GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 12, 2021 17:50:27  #1951

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

I think those types of songs have a magic, and that magic comes in the fact that you don't just see the struggles of the character--you see their merits and how they handle the struggles, no matter how hard their lives have been. And while you empathize for what they've had to overcome, you also cheer them on and want them to win--and by the end, you know they do win, and they've grown, and it's not like they didn't work to gain either of them. So in general it's just feeling for the character and feeling happiness and sadness with them, instead of just hearing the sad parts.
You know, I feel like if a character is too centered around sadness as an attempt to garner sympathy for them, it actually goes wrong a lot of the time. People might think of them as edgy or unrealistic or pessimistic to a fault. And yeah, I understand that depression and other factors that people can't control exist, but that isn't really an excuse for them not doing anything to change their situation. Those factors make it harder to seek that initiative, of course, undoubtedly. But if those factors are the reason that the initiative isn't even sought to begin with, then it's more likely to earn scorn or, less extremely so, a neutral outlook on the character. Meanwhile, those who try (and have decent and fleshed-out personalities, of course) tend to be cheered on. At least, that's what I've seen thus far. 
Tragedy can be nice for writing purposes, but not if it's only for the purpose of the writer's fulfillment. Ultimately, it's supposed to say something about the character/s, or the story/the world (whether the fictional one or the real one, or maybe even both) as a whole. If it doesn't do that, and angst is just there for angst, then it's just a failure. That's the case even if the narrator has something to say but isn't able to show it and make it personal for the characters and the reader.
I'm saying all of that because one of my favorite songs kinda has this--the tragedy is there, and it's very extreme, but it has a reason behind it. So, while I don't necessarily cheer on the angst, I also don't mind it and actually think it's quite meaningful. 
Anyways, this is a huge point I need to work on, especially on the messages part. I'm actually not sure how much others interpret the messages I try to put in, and frankly I don't think I've tried enough thus far (and there's not enough to synthesize the messages at the moment, anyways). But no matter what, I need to work on making it personal not just for me, and thus meaningful for others as well. Improvement is a process! And now I go back to homework land. Just taking a break right now.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 12, 2021 20:21:29  #1952

Wiley kept whining, "Tengo hambre," while I was doing (ironically enough) Spanish homework, and even more ironically enough I forgot what it meant until, like, 10 seconds ago, which is a bruh moment
Anyways, @Wiley stop complaining lol you eat when I do

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2021 21:03:46  #1953

@Specter - hey this video but it's actually an AU dynamic between the Mamba, the A.A., and the Cheetah, because the Mamba's not as insane and the Cheetah's...idk, more normal ig, less tolerant of him

Also I didn't actually read the video description so idk if it's actually there but @GGaD!Mamba go read the video description, hopefully there's a certain something there

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2021 22:27:04  #1954

So the Mamba always has a knife, no matter what universe or alternate universe he is in?

Tbh sometimes I wonder what their interactions would be like if they were more "normal".

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

May 12, 2021 22:30:34  #1955

xD Idk, I haven't actually had many headcanons of any AU persona for him, and thus I have like no idea whether or not there's even an universe he has a knife he always has sword
Jk,,, maybe.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2021 23:58:08  #1956

I forgot the transitional idea I had for the Martin and Kiaane past thread
Will have to search it up in my archive ig
Wish me luck, both for finding it and for it even existing lol, knowing me I probably got distracted midway through with Kiaane plot ideas and never finished writing the ideas, in which case I'm slightly screwed ig

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 15:03:46  #1957

Tried to draw myself but nope so uh, apparently NationStates Galaxian will be turned in for my final project,,, lol
I honestly was considering sharing but I failed on his left hand so. Nope.
Haha rip whoever watches the actual project video

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 15:30:06  #1958

Idk, I don't like saying absolutes, but since I doubt anyone would want to see it anyways and adding onto the huge error thing, probably won't post it. 
Who knows, though. Maybe I'll finish it at night one day, and my nighttime self is pretty different from my daytime self. We'll see.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 15:31:46  #1959

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Idk, I don't like saying absolutes, but since I doubt anyone would want to see it anyways and adding onto the huge error thing, probably won't post it. 
Who knows, though. Maybe I'll finish it at night one day, and my nighttime self is pretty different from my daytime self. We'll see.

-Galaxian-

I WANNA SEE

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

May 13, 2021 15:32:39  #1960

You always wanna see, Echo xD
I still might not post it, but if it doesn't look like heck I can give you the link or something lol
Idk atm

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 15:36:39  #1961

OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

May 13, 2021 15:37:01  #1962

I'm sure everyone wants to see what you draw ;P

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

May 13, 2021 17:24:48  #1963

Did you know "everyone" is grammatically singular and as such it can be inferred that "everyone" refers to "Echo"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 17:35:39  #1964

Haha that's me :>

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

May 13, 2021 17:40:41  #1965

Yeah see

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 17:46:48  #1966

My mom has this running gag of sorts where literally every character I draw is apparently Aphrodite (Saint Seiya Aphrodite, not Greek myths Aphrodite)
Lol anyways she called Galaxian Aphrodite (again)
Idk lol he's not ugly but I don't think he's all that good-looking either. He specializes more in cute or scary depending on circumstance xD
He has no opinion on his appearance lol he thinks he just is. Or something like that. Idk he doesn't give opinions like that

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 17:47:15  #1967

Tbh it's kinda funny since I think my mom has only seen Hitan, Galaxian, and Rai in my drawings
Lol they're the Aphrodite Trio now xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 18:17:10  #1968

I love how I basically have a split personality specifically geared towards (my) art
There's a third of me that can be like "This is okay, I guess, gotta work on it," that one irrational part that's like "Hey that's not too bad," and the part that just looks and hones in the errors and despairs

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 18:18:15  #1969

Also tbh if I post the art I need to post the poem too, because explanations and stuff, which brings down the probability of me posting it further because, believe it or not, my poetry sucks even more than my art

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2021 18:20:16  #1970

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also tbh if I post the art I need to post the poem too, because explanations and stuff, which brings down the probability of me posting it further because, believe it or not, my poetry sucks even more than my art

-Galaxian-

BUT OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

May 13, 2021 19:11:43  #1971

I found a very cool theme song uwu I have yet to decide who it's for but xD yes.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 14, 2021 02:03:13  #1972

Lol what if the A.A. were impatient

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 14, 2021 21:21:07  #1973

Well if I can say one positive thing about my art, it's that apparently there is some distinction, enough so that Galaxian doesn't look like long-haired Rai even though rn the coloring for them is basically the same (though Rai's darker in skin tone lol) 
Unidentical Aphrodites xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 14, 2021 21:25:20  #1974

Y'know that one thread where Hitan told Helen he had a surprise for her and then kissed her on the forehead or the cheek, idk which but I think it might've been the forehead idk
Thank you, past self, for being logical enough to make it the forehead. Or the cheek. Both are better than, uh, yeah, it goes unspoken. Who knows why I'm like this xD
Tbh I hope this is actually a memory in the first place and not some headcanon lol why am I like this

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 14, 2021 21:31:24  #1975

Lol I found a book upstairs that I (miraculously) have not read yet, and obviously all books will feel the wrath of the eyes of a bibliophile, so I'll read it during the summer
With a quick skim of character names, turns out there's a guy called Dion xD iNtErEsTiNg
Lol hopefully I do more forum stuff in the summer lol even if I never show it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 14, 2021 23:53:00  #1976

I asked Mom, "Do you remember who Rai is?" and she did a ":thonk:" expression and then asked, "Was he the guy with the massacred students?"
I--xD.
Close enough. I mean, the names both start with R and have three letters. Good enough for me. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2021 20:00:29  #1977

I had a dream
I can now say with confidence that I don't understand what's so romantic about bloodsucking hello vampire anime
OW
And no, the dream was not in romantic context, but ugh
Also I don't like getting sliced by swords, that hurt like heck

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2021 20:02:26  #1978

Lol I need to write the dream down now lol rip homework

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 15, 2021 22:41:23  #1979

Fate!Wiley (Archer): Here's the plan:
Wiley: I go in.
Wiley: I start hitting people hard in the face.
Wiley: And we see where that takes us.
Fate!Dion: No.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2021 00:57:53  #1980

(*nervously laughs*) 
I feel like Rai might be ticked off at me not just because I still haven't found the keyboard piece

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera