GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2021 21:53:46  #2821

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

Remember that thread on the forums where Galaxian was playing a flute horribly, and Eliza came in shrieking, and Silverskies had an existential crisis while not being able to leave

I find it funny that a goddess with so many demigod children from different men would instead have an existential crisis from a 7-year-old-looking god playing the flute

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 1, 2021 22:01:56  #2822

Forum!Galaxian and forum!Echo need fresh friendship headcanons; the ones I have are more like GGaD!Galaxian and old forum!Echo
Too bad I can't understand forum!Galaxian very well, huh (:
Anyways I need to talk to real Echo about it sometime, ig. I will forget and I'll laugh after seeing this post 5 years later
But I can't do it today or until I finish homework in general, or else the weekend will be suffering.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 1, 2021 22:08:12  #2823

Forum!Hitan annoying the heck out of forum!Silence kinda gives me life
Which leads us to the topic of: I have a problem with deriving my life entirely out of my characters either being fluffy (which is the non-problematic part) or annoying (which is the problematic part)

I feel like one time she pulled out a sword on him though (or whatever has been re-designed for her--she used to have a sword lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 1, 2021 22:25:41  #2824

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Forum!Galaxian and forum!Echo need fresh friendship headcanons; the ones I have are more like GGaD!Galaxian and old forum!Echo
Too bad I can't understand forum!Galaxian very well, huh (:
Anyways I need to talk to real Echo about it sometime, ig. I will forget and I'll laugh after seeing this post 5 years later
But I can't do it today or until I finish homework in general, or else the weekend will be suffering.

-Galaxian-

owo

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Your Local Hektor Enthusiast
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 1, 2021 22:26:25  #2825

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Which leads us to the topic of: I have a problem with deriving my life entirely out of my characters either being fluffy (which is the non-problematic part) or annoying (which is the problematic part)

I feel like one time she pulled out a sword on him though (or whatever has been re-designed for her--she used to have a sword lol)

-Galaxian-

I think her current design uses throwing knives but tbh I'm probs gonna design her some kind of elegant sword

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 1, 2021 23:26:45  #2826

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Bruh autocorrect keeps wanting to change Paymon to payment

While Xenia did more of an "owo," Wiley said (along these lines), in a Xenia voice, "Of course, because he was all the payment she needed in her life," which made her grin and blush a bit, but mostly I'm concerned because wHY ARE YOU FLIRTING TOWARDS A MARRIED MAN FOR HIS WIFE, WILEY????

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 1, 2021 23:28:57  #2827

Echo wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

I think her current design uses throwing knives but tbh I'm probs gonna design her some kind of elegant sword

Lol down to zero we go~ (this is a reference)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 1, 2021 23:34:54  #2828

Thanks to Specter, my mind is now in hardcore angst mode for Xenia and Paymon
ALSO ONE OF THE CHANNELS I'M SUBSCRIBED TO LITERALLY JUST UPLOADED A THEME SONG FOR XENIA (idk if it'd work for Paymon) 
IT'S ANGSTY JSDFIOSDJFIOSDJF
If I translate it'll be if Specter or someone wants it, and if I do translate I expect replies because I am brat (:
Still might not do it because I'm not 100% sure the entire song fits for her btw.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 1, 2021 23:36:29  #2829

oh yeah I want

Specter
My heart's hopeful for
The light we'll be facing soon
Playing happy melodies
Under the glowing moon
✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

September 1, 2021 23:37:22  #2830

I like how Kokumajutsu called Galaxian a brat and I've identified as one ever since, along with mostly a mistake, a fool, et cetera

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 01:54:59  #2831

I feel like in Japanese Wiley introduces himself as "Wiley-san" just to weird out any Japanese speaker
He got somewhat of a reaction from Rai the first time so he just keeps on doing it. You either make it or you break it, and Wiley looooves breaking things

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 05:12:58  #2832

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

oh yeah I want

Me too

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 2, 2021 17:35:08  #2833

You guys will get translations before 2024

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 19:03:13  #2834

On the Mamba's original form (April 2019) I said that "the Catamount calls him something but that is currently undecided" and my mind now asked, "Is it 'idiot'?" xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 19:09:30  #2835

Reading through old forms
I accidentally typed "speed of light" as "light of speed" and somehow didn't catch it during my 5+ times proofreading so that's fun
Also I can imagine Akuma chucking high-heels at enemies, which is kinda funny I'm ngl

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 19:10:18  #2836

My interpretation of June 2019 Galaxian was: I talked like Time, except with longer sentences and slightly different word choice

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 19:26:56  #2837

The other day I saw a comment on Lianmei from CYXY3000H that's very fitting imo for my view on the connection between villains and tragic backstoies, so here it is
"Yes, she has a sad backstory, but I see others having both parents dead, their homes destroyed, and their lives in utter ruin, and I don't see them being the screwed-up evil one"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 20:31:01  #2838

I nearly forgot which form I was looking for in the first place to go into the message in the first place lol
I guess my form-making abilities have improved a little, but only in retrospect

Another reminder for myself to write stuff for Fate!Sunny

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 20:33:43  #2839

Fun fact about Kiaane: If they lived in the Americas of the real world during a time where slavery was still going on, and they enjoy coffee as they do in GGaD, they would stop buying from places that used slaves/treated them badly
In GGaD, they make their own coffee most of the time, but I guess they don't mind getting it from somewhere else.
Of course, even slavery wasn't as cut-out as one would think, so Kiaane would have different courses of action depending on certain factors. I don't feel like showing my own lack of judgment and rationalization, though, so I'll leave it at that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 22:09:34  #2840

Fun fact: Kiaane smuggles people into the Thaohals' place once in a while. They're only allowed to stay in Kiaan's room, but Kiaane goes to get food for them (which is why sometimes Kiaan weirdly appears almost right before meal time is over, when usually they just forget to eat). This usually happens during the winter instead of the summer, and sometimes the people are foreign to the area
Kiaane doesn't tell the Thaohals 'cause they feel like that what they do isn't exactly something that would be smiled upon, and the people they take in can't pay fees or whatever some Thaohals would request.
Canonically, these people haven't been discovered before, and I'm only making it canon because I feel like it's better to avoid hot water when it comes to Kiaane and their character.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 22:22:03  #2841

This YouTube comment
"When the doctor says you have 2 weeks to live so you kill him and the judge gives you 60 years"
reeks so much Mamba energy,,, I can't--

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 23:32:35  #2842

These forms are making me feel like there was a period of time where I turned Lawful Neutral in moral alignment and I didn't realize it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 00:21:53  #2843

I like to imagine that Flowey is Aereon and the other three(?) are Chronos...and hopefully others from the Clocktower

Punishment for reviving the majority of the Thaohals and continuing her existence as a ghost (:

Wonder if Chronos could actually get past any feelings of resentment she has to do this instead though. Just turn Aereon into a flower that resembles a flower in a video game world and play "Baku baku nya nya" 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 00:27:26  #2844

GGaD's Thaohals: (*exist*)
GGaD's Thaohals: we like money
HPA Sunny's and Sollux's family, whatever the heck their surnames are: ALLOW US TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 00:29:09  #2845

Context: YouTube keeps asking me if I want to stop working my 9-5 job and am too lazy/too much of a coward to start my own business in the form of ads of people who are either too fake about their excitement or too obnoxious about it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 01:50:31  #2846

ANGSTING MYSELF AT 1 A.M.
but I'm actually writing down cool angsty stuff so it's (*mimes Ryuunosuke*) COOOOOL

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 02:29:04  #2847

Translation is about to come in, after I format it and review it again.
Took me a while to decide whether I want to be a jerk or a team player for once. You'll see my decision soon.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 02:52:01  #2848

“不论" ("No Matter What") -
                                                                    [Xenia's theme song
                                              {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwY2THkJcbk}

秋月落水枯叶下坠
美的很零碎
The autumnal moon falls into the water and rotting leaves descend,
A beautiful scene in a shattered way.
风把窗推 铃声尖锐
我心事清脆
The wind pushes against the window as a sharp ringing sound sounds,
and what is in my heart is clear and pure. 

相思药一味 食之入髓
惟有你能解围
I have downed a medicine of lovesick longing that can only be cured by you.
又一季轮回 度一年岁
我在等你归
The cycle of seasons passes again, signaling a year’s passing,
and I am still waiting for your return. 

如果说墨守陈规还是如饮醇酒那般易醉
One could warn that this is only stubbornly clinging to what has always been,
Or something that intoxicates as easily as a strong drink, 
有些以为 事与愿违
也甘被碾碎
But I think that even if destiny will always counter desire,
I’m willing to be ground to dust by that fate. 

我与你不论 是与非 错还是对
For you and me, it doesn’t matter whether something is or is not, or is right or wrong,  
爱一回
Because we have spun a story of love together.
倘若爱注定 岌岌可危 无法支配
也不悔
So even if love itself is fated to be forever treacherous and turbulent, 
There is nothing I will ever regret. 

我与你不论 喜与悲
If it’s you and me, joy and sorrow don’t matter,
即使注定了遗憾结尾
我不后退
但求再次相遇 都对情无愧
So even if the conclusion to the story is a regretful one, I won’t retreat.
I only pray that if we meet once more, we will both harbor no regrets towards our love.

如果说墨守陈规
还是如饮醇酒那般易醉
One could warn that this is only stubbornly clinging to what has always been,
Or something that intoxicates as easily as a strong drink, 
有些以为 事与愿违也甘被碾碎
But I think that even if destiny will always counter desire,
I’m willing to be ground to dust by that fate. 

我与你不论 是与非 错还是对
For you and me, it doesn’t matter whether something is or is not, or is right or wrong,  
爱一回
Because we have spun this story of love together.
倘若爱注定 岌岌可危 无法支配
也不悔
So even if love itself is fated to be forever treacherous and turbulent, 

我与你不论 喜与悲
即使注定了遗憾结尾
我不后退
但求再次相遇 都对情无愧
So even if a conclusion to the story is a regretful one, I won’t retreat.
I only pray that if we meet once more, we will both harbor no regrets towards this love. 

我与你不论 是与非 错还是对
爱一回
Because we have spun this story of love together.
倘若爱注定 岌岌可危 无法支配
也不悔
So even if love is fated to be forever treacherous and turbulent, 

我与你不论 喜与悲
即使注定了遗憾结尾
我不后退
但求再次相遇 都对情无愧
So even if a conclusion to the story is a regretful one, I won’t retreat.
I only pray that if we meet once more, we will both harbor no regrets towards this love. 

~~~~~~~

Some mandatory translation notes, just like how I talk too much on my art thread.
On the title: It would be more directly translated to "No Matter," but I felt that that would seem more like "I Don't Care," which is kind of funny but not what I'm going for. So, I translated it to what fits and is closest, even if it might not be the best in my opinion for an English title.
On translation, I translated it very flexibly. That's to say, I did things like translating proverbs into a context that is understandable in English (e.g. "this is only stubbornly clinging to what has always been" is the definition of a proverb [as I see it], which is what is actually used in the song), making sentences structured like a paragraph instead of a song (especially for Chinese, which specializes in using fragments in songs), and generally because I was thinking of Xenia, certain word choices are geared more towards her story rather than the one the song originally tells (which I have no knowledge about otherwise, by the way). 
Anyways, I feel like I might have improved in translation skills, which means either this song was easy, I actually improved, or I actually got worse.

Outside of translation notes, here's the verdict. I'll be both a jerk and a team player (at least I'll attempt to be the latter, lol. It comes harder than the former). If you wish to, then comment or write down your interpretation of the song, something like that. I'm interested in hearing things like what scene you envision from the translation, what you feel Xenia might be like as a character, what sort of story Xenia and Paymon had, stuff like that. You don't need to get deep, but I would prefer to know if the song fits for her and what others might think about the song/herself.  That's the jerk part! Then, for the team player part, if I get some comments, I can try to compile my thoughts on the song and what it means. Then, I'll also try to go discuss with Specter some canon details that are relevant to this song because :') yes, Xenia and Paymon have existed for only a while and I suck at coordinating with others.
That's it! Hope you had fun reading the song as I translated. Wonder if you were angsted (:, 'cause if so then mission accomplished both by the songwriters and the translator here.  Hehe.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 3, 2021 13:01:15  #2849

Ok so I've read and got angsted immediately lol. I guess it's my imagination at work. Because I'm thinking, the lyrics sound like they're from Xenia's PoV, and they sound genuine. And it's just that what gets me, that while the love expressed in the lyrics was something very real, it got cut off in life and not by choice. If that makes sense lol. It's a very bittersweet feeling. That, it feels like it's true love, not just infatuation or something similar, for she's willing to go through the rest of life with her husband despite the hardships.
I don't know if it's because the words are from a song but the lyrics make me think of Xenia as a poetic and passionate person hehe. And definitely a devoted woman. There are other traits I can think of, such as hopefulness, truthfulness, and realism. It also seems that Xenia is observant and admires the beauty of nature, in a poetic way ofc.
Also, I think the lyrics kind of hint at her relationship with Paymon. A lot of the song looks like it's something Xenia is expressing from her feelings, and then there's the part (according to your translation) that says "we have spun this story of love together", and really I think it shows that the love which is the topic of the song is not one-sided.
The last part in the second stanza does make me wonder some things, like, is she waiting for her husband? Or maybe for something else? And if she is waiting for Paymon, then what happened to separate them like that? If that's the case, then I think it's really sweet that Xenia's love remains untouched.
Oh and the last part of the third stanza (which repeats itself later in the song too) hits hard lol I think it's the part that made me feel the angst the most, for some reason.

Y'know, I kind of feel like the song merits some kind of "response" lol but I don't have any songs for Paymon, so :').
Also sorry this isn't long enough. There's more thoughts, but I can't type everything out without forgetting another part xD. At least this is the gist and most important parts.

Specter
My heart's hopeful for
The light we'll be facing soon
Playing happy melodies
Under the glowing moon
✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

September 4, 2021 02:44:26  #2850

No other responses were received; however, feel free to continue posting them if you so wish. Meanwhile, I will try to get my thoughts together in a way that's impactful and conveys my feelings about the song properly.

----

Thanks for your response, Specter. I guess your interpretation would likely be closer than most, seeing as you're really the only one who has any character directly related to her and who has actually seen even a glimpse of her in the roleplay. 
That being said, here are direct responses to your reply. As I translated, I also felt more and more that it was from Xenia's POV individually, not Paymon's, unless the interpretation and perhaps even the translation itself were warped to fit his voice better.
I would describe Xenia as someone who gives her all towards others without expecting much in return except for sincerity. Even if that sincerity isn't received, she still appreciates what they had between them. She's very much not a materialistic person, instead being someone who values certain concepts, like life, family, and love, and then she further appreciates the objects and families that materialize those concepts. So, even if those materializations end, she fully accepts that conclusion due to the privilege of already having had them. Thus, since she and Paymon already constructed a story of love, even if they both disappeared, she still treasured that love up to the very end and beyond. Like you pointed out, the "together" part is very important, as it is integral to her definition of love and means that she acknowledges it as something that had been beyond special. 

Now, onto my interpretation by itself, which still connects with yours in some ways.
The essence of my interpretation can be said to easily be "即使注定了遗憾结尾 / 我不后退". "Even if a conclusion to the story is a regretful one, I won’t retreat." You see, this entire song/message is created and sent out when the conclusion has already been reached. It's not that Paymon left her during some temporary journey; here they have been separated by the very boundary between life and death. The 'regretful' conclusion has already been reached, with the tale of happiness between the two of them and their children leading to tragedy.
Xenia is somewhere where her beloved currently is not due to her very nature (which leads to genetic details about Sunny and Sollux that I need to talk out with @Specter), her sort of place for an afterlife. In this song, it's pictured as a building of some sort with a window, which she is behind, looking out at a moonlit scene while she waits. And while she waits, she contemplates the very nature of love as well as the significance of their story together. That is "what is on [her] heart," and it is clear and pure because she has accepted those thoughts.
For her, most of the song isn't spent on thinking about what she believes or realizing something new about herself--rather, she already knows what is on her heart, and so the song is instead a message repeatedly sent to the one who she wishes will receive the message somehow. There is no hesitation about her beliefs or any changes to them because what she believes is something that hasn't changed--and that is that she doesn't think their love was ever a mistake. Therefore, she will wait, believing that her waiting isn't something worthless or meaningless.  
That being said, she acknowledges the tragedy in their story and that perhaps one could argue that the tragedy itself was created from their love. Perhaps the tragedy could have been avoided; that is, if she and Paymon had never met, had never fallen in love, and had never promised to be together for the rest of their lives, then maybe they both would have had their better conclusions. However, she views their entire time with each other as something that bypasses that unwanted end. She thinks that even if she had already known that by attaching themselves to their love, fate would crush them both, she would have still adhered to that attachment without letting go, as long as Paymon also thought the same.
The entire song is simple and rather straightforward, kind of like Xenia herself. Life to Xenia was precious, but it was meaningful because of the time she had to appreciate what she loved within the world and because of the time she had to have her own tale with someone she would come to love. Whether or not that love truly spelled their doom, she doesn't care about whether it was right or wrong or whether the end was happy or sad. She doesn't care because that love was there--"something very real," even though it was "cut off by life, not by choice." If she had known, she wouldn't have changed anything. What she says in the song does not change anything.
The one thing she doesn't completely know for sure but believes/hopes in is what is said in the song's conclusion: "I only pray that if we meet once more, we will both harbor no regrets towards this love." Xenia waits for Paymon to return, and while waiting, she hopes that if he does return, regardless of whether or not he is still 'Paymon' or just someone who still loves her, he will at least not have any regret towards that part of his story that included her.

------

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera