HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2022 19:29:01  #8041

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Yeah it wasn't fun but how is that worse

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 1, 2022 19:32:20  #8042

I think you guys know how I randomly get nostalgic, right? 
So right now my mind is randomly hyperfocusing on the icons from the WoFMB. Do you guys remember those? They were like abstract symbols made out of geometric shapes. Iirc at least most of them were symmetrical too. 
On the SAMB, the icons weren't there, 'cause you had your game avatars there instead. But on the WoFMB they were just these symbols.
I never actually drew mine. I regret it now. I hope mine is in a screenshot or something; that'd be absolutely great.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 1, 2022 19:39:02  #8043

Basket Cat wrote:

Yeah it wasn't fun but how is that worse

Idk, I guess right now my mind just thinks that being poked with a toothbrush by a metal construct is worse than being impaled by metal blades repeatedly

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 1, 2022 22:03:11  #8044

I keep forgetting that Medb's name is pronounced, like, "Mayb," not "Meh-deb," since, y'know, my uncultured swine self was too lazy to Google/didn't care to Google and kinda just made up my own pronunciation for the name like usual and went on for my day for a year or so
I wish I could call her "Mahb," though, because it sounds kinda like it's in the same category as "Blegh," which suits her
It'd be funny if it turns out "Meh-deb" is actually a valid pronunciation lol

Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 1, 2022 23:27:48  #8045

I...I,,, I can't I. I just. Bruh. xD I'm watching parts of The Clone Wars and YouTube thinks that kids who are watching this will like Peppa Pig and Cocomelon. I just jsdfiojsdfokdsjf xD I mean maybe, but that's so concerning lol I can't even phrase this properly

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 2, 2022 00:11:37  #8046

The thunder here decided to wake up my mom, who has not slept well for the past month or so.
Very funny.
Hey, can I beat sound up?? I have a bat right here. I can go do it. If I ever get up.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 2, 2022 00:18:13  #8047

Me, feeling remotely happy because I'm finally getting Spanish homework done after a day of anxiety:
Ambulance sirens: (:

Every time, man. Every. Single. Time.
And the thunder just will not let up for some reason.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 2, 2022 08:38:09  #8048

I will slap the thunder

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

May 2, 2022 08:38:50  #8049

the slappening

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

May 2, 2022 18:46:06  #8050

Thank you, slappener

And on another tangent (once again)
Am I the only one who finds waking up one's mom on Mother's Day inconsiderate at best and exploitative at worst
'Cause like, yeah, you made her dinner. Once. Out of the entire year. And took away at least half an hour of her sleeping time that she could've otherwise had. Maybe gave her half a heart attack by waking her up by shouting in her ear or shaking her. And now she probably has to get up, make you breakfast, send you to wherever you need to go, and then clean up whatever mess you made in the kitchen
Okay, maybe not everyone is messy/a bad cook. But if you really appreciated her you'd make breakfast more often, and it doesn't have to be in bed :'P. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 2, 2022 19:59:45  #8051

I made breakfast for my mom (not on mother's day) and she was sleeping so I just set it down on her bedside table for when she woke up because I don't like waking people up lol

May 2, 2022 21:06:33  #8052

Galaxian, imma be honest, I feel that you don't like a lot of holidays, or at least enjoy punching holes in them.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 2, 2022 22:30:15  #8053

@Eliza - :DDD Thank you for not waking her up! Though I do have to add that I hope you put a cover on the food or something so that it stayed warm and didn't accumulate a colony of germs or anything like that.
I personally am horrible at timing when I make things. Can't even time an omelet. It's always cold by the time my mom actually gets around to eating it lol I really suck at coordinating/cooking

@Time - Okay okay, so before I answer, I am dying of curiosity in terms of knowing which holidays you think I dislike. Can you list some of them? 'Cause I currently can't remember which holidays I've blasted before in front of you guys. I can't even remember blasting Columbus Day or Father's Day, which feel like the most blastable to me if I were a little more immature in some aspects
Though I gotta say, I enjoy punching holes in stuff, so I guess that's there xD you're not wrong in that aspect. Just kinda generalized, and y'know, I'd love to hear more specifics on this xD.
Tbh I can't even tell if this is you making an assumption or you observing a general trend, so sorry if I misunderstood lol. But what I'm currently getting is that you somehow have an impression of me being an absolute holiday grinch and I would love to hear more

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 2, 2022 23:40:40  #8054

General trend tbh. I don't remember too well, but maybe it's me getting mixed up with other stuff you talk about. Like I could totally see you saying how Valentines or Halloween is a scam to promote unhealthy food or smth

Are you a grinch?

Last edited by Time (May 3, 2022 15:10:05)

Time

May 3, 2022 15:18:46  #8055

Before I say anything else, I love this conversation so much xD
Okay, okay, so. Do I think Valentine's Day is healthy? No. Do I think it is really necessary for elementary-school graders to celebrate it? Uh, no. Based off my experiences, we knew nothing about the holiday going in and knew even less about it going out. And also it could lowkey be used for bullying from what I saw, if that bullying got severe enough. But you know, whatever. I think we all have better things to do in regards to improving public education than going after one of the rare days of happiness for little kids. I mean, they like candy, and they'll eat candy anyways. Educating them on nutrition is mostly up to their parents at this point. I don't really care.
Even more of that reasoning applies to Halloween. Kids like it, and it hasn't caused an immediate public health crisis (yet), so why not. The funny thing about you listing it is that I really liked Halloween before the pandemic came. It's got a nice aesthetic, and I do like candy. Free candy especially. Mmmm. 
I guess really the biggest thing about these two holidays are that they might fuel unhealthy habits in kids and consumerism, since there is really not a reason why candy should just have their wrappers slightly altered (some color change, usually just some more letters) and then be priced so much higher than usual (not for all candy, but some of those bags are, lol) if not just for higher company profit. I feel like it's important to know, from a young age, that these companies definitely want your (parents') money and you should think a lot of times before buying what they're trying to sell. But a lack thereof is not really either holiday's fault; that still has to do with education. So it's not something that I'd get on their case for. That'd be a little irrational.
Essentially, I've got nothing against Halloween and Valentine's. Holidays tend to be a little random. I feel like the people behind them tend to be people who wanted a break. I mean, I feel like there is little other rational reason for Chinese New Year at least lol, just this random holiday with a lot of red, some explosives, money, candy, food, and most importantly, 2 weeks off lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 3, 2022 15:42:35  #8056

Now I upend whatever rationality I was parading in the above response. Only in a little while, though.
I don't really hate any holidays, really. Maybe I don't know enough holidays. Notably, I wanted to say that there is no way I hate Mother's Day. I just don't like the culture depicted in advertisements for it. It feels real empty to just celebrate one's mom on that one day, and in such an inconsiderate way. But taking out at least one day of each year for all the great moms across the country/world is a real nice thing. I appreciate it.
Also, I don't hate or even dislike Father's Day. I have usually ignored it every year, of course, and avoid thinking about things that would make me unhappy. Also, I usually focus on my forum anniversary instead; that's around the same week, iirc. But now, I also can focus on some of my characters who also happen to be fathers, and tbh thinking about them makes me really happy. I might not have a father or a father figure personally, but I don't feel like I've lost anything because of it, and so if I were to take out any of my loss on a holiday, that would be incredibly unfair of me. 

Okay, rationality upending time, lol.
I do have to say that some holidays are ones I don't like. One of them is Columbus Day. I know morally speaking, he was with "normal" morals in his time and day, but times change, y'know. I wouldn't want anyone to celebrate me if I inadvertently committed war crimes. And let's all be honest--the Europeans coming over here was more like a nuclear bomb than anything else. Sure, now America exists. It was pretty revolutionary with its system of government back then. I won't deny it. But was it worth destroying so many people's lives? I would say no. Sure, we can't go back now. But I feel like there's no reason to celebrate the holiday in the present day. Columbus can be someone who's taught in school, but I feel like appreciating what he did singularly is just generally an iffy thing. By no means should he be erased, but he probably also shouldn't be paraded. If anything, he probably exists as a caricature of a person who brought both glory and destruction depending on the perspective. A human, very flawed, because he came from a flawed society like any other. But not really worth celebrating in earnest by this point in time. 

Another one of the holidays I don't really like is China's Qingming Festival--Tomb-Sweeping Day. But I have nothing against it societally. I feel like it's good for society to acknowledge the people who came before them. It's like America's Memorial Day, but with some Chinese customs swept (haha) into them. No complaint here.
But why don't I like it? Here's the emotional component. I observe how my family goes about this festival, and all I can feel is that it's hollow. Obviously, even though it's good to show respect to the deceased, the most important thing is to treat each other well in life, because we don't know what's beyond the grave. Maybe there's an afterlife or reincarnation. Maybe there is no such thing. So, because life is transient but also perceivable while it lasts, we should be focusing on that. But all I see in this family is us ignoring each other's best qualities, taking advantage of each other, and hurting each other. And then once we go to the grave, we're actually just forgotten, and just become yet another grave to possibly attend. What kind of merit is in that? I think that if we were to go to the graves of our ancestors as a family, we should actually be a family. We should be happy, and healthy, and care for each other, so that if our ancestors still exist somewhere, they can see us well and be content. But at the moment, all our family brings to the gravestone is just an empty duty and a torn family that has no intentions of repairing itself. We might as well not go at all.
So yes. I respect the holiday but spurn my relatives. What an argument.

In all honesty, my most hated "holiday" would probably be my birthday, since usually by that time I'm hating my own existence
Jk, how could I? There's free food that comes from making my mom work even more for my sake (btw this is the exact reason why I usually hate my own existence)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 3, 2022 15:54:09  #8057

I love that conversation, but right now I need to talk about brood parasitism 
I know it's wrong to impose human morals on animals, but I can't help but see comparisons.
First, lemme just badly summarize brood parasitism real quick. The name covers it, but one example of it is a bird of another species laying its egg/s in another bird species' nest, so that the other bird cares for its kids. And usually its kids have adaptations that give it an advantage over its not-related brethren. For instance, it might hatch early, giving it some undivided attention. It also might call out for food more often, and have a wider beak, so it gets more food from its, uh, potentially unsuspecting foster parent. It also might murder its not-related brethren. Or sometimes they just use the nest and leave. I appreciate the birds who do the last part.
But anyways, the first comparison I'm seeing is like people who cheat on a test. They'd have used much less time and effort if they just actually learned what they needed to learn, but instead they use so much time bypassing anti-cheating measures and copying down information and such, which reminds me of how in brood parasitism, the "parasite" bird might end up being killed if it's recognized as not belonging to the nest, and how because they can be recognized, these birds have specifically evolved to try to confuse their hosts. I can't really say how hard parenting is, since I know it's probably really hard, but brood parasitism just reminds me of that sort of thing--where there is just so much work put into something that the amount of work feels questionable when considering the objective. It feels like if those birds took care of their own offspring, there'd be less hatchling deaths in general, whether of their own offspring or of their hosts'. And honestly, it shouldn't be that hard, but maybe not. Anyways, unlike cheating, it could be a valid strategy, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Second comparison relates to certain people (key word here is "certain") who give their kids in for adoption right after being born. Do I appreciate that they acknowledged they have no business being parents? Uh huh. But honestly if they have no business being parents, why become parents in the first place? This is one of those things that's so rational and is hard to put into reality (because people are impulsive and don't think of consequences, and then try to look for the easy way out)--I acknowledge that, I really really do. And it doesn't coincide as well with birds, since birds need to keep reproducing to keep their species intact (while us humans just kinda overpopulate the planet). But there's that sort of uncomfortable similarity between the two, and I can't shake it off, so now you get to read this potentially controversial claim that I did not think out well enough, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 3, 2022 16:18:09  #8058

To round off with an F/GO update (Shimousa spoilers)

I still feel like Sitting Master is the Saber of Empireo. I think the sus is off of Muramasa at this point, so the only other Saber here is him. It's also weird how Danzou serves him. Yes, she could've just met him, but it feels a lot more likely that Caster of Limbo had Danzou stick with Saber of Empireo. Besides, I'm at a segment where the something-something castle gets established, and Munenori has not showed up yet. Really sus.
I also somehow missed the Christian cues for Amakusa Shirou Tokisada who, by the way, doesn't look very good with red sclera. He's also missing his evil smirk. He needs it back. 
So yeah, I just finished the fight with Berserker of Samghata Hell and Rider of Kalasutra Hell. I actually got through within one try, which is a good surprise.
Basically what I did was I aimed to bring down Berserker as soon as possible. I did so using Musashi (mandatory NPC support) as my DPS, supported by Mash and Danzou for defense. Musashi chopped through one break bar on Berserker, died after a little while, and then I kinda stalled after Kotarou came in. The best thing about this fight is that Danzou's NP is finally kinda useful, since both Berserker and Rider had the Demonic trait. I kinda wish I could've used Martha, but oh well. Danzou did only some damage even with the enemy traits (her NP hits like a floppy flopper), but Fuuma came in at just the right time after Musashi was defeated to provide the third bit of hard defense against both Berserker's and Rider's first NP. And yep, it was basically just stalling after that point. To Danzou's credit, she put a bit of a dent in Berserker's HP while I was stalling. And then when she left the field, in came Osakabehime, who I'd prepared to finish the fight with. To my credit, all these timings were perfect, which is great, lol.
So yeah, Osakabehime came in right after Mash's second skill got off cooldown, so I prepared for the second round of NPs from Rider and Berserker by putting invincibility on our origami hime. As context, Berserker's NP basically debuffs you to death in addition to dealing damage, and Rider's, although with class disadvantage, shouldn't be taken lightly in terms of damage, either. The good thing is that her having so many hits on it went to my favor this time, since Osakabehime loves being hit repeatedly and charging her NP (: (she doesn't, I do though). My goal at this point was to get Osakabehime's NP to 100% and higher (because Berserker has a gimmick where she'll decrease her target's NP gauge by about 7% after a turn) to make sure she had enough defense, and also to give a bit of a boost to finish off Berserker. And I am happy to say that I totally succeeded. First off, I had given Kotarou the CE where he charges remaining allies' NP gauge once defeated, so I appreciate him doing that for me. Second, all the hits from the two enemy NPs helped. And card RNG also helped--I was able to use some Osakabehime cards before those NPs. So Kotarou and Mash left the field, and in came Asclepius, who I'd placed to help clear off Berserker's NP's debuffs and further charge Osakabehime's NP. And yep. 
I got Berserker off the field on the second turn Osakabehime was in, so the rest of the battle was just making sure that Osakabehime had the most defense buffs up when Rider was NPing, keeping critical stars to a max despite Rider stealing them, and also keeping up with the healing whenever possible. And I won. 26 turns, but I won first try. This is one of the few times that I feel like I actually strategized really well, and I'm happy with that. But the credit still goes to my Servants, and an especially honorable mention to Asclepius. He was on full class disadvantage, and I tried my hardest to kinda keep him alive, but I couldn't do that. So yeah. 
Now I prepare for the next battle. It's probably with Saber of Empireo, I'm guessing. I will probably go with Ashwatthama first off, because I feel like slamming a flaming wheel into that Saber for what they helped do to Inshun, but plans can change (depending on the gimmick Saber will have). 

And of course, I'll probably stray from the story for a while again due to testing and the event. I'm looking forward to summoning for Voyager for no reason other than GGaD!Galaxian friend reasons and failing :') but oh well.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 4, 2022 21:39:29  #8059

I am of the belief that fun-sized chocolate bars would be more fun if they were bigger
jk lol, it's all the same to me. And I do mean that literally. Gulp gulp.

Anyways, guess who's going into an interview tomorrow completely unprepared
These days are just gonna be a series of unpreparedness, since APUSH is the day after tomorrow, Calc is the day after the weekend, and Lang is the day after Calc, not to mention all this time I'm supposed to be keeping up with homework and extracurriculars. Real fun times.
Today I took a picture of myself for a test thing and nearly had a stroke from seeing myself reflected on a screen, so that's fun. Hopefully I look better with a suit, though! And with adequate sleep. I have not been getting quality sleep lately, but maybe it'll turn around in one day? (*doubt*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2022 09:09:37  #8060

Yeah seriously fun-sized candy should be bigger than king-sized candy

Also the fact that there is no queen-sized candy, something that has bothered me since I was like 5

May 6, 2022 19:55:22  #8061

I know, right? You'd think that there's nothing wrong with queen-sized things since they have queen-sized beds, but then again I don't even remember how big those beds are. Haven't been to a furniture shop in ages lol
I guess maybe it has to do with how candy consumers don't really like the labels in the first place, which I guess is valid since you can kinda just tell how big the candy is without any labels

----

Back from the APUSH exam (and subsequent errands, as usual)! I am exhausted, but exhausted as in my mind is trying to make up its mind on what it wants to do for the rest of the day, and it's also trying to decide whether it should hate me or not. Don't worry, as soon as it's midnight, it'll remember some dumb mistake I made on a question (and whatever monstrosity of an essay I wrote for the LEQ) and come to absolutely condemn my existence

Anyhow, now it's Calculus and Lang left. Consecutively. Whee.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2022 19:56:07  #8062

I can never read "Disney XD" without thinking that it's, like, Disney, and then xD. Get it? xD?

Seriously, what does it even stand for (*once again too lazy to Google*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2022 20:04:05  #8063

It took me a long time to figure out that "XD" is an emoticon and not an abbreviation

May 6, 2022 20:10:15  #8064

So the opposite of my reaction xD, I wonder if that says something about me,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2022 20:32:16  #8065

Another highlight of the day was when this lady at an appliance store came up to me and tried to market something (appliance-related) to me for 20 minutes
Ma'am, I am not old enough for this. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2022 14:57:19  #8066

The event is lookin' like it's gonna be a drag in terms of both loading and story
Don't get me wrong, the alternative outfits for Mozart and Marie are great (Mozart actually looks handsome lol, his face on his usual sprite is...weird),

but the player doesn't actually have a choice in anything (as usual) and it feels like Mozart is definitely either a fanatic or a werewolf. I'm leaning towards fanatic because Marie is too friendly in a game like this and so is very sus
Also, a few rounds of roasting was good, but do too much of it and it makes the people doing it mean. A little roasting is fine, but too much of it actually feels like an insult

Tbh, the roasting of Napoleon's singing was funny, but then again, I really appreciate him stepping in for D'Eon. It's implied that Phantom was literally about to harass them, and so Napoleon got in between the two and sang like that purposefully to get the Phantom to back off. The roasting was funny because the people doing it were Mozart and Salieri (both music-related dudes), not to mention I felt like I could hear the song in my head while reading it, and tbh to add to all of that, Napoleon probably wouldn't mind being roasted, but it feels like maybe we could be a bit more appreciative of what Napoleon did there. I dunno, he's definitely a little more liked by me because of what he did. I hate the Phantom.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2022 20:28:07  #8067

My biggest pride of the day was considering actually communicating with my friends, but after 5 minutes of consideration, I have decided I will not. (Which is why impulse is important for me; unfortunately, it didn't quite kick in today.)
The problem with advice given is that it's always for when you have a problem, not when you are the problem

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2022 20:32:29  #8068

Me, about to till the soil: I pray that today will be a day where I only temporarily displace residents of this earth rather than accidentally, and unnecessarily, mangling them (*picks up hoe*)
Any people in the vicinity who happen to overhear me:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 8, 2022 07:58:12  #8069

This made my day, thank you

May 10, 2022 10:11:37  #8070

Hey Galaxian

Ap lang today, is it? Good luck if so!

Time

Board footera