HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2021 17:58:53  #361

Re: [@Time, Specter, Eliza, etc.] Clocktower Planning/Chat

Rule #1 of this roleplay is that the CDs will always suck at getting things done, but somehow when they do get things done, people immediately blame the uncorrupted deities, when in truth the uncorrupted deities aren't really allowed to bomb the CDs while they've done nothing so :3

Tbh because of factors like those, I'd personally prefer to say that the "last" deity meeting has not really occurred, and that the CDs are still doing their thing where they do nothing in particular. Mostly because everything was so spontaneous that rationally it wouldn't make sense
For instance, if saying that the last deity meeting happened a few months or a year ago (or whenever it happened to be compared to now when we POVed it), then technically that would mean that the CDs have reeaaally been procrastinating on attacking deity domains. It's at the point where the procrastination completely overrides any deviousness that their planning may have, simply because they really suck at getting anything done

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 11, 2021 22:39:44  #362

I think most of this thread is chatting instead of planning xD

Uncorrupted deities aren't allowed to attack the CDs because we all know they'd destroy the bad guys :D
Maybe the CDs just like to procrastinate xD
I don't really know how the whole CE plot fits into the GGaD timeline (or how the timeline works in the first place lol) so I've been holding back a bit from setting up time-related events happen, especially if it's related to another roleplayer's character. And I can't do this forever xD.

But having an idea of the "timeline" of the TMG plot would really be good. I've been kind of waiting for Time to set the time periods, bc rn that seems to be extremely hazy. It'd help a lot @Time! So just tell me if there's a way I can help.
Maybe it would be a good idea to set out the key events in a visual way and then base more specific times off that?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 11, 2021 22:41:04  #363

And by the way @GalaxE how's the idea of the mini-world thing going? Maybe now that you and the others are in vacations, we can work a bit on it?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 11, 2021 23:34:29  #364

In terms of the TMG plot or whatnot, I haven't been too concerned with the past (which means I have had some concerns, but they're not really on a scale that I feel obliged to voice them out. That's to say, the past is not overly relevant for my characters at the moment). I've been more concerned with the present, especially with the parts that related to the time-scaling that I was talking about. For instance, the longer the present time is scaled, the more it seems like Kiaane just...isn't reviving Ryoo. For Eliza and me, we have a reason to keep her out, because she doesn't have a reason for existence, but for Kiaane, there technically is no material motive for them to be dragging out their actions like this. And you guys know how I don't like it when my characters seem illogical or dumb, at least when they aren't illogical or dumb. (I'm also on a similar vein when it comes to the CD plot timescaling.) So yeah, but even for the TMG plot, it's not that pertinent because it's not like the events of recent were absolutely groundbreaking in terms of mandating me to do anything with my characters.

Which leads me to Specter's question--the answer being that yeah, I've thought about the mini-world idea, but as of right now it's really hard for me to say anything. On another end of a supposed plot, I've developed some more, but I've still been very hesitant about what executing the actual plot might mean, and if it has any meaning at all. I mean, if the world isn't going to be very important, it's not really worth it to develop it, if you get what I mean. The biggest difficulty on that end is that if it's important, then it's definitely going to be much more than just some stepping stone for the guild's development. But if it's not that important, then it seems almost like there's no use to roleplay it at all, and that it would better be fit for writing or something.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 12, 2021 01:32:31  #365

If you guys want an exact timeline of events or whatnot with dates, I can provide one. However, I usually prefer to keep it hazy and don't keep track of time unless if it is really, really required. But however if you want set in stone dates, sure. Though, I prob need to look for/remember events lol.

Like for example, I can you guys refresh me on the mini world idea? I kinda vaguely remember it.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 12, 2021 17:39:13  #366

I'd be okay with keeping it hazy but some sort of timeline would also be pretty cool

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

June 20, 2021 19:07:48  #367

Sorry for the late response; last time I tried my computer crashed.

Honestly I'm slightly confused by the timeline thing? I personally would think that keeping it vague is okay. I would prefer if we got information around how the environment around the guild (setting, including season at which things occurred) was as well as further information on the guild's member's interactions (like rn it sometimes seems like their relationships are new, which in terms of RPing they are but chronologically they technically aren't). Of course, those two things are separated, with one being more easily decided by one person (probably Time) and the other more of a group effort thing. I don't really expect concrete dates and stuff, however. Though ig if certain events happened to be on someone's birthday, then that would mean it'd have a set date.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2021 19:18:18  #368

As for the mini world idea, I've kinda been thinking about it, as I said, which means I'm not sure what parts of the update would be new or potentially problematic in terms of your comprehension (because it'd be out of the blue)
But essentially it's an idea that's supposed to pinpoint the problem of the guild not really having a lot of development right now. It's supposed to show how the guild works, give it more stuff to do, give characters within it time/opportunity to interact, and also it's supposed to be a build-up to the TMG gaining more power. I think I might be the only one who thinks of it in these terms, though.
However, going along with "That's only the way I think," it's also why I said I'm not sure if it's relevant. For me, those things are very important, so I treat the "plot" like it should be a big thing that should be developed a lot. So I overthink on it. But for you guys, I'm not really sure if it's actually important to you and if doing such a plot would even be necessary, if in short it's technically just something like filler and other filler things, like random threads, could just as well fulfill the same purposes.

The "mini world" idea was basically supposed to be a place where the TMG could complete missions and, thus, show us how they really operate. (Or show me, ig, lol.) It's supposed to be a place where the deities have minimal influence, and the scale of events that will theoretically happen there won't be on a scale where the deities feel the need to interfere. I guess it would technically be more of a plot for me than you guys, where otherwise it might just seem like a chain of threads.
I'm...not too sure how to explain it, to be honest. Sorry for the vagueness.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 20, 2021 23:56:26  #369

Oh ok then. Yeah sure we can do some mini-world stuff. Though don't expect a lot of detail from me tbh.

Otherwise, I guess come to me with questions. And I will do my best to answer them, since tbh Idk what exactly to clarify right now.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 21, 2022 21:02:12  #370

I see we haven't posted on this for about a year (or two? Idk there are no years on the timestamps), so time for me to unnecessarily revive it!

This isn't about the Clocktower, though. I don't have any updates from my end on that. For the time being.
Instead, I am here to talk about the TMG-related stuff!
The gist of it is that whatever difficulties I've been facing in development, I've solved it by blaming Kiaane.
Most primarily: Why isn't Ryoo revived yet? Well, in addition to other factors, they can't actually do it yet. Pathetic, right? They can't overturn the laws of the world yet? Smh.
They're working on it, though. It's just up to plot convenience as to when they can actually do so. Trying to figure out how to keep the balance there.

Second, to make the plot idea more malleable or whatever, I have also made that Kiaane's responsibility. Essentially, the Thaohals can participate in it if they choose--because right now it's Kiaane's mess to deal with. Very great. If they don't see any merit in finding what the heck Kiaane has been up to, and then if they don't see any merit in joining in on the chaos, well then, it's just Kiaane's burden. No biggie. Makes sense. Yay.

Third, I also addressed a point that I thought didn't make much sense. I basically took in what Time said about the guild taking in outsiders and made Kiaane's initial entry into the guild less vague. Basically, they're not as close to the guild as I tried to make them initially. In fact, they're not adopted by the guild; they were accepted into it as a kid, sure, but not really adopted (unless you all somehow want that to be the case). So there's that. 
This change was primarily because no matter how talented Kiaane might've been/might be at magic and such, it wouldn't make sense for the Thaohals to have to adopt them to make use of that talent. Adoption feels emotional, but the relationship between Kiaan and the guild overall doesn't seem to be that. And this way, it's a little less costly, too, for the Thaohals. A win-win. 

Let me know if you want specifics or want to roast me or something. I know this post is probably whimsical and general as heck xD yet here I am, hitting the Submit button.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera