HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2020 01:55:42  #1

[@Specter] You asked for this.

Well, Germaine didn't. The narrator's addressing the other narrator.
Y'know...it's the usual. A silent small city street in the Modern Sect because all the people are at work. And whom appears to be a young man dragging the mangled body of a young child across the sidewalk as casually as if on a stroll.
Whee!

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 2, 2020 13:40:41  #2

Re: [@Specter] You asked for this.

((o no))

Because it was the Modern Sect, Germaine had altered her appearance to fit in. And it was near perfection. Everything about her made her have a rather insconpicuous air around, at least for regular onlookers.
Who knows what she was doing there. Well, that's not really important now.

She turned a corner. Then, the person dragging the child caught her attention.
"Excuse me, sir!" Germaine called out while running with slight panic towards them. "The kid is hurt! Do you need any help?" She continued approaching quickly and adjusted her red coat so it wouldn't fly open in her hurry.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 14:08:25  #3

The supposed person didn't move faster or slower, but since he was maintaining a steady pace and Germaine an accelerated one, she at least gained enough distance on them to see that the kid didn't just seem hurt. Gender-ambiguous naturally and even more so due to the lack of overall physical development, they appear to be of around six years of age, even though their jaw hangs loose and their distorted mouth is frothing by the edges. Most of their hair has been torn from their scalp, but the remaining bits showcase a reddish brown. The young man--or so he seemed--didn't seem to care (or didn't consider) for shielding the neck, causing the child's head to swing limply from one side to the other at angles it shouldn't be able to reach. The rest of their body was beyond description. Also, their eyes were gouged out.
"No, it's dead," the answer came, seemingly confirming what the kid's overall state seemed to imply, even though they were addressed as if a simple animal. The young man continued on, paying Germaine no further heed.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 14:40:01  #4

"You can't just drag him around like that," she pointed out, rather disturbed but still firm.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 14:47:01  #5

That only initiates a series of quiet chuckling, but the man is still ignoring her. Probably he's thinking something along the lines of 'Says you and what authority to say so?'

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 14:56:32  #6

Germaine quickened her pace some to be able to look at the man's face. She stood ahead, though a bit to the side. "What happened? Where are you taking the child?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 15:29:10  #7

She stopped, so she doesn't get a good long look except for the fact that his hair isn't black as it seems.
"I wonder," came the answer that literally answered nothing.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 15:47:18  #8

"Please answer," she said in a tone that hinted to pleading. "It concerns me." 
Even though I probably shouldn't get involved, a bit of logic told Germaine.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 16:53:34  #9

"What does it look like, lady? It died," he said, almost as if with absolutely no regard to how much she seemed concerned.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 18:04:03  #10

"It looks as if... as if someone tortured the poor child!" She exclaimed vehemently, picking up the pace again and racing a little ahead, now half-standing in the way of the person.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 18:19:07  #11

"Hmm, maybe they did." He still seems unconcerned as he walks past her, not really looking at Germaine. "Or maybe they just messed around with the body."
Well, at least now she gets a better view of his face--three quarters of it, at least--and the hair, which turns out to be a dark smoky sort of gray with a bit of violet thrown into it like impending violence in an upcoming street brawl. His stringy hair covers his left eye, but his right eye is a sort of dark but alarming reddish orange.
Well, someone didn't bother to try to blend in with mortals.
Otherwise, what can be seen of his face is rather normal. Unhealthily pale skin. Features that would have been handsome, if not at least pleasant, if they had been taken care of. His cloak flutters past her as he attempts to continue on his way.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 18:28:00  #12

Germaine frowned almost noticeably. The other's nonchalant attitude really bothered her. She reached out a hand to stop him. "At least think of giving him a proper burial--!"
That was, perhaps, one of her biggest problems. Her tendency to get involved with things concerning stragers.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 18:33:45  #13

She just misses him, possibly catching his cloak but, since there are no catchable parts to the cloak, it merely falls past her hand.
"Think. Thought. Done." He continues on.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 18:36:50  #14

((Okay I'm sorry but that actually made me laugh))

It took her a second to understand, but when she did, she was not pleased at all.
"If you're not going to take action," she started, "then give it to me. I can't stand seeing a child--even if he's dead--being treated like that."

What a weird sight it must be, to see Germaine following a person that was dragging a corpse.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 18:47:45  #15

"Hmm? So you would be unbothered if it were an adult?" he asked, switching his grip on the body to his left hand and making some kind of snapping sound emanate from somewhere between the neck and head.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 18:51:11  #16

"No, I still would. But more so when it concerns children." Her face made a gesture of disgust at the noise. Still, she didn't leave. "Well?"

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (June 2, 2020 18:51:24)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 18:55:24  #17

"Well, you couldn't attain permissions to bury it anyways." For the first time, he slightly speeds up, though it's actually mostly out of glee for the clunking sound that the child's skull makes with the acceleration. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 18:59:59  #18

"It doesn't need to be at a cemetery as long as it's a decent place," she countered, still keeping up. "You're not human, are you?" A hint of suspicion laced her words.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 20:03:18  #19

Actually, you can't illegally bury a dead body. And he knows it, but he just says, "Well, that makes two, then."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2020 20:18:34  #20

"What do you mean?" She said, pretending she didn't understand the statement. "Just give me the child, please, and you can go on your way."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 2, 2020 21:28:37  #21

Returning the favor, he said, "Mortal fools don't deserve to play around with dead bodies."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2020 00:15:33  #22

"It's not 'playing around'," she pointed out. "So, fine, it may be that I'm not human, but that changes nothing."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 3, 2020 00:18:34  #23

"Oh?" A slight smile on his part. "Why even bother to try to 'blend in' to the smoothie of blood that is mortal society? Bon appétit."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2020 00:24:04  #24

"I would ask the opposite," said she. "I do it to avoid unnecessary attention. To prevent people from being accidentally scared, as well."
Slight hesitation. Germaine considered asking for the body once more. Instead, she asked, "And how did you notice I wasn't human?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 3, 2020 01:33:51  #25

Honestly, he really didn't care for her concerns or her question. But he did enjoy ignoring her and making the skull go clickity clack on the sidewalk.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2020 02:45:46  #26

Germaine was not very far from using some action, but she could try words for a bit more. "If you don't know where you're headed, does that mean you're lost?
Ah, ever polite.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 3, 2020 09:03:21  #27

A grin. "Who said I don't know where I'm headed?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2020 09:22:36  #28

"You mentioned it before, or rather, I interpreted your statement as that."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 3, 2020 14:28:57  #29

The grin didn't diminish. "Oh really."
Well, it's pretty obvious he's not a cooperative person. Or whatever he is.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2020 15:47:03  #30

Germaine got impatient, and it showed. "Yes. So, may I have what I asked for now?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera