HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2022 00:24:39  #3991

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

HPA!Wiley, four years old:
His mother: I know what you're planning, little devil-child
Wiley: (:?
His mother: (:
Wiley:
Wiley: ):

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 18, 2022 00:26:17  #3992

I find it kinda funny how HPA!Wiley will ask for donuts but most of them (at least the chocolate-covered ones) will be eaten by Rai
Their dynamic isn't that different from GGaD, but it's just funny because in GGaD Wiley's the one doing the food stealing, so it feels like cross-AU revenge in a way

Tbh I'm just saying that because my mind is picturing Wiley literally just dumping a container of sprinkles down his throat, which causes me some sort of agony/feeling of disgust that I cannot quite pinpoint

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 00:30:41  #3993

Also CC!Rai is the one who's been able to show more of a caring personality trait, but he would still take donuts from Frank if the other had them 
and yes, forum!Rai will take food intended for forum!Hitan. "Little kids like you shouldn't eat that many sweet things anyways," he says as he takes a good half of the entire portion.

And no he doesn't even care particularly for donuts, he's just gonna take them just because.

Dion coming home with groceries and some sweets like cupcakes and donuts and stuff and Rai kinda just takes half (a little less than half to be more precise, btw) while Dion makes a ): face lol
There isn't even a trick to get him not to do that. You can make the choice of not buying anything with chocolate, but he'll still take what he considers his share. You cannot escape from Rai taking your food.

Forum!Rai, taking a good batch of Silence's strawberry cookies from a freshly baked box right right after he finishes annoying the pom-poms out of her: 

Also yeah I'm doing food-related headcanons again, is it really a surprise at this point (:?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 00:34:33  #3994

By the way, forum!Rai will take a little more than half from forum!Hitan as a sort of payback for everything the other's older self made him go through, kinda like pre-paid interest but with that paid in the future (the comparison stopped making sense after the first part, I know, lol)
The thing is, Hitan's kinda generous even when he's a lil weasel otherwise, so he doesn't actually notice. If he's sharing something then someone can take their part and he won't really be particular about it

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 00:36:23  #3995

And I guess this kinda ties back to the Mamba (unintentionally)
He and the Cheetah mostly split everything evenly, but I get the impression that she could get a little more and he wouldn't care. Because she's his friend. And that's at least a little sweet, yeah?
Redeeming traits! Redeeming traits! Re...dee...ming... (*remembers how many people he's probably killed*)

It's not really surprising tbh, I get the vibe that they'd be at least okay people and a really cute friendship pair if they weren't crazy/without proper moral education/were allowed to grow up/etc.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 00:43:21  #3996

I think me ranking GGaD character pairs (my characters + another) in terms of which ones I "like the best" (as in there are probably a lot of ties, since some things are beyond comparison) would probably be a pretty horrible idea
...but it can't be worse than me trying to rank waifus/husbandos in F/GO, which btw I have not done/tried to do, I don't know how to rank that. Right?
well I guess I could at least first-rank someone for "waifu," and that's Mash because that's the compulsory answer, but tbh I don't think that counts as a personal ranking lol

But that usual entire strikethrough/parenthetical mess aside, the point was that I actually spend a good amount of time thinking about the Mamba and the Cheetah and imagining stuff related to them, like how they'd be in a normal setting and stuff, and maybe potential things they do in-RP, and other things, like particulars relating to their dynamics and general relationship.
I guess I'm a fan of basing a hypothetical scenario on their actual one, and then fixating more on that. Or something along those lines? I'm not too sure.

-Galaxian-

P.S. I feel kinda bad, Russet's back just in time for me to post-spam the forum again, I swear I'll try to exercise more restraint and haven't been doing this constantly xDD

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 14:35:39  #3997

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Forum!Rai, taking a good batch of Silence's strawberry cookies from a freshly baked box right right after he finishes annoying the pom-poms out of her: 

The entire time she's like "You're not going to kill a child, you're not going to kill a child-" and the second Rai takes the cookies, she's pulling out a knife and is like "nEVER MIND HE'S ADULT ENOUGH-"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 19, 2022 01:23:13  #3998

Ok I was intending to respond to things individually but I ended up just compiling a long list of responses here. So sorry about that.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

YouTube made a video pop up called "Frog refuses to leave circle" and of course that immediately reminds me of Kiaane
I might be dying, slightly. xD

Hey I remember seeing that video. That's funny.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Germaine was created by Specter back then as a potential character to ship with Felix and then latching onto that notion

Hold up really?? I don't remember seeing that's pretty wild.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

GGaD!Galaxian's characterization is overall really weird for me. It's not necessarily uncharacteristic thus far--some of the more iffy things of his character that make me somewhat dislike him are undeniably things that would happen either way--but some things are kinda off, and I can't always put a finger to them.

When I read this stuff I more or less attributed it to simply it's in a roleplay format where some characters have to be curtailed to keep everything equal and fun. I feel like you've said this somewhere, but I feel like Galaxian may be a character better suited for stories.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

My perception of it is that Time wouldn't be very comfortable with it, though maybe they would've been a bit closer than they are now (hopefully Time would establish boundaries earlier on though). But it wouldn't really work out, I think. I guess this would've meant extended ties with Galaxian and members of the Clocktower, but maybe I don't really see the hypothetical outcomes clearly.

I'd agree. Most of Time's relationships with other deities are relatively distant. I think if something like that happened, and Time had to take some form or mentor role, well... I feel like Time would fit more of the guidance rather than command part that you described somewhat well, but I definitely feel like he'd still keep his distance. I feel that a more warmer tone in his personality is mostly reserved for his sister and the members of the clocktower, albeit not very much warmer.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I guess someone who's more than an equal or could be more than an equal.

I'm interested in what exactly makes Galaxian think someone of an equal or more than an equal. Because my first thought went to power levels, and as far as I know, Galaxian is the strongest deity in powers.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

At one point I'll make a post or several asking others about the whereabouts of their current Masked Ones, but at this point in time I'm just gonna refer to it here.

That'd be cool. Honestly I'd be down to look at where they're at and to see what's going on with the MO. I totally forgot that the Raven was so childish I totally don't know where his form is atm lol.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 20, 2022 02:50:17  #3999

@Echo - Tbh their relationship involves a lot of murder,,, I'm concerned ngl xD

@Time - Unnecessarily long response incoming (lol I hope it'll be readable), buuut it's separated into chunks like that makes it any better
First, I wasn't expecting you to respond to so many parts of the thread. I guess I better get that F/GO gameplay post out there so you can stop following here lol

Time wrote:

Hold up really?? I don't remember seeing that's pretty wild.

I suspect you might've read incorrectly, but the short answer is no. I'm pretty sure I'm incorrect (or rather, I pray that I'm incorrect because I don't particularly like the possibility of being right). It's just that Ishmael had responded to an inquiry from Silverskies about shipping Felix with Specter [Bixbite at the time] already making a character to ship with Felix, and my mind went to Germaine automatically. I suppose you might not have caught that message regardless, though. It was interesting; I just wish my mind didn't leap to guess at it.
I don't really know when Felix and Germaine were submitted as characters, though (probably 2019-2020?), and tbh I'm kinda afraid to look into it. But that's a pretty crucial component, I would think.

Time wrote:

When I read this stuff I more or less attributed it to simply it's in a roleplay format where some characters have to be curtailed to keep everything equal and fun. I feel like you've said this somewhere, but I feel like Galaxian may be a character better suited for stories.

You saying this is interesting to me. Partially, it's because I indeed remember talking about characters better suited for stories, but I don't remember if I was talking about Galaxian. Because if I had talked about him like that, I either disagree with my past self now, or my past self failed to specify clearly what I meant.
Power and ability-wise, Galaxian is likely more suited for stories. It's easier for me to coordinate the moves he would make then--ones that would make an impact, make sense, and also be mostly fair--compared to in-RP, where I really do try hard to limit him when I can through "morals" and other limitations (and I put that in quotes because while he is logically constrained by morals and some elements, the ones he showcase in-RP that prevent him from fighting better are not necessarily characteristic. Ideally, Galaxian would be someone who wouldn't kill and would try not to hurt but wouldn't just never do anything in the long term, which I daresay is accurate for him in GGaD). I'm also very bad at roleplaying abilities in general, and I believe that makes it worse.
However, interestingly enough, his powers also have a good chance of making him not very suitable for stories at all. If I don't develop things specifically to curtail what he does, I think he would actually smother the very existence of a story. He'd be too efficient, even if it'd take him a period of time to get there. He'd be able to do a lot of things. And in the context of stories, if someone is too OP and is with the ability and intent to actively interfere, then the main character's relevance is effectively curtailed as well. I think that's also why I will refer to "AUs" where he is more unrestrained and does things like put "bad people" into a box they can't get out of while merely seeing such worlds as a hypothetical possibility. Would that world be much more ideal and peaceful than Forengard/our reality? I mean, probably. But it'd also be really boring, right? Which is why for actual AUs, I work really hard to limit him. I think that theoretically speaking, limiting Galaxian should be one of the most fun things to do, but I don't do it very well. I have to continue to work on it if I get the chance.
Last part of this portion of the response. It would actually surprise me if the kiddo deity turns out to be better for stories, because I made GGaD!Galaxian specifically to roleplay. I never really intended for him to be in a story. Is that surprising? I dunno. But I think a portion of him reflects this well. My initial goal for Galaxian was for him to be largely defined by others in some aspects. Not in morals, as mentioned. He happens to already have those. But his actual understanding of the world, humanity, and what it means to be a god in Forengard all come from the entities he's met in this roleplay. He's a god who technically could "know" everything, but there isn't any actual comprehension for him until he gains experience. If this roleplay's story were to be wiped, and it were to start anew in another history with different people, I think Galaxian's character might actually become much more different compared to how it is now. And that's something that I do appreciate, even though I often struggle to come to terms with the faults he's developed and held onto here.

More parts coming soon lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 03:32:15  #4000

Time wrote:

I'd agree. Most of Time's relationships with other deities are relatively distant. I think if something like that happened, and Time had to take some form or mentor role, well... I feel like Time would fit more of the guidance rather than command part that you described somewhat well, but I definitely feel like he'd still keep his distance. I feel that a more warmer tone in his personality is mostly reserved for his sister and the members of the clocktower, albeit not very much warmer.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm pretty interested in how Time developed as a deity before coming to the point he's at now. Even as you mention how his "relationships with other deities are relatively distant [for the most part]," I'm remembering how he's been a deity for a pretty long while. Of course, there are likely a lot of deities he met that we can't define, because their existence is more hypothetical (A.K.A. hypothetical forumer deities), but I kinda wonder if he's purposefully maintaining those relationships as distant. For instance...maybe he has some sort of past experience with some deity/deities that has ingrained something into him about corresponding relationships? Maybe, generally speaking, he's actually just more used to being surrounded by family or people with some sort of hierarchical relation to him? Maybe he just distrusts others from his past, or sees most others as being so transient that getting very close to them just isn't that worth it to him anymore? Or maybe I'm just overthinking all this, and it's just something natural. :-P Regardless, I've always been pretty intrigued by Time and Chronos because there's this time gap between their mortal lives and their eventual reunion, and it's likely that they should have developed as individuals in-between after they obtained deityhood. While I'm not sure you or Eliza also fixate on this, it'll always intrigue me to a degree. Maybe because I might never get answers.

Time wrote:

I'm interested in what exactly makes Galaxian think someone of an equal or more than an equal. Because my first thought went to power levels, and as far as I know, Galaxian is the strongest deity in powers.

I actually disagree with you to an extent about Galaxian being the strongest deity in terms of powers. I know I do a super good job of making some of my characters (or most?) overpowered in terms of power/ability quantity, but in terms of actual execution, I don't think he's a very powerful deity. Just a deity with a slightly different form of immortality than others. If he were human, he'd probably be dead shortly after his debut (from being dumb enough to be in strangling distance of a shadowy dragon guy when he ain't really that good at fighting), which is always...fun to think about.
But I'm not gonna argue about that here xD. I'm aware there's basically two extremes when it comes to Galaxi's capabilities. Instead focusing on your actual inquiry, I can start off with this--Galaxian technically starts off seeing anyone as an equal. It's when he can perceive reasons to not continue that perception that their "status" in his eyes lowers. For instance, someone who kills people for no reason will definitely not continue to be an equal in his eyes. That's not in terms of how much damage they can cause or how powerful/dangerous they are, but in terms of how worthy they are of respect. Other factors include their history that he can see, potential for development (often seen in combination with the aforementioned), general personalities, and affiliations, e.g. CDs will much more easily lose his respect even without him directly seeing them murder someone, probably because they hang around each other (and they tend to murder people indiscriminately).
I will concede that his instincts acting as a reason for someone's "equal" status disappearing is probably iffy, but I do have to point out that he has good instincts for someone being "good" or "evil," like Aereon, who he sussed out from the beginning, and reasonably so. She ended up cursing Chronos and indirectly causing Specter's disappearance, and I daresay that proved his instincts enough lol.
Onto the next portion! I can't be sure if there's anyone who would definitely be more than an equal for Galaxian as of this moment, but he essentially sees someone as potentially being capable of being more than an equal through their understanding of others and of the world. (And in "world," I mean an area someone can view/access, not the entire universe.) The entities he look up to usually possess a more advanced understanding of the world--not a shallow one, such as through sheer processing of information, but a comprehensive ability they showcase through their demeanor, actions, emotional/mental state, et cetera. For instance, I've defined Galaxian as seeing Chan as a sort of "superior" figure, and that's because he thought she "knew," quintessentially, more than him. He thought of her as an emotionally mature deity and a capable goddess. Maybe she was susceptible to her emotions as times, I dunno, but the way he viewed it was that she ultimately had a greater view of the world than she let on to. Another character I can mention is Germaine, although Galaxian currently doesn't have enough interaction with her to be able to directly see her as an "authoritative" figure. And that's to say that although she probably has more things she can work on, she handles loss with a maturity that Galaxian can't muster. Coupled with her immortality curse and general experience, he trusts in her worldview and perspective, and he wouldn't try to stop her from doing what she wants to do. And third, just speaking in terms of others' characters, Kae gave me the vibes of someone who Galaxian would see in this sort of light over time. She was kind despite being mortal and seemed to exhibit a strong understanding of what she witnessed. She also had a sense of purpose that Galaxian admired. Though it's possible I didn't see enough of her, I think she also might have been someone who he'd perceive in that sort of light.
Overall, I think it's pretty hard to fit Galaxian's standards and expectations for this. A part of it might be because most characters have flaws that prevent them from fitting into the mold while they're developing, and maybe it's just generally unrealistic. Experienced characters definitely have an upper hand, and I suppose there might even be some commonality among the characters I've listed. But the good thing is, it's not like Galaxian respects anyone more in particular because they fit the mold, so there's no particular advantage to being a sort of candidate for this. I guess if any of those characters were the braggy sort of people, they could boast to others about a cosmic god out there looking up to them in some aspects. But I'm pretty sure them being humble is also part of his admiration. So, in the end, it's just Galaxian's view of things.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 03:42:30  #4001

Time wrote:

That'd be cool. Honestly I'd be down to look at where they're at and to see what's going on with the MO. I totally forgot that the Raven was so childish I totally don't know where his form is atm lol.

I forgot they interacted entirely, and I had to laugh when they argued, even though it was immature and technically not indicative of much. And with how I think, you know that my brain suddenly wants to keep them in touch to maintain that relationship, even though the A.A. probably does not want that at all (lol). 
To be honest, those relationships that I forget often turn out to be quite special. Or maybe I like my characters annoying others too much,,, you guys let me know if that's something I should be putting a brake on. 'Cause the trend definitely exists lol. Galaxian and Koku (and in general), Rai and Quinn, the Mamba and most anyone with common sense, Wiley with most anyone, forum!Hitan and Rai with Silence,,, 
Do you remember most of his character at least? Some of y'all are so good at that--not roleplaying characters for long periods of time and being able to pick it up when you need to. I don't know how you do it. Please teach me. :')

----

My mind is telling me that "This is why you don't have friends" ))))): but long posts are so fun when I want to make them and typing nonsense out is lowkey a coping mechanism so ((((:
Time, feel free to not respond to all this lol. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 13:27:08  #4002

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

@Echo - Tbh their relationship involves a lot of murder,,, I'm concerned ngl xD

-Galaxian-

Dw it's friendly murder :D

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 20, 2022 17:26:09  #4003

That's not reassuring at all though, friend

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 22:27:30  #4004

Oh yeah, before I forget, here's something I thought would kinda fit the Mamba
Slight volume warning btw

He's acting stupid while the other Masked Ones are mostly doing official things, and the A.A. kinda just slaps him out to oblivion
I'm not sure if it's pleasantly surprising, but I kinda like how the A.A. isn't as violent as would be implied in this meme. Inhuman Patience EX

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 21, 2022 04:48:53  #4005

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Power and ability-wise, Galaxian is likely more suited for stories.
However, interestingly enough, his powers also have a good chance of making him not very suitable for stories at all. If I don't develop things specifically to curtail what he does, I think he would actually smother the very existence of a story.
Last part of this portion of the response. It would actually surprise me if the kiddo deity turns out to be better for stories, because I made GGaD!Galaxian specifically to roleplay.
-Galaxian-

Yeah, I could see that how Galaxian can ruin stories with no limits. If like, the power levels and whatever weren't at a high enough level or the villians couldn't handle him or whatever. I haven't really kept track of your AUs that much, but what I'm getting is that AUs are just character power trips lol?

But I can also see how Galaxian can be made for rp due to the high impressionability.

Time

August 21, 2022 05:11:30  #4006

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm pretty interested in how Time developed as a deity before coming to the point he's at now. Even as you mention how his "relationships with other deities are relatively distant [for the most part],"

Maybe he just distrusts others from his past, or sees most others as being so transient that getting very close to them just isn't that worth it to him anymore? It's just something natural.

:-P Regardless, I've always been pretty intrigued by Time and Chronos because there's this time gap between their mortal lives and their eventual reunion, and it's likely that they should have developed as individuals in-between after they obtained deityhood. While I'm not sure you or Eliza also fixate on this, it'll always intrigue me to a degree. Maybe because I might never get answers.

Ok so my first thoughts when it comes to him and being distant is a few things 1. boo hoo trauma I don't want as much attachments because they hurt a lot. 2. It's just his natural disposition.

All characters I make are somewhat a representation of a part of me, and a part of Time includes the fact that irl I never share anything about me/take forever to create an actual friend/connections.

Actually when I was thinking about that during the failure of a writing story "The Clocktower". As of the moment of course, it's still in the air of the timeline as to when Time and Chronos became deities. Of course they have the main time gap when they are mortals, but I was also wondering when they gained deityship. Whether it the same day or even at the same exact time lol. So even while in deity form, their bodies are still the same age in comparison to each other. Like if their times of becoming a deity was separated by say, a few months, with Time's being first, Chronos's body would be older by a few months, despite time being born first (I think he was born first??? lol). But yeah. I do wonder even if they did grab that ambrosia flower at the same time, how long was it before they learned of their relationship, and ran into each other? What happened during that span of time? I hope I'm making sense here bc I'm just throwing up thoughts rn.

More to responses to come i gtg to bed.

Time

August 21, 2022 23:01:34  #4007

Oh so for the equality and power stuff. I get it. Thank you for telling. But I still think he has the strongest powers in terms of power, not execution or whatever or any of that stuff. In terms of what he is capable of, I think he's the strongest.

So to summarize what makes a greater than equal for Galaxian is more or less their understanding of the world and the people who live on it. As of current, Galaxian sees Germaine and Kae as a possibility for being more "authoritative/mentor" like figures that are more than equal, and has seen Chan in this position in the past. However as of this moment, he does not see many who are more than equals, or has not had enough interaction with them yet. Is is correct? Give or take? I have a request to not make the response to this paragraph to not be as long bc I'm trying to get it summarized down for my thoughts lol.

Time

August 21, 2022 23:10:55  #4008

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I forgot they interacted entirely, and I had to laugh when they argued, even though it was immature and technically not indicative of much. And with how I think, you know that my brain suddenly wants to keep them in touch to maintain that relationship, even though the A.A. probably does not want that at all (lol). 

To be honest, those relationships that I forget often turn out to be quite special.

Do you remember most of his character at least? Some of y'all are so good at that--not roleplaying characters for long periods of time and being able to pick it up when you need to. I don't know how you do it. Please teach me. :')

Hmm. Idk though after the supposed disband of the MO. Atm I guess we'll see if that develops if more MO activites continue. But atm... I'm thinking of using him maybe a few more times...

It's the little things with relationships, yes?

Hmmmm... maybe? I can tell a decent bit of it from what I gleaned from reading. I know that I didn't go too in detail with Raven's personality, so I have it more or less. In all honesty though, if I didn't read that thread, I would have treated his personality like Ignas. But maybe just less awkward and grumpy. My guess is there would be a chance where I don't remember the sadistic, somewhat lazy, somewhat hypocritical, petty, and quick to excite traits.

I'm not aware of my ability to randomly pick up characters after long periods of time, but here's my thoughts. I would go about doing it is even if I don't remember the character, I'll take their most defining traits, and build off that for general interactions while I go see if I can find deeper personality details.

Last edited by Time (August 21, 2022 23:11:39)

Time

August 22, 2022 15:07:16  #4009

Time wrote:

Yeah, I could see that how Galaxian can ruin stories with no limits. If like, the power levels and whatever weren't at a high enough level or the villians couldn't handle him or whatever.
But I can also see how Galaxian can be made for rp due to the high impressionability.

On your mention of villains, I don't see him as being a main character in stories, more like that one god who occasionally pops up. So, villains of a story wouldn't necessarily have to be tailored to his power level.
I think I could describe this feeling better by using Xenon's GGaD fic as an example. If he'd been writing at a time where Galaxian existed, I think the deity in question would only occasionally show up in the story and probably ruin all the serious vibes in the process. A funny thing about Galaxian as a side character is how useless he seems relative to a specific storyline, since he tends to deal with so much at once that it feels like he's not doing much at all (and maybe he isn't? I dunno). 
I think my point was that a story can exist as long as his existence isn't a gamechanger, which is a weird balance to strike. I'm glad you could see how he might've been made for roleplaying though. I like when things I want to convey get through somehow, even if it's through Galaxi's cluelessness and nothing else xD.

Time wrote:

I haven't really kept track of your AUs that much, but what I'm getting is that AUs are just character power trips lol?

I honestly don't know what a power trip is but am guessing it's not a great thing in terms of character balance, so I'm gonna say...kinda? In terms of AUs I've shared, there are 3 actively going on at the moment: 1) A crossover between GGaD and F/GO, 2) F/DA (a separate universe closer to the canon in terms of worldbuilding, but obviously an AU of GGaD),  and 3) HPA.
Speaking towards Galaxian specifically, the F/GO-GGaD crossover just has him at the power level he has in GGaD, and if you were to ask me, he's actually a little bit worse off due to having no battle experience whatsoever. The crossover is mostly just an opportunity for me to imagine him with cool in-game battle effects. For instance, he can drop a comet as an animation and do more cosmic god things, though not necessarily on a huge scale. It's hard to really compare this to F/GO's actual animations with me not being an animator lol, but you can search Enuma Elish up if you'd like. I swear what I do is actually reasonably okay in comparison to some characters' power designs. Anyhow, back on topic, I mostly imagine him as sourcing from an event, and he's not a gamebreaker for that event's storyline, either.
Meanwhile, his abilities are currently more undefined in F/DA, but I'm mostly reining him in through his character (as is customary), and he might not even debut in the AU during the roleplay because his role is specifically one that doesn't interfere until needed (and idk if he'll be needed). Last but not least, HPA is kinda a Danganronpa AU situated in the real world, which means Galaxian there is basically just a really smart kid who acts dumb sometimes, which is pretty much just him. Truthfully, I don't know how one would define overpowered in that case xD, but I'm just trying not to overinflate his intelligence and hoping for the best.

Edit: Just thought about Galaxian in Among Us (who I haven't really shared too much about). So, to specify on his power levels, he's just as strong as other crewmates, maybe a bit worse because he's younger, and as an Impostor he sucks lol. His strong suit (haha pun) is that he got to be an astronaut when he was pretty young, but that also means he has a good number of flaws when it comes to handling the in-game situation. Pretty mediocre if you ask me xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 15:20:49  #4010

Time wrote:

Ok so my first thoughts when it comes to him and being distant is a few things 1. boo hoo trauma I don't want as much attachments because they hurt a lot. 2. It's just his natural disposition.

All characters I make are somewhat a representation of a part of me, and a part of Time includes the fact that irl I never share anything about me/take forever to create an actual friend/connections.

Actually when I was thinking about that during the failure of a writing story "The Clocktower". . . 

I don't think I have much to say on this (or much I should be able to say xD), 'cause this is your character's development and backstory that you're talking about, with most of it probably meriting discussion with Eliza. Thank you for addressing my questions to an extent, though! Chronos' backstory has never been elaborated on, I think, as to what happened between her mortalhood and deityship as well as how she and Time got reunited. 
I suppose I have 2 things:
1. If Chronos became a deity after nearly dying, I could potentially help develop the circumstances that led to her being in danger shortly after the demise of the guild. I have done some "world" development (more like area development) for where the Thaohals and Segtivays were situated in Time's mortal life, so yeah, let me know.
2. Swerving back to the topic of friendship, I've mentioned before that Nagesh and Time give me really good friendship vibes, so I was wondering if you also felt anything of the sort? I dunno when we'll develop their relationship, but I'm really looking forward to it for some reason :D idk I just really like how they interact lol.

Oh also, I think The Clocktower wasn't as bad as you thought. It's just that natural course of improvement leading to writers being disgusted at their own works over time, I think. xD
Coincidentally, I need to go eat lunch, so I'll come back and finish posting after completing my homework for the week (due today; weeks for my school are weird lol).
I'm having way too much fun responding xD, I dunno what's wrong with me

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 17:22:42  #4011

Brief interruption--

Forum!Rai: You think I don't have a conscience? Well I have the pleasure of telling you that I am versed well in the art of con science, thank you very much

He and Cielo would get along so well (I've been reading my entire planning document in its entirety and I definitely need to work on her and Divina more)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 17:42:07  #4012

Time wrote:

Oh so for the equality and power stuff. I get it. Thank you for telling. But I still think he has the strongest powers in terms of power, not execution or whatever or any of that stuff. In terms of what he is capable of, I think he's the strongest.

To be fair, I won't disagree with that, but there were a lot of deities older than him that I didn't meet, and calling him the strongest in terms of potential somehow makes it even worse when he doesn't do enough xD. 

Time wrote:

So to summarize what makes a greater than equal for Galaxian is more or less their understanding of the world and the people who live on it. As of current, Galaxian sees Germaine and Kae as a possibility for being more "authoritative/mentor" like figures that are more than equal, and has seen Chan in this position in the past. However as of this moment, he does not see many who are more than equals, or has not had enough interaction with them yet. Is is correct? Give or take? I have a request to not make the response to this paragraph to not be as long bc I'm trying to get it summarized down for my thoughts lol.

Hmmmmmmm, why are you summarizing a facet of his personality? Scouting for the CDs or something? Just so you know, if Galaxian were to fight Oblivion, I don't think he'd do very well, you know? You don't need to give them any more advantages, a'right? :')
The general evaluation I gave was from my point of view, not his. Galaxian doesn't think about this topic consciously. I also didn't include some of my characters (or just one in particular). But what you said is more or less correct, yes. Sorry for any confusion.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 17:51:57  #4013

Time wrote:

Hmm. Idk though after the supposed disband of the MO. Atm I guess we'll see if that develops if more MO activites continue. But atm... I'm thinking of using him maybe a few more times...

Right, that was mostly me speaking. I'm too fixated on relationships.
That next sentence (and its use of ellipses) totally isn't foreshadowing at the Raven dying at all (:

Time wrote:

It's the little things with relationships, yes?

Yes :D!
Edit: Holy heck how did a smiley face with an exclamation mark turn into a bomb O_O
Except I really need to be more rational when it comes to the Masked Ones and other such characters. There's no way they're anywhere near as clingy as I am. Speaking logically, it's much more likely for the group to have almost completely dispersed.

Time wrote:

Hmmmm... maybe? I can tell a decent bit of it from what I gleaned from reading. I know that I didn't go too in detail with Raven's personality, so I have it more or less. In all honesty though, if I didn't read that thread, I would have treated his personality like Ignas. But maybe just less awkward and grumpy. My guess is there would be a chance where I don't remember the sadistic, somewhat lazy, somewhat hypocritical, petty, and quick to excite traits.

I will absorb those trait descriptions of Ignas so I can bully him more
I'm kinda just imagining Ignas and a guy with a bird head interacting now xD

Time wrote:

I'm not aware of my ability to randomly pick up characters after long periods of time, but here's my thoughts. I would go about doing it is even if I don't remember the character, I'll take their most defining traits, and build off that for general interactions while I go see if I can find deeper personality details.

Interesting process. I, on the other hand, scramble for any related material for the characters, mostly in the form of forms, writing, and notes. Going in with "just" their most defining traits would be like going in blind for me, unless I wanted to scrap the character and recreate them. Even then, I like to have somewhat of a written base to build on.
I think it's because I know I have a tendency to underestimate my past self. Like sure, some of my past POVs were absolutely horrid, but there are good pieces here and there that I want to keep for even the most basic of characters. I guess I usually end up making big changes anyways, but I don't like going in without a reference just in case my ideas are somehow worse than past me's.
Anyways, now that I know you do that, maybe I'll be able to see you doing that if you pull an old character out of the basement to use. :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 17:58:18  #4014

On a kind of related note, I have gotten so lazy at updating character relationships (between my characters and others') since we moved off the wiki. I've been pondering making a thread just dedicated for that but tbh I feel like you guys would be too considerate to ask
Not to mention, I don't think there's been big changes in how my characters perceive others, so that kinda excuses my laziness. 
I mean, if I can read Galaxian's relationships and only see how some characters should be moved to a more inactive section, that's pretty much an indication that I shouldn't need to make big changes for anyone.

Anyhow, this is sort of related to F/DA. I have a relationships section ready for all my characters but will I ever make a coherent effort to fill it out? Probably not lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 18:12:56  #4015

I love how many food headcanons I've made for forum!Silence and Dion on my personal planning document
Like even looking back, I don't know what in the world I was thinking, but you know as well as I do that I could very well make another food headcanon today and wouldn't find it weird then

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 20:07:36  #4016

owo

The rule of thumb for me remembering what Forum!Silence likes is "LIKES STRAWBERRY AND SUGAR" in all red

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 22, 2022 22:59:38  #4017

Yeah, those are the obvious ones, but I was headcanoning other weird stuff Galaxian's gang would somehow get her to eat
I imagine Hitan getting cotton candy and instead of eating it, he tears it apart and wraps it around Silence like hair strands and makes a huge mess (it's kinda weird typing this when I'm actively POVing GGaD him lol)

-Galaxan-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 22, 2022 23:31:04  #4018

XD

Imagining Forums! Si desperately trying to switch out Forums! Hitan for GGaD! Hitan as a joke and somehow Forums Hitan guilts her XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

August 23, 2022 14:47:43  #4019

Oh yeah she probably shouldn't do that, he has some issues
Also GGaD!Hitan might seem angelic, but he is canonically a rather annoying person to some people. I dunno how to explain it. 
Anyways, what I meant was Silence has already seen older Hitan (who technically acted rather close to GGaD!Hitan at that age), so she should definitely know better

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2022 16:13:39  #4020

Today in Lit we were talking about character archetypes, and when we came to the threshold guardian I thought about that post barrage (above) about Galaxian as a side character in a story, except he doesn't even test people because 1) he doesn't feel the need to, 2) he doesn't know how
He mostly just looks at them, maybe talks with them a bit, and thinks it's all good.
Imagine if a squad of protagonists went through a loyalty god and at the end it turns out one of them is a traitor (jk Galaxian wouldn't be that bad)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera