GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2020 00:18:02  #151

Re: [@Time, Specter, Eliza, etc.] Clocktower Planning/Chat

Yea but like does anyone know what tactics they could possibly use bc it's their home turf? Im pretty sure they would be outnumbered and out-deitied.

I think Chronos's magic is nonexistent atm??

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 29, 2020 00:19:53  #152

I do have some tactics (mind you I'm no professional tactician) but tbh I'm hesitant to say it here since people could see and then counter it and basically cheat. Like how strategists can't let their plans get leaked to others, y'know, if that makes sense.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 29, 2020 01:39:48  #153

Time you did what

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

June 29, 2020 15:45:51  #154

Oh this popped into mind a while ago and Idk if you're okay with it but Yvonne could vaguely predict that there's going to be an attack on the Clocktower ahead of time and warn the rest. Like, not with a whole lot of anticipation but earlier that day she can give an alert.
She has future-seeing dreams to some extent uwu.

Specter

June 29, 2020 15:47:58  #155

Why not just tell me in like, private planning area? Or maybe chat or something?

Time

June 29, 2020 15:48:45  #156

what why would I do that lol
I'm asking everyone.

Specter

June 29, 2020 15:49:14  #157

^^ Specter posted
I'm saying that because I just thought of something too
It's likely even the most powerful mages of the Clocktower will need to pair up at the very least to take on deities
The CDs have an unfair disadvantage lol, in fact they have a lot of those.
So since we know the battlefield kinda ahead of time we can probably try to set up the pairs ahead of time? I'm fairly sure Enochi won't be participating since he wasn't at the meeting, but all other active CDs are pretty much at the meeting, plus Dust and Marx. idk if Marx will be there but the goal for her is just smash her screen as thoroughly as possible and take whatever parts we can there so she has to run away to fix it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 16:26:00  #158

Cool, yeah we can do that.
So what do y'all think about the early alert thing? Imo it would give the Clocktower dudes some time to react and not suffer as many casualties and stuff y'know.

In any case, Yvonne can help defend from inside since she can't really do much in the actual battlefront Ig.

Specter

June 29, 2020 16:56:57  #159

I really support the idea. In fact I was trying to figure out how they could get any advance notice so yeah.
Did you guys have time to go on chat sometime? Maybe if we're lucky even Eliza will be there.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 17:00:42  #160

I can be on chat rn for a while!

Specter

June 29, 2020 17:05:38  #161

Alright, I'll be there

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 17:59:54  #162

Hi I just caught up.
-Time how dare you
-Yes Chronos's magic is gone for the time being until it slowly regenerates (best word I can think of lol). Even if she has some magic back now she can't do anything with it.
-Who's this Nagesh guy and why have I not been told that Chronos is going to have a bodyguard
-Chronos is not going to like this

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

June 29, 2020 18:06:23  #163

I'm pretty sure I told you long before they even had a design, Eliza
I'm sure Chronos would like dying worse than having a bodyguard tsk tsk

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 18:15:09  #164

Not the dying part just the she's so powerless somebody has to protect her. She's used to having enough power to protect herself :\

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

June 29, 2020 18:27:13  #165

yeah you just gotta smash Marx's monitor for that.

Sorry, Chronos. But yeah. YOU'RE (and the Clocktower in general) are getting a bodyguard.

Yeah determined pairs, or maybe more, like units, are smart, and would probably be determined.

Time

June 29, 2020 18:55:34  #166

Specter get on chat

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 29, 2020 23:33:43  #167

spookin

Time

June 29, 2020 23:39:08  #168

*makes ghost noises*

I'll get to posting the thread in a while, hopefully lol.

Specter

June 29, 2020 23:53:12  #169

nice yes

thank you specter, very cool.

Time

June 29, 2020 23:59:36  #170

It's posted. UwU.

Specter

June 30, 2020 01:14:51  #171

UwU

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 30, 2020 14:15:01  #172

yes

Time

July 2, 2020 11:21:19  #173

Do y'all mind if I'm incredibly vague with Nagesh's abilities lol? I want to ram my head into a wall at this point and it's basically the last bit left. I need to sketch him with an outfit but I have the appearance done so I can always update if I want, and I have more specific notes on him than I'm showing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2020 11:22:52  #174

I'd say that's okay, since it's not obligatory to be incredibly specific in forms. Just get the important gist down. I'm saying this as a mod Ig .
Let's see what Time and Eliza say.

Specter

July 2, 2020 17:08:40  #175

I agree with Spec, I'm sure Eliza will as well

Time

July 2, 2020 17:11:35  #176

Cool, thanks guys

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2020 22:40:50  #177

Do you guys want to see the mess--I mean form. Of Nagesh?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 3, 2020 00:24:04  #178

sure sure

Time

July 3, 2020 00:27:56  #179

Specter and Eliza never said no so :D here you guys go. Consider this his resume with more information xD.

Name: Nagesh/Nageshu
*Nicknames: The Founder, Shu
Gender: Male physically; he hasn’t caught on to the “gender that you identify with” idea yet, but when he does, it’s unlikely he'll identify with any gender other than his original one.
Pronouns: He/him, They/Them
Sexuality: Straight
Species: Humanoid
*Deity They Work For: He takes direct orders from Time but also works for Chronos. Separately, he’s also planned to work for Rune.

Appearance: Nagesh stands at a solid 1.8894 meters with a fit, husky build and a commanding presence. Physically appearing to be a strong and healthy adult man somewhere in his mid-twenties, he retains ebony, dusky brown skin that has a rich chocolate brown undertone. In contrast, his hair is a light beige (as are his eyelashes and eyebrows) and his eyes are a light maroon, the latter being his feature that sets him apart from most others and only extends in making distinction. For one, his irises and pupils are completely cut off from visibility, leaving only his sclera in view. This feature can usually be masked very easily with an illusion spell but could never be covered by contacts or glasses. In contrast, he does not retain much notability to his hair, though it is well-kempt and glossy, its length extending left and right ever so slightly out to his nape. He does not particularly have bangs but does have a section of hair near the left of his forehead that flows up and then downwards, slightly covering about a third of his left eye by default. His hair is not particularly of any striking quality (e.g. curly, wavy, or straight), though it could be better described as slightly wavy than anything else. Its most prominent quality would be its softness (though it’s not fluffy, either).
He has fairly thick eyebrows (though not even close to bushy thick), vague double eyelids, a fairly tall nose arch, and fairly prominent lips. His left ear is pierced while his right is not, and he has no visible scars on his face, which is somewhere between oval-shaped and heart-shaped, perhaps a bit too lean to be an oval and too round around the chin to be a heart.
While Nagesh doesn’t retain a specific preference for color scheme, he’s very biased towards natural colors. Neon colors? Not for this guy. Preferring to be a bit plainer in terms of attire, the most striking colors he wears is usually a metallic color of some sort or even just a color that contrasts with the rest of whatever scheme he has on that day. Colors he usually stays close to would include gray, black, white, green, blue, moderate orange, a sandy yellow, et cetera. He also likes to keep his attire as comfortable for movement as possible. His criteria isn’t the highest as it depends on the circumstances, but his clothing is mostly of a medieval style. He doesn’t usually wear armor; however, he can choose to wear it without issues of movement and such, implying that he has taken time to adjust to it sometime in the past. He doesn’t particularly wear clothing that adheres with the four seasons, sometimes wearing a lot of layers in the summer and wearing little in the winter.

Personality: Most impressions make it so that Shu is an adult who would seem perfectly responsible and completely capable of fending for himself, someone who would almost seem as if a lone wolf—that he would fare by himself so well that he always stands alone. In reality, he is someone who usually isn’t too far off from others in either sense of distance, whether in how far he’s standing from them or how much they know each other. While not exactly someone who can get along with others right off the bat, he is more like one who slowly gets to fit in and learn about others as they learn about him as well. He tries his best to get along with other entities but does not force the matter, since he is against acting like someone he isn’t and understands that not everyone can get along, not to mention that not everyone can become friends.
For Nagesh, friendships and work aren’t placed all that far apart, so of course he strives to get along with coworkers and his employers as well. He doesn’t believe in working in an environment where people in it don’t know and interact with one another with a genuinely friendly manner at the very least. In fact, he believes that even one person who feels or is left out will shatter the best productivity and efficiency a work environment could have. However, he isn’t one to impose his own set priorities on others, rather expecting/hoping that they set their own and go with their own goals and ways to achieve them. Nagesh is a determined and passionate person who will try to make the circumstances the best they could possibly be, but he is not one to enforce his will on others if he can help it and he tries to remain neutral when he can so that he doesn’t force his views upon others in the first place. He chooses to trust that they know what is best for them and that if they don’t, they will learn in time. Exceptions exist, of course, as they do to everything, but he recognizes that sometimes people of those exceptions need help he cannot provide and would not heed his words in any event anyways.
Shu is a very patient person who remains really calm under duress and stress to the point of it seeming almost to an otherworldly level, and he is never seen angry, rarely even raising his voice due to his emotions. He is also very responsible, somehow managing to usually be where he’s needed in spite of all the things he has to do. He gets his jobs done and done well, and if he can’t do so, he will feel negatively about himself and/or his actions and decisions. However, work isn’t everything to him, and despite some of his robotic “It’s an order” or “It’s my job” remarks, he actually enjoys the work and jobs he does. All such things are the products of his choices, not others’. He is not reasonless or incapable of thinking for himself—far from it, in fact. He views life as it having its own ups and downs and he believes in looking the other way at both the tops and bottoms. This of course goes with work as well. He understands that there may be hard or unpleasant times while he works, but he still tries to go through them the best that he can and look back at it from the future once he’s gone through it already, so that he doesn’t leave behind meaningless regrets.
Nagesh is sometimes said to have a breezy personality, someone who acts confidently and with ease most of the time. Rarely does it seem like he even has his burdens to carry. While not relaxed to the point of being lazy—and in fact, he is so, so far from being lazy—he doesn’t like to be all strung up, and he feels like being excessively gloomy regardless of reason is not beneficial at all either. Shu just tries to take everything as it is, perhaps sometimes a bit more, but not too much if he can help it. He tries to be somewhat cheerful and if he’s unhappy, he tries not to linger upon it for too long. Perhaps someone would argue that he can’t be someone like that considering that Nagesh isn’t a huge talker in comparison to some more talkative and outgoing people with such a personality. Of course, he doesn’t mind conversations of most sorts, such as work conversations and idle chit-chat, so his lack of talkativeness is mostly due to a matter of personal efficiency. While it’s nice to talk with others, his needs before doing so involve watching his surroundings with a critical and analytical eye, in a way most wouldn’t understand. Say, that doesn’t mean he’ll be awkwardly silent for a while and then suddenly jump into a conversation—he can multitask—but it overall means that he just doesn’t put talking on the top of his priority list and it’s unlikely that he’ll really ever talk extensively unless he’s absolutely confident he’s got what he needs down. No matter what, he’s not a silent person.
Besides, it’s pretty undeniable that Shu is a nice and helpful person regardless of how much he talks. Actions speak louder than words, perhaps. He isn’t someone who necessarily tries to do everything for everyone, of course everyone including anyone he doesn’t know, but overall he puts others way before himself. By default, he’s more likely to consider what’s best for the people around him rather than himself or at least the first with more priority. Nagesh hates things such as war and death, and so to say, he would never evoke fights and always hopes and strives for an alternative when applicable. However, he’s not one to avoid fights if they come a’knocking either, instead harboring a sort of conflict inside himself as he partakes in them.
While not someone who will immediately care extensively for someone else right after meeting him/her/them, it’s almost always guaranteed that Nagesh will care for someone’s wellbeing at least if he’s/she’s/they’re/it’s a well-intentioned being and will never turn against someone. If he were ever to work for someone ill-intentioned by some mistake, he wouldn’t backstab them for his own interests and motives, instead choosing to peacefully resign. He tries to keep others’ feelings in mind when he can. However, despite being an arguably outgoing individual, Shu is not an uninhibited one. There are plenty of things he will choose to keep to himself, and he will freely admit that he is uncomfortable with the subject if questioned about it. While he is against lying, he does not spurt out the complete truth to whomever whenever at wherever, usually figuring out what to hold back even if there’s no apparent reason to do so; he does try to be honest whenever he can. Nagesh is also very against drama, which he sees as something that tears people apart to an extent they usually can’t heal over. And while he doesn’t judge others for having a tendency or liking for it, he is not one for extensive physical contact, even finding hugs foreign both as concepts and actions. In the event that someone were to ever approach him with intentions of doing something like hugging, he would be uncomfortable and try to excuse himself.
Shu isn’t really against reasonable chaotic fun and antics by others, though it of course it depends on when it’s happening. During work hours? He probably won’t approve of it. Break time? Sure, spectator mode for him. During a battle? Why are you children doing tha—
Anyways, Nagesh isn’t one to participate in those antics, either. He might remark on them from the sidelines, but he prefers to act in a manner befitting of someone with his sort of mentality and also because he doesn’t think too positively about being so actively distracted.
While some might presume for someone like Nagesh that he is actually withdrawn and shy or dark and evil, that is not the case. His personality that he shows to others is the truthful one that he has, and like any other personality, it has flaws and parts that might not always be positive. For one, Nagesh is a prideful entity who is unlikely to forgive easily once wronged.  He also carries insecurities of his own—for instance, his extensive self-evaluations sometimes throw himself into conflict at times, which could perhaps be said to be a sort of self-consciousness. Shu is also strangely competitive at times, especially with himself. He doesn’t mind losing to others all that much, but he sometimes does have perfectionistic tendencies that make him uncertain about what he’s doing (and if he’s doing something wrong or just not doing it the best way). Also, his sense of humor can be strange—for instance, sometimes he tends to pretend to be like a grandparent to beings he’s fairly close to or remark something stereotypical an old man might say (including quotes from works of who knows how long ago). Last but not least, while he’s pretty good with children, he isn’t a fan of taking care of them since he can’t really do that and adding on to the extensive physical contact thing, he wouldn’t prefer to hold them. So please, no babysitting job for Nagesh.

*Theme Song(s): “Lost It All” by Black Veil Brides, “BURN” by FLOW

Weapons: Mages are usually said to need to have a lot under their belts in order to make sure they’re in the best possible situation, and Nagesh is no different. While not necessarily a master of every weapon-wielding art, he’s proficient in most every weapon, melee or ranged or anything in between, and he can quickly adjust to what he has. However, his usual weapon of choice in fact is just one thing. It’s a sceptre of sorts in its extended forms and more as if a wand in its distended form. Neither has been said to be its default form, so perhaps it could be said to be both. It retains no particular reference to any association, though the end that is commonly held on top has sometimes been said to resemble a serpentine shape. The shape is up to interpretation. While the sceptre is fairly modest in build, it retains specks of gold-like and crystal-like materials throughout its form as well as general symbols, and it cannot be broken. It is linked to Nagesh and cannot be used or wielded by any other person, though it will sometimes allow itself to be held by others. Most of the time, however, there is no reason for such because of its varied length, being able to become small enough for him to fit under his tongue if he really needed to, somehow, without his usual methods of storing it.

Powers: Shu is a highly capable mage who doesn’t particularly seem to specialize in any specific type or form of magic, but according to him, what he does is a type of magic that he has dubbed Abstractedness, and it is very confusing to figure out, at least for the dense narrator it is. Some aspects of it may be used easily while others come at a very high price, just like doing most anything, and there are many parts from many magic origins, some or many undefinable. It does include Abstract Magic, something he does know how to use and uses fairly extensively, and Abstract Magic is something that Abstractedness is sometimes mistaken for. That is incorrect. He is knowledgeable in the magic field, and perhaps it’s better said that his specialty is all of them at varying levels and differences. A fairly special property of Abstractedness is that Shu’s magic can and will be felt by anyone to at least a reasonable extent, even those immune to magic and such, and as his efforts increase and vary, so do the effects as well. It’s usually said that he can bypass immunity and reality through his techniques as an explanation for this. It is also something that cannot be imitated in whole, perhaps making it “unique” because of its overall confusing vagueness.
Nagesh’s magic is so varied in form that what he relies upon is no longer something that can be solidly defined by something from one culture or even a general conglomeration of cultures in the magical world. It is neither mana, chi/qi, nor anything really solidly defined, but he does rely on such sources for specific execution of such respective types of magic. If really generalized, his source of magic may as well be a spiritual world that probably doesn’t even exist wholly.
While most of his applications haven’t been stated or seen at all at this point, he has the ability to unify magic, both that of his own and others. For himself, it means wielding 2 or more types of magic that either aren’t supposed to be put together or complement each other, and for others, it means wielding 2 or more types of magic that may or may not fit the former criteria. There is no specific numerical limit for him for this, and there is usually no specific numerical magic limit for him, rather depending on just how large the contrast and repulsion between the two types are. Obviously, the larger the repulsion, the more effort it takes to control and maintain. Next, he can also enforce parts of reality. For instance, if he enforces realism, he would be able to negate all magic around and in a certain area. On another hand, he could also enforce fantasical elements. However, he could also choose to do both, though the cost would be very high even in a world with both elements intersecting.
Nagesh does physically train to level up his abilities, but what he mostly does is meditate. It takes a lot of time—sometimes up to months—but meditation for him induces several positive benefits and he finds it worthwhile. He prefers this method to destroying training dummies and hitting targets and such, even if he is aware that physical practice is needed to gain more experience. Without constant, consistent practice, he would have never been able to get the level he is at right now.
He also doesn’t just deal with concepts. For instance, he uses runes, scrolls, papers, artifacts, and such when needed. In general, he’s reserved with his abilities, rarely ever using them “in real life” and not pulling out most of his cards even during a hard fight. All in all, it’s very hard to say what he does, but it’d probably be on the wiser end to not underestimate him.

Backstory: His history is one that Nagesh sees as something that he shouldn’t judge this life by.  Nagesh is pretty sensitive about where he came from, usually not open to discussing it from just about anyone. If he were ever ordered to reveal it or even just discuss in further detail, it would be an order he would blatantly deny. The only two components he has really admitted are that he is not from Forengard and that he could may as well be considered ancient by age standards.

*Crush: Nope. Not interested.
Other: Hel

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 3, 2020 14:43:52  #180

Oh cool cool B) he sounds really great!

Specter