GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2023 20:18:30  #841

Re: "We don't know what to name this" - Chat thread for Time and Galaxian

Sorry I completely forgot about the Signups on the top xD I keep forgetting stuff like this lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 27, 2023 13:39:11  #842

Hey, we both forgot something.

I guess that makes us even or whatever?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 9, 2023 13:15:49  #843

xD Saying that feels like cheating, but I'm the one who designed the forum, so I'll let that slide this time. :-P

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 10, 2023 11:47:05  #844

ok ok fine I guess that makes sense.

Time

December 11, 2023 20:19:59  #845

xD Does it?
Gotta love how I keep doing nothing on the forum expansion topic though lol, very neat (and very characteristic)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 11, 2023 20:56:48  #846

I think we don't ever do anything on the form expansion bc the convo fizzles out before we reach a suitable conclusion. Not really on anyone. Moreso we just need a moderator for the conversations.

Time

December 11, 2023 20:59:18  #847

I would "moderate" (you know how I am xD), but honestly, I feel like a forum expansion needs an idea to piggyback off of. Like an RP, for instance, that clearly necessitates an expansion.
'Cause rn it's kinda like "Hey what if we restructured the forum for possible future ideas," if you get what I mean. It's like, and why would we do that? We need a reason to do it beyond hypotheticals.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 13, 2023 04:29:05  #848

You do have a point. There definitely needs to be a strong motive or else it would just be a bunch of open space with not much. Or an injection of inspiration from multiple groups could also do

Time

December 14, 2023 23:21:49  #849

Yeah we gotta get everyone all hyped up somehow, that's the main thing xD
Or technically I could just revamp but ngl the name of the forum is always up there with a question mark next to it.
Maybe I just call it a Nice Little Forum up there in the heading. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 15, 2023 04:39:24  #850

yeah you could just revamp straight up but idk.

I think if you do change the title...
1. it's gonna be tough to adjust seeing that instead of the standard GGaD
2. can you change the address of the forum? Would you?

Time

December 15, 2023 23:28:16  #851

No, I can't change the URL. 
This is why the revamp feels weird. But I did restructure some stuff. I'm not too sure how I like it xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 16, 2023 00:47:31  #852

Wait you already did some restructuring? I haven't noticed yet, lemme double check.

Time

December 16, 2023 00:51:12  #853

It is very subtle. xD
I kinda wanted to keep it vague so I don't accidentally cause a stroke. (I cause enough strokes with the theme changes)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 16, 2023 00:55:22  #854

Oh no wait I subtlely see them

Time

December 16, 2023 01:04:24  #855

xDD good to hear
They good for now? I'm always up to hearing suggestions, they just apparently need to be kinda specific lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 16, 2023 21:01:54  #856

I mean they're pretty minimal so I say they should be fine. I do like you opened up the new spot for just new original rps so we can branch out a bit more

Time

December 16, 2023 22:22:04  #857

Oh yeah. How does it feel being one of the 2 neurotypical people on this forum /j
(the others having strokes in the background)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 17, 2023 04:07:18  #858

I feel like one of the most the most "normal" people here all the time so not much of a difference.

I admit I use the active posts page to see what is mostly active instead of fishing through the categories, so that may play into it too

Time

December 20, 2023 20:54:38  #859

Ofc you'd say that. xD
Dang, and I do a mix of both but am still unbothered whenever I click something wrong. xD Definitely the weird one here.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 21, 2023 00:10:46  #860

wdym I'd say that?

nah I think that's pretty alright

Time

December 21, 2023 00:28:00  #861

The only one on this forum who thinks he's normal and will say so. xD
also the only one who would say that

Anyways how're you doing, how's the playlist looking for Hidden Sails (and how were finals if you don't mind me asking)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 21, 2023 03:46:30  #862

Oh compared to the average human I am definitely not normal. It's just I think compared to the group I think I lean or the more normal side. Hence the quotation marks.

I mean, its been going. I've been trying to find non-vocal tracks. Video Game OSTs tend to be a great source of those, but I don't know the exact effect it would have on a reader since I do know most video game osts tend to be extremly offputing to most non-gamers. Or at least normal people it's mostly off-putting.

Last edited by Time (December 21, 2023 03:47:35)

Time

December 23, 2023 00:06:26  #863

How so? On both ends?
I genuinely think "it's going" is good enough sometimes, but I feel like if I actually said it like that, it'd sound sarcastic. xD
I personally don't find them off-putting, I think. But like you implied there, it depends on what someone is doing. I am probably not normal in this regard either, so I don't know why I'm rambling on. (I think I'm tired lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 23, 2023 18:38:21  #864

Hmmm. Now thinking about it, it may be that I am just on a different path that most other people. Not exactly "normal", nobody really is, but just on a path that isn't as easy to spot. Sorry, but you've stepped on a self reflection trap. You can skip if you like.

I know the stuff I like can be considered weird or niche to the popular crowd. I know that for many things, what I like and what an average person likes does not cross paths. I know this because of trial and error with most people. I'm sure that's enough to explain that half.

As to the other half I think I need a bigger explanation.

For the sake of this explanation, I am taking myself and my interests, and comparing myself to people that I have met that have similar interests. From there, I look through a common pattern in most of them, and that's what I deem, "normal" for such a group.

I notice that I have a lot of differences between what is considered the norm for this group of people. I find that I tend to be much more calm. More logic-oriented, wayyy less loud and chaotic, and possibly a bit more introspective (At least from my perspective, idk what they're thinking). I find the differences are large enough that I tend to dislike common activates from this group, and sometimes even avoid people that are apart of this group. Oftentimes it's just not a good click.

I think a lot of the time people initially evaluate me to be just a normal person the first time they meet me, as I'm the type that's reserved until later down the line, but even then I don't hold traits that would be considered normal for my reference group.

...I realize a better viewpoint could be that I'm not really normal, but even when compared to people with similar interests, I'm not exactly uniform there either... so possibly the opposite of what I am saying? Who knows. If this rambling makes sense, let me know.

*take in note this is me reflecting on the current me. Me in the past does not apply to this reflection and frankly I would want to discard thinking about me in the past as much as I could, lol.

---

Yeah. Fair enough. As long as you're moving. I get that.

I was also going to say that you don't count to that demographic. Though nevertheless I agree that most VG OSTs can fit to most people, its just the context that matters. I suppose I'll have to match the music with the story too which is fun.

Last edited by Time (December 24, 2023 12:52:56)

Time

December 27, 2023 17:57:27  #865

Wdym skip xD. Though I do have to say that since your definition of the "path" you're taking might be more of a personal term or interpretation for you, I can only guess at what you mean there. Are you talking philosophically, or...?
So what I'm seeing is you're looking at hobbies/interests as well as personality? Interesting way of dividing your analysis to be sure. I'm not sure about hobbies, but I think I agree with the more logical component. Humans tend to be very emotional. 
Do you think you've changed a lot since the past? 

Time wrote:

I was also going to say that you don't count to that demographic. Though nevertheless I agree that most VG OSTs can fit to most people, its just the context that matters. I suppose I'll have to match the music with the story too which is fun.

I'm ngl, what demographic are you talking about? Sorry for not getting it xD. Some parts of your post seem a bit general and since my definitions of some concepts definitely vary from yours, I'm kinda confused on some parts. Not that I'm disagreeing, I just dunno what group of people you're talking about.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 28, 2023 04:31:24  #866

I mean like, that people walk different paths of lives, you know? Everyone walks their own path, in some areas, one walks with a lot of people on a shared path, and in other places, that same person takes a far less traveled path. That may be things like occupation, interests, history, whatever.

I notice I tend to identify with interests more than most other things. Though that may be just because that's the first thing I go to instead of checking if there's anything deeper, if you get what I mean?

Also what do you mean about the unsureness concerning hobbies? I understand that what I wrote is probably a jumbled mess, and asking for clarification will lead to even a more cluttered mess, but I'm still doing it.

As to changing as a person, course I have. And thank goodness I did. I don't know how much of that has translated over to my internet presence, but I know for sure irl I have.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm ngl, what demographic are you talking about? Sorry for not getting it xD. Some parts of your post seem a bit general and since my definitions of some concepts definitely vary from yours, I'm kinda confused on some parts. Not that I'm disagreeing, I just dunno what group of people you're talking about.

To be honest, me from the past was likely using the word "demographic" as a general term instead of a specific group. And that sorta group is just people who don't play video games as often or are not used to the often intense, niche, highly contextual, or odd tracks that those OSTs can bring lol

Time

December 28, 2023 15:36:39  #867

Us entering our era of mutual non-comprehension

Oh okay. So we definitely have different definitions of paths or whatever, but that makes more sense. Thank you.

Time wrote:

Also what do you mean about the unsureness concerning hobbies? I understand that what I wrote is probably a jumbled mess, and asking for clarification will lead to even a more cluttered mess, but I'm still doing it.

Nah dw. I just meant I'm not too sure if I would personally categorise people by hobbies. But as you may be able to tell, I don't necessarily connect with people over hobbies IRL. It just has never worked out for me. Worked out real well for our nice lil group though, we all draw and/or write xD. 
I won't ask about what changes because that's kinda personal, but that's interesting. It really goes to show how your perception of yourself is definitely different from what others can see.

Time wrote:

To be honest, me from the past was likely using the word "demographic" as a general term instead of a specific group. And that sorta group is just people who don't play video games as often or are not used to the often intense, niche, highly contextual, or odd tracks that those OSTs can bring lol

I'm starting to get the sense that the reason why you're talking this way is related to at least one of your uni courses xD. 
I'm not gonna lie, I feel like I'm in a weird place when it comes to playing and knowing games. I sometimes listen to soundtracks from other games, but it's usually long after they've released. F/GO has some fire OST though xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2024 15:17:05  #868

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Nah dw. I just meant I'm not too sure if I would personally categorise people by hobbies. But as you may be able to tell, I don't necessarily connect with people over hobbies IRL. It just has never worked out for me. Worked out real well for our nice lil group though, we all draw and/or write xD. 
I won't ask about what changes because that's kinda personal, but that's interesting. It really goes to show how your perception of yourself is definitely different from what others can see.

​I went to hobbies, but I believe past me may have been thinking in the way of how groups often work. Nerds usually hang out with nerds, and jocks usually hang out with jocks. There are obviously people that fit in more groups than one, but usually these groups have one unifying interest or interests. They also may have similar personalities.

Oh yeah. I know how I think I am and how people actually perceive me are two very different things. There are so many things I don't say, and most people only see one or two sides of me. But I feel like this is applicable to everyone.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm starting to get the sense that the reason why you're talking this way is related to at least one of your uni courses xD. 

Actually I did not. At least not in recent memory.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, I feel like I'm in a weird place when it comes to playing and knowing games.

I still think you fall into the same area. But when you say you're in a weird place, is it that you don't play a lot of games, but there is a lot of other games you pay attention to?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I sometimes listen to soundtracks from other games, but it's usually long after they've released. F/GO has some fire OST though xD

It is similar for me. I don't really try to keep up with the big new releases. Most of the games I play right now are a few years old.

Anyways, care to recommend a few tracks?

Last edited by Time (January 2, 2024 15:17:26)

Time

January 2, 2024 16:48:33  #869

Time wrote:

I went to hobbies, but I believe past me may have been thinking in the way of how groups often work. Nerds usually hang out with nerds, and jocks usually hang out with jocks. There are obviously people that fit in more groups than one, but usually these groups have one unifying interest or interests. They also may have similar personalities.

Oh okay, I see. This is interesting, 'cause that implies that maybe social groups are categorised more neatly where you are compared to where I've been. I've never really been able to find the jock crowd, though ig the closest I've found so far is my school's gym. But people there are very chill. We're all NPCs to each other. 
I think it's interesting how gender (another social group classification) plays into this too, along with other demographic stuff like age, ethnicity, etc.

Time wrote:

Actually I did not. At least not in recent memory.

Maybe it's what you've been reading then? xD

Time wrote:

It is similar for me. I don't really try to keep up with the big new releases. Most of the games I play right now are a few years old.

In my case I don't even know xD. Plus Sky just hammered in the fact that I probably can't play most genres of games anyways, I'd just get nauseous from them. Sad lol.

Time wrote:

Anyways, care to recommend a few tracks?

Of course. I took a bit of liberty with "a few" because I wanted to find somewhat of a variety, but ngl, the selection is very biased because of the "a few" limitation xD. If there's a specific type of OST you'd like to hear, just let me know and I'll go looking. I really do think Fate doesn't miss with its music. 

Grand Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8129MgPeqU
BB Channel (S.E.R.A.P.H. event final boss theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xB7Fw96NQI
Absolute Demonic Front, Babylonia (map theme of the 7th Singularity): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6mZSCawus
The Ravaging Myth (boss theme of Gorgon from the Babylonia Singuarity): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06VYmoeC-g
Witch Trials (Salem): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLRKSulqNk
A Day of Raining Tears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFsfIbrNMo
Coronation (Arc 2 Lostbelt 6 map & trailer theme): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyjubFHS18

I hope you like these :D, I think these are some of my favorites lol. But I have a lot of favorites.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 5, 2024 04:09:09  #870

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Oh okay, I see. This is interesting, 'cause that implies that maybe social groups are categorised more neatly where you are compared to where I've been.

Eh, I suppose? I mean, I think by the time one is in college those sorts of things start to disperse and become less relevant. But still I feel one can look at a person and generally tell what crowds they'd be involved in normally. Though to add to that, of course loads of people will have surprising facts about them you wouldn't be able to get unless if you got to know them.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Maybe it's what you've been reading then? xD

Idk where I got it from. I think I was just trying to be concise or smth.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

In my case I don't even know xD. Plus Sky just hammered in the fact that I probably can't play most genres of games anyways, I'd just get nauseous from them. Sad lol.

unfortunate (skill issue)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Of course. I took a bit of liberty with "a few" because I wanted to find somewhat of a variety, but ngl, the selection is very biased because of the "a few" limitation xD. If there's a specific type of OST you'd like to hear, just let me know and I'll go looking. I really do think Fate doesn't miss with its music.

I was thinking about all of these and I thought that they all sound so grand... and then I realized the title of the game. Of course it's grand. My favorite out of the bunch was probably Day of Raining Tears. Simplistic, yet still gets across it's message.

Are the songs you put up general tracks? Or were they all used for special situations?

Last edited by Time (January 5, 2024 04:21:03)

Time

Board footera