HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2022 23:22:14  #8131

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Also so much has happened in that homethread hiatus, wow. I think maybe I should be doing this more often, not only to censor more negativity but also just to get a "fresh pair of eyes" or whatever to see how dumb I sound on here xD

Here are some updates (more random things but you guys know me lol)
-Got Castoria after a bunch of single pulls, so thank you Nagesh :') I swear I'll draw you again within the next 3 years without using you as a catalyst
-Level 100 and 10/10/10 skills Changgong!!
-F/GO aside, I did pretty okay for my testing, AP and otherwise. Not perfect or anything, but ah well, I'm trying not to dwell on it.
-I stayed at the library for a few hours (for the first time in a few years) and got to read more on Karna's lore :D yay reading lol
-I had a dream yesterday night where Axel was eating many slices of butter, while Time was making a watch, Specter was eating trail mix, and Echo came up to me out of nowhere and unfriended me xD (and my reaction ofc was "yeah okay I deserve that")
-> I dunno where Eliza was, sorry Eliza (and everyone my mind couldn't stuff in xD)
-On a less casual note, the second dream was my mind conjuring an entire video game (horror genre) and making me test play it in first person perspective so y'all know what that means :') (I got dismembered 3 times while being able to kinda feel it, again) (*pain*)
-Gonna tell you guys two more experiences in the next post, since I feel like they're kinda funny

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 12, 2022 23:33:12  #8132

First experience!
I talked to my cousin directly for the first time in years. Specifically, the one I'm talking about is the oldest one. He's a guy and is already in college (he's around Ishmael's age, older by a few months I think).
I can't adequately describe how awkward it was from his end. He was not prepared for talking with me, and our family is pretty bad at communicating with each other, so I was the one leading the entire conversation. The entire time he was just somewhat responding coherently while making the weirdest gestures (with his hands and face), but it was kinda okay for me as long as I could keep coming up with topics.
The funny thing is that afterwards, my mom talked with my aunt the next day, and my aunt said that the cousin I talked with called me shy after the video call ended. I wouldn't have minded if he called me socially awkward, since we both clearly are a little socially awkward, but shy, after I led an entire conversation without his help? Lol. 
I dunno, do I seem shy to you guys? I don't consider myself shy at all. Mildly antisocial, terribly awkward, and horrible at reading cues, maybe. And mildly introverted at least. But not shy. 

Also funny is how after the video call ended, apparently the entire family had to have a press conference on my appearance. The good news is that the consensus from the people who saw me was that I look better than from the last time they saw me (which I disagree with), but why can't anyone discuss literally anything else :')
Family awkwardness haha,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2022 23:38:40  #8133

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Echo came up to me out of nowhere and unfriended me xD (and my reaction ofc was "yeah okay I deserve that")

-On a less casual note, the second dream was my mind conjuring an entire video game (horror genre) and making me test play it in first person perspective so y'all know what that means :') (I got dismembered 3 times while being able to kinda feel it, again) (*pain*)

-Galaxian-

o(;△;)o   I'm not that mean TvT  good luck trying to get rid of me

RIP

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 12, 2022 23:39:54  #8134

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

First experience!
I talked to my cousin directly for the first time in years. Specifically, the one I'm talking about is the oldest one. He's a guy and is already in college (he's around Ishmael's age, older by a few months I think).
I can't adequately describe how awkward it was from his end. He was not prepared for talking with me, and our family is pretty bad at communicating with each other, so I was the one leading the entire conversation. The entire time he was just somewhat responding coherently while making the weirdest gestures (with his hands and face), but it was kinda okay for me as long as I could keep coming up with topics.
The funny thing is that afterwards, my mom talked with my aunt the next day, and my aunt said that the cousin I talked with called me shy after the video call ended. I wouldn't have minded if he called me socially awkward, since we both clearly are a little socially awkward, but shy, after I led an entire conversation without his help? Lol. 
I dunno, do I seem shy to you guys? I don't consider myself shy at all. Mildly antisocial, terribly awkward, and horrible at reading cues, maybe. And mildly introverted at least. But not shy. 

Also funny is how after the video call ended, apparently the entire family had to have a press conference on my appearance. The good news is that the consensus from the people who saw me was that I look better than from the last time they saw me (which I disagree with), but why can't anyone discuss literally anything else :')
Family awkwardness haha,,,

-Galaxian-

I agree that you're not shy, you're just hella awkward and antisocial XD also RIP on having to carry the conversation

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 12, 2022 23:43:07  #8135

Second experience
I was at my in-person school (though idk if I can call it that if I don't attend it at all) for volunteering. Most of the people in the club I'm in don't know me, since I'm at a whole 'nother school, so most of the time I'm just at the side without interacting with people. And I mean, I don't mind that. Anyhow, I was counting papers at the side while a huge group of them were gossiping about stuff near the door.
At one point, a teacher comes in and asks what we're all doing from the doorway, and everyone else literally just flat-out ignores her (: so she comes in, looks at that group awkwardly for about 2 seconds like she's confirming they're in fact not going to answer her inquiry, and then somehow her gaze turns around at a very awkward angle, passing literally everyone else she should have focused on, and hones in on me like she has some sensor for awkwardness alleviation and I'm the best source of that or something 
My mind made a choking noise when it happened lol. It was hilarious to me, and even more so because of how awkward our expressions must have been :-P she was kinda like "(':" and I was basically like "(: why exactly are you looking at me"
(Also if you're wondering, I did answer her question; I caught the entire moment because I was already monitoring the situation lol. I'm not that rude (: )

So anyways, what I mean is that I have a reason for not liking many kids in my school here, and the problem isn't just on my end, I think.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2022 23:52:00  #8136

Echo wrote:

o(;△;)o I'm not that mean TvT good luck trying to get rid of me

RIP

I think you should definitely consider it though (: though maybe don't do it so abruptly; IRL me is not as chill as dream me lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2022 23:53:48  #8137

EchoDraws wrote:

I agree that you're not shy, you're just hella awkward and antisocial XD also RIP on having to carry the conversation

I appreciate you saying it straight-out and not sugar-coating it (i.e. "You're not awkward or antisocial" is ridiculous lol. The automatic reaction is "Have you seen me? At all?") xD 
It was tough but much better than another conversation that I had to carry :') that one was so bad I'm not even gonna describe it xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 12, 2022 23:54:26  #8138

Also leaving this as a note for future me, yes I know my story-telling abilities are horrible, yes I have a degree of self-awareness, also yes this is probably foreshadowing college app results

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2022 16:50:48  #8139

Galaxian the big dumb idiot finally figures out how to incorporate the year in the posting date setting after 2.5 years

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 15, 2022 20:56:05  #8140

Me, commenting on Gao Wei as my mom watches a series about Lanling Wang: His face looks stupid and ugly and stupid and ugly
Me: He reminds me of someone actually
Me: Gaston! That's it
My brain cell: Galaxian, Gaston was considered handsome though
Me: Not in my standards! (: 

Btw no I don't intend any offense towards either actor, I'm sure they're decent people unlike Gaston and Gao Wei (those bastards)
Also they don't look that alike, they just give stupid bastard vibes

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 13:22:30  #8141

Today is my official first day of school
I have 2 more classes left and my mind is already trying to find a corner to die in
My teachers seem nice though!

Tbh I'm on my lunch break and somehow I've been able to widdle it down 22 minutes by doing absolutely nothing
I now have 8 minutes and will proceed in doing so

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 13:23:39  #8142

I've been going to bed around 2 A.M. these days in hopes of repairing my sleep schedule (I tried 1 a few days ago but it didn't work out lol, it was way too fast), but my mind has instead decided it will think exclusively at that time
I remember the 3 main things from last night and absolutely nothing else otherwise (: 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 13:27:13  #8143

This is better than last year though. Last year I'd have like 4 classes (full-length; today it's not a full-length schedule) and then I'd be absolutely out for the rest of the day. 
Logically speaking it isn't irrational, but basically it was breakfast, 6 hours of class consecutively, some bites of lunch, and then I'd just be out for the rest of the day. 
Very fun.
This year it's actually worse, but hopefully my courseload is lighter. Nothing can be worse than Calculus in terms of self-learning, I've decided. jk lol I'm not trying to jinx myself

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:09:00  #8144

I forgot to give another F/GO update
I used 12 summoning tickets and 120 SQ on the LB 3 banner (or whatever it's called)
The results were weird
1. Got NP 2 Lancer Li Shuwen. Another evil Chinese Servant I guess. And another Lancer (idk what's up with the class). I got him with literally no effort. I even forgot he was on the banner. I don't know what this means. (Both came with the summoning ring sparking gold)
2. Got Scheherazade. Agartha flashbacks I never wanted :')
I respect her actual character a bunch, and tbh these were funds for Himiko so it's oddly fitting. However. I hated her characterization in Agartha and in F/GO in general (the fixation on her fear of death just offputs me so much (: ). I'm keeping her because I've kept Summer Carmilla out of all people, and also I do respect how her actual character probably was, but this is kinda weird and maybe not okay (:
She came in a Caster card that flashed gold, by the way. Who would've known I'd get an SSR again lol. Ngl, because I was on a Li Shuwen streak, I almost thought I was about to get spooked by Waver. But nah.
3. Finally, I got the fixation of Xu Fus everywhere herself! Friend of Changgong! Consort Yu! This time I don't burn her! I was kinda in hysterics over this because I was like "Hey Yu, come here. See this? I have a level 100 Changgong. You can be friends again. Now c'mere." And then there was a silver Assassin card. I was sighing "So close, yet so far," when it started flashing gold ((((: and there wasn't a shadow image on the back, either, I'm sure of it.

Now all I need is her husband (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:17:18  #8145

Some of the funniest moments from Chinese history when they're brought to F/GO
-Liu Bang throwing his kids out the carriage. Multiple times.
-> Even more funny if Xiang Yu heard about it and was completely fine with it. Because I don't see either of them actually having morals. 
->

"Ah yes the man who I have discerned will be capable of ruling this country in peace...after I kill many of its citizens without discrimination and get branded a demon king"

-PHH's version of Ying Zheng running around a pole like a panicked pigeon, chased by Jing Ke (a mapbearing woman) who is very intent on stabbing him
-> Listen, they didn't come to my summons, so I can make fun of them all I want.
-Cao Cao getting chased by Ma Chao and being forced to shave his beard while on horseback
-> He eventually nearly gets speared through a tree and is scared out of his mind
-> Ngl this guy can flex though, composing a poem while he's drunk

Also this one isn't historical, but I'd like to see Zhuge Liang having his coat set on fire or something and him continuing to nap as a reference to Romance of the Three Kingdoms, where he pretended to sleep while ignoring Liu Bei and Zhang Fei threatened to set his backyard on fire

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:34:47  #8146

Houdini and Doyle's relationship somehow reminds me of a friendship between an atheist and theist, except the theist is a bit more extreme in how much they pay out for their beliefs

I think mostly what Houdini did just reminds me of what I'd do, in a way, lol. Though the comparison is more closely tied to things my mom has experienced rather than what I have.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:57:32  #8147

I still love how Nezha's story, when told to children, ends at the part where he's reborn, 'cause immediately after that he goes to try to commit patricide
Also love how they try to censor him killing a fellow kid by accident but then proceed to censor absolutely nothing following that. Killing a small army of soldiers? Allowed. Gruesome suicide in front of his parents? Allowed. At that point, why even bother trying to sugarcoat it.

Also me endorsing that patricide (attempt) is totally not related to myself at all, haha lol I don't know what you're talking about

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:58:14  #8148

I have a theory that in F/GO, Taiyi Zhenren was fully aware what reviving Nezha would do (patricide attempt, definite fratricide) but thought that his student lived for too short and needed to go through a character development arc
Chaotic monk who is with OP weapons and questionable morals but who loves his student is what I'm getting at.
I don't endorse that, by the way. But you know, Nezha having someone who cared about him is nice.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:58:54  #8149

Taiyi Zhenren, after watching Nezha speed away to go on a vengeance-fueled hunting quest for his father: And we oop (:

Reminds me of Merlin (proto-Merlin especially), except somehow Taiyi Zhenren is supposed to have more morals and doesn't

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 16:59:24  #8150

Also what was up with Li Jing?? I'm not familiar with the gaps between these siblings' ages, but even assuming that Nezha was younger than his two elder brothers by 16 years or something like that, their father wouldn't have been old enough to need to beg his second son for help against Nezha, being a general and all that
I'm implying that he's a coward, is what I'm doing.
And I guess it'd be justified to be scared after seeing the son who you basically forced to suicide and whose temple you burnt down post-mortem with a flaming spear, fire wheels, and maybe 3 heads/6 limbs, going after you with bloodlust in his eyes, but also you definitely should've seen justice coming in some sort of form, and making that revenge-filled kid's elder brother fight his younger brother is just such a dastardly thing to do

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:01:36  #8151

I guess in F/GO his third son literally got a body completely different from the old one though, so maybe he thought it was a stranger after him
...which is probably worse lol 
Just...run away from the stranger girl with flaming wheels, a fire spear, hatred/clear murderous intent in her eyes, and unknown capabilities to your second son, who probably is not as good at fighting as he could be with more training/experience
(Though I think Nezha probably would've made it pretty clear who he was lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:05:05  #8152

What Taiyi Zhenren could have done: (*revive Nezha, spend some quality time with them, maybe give them some sort of therapy*)
What Taiyi Zhenren did: (*revive Nezha, give them slaughter tools, let them go hunt down their father without saying/doing literally anything [from my knowledge], such as but not limited to: "Remember essentially only your father wronged you, and you're powerful enough to not kill anyone in sight"*)

You cannot tell me Taiyi Zhenren was moral.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:07:46  #8153

Tbh in Chaldea, Nezha is talking with Inshun and tries to quote one of her teacher's sayings, and said saying is something that sounds like what a monk might say in tone but is just utterly chaotic and inhumane in content, and even Inshun is pretty unnerved

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:08:46  #8154

Also the two Buddhas, floating in the sky while watching Nezha chase down his father and kill his own brother by blood: 👁👄👁

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:10:09  #8155

Imagine Summer Nezha's entire Spirit Origin change isn't because it's summer, it's actually because Li Jing arrived at Chaldea. 
Her Spirit Origin Graph is very screwed up now, so she's gonna avoid her problems by going out and trying not to interact as much as possible

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:21:56  #8156

F/GO Mordred: (*has father issues because Morgan was a conniving and definitely not-qualified mom who used her children for her own means [including Mordred, who she conceived through very questionable means], while Artoria [Morgan's "brother"] had no emotions as a king and, in that kingly rationality, rejected Mordred's self-perceived right to the throne, so Mordred wound up amassing a rebel army and causing the end of Britain, with her corpse ultimately killing her father from a curse Morgan cast on her after Artoria impaled her with a lance at the Battle of Camlann*)
F/GO Nezha, but really just Nezha in general: (*has father issues because said father tried to hack him in half when he was born, forced him to suicide after he accidentally incurred the wrath of a dragon king, and then burned down the temple he needed for his soul [as that of a child's] to go to the realm beyond life, so after he got revived he hunted down his father, killed his own brother, and then "reconciled" with his parents after being told that that was the moral thing to do*)

Nezha was like 3-10 when he died (my guess is 5-6, with 3 of those years being spent in his mother's womb); Mordred also went through an accelerated aging process (though I'm not too sure how long, I am not an expert in Arturian legends obviously), so they're kinda similar in that vein too.
It's interesting how at the moment, it feels like what Mordred did at the time mostly fell to Morgan in terms of blame, rather than Artoria (since Artoria's whole spin is that she was an inhumane dragon king no one really understood, so her kingship that should have been perfect ended in tragedy from other people's understanding of emotions), while for Nezha it was actually just purely his father to blame for the most part.

Anyhow, I have the nicest two versions of Artoria imo, so I think Mordred should come here. Just saying. She and Nezha even had kinda canonical interactions! (lol)
I think I need a good dad figure in this Chaldea too :') parental therapy is needed

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:40:37  #8157

Changgong: Master, why are there more and more Evil-aligned Servants of our country coming to our Chaldea?
Me, who will casually post about mythological patricide while not wanting to elaborate about my own "relationship to the non-custodial parent" on certain to-be-filled forms: I'm not sure, to be honest. Maybe you could ask them why they keep wanting to come

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 17:46:08  #8158

Kinda looking forward to whoever comes online next just up and leaving after seeing the barrage of posts from me about at least slightly questionable topics

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 19:02:30  #8159

Relooked at the Fate summoning chants, which was helpful, 'cause I suck at visuals
I kinda love how in Apocrypha, the Black faction appears kneeling, while in F/Z everyone either stands in the middle of the circle or steps out of it gallantly or whatever. The F/Z cast in general definitely got the better bargain imo lol

Also I'm just gonna farm for embers every day for the most part, if I can do that.
Yesterday was great since I could farm for Li Shuwen and Yu at the same time. The problem is that the sheer number of Lancers I have has caused a shortage in Ascension supplies. Also, Heracles is just kinda stuck (also idk if he's Heracles or Hercules lol), and so are a bunch of my Lancers, including Li Shuwen (who hit level 50 and now is unable to be ascended). On the bright side, most of the ones I use more consistently are level 70, so I guess they're just gonna be fake 3-stars for a little bit.
I did max Mandricardo a few days back (idk if I'll grail him; I have to use him more), and in general the progress in leveling my Servants has been much better since the extreme nodes have been introduced. I actually maxed out all of my 3-star-and-up Archers (I'm lacking the proofs for Arash, who's almost always on break and will never use in his Noble Phantasm), which is great.
So anyways, a lot of my Servants are stuck needing materials that I don't know how I'll get in the meantime, and that's that. 
I could probably give a more detailed list with all of my not-maxed-out Servants, but I don't think anyone would like reading that.
Oh! Yeah! I finally leveled Bradamante again! She's been in limbo for at least a year :') now she's level 84 or something like that. I'll get her to level 90 eventually, I swear,,, (I've been using her more as an AOE Lancer along with Osakabehime and Voyager, and it's somehow really fun xD I wasn't expecting that tbh)
Suzuka is also more fun to use than I expected. I remembered that Changgong can boost star gen and help others with NP gain as long as they have Quick cards, and suddenly she got a lot more viable. I can't use her for more challenging quests at the moment given her lack of hard defense; however, but it's fun watching her NP rain some stars.
I've been trying to use the new Servants more in general, and that includes both variations of Atalante. I've been using Voyager with her Archer version especially to try to help supplement her bad NP gain on her cards, and it seems to be working rather well. I think she might just need a Quick Support at least along with a head start on her NP to be able to function better, but I'm not exactly sure.
I also accidentally tortured Rider Da Vinci in an Interlude with Wu Zetian so oops (: the healing is very useful though

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 19:14:16  #8160

Darn, forgot the most important part
I grailed a certain Mozart murdery man to level 80 so (:
What can I say? It was for farming purposes. But mostly, I also wanted to hear the sound a holy cup makes as it shatters. (*maniacal laughter in the background*)

(If I grail him to 90, I'll grail Sieg too.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera