HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 20, 2022 13:37:23  #661

Re: "We don't know what to name this" - Chat thread for Time and Galaxian

Actually as I was sending that I was about to go to bed, but yeah, timezones.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 20, 2022 17:24:34  #662

I was trying to do the most stuff possible so some other bad stuff wouldn't catch up, but I also have a splitting headache now so I guess it didn't work
Happy traveling!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 20, 2022 18:47:28  #663

Yeah, thanks.

Galaxian I know you're busy and all and there's a lot of things revolving around in your world, so just, I hope everything sorts out for you. If you need to take some time off for more important priorities, go right ahead. Though I do understand coming to the forums since it's a place to talk with online friends.

Still nonetheless, we'll be here to help out if need be. I just hope and worry if you are faring well and stuff.

Time

August 20, 2022 22:33:07  #664

Thank you. Like I said, I think some of you guys (and many others out there) probably go through worse, so I'm trying to keep that in mind. But your words are valued by me, and I can't emphasize how much value they have. You probably think you keep saying the same things over and over again, but I always appreciate the concern. So, I appreciate you saying that no matter what. 
You're right. You guys being here motivates me a lot to try my best in what I do and to try not to be a huge downer all the time. I don't think I do the best job at the latter at the moment, but I'll try to improve. I hope that someday I can be as inspiring as you all. In the meantime, I'll try to be somewhat productive. And for you, if there's anything going on in your life, I hope you'll be comfortable enough to talk about it too. Let me know if there's anything you need help with or want. And thanks for your friendly and kind words, as always.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 21, 2022 21:57:24  #665

Yeah. Thanks for your kind words as well.

Time

August 21, 2022 22:08:17  #666

:D.
Oh, by the way, I did want to ask you something character-related before I chicken out again. Specter and I were doing a thread on the wiki that was intended to include Helen, but Rune went completely inactive and thus put the thread on hold. My character, Manai, had referred to a "friend" (she/her pronouns, but that can be overlooked easily) who would join them at the place they were going to visit, a museum. So, I was wondering if you would be interested in having one of your characters (maybe female, but just anyone in general could work as long as they fit some loose criteria) be that character she was referring to? I'd thought of Lydia and Heaven, but really anyone you want to use works. And if you're too busy at the moment for too much roleplaying (especially given the return of Ishmael and Russet), that thread will probably be prolonged for a while due to Specter's inactivity as well. Oh, and I guess there might be some extra roleplaying too in terms of how Manai and your character met, just for your consideration.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 04:31:33  #667

Oh sure, I'll lock in Lydia for that. She too is a winged girl! She also needs some character relationships as well.

I'd just need some context about the museum and I'll be down to do some extra rp for how they met.

Time

August 22, 2022 04:32:50  #668

Yep. Yessiry. I'm down for that. The more life to the forum, the better!

Time

August 22, 2022 14:37:12  #669

For these threads, I have to say that Manai isn't really the most "useful" person to know. In terms of plots, if you ever plan to involve Lydia in them (though I'm guessing you'd have to go through Neer first lol), she probably won't be able to help much.
That being said, I'm real happy about you saying yes! :D I really like Manai; she's just so wholesome lol. 
There isn't much I've defined about the museum, other than that it has 6 sections to it. I don't remember any history I already defined for it (it's been almost 2 years lol, it was made in late 2020), but iirc it wasn't the biggest museum. My biggest worry for the group thread is that I'm really bad at settings, as you know, but timeskips exist, and hopefully I can improve in that aspect. (You actually followed the initial thread iirc, xD.) I'm mostly relying on Manai to keep things going, to be honest.

Looking back at the actual thread, the sections were described as being fairly typical, with "nature and fossil things" (sorry, I wasn't the one who described them lol). They're also described as not being too big, so the group can probably go through at least half of the exhibits there. I kept that open so that we could decide as roleplayers which sections our characters would be most interested in so I could proceed to fail at roleplaying even more. I was thinking that in the middle, they could take a meal break at one of the restaurants inside the museum.

Also I'm seeing Manai ask if Lydia'd be able to tell a demon apart from normal humans lolol
The more important question is what would Lydia like as a snack? The other two are getting a snack, and chronologically speaking, Manai and Lydia would have met by now, so she'd be able to guess what Lydia would like to an okay level of accuracy. I'm currently just going off of nothing and guessing maybe a colorful popsicle lol, or crackers. I don't remember what museums serve up as snacks so I have a bit of time to try to get creative with museum theming

That being said! They gotta meet first. Where do you think Lydia could be found? Do you want Neer to be there too? I know that he's protective over his sister, so I'd like Manai to not inadvertently kidnap his sister. Manai is connected with Nagesh somewhat, so Nagesh could be a point of connection. Though, truthfully speaking, I'm leaning more towards their meeting being more by chance at first, since those just seem more fun or something, I dunno.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 02:43:41  #670

It doesn't really matter that much on her plot relevance. Just more relationships might be good for her. I think they could get along well. They're around the same age and from what I saw in the wiki, she seems nice. Though it should be noted I really just skimmed her wiki page atm.

In all honesty, I don't remember me following any thread related to that stuff lol. But I'm sure Lydia would be very interested in that nature stuff.

For demon things, I don't think Lydia can tell that stuff. Why ask though??

As to foodstuff, uhh yeah sweets are a good choice.

If Lydia was to be alone, it probably be out somewhere in the wilderness. So I'd be down for that too. I should actually show that sometimes Lydia does has some rebelliousness against Neer at times. Also as of the moment I'm not too familiar with the relations between Nagesh and stuff like that. On the notion of kidnapping btw I do remember that Lydia was supposed to be apart of a plot where she's hunted by a wings collector.

Time

August 23, 2022 11:12:18  #671

Friendships are always nice in my view, I just dunno if others share that view xD.
Just saying this in advance, I hecking love this group's height differences lol.

Good. xD
Let's just say they had a weird taxi driver and leave it at that, since I'd really prefer you not read the initial thread. It's not too bad, there are just some iffier portions xD.

Yay!
I'm not surprised, seeing as she is in her mid-teens now (though idk if it's called mid-teens). I just didn't want her to disappear on a...a, uh. A museum trip. If there's a character I don't want getting held at gunpoint, it's Manai lol. She would not deserve it.
Yeah, Chinami does seem to have a thing where she keeps meeting prosecuted winged people (:
I'll try to think about what Manai would be doing out in the wilderness, since that's more Nagesh and Xolani's thing. I think I should probably keep it simple though, both for simplicity's sake and also the sake of my mind being absolutely fried.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 13:16:50  #672

Give me the height differences

Honestly, I wouldn't even be able to find it on the wiki

Nah, where would Manai be normally spotted?

Last edited by Time (August 23, 2022 13:17:49)

Time

August 23, 2022 13:53:09  #673

Specter's character is 5' 11'' (almost 6'), Manai is around 5' 8'' (though she might be a little shorter than that, idk yet), and Lydia is like 5' xD she smol
Yeah, mood. That place is a mess and finding things is such a hassle. I barely have the patience for it most of the time xD
No worries about it. Manai can be seen pretty much anywhere, though so far she's relegated herself more to the Medieval and Modern Sects than the Cyber Sect (and other ones, if they exist). It's not like it's OOC for her to be in nature, just that she's usually somewhere near more people, like in suburbia and cities. I can't really pinpoint her possible locations to one place, so we're all good :D. It's just that she doesn't usually get too close to danger as of the moment.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 16:40:49  #674

Yeah she short.

Actually who is Spec's character?

Time

August 23, 2022 21:21:25  #675

Laurie! She's a very nice young woman too, though as I've implied she's less sociable as well, so I suspect Manai may have to hold up the group interactions

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 24, 2022 00:37:16  #676

Oh yeah I've heard of her, I just am not too familiar with her.

Time

August 24, 2022 00:53:24  #677

Yeah, I don't think she's interacted with characters outside of the Alternate before. But hopefully this'll rectify that :D
Do you think it'll be good for Lydia and Manai to just meet, or do you think we need to plan some things out first?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 24, 2022 20:34:50  #678

Yeah I haven't really heard anything about alternates, tbh.

Hmmm... maybe lets try to just run something without planning.

Time

August 25, 2022 00:35:46  #679

Wait, I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Sure, but if I suck at everything then it's your fault xD. Would you like to make the thread?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 25, 2022 00:47:30  #680

like I don't know much about the Alternate

Actually nvm maybe we should do a tiny bit of planning lol

Time

August 25, 2022 00:57:19  #681

Ah, well probably that's because they're not a very public group. Nagesh could be said to be the face of it and even he keeps a low profile on that end. It's a very fun group though. Or, I guess, "fun" as in, very chill, somewhat morally stable, and very friendly. Would you be interested in adding to it? (:?? (also yes this is just shameless advertising lol)

Whyy? ): Why not let me pin the fault of my incompetence on you? ))):
To be honest, I dunno what really to plan. I think my primary concern is Lydia walking off or Manai coming across too strong, if that helps? Do you have any questions/comments/concerns that could help with "planning"?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 25, 2022 01:35:11  #682

Is it simply a group? No specific goal or them being different/special or something like that? All I knew is that Nagesh had some sort of part in it and that's it.

No it's just I was kinda wondering to what they'd do as well. Though maybe Manai should def take a slower approach. I feel like Lydia's current social status is that she's more or less a shut in.

Time

August 25, 2022 03:18:45  #683

Well, I don't know how to define special in this case, unfortunately, but I can try to describe some things about them. The Alternate as a group is defined by flexibility in its workings. It tries to give as much freedom as possible to its members, potentially because, really, the only consistent goal all of them have is to "find purpose in their current life." As you might imagine, that is an objective that is up to individual interpretation, which reflects an emphasis on the individual rather than the group. Generally speaking, the Alternate is intended to be more of an open group, with its members being able to operate independently while still having access to a support system that they can use if they so wish. As such, it could better be described as a support pillar than an organization revolving around immediate action or some group objective.
In roleplay terms, the group is set up so that connections are less likely to be overemphasized. The respect that each group member has for the others means that if an Alternate has defined their purpose relating to some objective and wishes to partake in it alone, the others will not interfere in what they do, no matter how dangerous of a situation they may be placing themselves in to achieve their objective. That being said, if they do want support, then they're likely to have access to a solid backing of their plan of action. In other words: An Alternate has a chance to explore what they want life to mean for them. They can do so while retaining connections (of any scale) to the other group members or mostly disregarding those connections, and they can freely establish new relationships with others outside of the group. Subsequently, they can have their own character exploration and arcs without overstated connections to others in the group, and it is entirely possible that any plot that one Alternate member is involved in will not affect the others at all, allowing for less awkwardly timed effects (emotionally or physically) reverberating throughout the group unnecessarily. All in all, I think it's a very nice group to be part of, with little downside that I can see. Maybe it's not the most drama-filled or morally complex or whatever, but if I were a character, I'd personally be more inclined to join them. So, would recommend (?), or whatever one calls it when they view something positively without actually having experienced it.

Sorry if that was overly rambley. I probably should go to bed. I just couldn't keep it short without sounding like I was actively discouraging you from asking lol.

----

I was getting those vibes for sure. Maybe Neer's too good at protecting her, huh.
I guess they could always just conversate. xD Maybe Manai could ask Lydia about the birds in the area or something. And then they could look at some birds. I could fail at narrating birds because I don't know enough about them. And hopefully I don't accidentally steer the conversation towards endangered animals. What else? Uhh. 
Oh! Manai could treat Lydia to ice cream! (Sorry lol, POVing Lianhuan just kinda has this effect.) I feel like I keep wanting to do that idea but (: it is something to do. Or maybe they could make ice cream together. Lydia could make a Medieval Sect version, and Manai could make a Modern Sect version. And then they could share! After I fail at remembering actual ice cream recipes, that is.
Somehow I can make all my ideas sound boring xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2022 02:09:37  #684

Hmm. Interesting. Yeah that sounds cool. I do have a character in the works, but idk if she fits the bill. If im getting this right, it's essentially a group of people who all have separate goals, but will help each other out if requested?

Nah. It's just a few ideas, so that's good. I feel more or less them meeting up will be rocky no matter what we do. Unless if we do something like a high stress situation (aka angst)

Time

August 26, 2022 03:04:54  #685

On behalf of the group, I gotta say thanks xD.
That's right.
That post was directed more towards how the group functions, so I guess I can elaborate briefly on how members are selected. Generally speaking, most of them met unfair ends to their past life (and I say "most" because not all of them died, necessarily), which is why this one is meant to be focused on a sense of meaningfulness. Also generally speaking, their alignments tend to be good, or at the very least, they have good intentions at heart (and have some common sense, so those "good" intentions aren't horribly warped). But most of the "selection" process is more dependent on the individual and the world they knew in the past, which I like to think fits with the group's general workings.
Also, obligatory :eyes:

Just saying, I don't want to angst Manai (: she does not deserve it, and furthermore, it feels like Lydia is probably not protected well from angst at the moment
Personally I am of the opinion that Manai in-canon (acting as herself without me having to figure it out) would probably make it so that their interaction will be smoother than one would think, but since I'm not as socially adept as her I can't guarantee that.
I also just thought that they could talk about books, but lol I haven't read a physical book in a very long time oof

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2022 19:01:49  #686

Oh so most of them are reincarnations that are aware of it? With mostly a good alignment?

Yeah dw I can imagine it going smoothy. No angst needed either. They can talk about books yeah. But I haven't read physical books in a long time either. I feel like lets just run it, and see how it gos. It's clear that we (basically just you) have some ideas we can run by and improv.

Time

August 26, 2022 20:44:41  #687

I'm not sure if reincarnation is defined differently, but I'd say "revival" instead. They're the same people, with the same personalities. It's just that some of them are starting on a "blank slate" in terms of memories of what happened in their lives, though they have a good base of knowledge for Forengard and how things work in this world. 
Essentially, they're not the same souls in different bodies. They're still the same people they were, just with no memories of what they experienced (though there are exceptions). It's kinda hard to explain why this is achievable lol.
However! You could make a reincarnated character if you'd like. That might be interesting. :D Variety is great! It's just that we would probably have to figure a reason (or you, really) why they'd be reincarnated rather than just revived. There'd definitely be something going on on that end.

My ideas are bad, so I'll try to let you know if I feel like we're getting stuck. Please do that on your end as well; I don't want things to get too awkward, haha.
So...going back to the question I'd asked. Did you want to make the thread? Or shall I? Hint: I'm bad at starting threads. xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 27, 2022 03:20:42  #688

Ok so it's that they're revived and they don't know as to why because they don't know their past? And their goals all vary? Some might be interested and are actively trying to find their past, while others aren't?

I'm pretty sure we'll feel it if we're getting stuck. The awkwardness starts to reach a quite noticeable level. But I can make it. I'll do it sometime tmrw.

Time

August 27, 2022 15:55:04  #689

Oh no, I'm pretty sure most of them know why they were revived. It was made pretty clear. There is a possibility of someone's memories being lost in the process when they were intended to keep them, and they could then formulate their purpose around finding those again if you're interested in that, but most of the group seems to agree on the point of not dwelling on the past and moving on. And yes, their goals tend to vary since they see life from different perspectives, though some of them actually don't have a goal yet (and that's completely fine as well). 

Yeah, but I like others pointing it out rather than me having to ask xD. The latter is just really awkward for me haha.
Thank you in advance! :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 28, 2022 02:15:31  #690

Oh shoot this is really late but I was meeting up with others irl and I forgot all about the thread. Sorry about that

Time

Board footera