Milo was very pretty XD

Also TwT I wish they gave Aphrodite more screentime, they made him so pretty TwT

LoS DM was definitely a loser XD I did like his little outburst into song and his battle being accompanied by his singing XD I thought that scene was wonderful they made him a theater kid which is why he's such a loser /j . I like some of his design, although they could have done better

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 19, 2022 17:14:41  #8169

I'd love to talk more about SS, but unfortunately I am once again the bearer of bad news
My mom's bad luck strikes again. We were parked outside of our usual spot for concrete work for one day and got rear-ended by a hit-and-run. The car behind us crashed into ours from the impact and got totaled. We're lucky that I had volunteer work today, 'cause we discovered it in time.
Galaxian gets to do insurance phone calls right after starting school. Yippee.
As you might guess, I am quite upset over this, because (((((: I don't think I need to explain. But essentially, inactivity.
Don't worry about me. I wasn't in the car when it got hit this time, so physically I am very healthy.
Stay safe, y'all. And hope you have better luck than me lol~ 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 19, 2022 21:55:14  #8170

I'm glad you're okay and weren't in the car when that happened at least! Sorry you've got to deal with that, handling insurance is never fun : ((

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

August 19, 2022 23:46:06  #8171

Thanks, Ishmael. I'm also glad I'm okay. I'm going to count my not being there as a stroke of luck (as well as the cars not catching fire).

Further update: Galaxian's mental state is dubious, but in any case, they're avoiding homework lol
The case is turning out to be very not clear-cut. A camera across the street recorded what happened, but the car that might have started the crash was stolen. Another thing: The car caught on footage doesn't look like that one. And police are generally just very unconcerned, so it's possible some bastard or a few out there will be able to continue doing similar things without repercussion. 
But again, I'm partially optimistic, so I'll keep some faith in law enforcement being able to find whoever was behind the wheel in this case. And if they can't...well, I just hope that bastard/those bastards get struck by lightning or something. Maybe get in a coma and can't get taken off life support for a very long time. Maybe that'd show them, I dunno. 
And again, I'm grateful no one who didn't deserve it was hurt. I just can't spin that as completely positive because others here die from similar situations here on a regular basis. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 19, 2022 23:51:28  #8172

I think most of all, I feel really bad for my mom. This is gonna take another sum of money we didn't have to spend out, and so she's definitely going to feel guilty for that, among other things.
We've both seen our car as a member of our family. It might be out of commission now, and so it kind of feels like a family member died. Adding onto the general theme of others' idiocy impacting oneself from the pandemic...yeah, it's kinda just piling up, I suppose. Neither of us really trusted people in society to look out for others' safety, and this just makes it seem a lot worse. There's definitely going to be a degree of paranoia going forward.
But y'know, on a semi-funny note, I saw what happened and started crying, and then I've mostly recovered now (I think I might be numb, or trying to rationalize it). I was able to stop quickly enough to ask around and mostly do some logical things, so it wasn't that bad. Meanwhile, my mom stayed stoic throughout the entire process, and then I think the feeling of loss got her real bad. She got through the portion where the police came and now that we're home, I think her mentality kinda just fell over on itself. So, again, this is an example of how we technically deal with things in similar ways, but our processes are reversed. I cry first then bottle it up. She bottles it up and then will probably hurt for longer.
Well. I do know we're not experiencing the worst thing. Plenty of you guys go through worse. So I will try to not complain too much.
I can't promise I won't do that regardless, though.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 19, 2022 23:54:54  #8173

By the way, Ishmael's making a comeback, so please go check his threads out (his homethread, threads for roleplay, posts in general, etc.) and ignore me lol. You guys know me. I'm not the most resilient of people. But I'll manage xD, complaining and complaining and complaining does no good.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 00:03:56  #8174

Echo wrote:

Tbf tho, Genderbent Milo was very pretty XD

Also TwT I wish they gave Aphrodite more screentime, they made him so pretty TwT

LoS DM was definitely a loser XD I did like his little outburst into song and his battle being accompanied by his singing XD I thought that scene was wonderful they made him a theater kid which is why he's such a loser /j . I like some of his design, although they could have done better

I guess I'll agree with you on that, but I still need to remember what she did in LoS because I don't remember. At all. The only thing I remember was that she
Also there's something related to Shura that my mind is trying to remind of, but I can't remember imagine if the two of them were canonically a couple there just because their Chinese names end in 罗 lol

I don't even remember why Saga killed Aphrodite lol. Maybe Aphrodite was actually somewhat morally okay in LoS to make up for whatever Deathmask's morals were?? I dunno

I feel like what they did to Deathmask should be justified by "everyone on the production team hated Deathmask" or something. That'd be hilarious.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 00:14:46  #8175

Also, it has been far too long since I last spammed pictures, so here are some to recap

Milo is the guy underneath Aiolos

This is Legend of Sanctuary (LoS) Milo, and no, I would not care to explain myself

[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/saintseiya/images/9/90/Milo_du_Scorpion_(LoS).png/revision/latest?cb=20150116144956&path-prefix=fr[/img]
Some fanart I found of her in a more anime style (I think it really accentuates the armor design in the work)

And here she is in her canon design. She actually does look like she could pass for a guy imo (if that was even what she was trying to do). But my mind is fixating on imagining my AU version of Hitan (who's also a Scorpio) and the spikes look kinda painful lol

Also here are the Gold Saints in LoS (standing in weird positions because their heights are not like that)
From left to right, up to down:
Loser Deathmask, Saga, Shura, Camus, Milo (who is hilariously short in this picture), Aphrodite, Aldebaran, Mu, Shaka, and Aiolia
Aiolos' ghost is taking the picture, and Dohko is still at Lushan lol

Here's a cute chibi artwork of Milo and Shura in LoS

I couldn't link the others but there's a series on DeviantArt, I believe?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 00:16:56  #8176

Also a funny thing that popped up

Finally, to round it up, I love this without context

(Idk I read it and my mind goes: "Die die die die die!" because I don't really have context for this scene either, I never finished Omega lmiao)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 00:43:30  #8177

Yesterday I sketched Iollan and sketchily tried to write "If he existed I would hug him," but I failed and instead wrote, "If I existed I would hug him," which is funny to me I suppose (my funny standards are pretty low if you haven't been able to tell already)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 21, 2022 19:30:37  #8178

Deleting a post after sending it lol

I know that Hyde's name is pronounced "Hide" but I just keep saying "Hee-dey" like how they pronounce Hide's name from Tokyo Ghoul, and I just can't seem to correct it

Still going through LB 3 (very slowly). I'm near the end section so there's just a sequence of boss battles at this point.

I just finished beating up 16 soldiers under Han Xin's command (typed Xu Fu lol, I am so out of it rn), so next up is likely Li Shuwen who, btw, I'm wondering about in terms of timelines. How has he appeared and lived so long in this Lostbelt when he was actually rather recent as a Heroic Spirit? Is this Lostbelt actually situated somewhat in the future in relation to our timeline? Kinda wack.
And also, if Li Shuwen and Qin Liangyu exist here, doesn't that mean all the Chinese Heroic Spirits have appeared in this Lostbelt as an alternate counterpart to their PHH versions? For instance, maybe there was a Changgong in the countryside who never fought in a war?? Idk.

I'm pretty excited for Grail Front ngl. I dunno how well I'll be able to farm the event/lotto itself but the last lottery event was rather fun (the Christmas event with Nightingale), and this time there's a new game mode too so that's neat.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 16:30:12  #8179

I dunno what's going on, but insurance companies have not been returning calls
Tomorrow I'll be either too busy or too dead inside to make calls, and the day after that I'll be out for the entire day, so :')

On the topic of Wednesday (I make some death-related jokes in this part so I spoiler tagged it, but if I do die or something please read this post in its entirety if you wouldn't mind),

after I finish classes, I'll be going out for errands. It's just a club meeting at my in-person school and then grocery shopping, but since we don't have a car now we'll have to walk.
I don't mind walking. The thing is that we haven't really dared to walk too far ever since the pandemic started in fears of anti-Asian violence and just violence in general. Statistically, the odds of anything bad happening should be small, but y'know, what happened Friday was also statistically very unlikely to happen (the one night in years that we had our car parked somewhere else for concrete work lol), so I don't think I can be blamed for being paranoid about "small" statistical odds and "unlikely" possibilities not being so small or unlikely

The usual rules apply. I go out, do my stuff. I respond the next day at the very least (and will try to check in on Discord). If I vanish, I'm probably dead, since I don't joke about stuff like that. So if that happens, let my ghost know if the case at least got on the news lol. If it didn't, idk, maybe give me a cookie or something.  

Also I Googled bus fares the other day, and holy heck they're expensive :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 16:46:40  #8180

It's $1.5 every 3 hours for me
Essentially, if you were to buy one-way passes 2 times as a kid, you could buy a gallon of gas (as the prices are currently) :')
Okay, in more seriousness, I'm not too sure how that calculates (and I'm not speaking for the environment), but from my experience, a lot of those 6 hours is spent either navigating between stops or waiting at them, and obviously you're not just transferring all day so.

I wonder if the bus system has a funding issue from the pandemic?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 16:49:52  #8181

Oh lol, did I ever tell you guys about my last skiing experience?
I took a very early bus to get there, but somehow the bus got over capacity when it left, so it kinda just left us (my mom and me, and a couple) up there in the mountains without arranging any ride for us lol
That's why we haven't gone skiing in so long, barring the pandemic of course.

It's funny in hindsight, and maybe we should've expected it, but it wasn't funny at all at the time.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 16:54:08  #8182

That kinda just makes me sad again, because iirc Union Station in Denver has been going down the deep end as of late. Drug uses/overdoses, crime, homelessness, security issues, general safety concerns. I haven't been there in a long time, so I guess it's the fact that I probably will never go there again that's making me sad. It was a pretty okay place last time, and btw the station described in F/DA's Nazoja is probably largely based off my past experiences in Union Station. It's too bad, really. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 18:18:59  #8183

I am very fond of the fact that it takes only one year of knowing me online to know that I'm like a cat: I like food, I like sleep, and I sometimes like being patted on the head but also even I don't know what my temperament is at any given moment (I don't think that the person in this case knew the last part but my point stands)

I think the biggest difference between me and cats is that I will typically not get into high places, because I don't have their talent of being able to fall off and land gracefully. I will probably break the floor

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 18:22:09  #8184

I keep misreading my own posts a moment after I read them
I don't remember most of those misread words, but for instance, I read "cat" as "car" and "rat" simultaneously.
I need some sleep quality back, please. Galaxian getting up at 8 in the morning on their own is not normal Galaxian behavior

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 18:25:39  #8185

I wonder if Eliza's doing alright. She's been offline for almost 2 weeks now and I don't think that's normal
Maybe if I disappear temporarily she'll come back lol?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 03:01:14  #8186

Are you an avid skiier, Galaxian?

Yeah. I too am worried about her as of the moment. Hopefully its really nothing and she show later I might go ask on a chat thread.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 23, 2022 14:34:10  #8187

Unfortunately, the cost of skiing expenses caught up to me pretty early, so no. But I'd like to be. I love snow. :D
Yeah, hopefully. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 14:38:31  #8188

Also somehow I grew out of my skiing gear again so that's another thing
I used it only once :')

Growing is mostly just the experience of growing taller within a night and kicking absolutely everything the next day from being unable to accurately discern distance

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 15:23:40  #8189

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 16:15:30  #8190

Today while waking up I feel like I experienced the feeling of my soul feeling like it was getting torn into two halves
I mean it's probably still in one piece so I'm not gonna complain
Anyways. Ugh. I don't feel well lol. I keep opening tabs and forgetting what I wanted to say

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera